Twilight Breaking Dusk - Book...

By RoseGoldMermaids

[This is a Breaking Dawn continuation story] After the Volturi had left my family and I in peace we planned... More

Piercing the veil
Expected unexpected
The meadow
Bonding
Extraordinary
A slight complication
The truth is a lie
Lies, lies and more lies
Subjective
Where are you?
You will always be my baby
Gene Splicing
My love
Penelope Camille Cullen
Matthew and Penelope
Pretend
Stubborn moments
Goodbye
The best man has arrived
Denali
The talk
Ultimatums
Normal
Declined
Alice
Book II
First Day
Bullies
Wyatt Hunter
Aurora and Guardian
New Friends
Protectors
Danger
Alone
Sparkles
The little vampire
Midnight Sun
TWILIGHT MIDNIGHT SUN
AUTHORS NOTE
Check This Out

Tears

43.8K 526 129
By RoseGoldMermaids

I began gathering my things up to head to my next class. Just as I was about to leave the room I had eaten my lunch in I froze, my hand in mid-reach for the door knob. The bracelet I had gotten from Jacob was missing, it had fallen off.

I closed my eyes, my heart starting to pick up in its beat. It was now as fast, if not faster then the heart beat of a humming bird. This wasn't good.

The bracelet wasn't any ordinary bracelet but a Quileute version of promise ring. The bracelet itself takes over a month to make as it was normally hand made by the male. The bracelet itself was supposed to be tied on by the male and never removed. The legends goes that if the bracelet falls off it was bad luck for the imprintee. There was only ever one case in Quileute history where the bracelet fell off the wrist of the female that the wolf had imprinted on. That wolf somehow fell away, which is supposed to be impossible. 

I headed out of the room and began quickly retracing my steps of every place I had been. Maybe if I found it and put it back on everything would be fine. I found myself heading back in the direction of the lunch room. Like every time I entered a room, all eyes were on me.

Shrugging off the gazes I went over to the table I had been sitting at and got on the floor to begin my search. When it didn't turn up I began panicking. What would happen to Jacob, would he be hurt? Would he be angry? I didn't want him to be angry at me, he was my best friend.

"Hey kid." I heard a familiar voice call.

I automatically tensed up from the memories of Tammy wanting to beat me up. Letting out a breath I rose to my feet and turned to face her.

"Hi Tammy." I murmered.

She grinned at me mischieviously and that was all I needed to know that she was up to something. If she was going to beat me up I wasn't going to fight her. My mother and father taught me fighting was bad, especially with humans because I had the advantage of being half vampire meaning I was stronger then they were.

"Are you looking for something?" She said, her voice slick. I gave a jerky nodd. "It wouldn't happen to be this?" She asked as she held her hand up.

I moved my gaze to what was in her hands and saw my bracelet. I knew it was mine from the way the knotting was so intricate and the colors earthy. Even more in the middle of the bracelet was the letters J & R. Jake and Renesmee.

"Can I have my bracelet back please?" I asked kindly.

I watched as Tammy reached into her pocket and took out a silver rectangle. "How bad do you want it?" She asked before flipping open the top and strumming her finger across it causing a flame to light.

My eyes widened. "Please don't do that." I said, my voice desperate. I watched as she began teasing me by moving the flame to my bracelet and then away. "Please." I begged this time.

I could feel the tears began to build behind my eyes.

Tammy took one look at me and then the bracelet before she moved the flame to the bottom causing my bracelet to ignite. I stared in shock as I watched the bracelet being ate by the flame. Then I heard the tinkle sound of the two metal letters hitting the floor. My bracelet was gone.

I felt the tears flowing over my eyelids before they began trickling down my face.

"What's your problem! I just ruined your bracelet aren't you going to hit me!" Tammy shouted.

I looked up at her and felt anger fill my face. I wanted to do something but I didn't know what. I wanted her to pay for what she did.

"Oh is the wittle baby crying." She laughed. "Look everyone she is crying."

I quickly wiped my eyes before I looked around the room. I was half expecting the lunch room to join in on her laughter but they all were silent as they watched me.

"Baby, baby, little baby. Does the baby want her mommy and daddy?" She began teasing.

I clenched my fists. "LEAVE ME ALONE!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. I rose to my feet. "You are just a sad insecure girl and thats why you have to pick on me isn't it. You want me to feel your pain and sadness. You are a pathetic being!" I snapped.

In the next two seconds Tammy moved to tower above me. She grabbed the collar of my shirt and I soon found all 50 lbs of myself being lifted off the ground. "What did you just call me?" She gritted through her teeth.

"Let her go Tammy." Wyatt said from behind her.

