Extraordinary

Standing in the back of the room I felt my mind go into overdrive. Why would Sam bring the entire pack when we only asked for a few of the members. This could only mean one thing.

Before I thought about it I felt my body start to move into a defensive stance. Before I made the full transition Edward placed his hand on my shoulder.

"They come in peace, Sam is just curious. That's all." Edward reassured me.

Edwards mind reading gift came to great use in times like these.

In the next half second my instinct to protect myself and my family fell through. I came out of the slight crouch I was in and stood straight. In the next second I could easily smell the wolfs scent.

Since I was used to being around Jake and smelling him it wasn't as repugnant to me as it was the first day.

Then they entered through the back door.

"Hi boys." Sue said as they entered the room.

Charlie looked up from the television and rose to his feet before he took his place at Sue's side. "Hey kiddo." Charlie greeted as he ruffled Seth's hair.

Leah came over to Charlie and gave him a feeble smile.

"It's nice to see you." She said in a low voice.

I looked at Edward, slightly taken back by Leah's reaction.

"She is trying to be happy for her mother by accepting Charlie and you into the family. She is trying to move past the prejiduce that she was raised to belief as part of the pack." Edward explained to me.

I looked at my father and was surprised to see Leah having, what seemed to be, an animated conversation with my father.

"You have changed our lives in so many ways that I would have never thought possible." Edward as he pulled me into his arms and kissed me. "You gave me a daughter, a wife." He chuckled as he nuzzled his nose to mine. "You've even brought the wolves and us to peace with one another." He pressed his lips hungrily to mine.

Someone cleared their throat causing me to step away from him and compose myself modestly.

My father was looking right at me. If I was a human I would have blushed redder then a raddish but I no longer had blood flowing through my veins so I didn't blush.

"Sorry dad." I said, grinning shyly.

Charlie took another swig from his beer. "For what? I was just asking you if you wanted to be the maid of honor for my and