"What are you going to do Wyatt, hit me?" she smirked. "I'm just teaching this one to respect her elders."

"Do you really want to go down this road or should I tell everyone in this school what really happened to Rachel?" He growled in a low voice.

Rachel. Who was Rachel?

I saw the fear forming in Tammy's face. Then she set me to my feet. Just in time too because in came the Principle and several staff members.

"What is going on here?" Mr. Jacobson demanded.

His eyes rested on Tammy and Wyatt who both had bitter expressions. Then after a few moments his gaze fell to me.

"Renesmee are you alright?" He asked.

I looked up at Tammy who shot me a threatening glare. I didn't want to cause  any more trouble between us.

"I'm fine we were just talking... that's all." I lied.

"She's bluffing. Tammy decided she wanted to bully Renesmee. She was seconds from assulting her after she ruined her bracelet by lighting it on fire." Wyatt countered

The princple's head snapped in Tammy's direction. Without a word he held out his hand. I watched as Tammy placed the lighter into his palm. Very quickly the principle opened it and tested it to see if it worked, which it did.

"This is your third offense on school grounds." He said in a serious tone. "You are expelled." he finished.

I gasped in shock.

"What?" She said, her voice raising slightly. "You, you can't expel me my father is-"

"Your father knows the rules and is the one to enforce them." The princple cut in. "Gather your things and come to the office straight away." he finished.

I glanced at Tammy once just in time to see her lunge at me, manic screech and all. Before she could reach me though Wyatt hair grabbed her by her arms and held her firmly.

"No more students are going to die because of you." Wyatt snapped.

This comment gained the full attention of the principle who was intrigued to know what he meant. It turns out that in the last half of the school year Tammy bullied two students. One committed suicide and the other was comatose for three weeks before she died of brain trauma.

Tammy's expulsion was now being accompanied by an arrest for involuntary manslaughter. Her removal was by police. She of course didn't go quietly and threatened to end my life because I ruined hers.

I sat in the Principles office while he wrote up the incident report. After it was finished he dismissed me. I was just in time for Music class which would be nice if it hadn't been cancled on the count of the teacher needing stitches from falling into a lunch table while trying to help restrain a, impressively, strong Tammy. So now I had to wait.

I sat in the stair well between the first and second floor staring at the letters in my hand. It was ruined and if the legend was true so was my and Jacobs friendship. I let my head sink into my lap before I began crying.

"Are you okay?" Wyatt asked.

I looked up at him trying to see past the tears in my eyes and nodded my head. "I'm fine its just a bad first day but it will get better right?" I said as I rose to my feet and headed into the hall.

I heard his footsteps behind me. "You aren't a good liar." He said to me as he matched my pace.

I stopped suddenly in my tracks and turned to look at him. "That's because I don't lie. I just want to be left alone while I wait for my mom and dad to come pick me up." I said simply before I continued on down the hall.

I closed my eyes as I heard his footsteps close behind me. "I'm sorry but I can't leave you alone. I feel the need to protect you." he expressed to me.

"I can take care of myself, I just didn't fight back because I wasn't going to lower myself to her level. I'm better then that." I said with a bitter voice.

I wasn't a baby and wished people would stop treating me like one. I could take care of myself I was 7 years old.

"I know that but it doesn't change anything." He said quickly as he walked along side me. "I know what you are." He added hastily.

I froze as my mind continued to speed along. He knew what I was. Humans weren't supposed to find out or that would be trouble for us. The Volturi were already angry with my family and now they would have a reason to hurt them and take me away from my mom and dad.

"Please don't tell, I'll do anything I promise." I pleaded in a low voice.

"Your secret is safe with me. You see I'm like you too, only slightly different." I watched as he lifted up his sleeve there on his shoulder was a mark that reminded me of the Quilete brand that Jacob and the other members of the wolfpack had by the intricate designs that twirled around one another. Now that I looked at it more carefully the design looked like a moon inside a sun and just beneath it rested a small star.

What did this mean? What was he?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.7K 1.2K 15
It has been 3 years since the Volturi confronted the Cullen's and their witnesses on the clearing and a lot has happened since then. Renesmee has not...
57.8K 1.6K 24
{B O O K O N E} "I use to believe that no matter what hard, cold floor I'd hit that somewhere in my life it would get better. That I would say I we...
588K 13K 60
"My business is... because right before my family left... I promised Edward that I will look after you! My business is because I promised to look aft...
18.2K 812 31
Twinkling (Prequel): Two years after Breaking Dawn, Bella, Edward, and the rest of the Cullen's finally head off to New Hampshire. What will they exp...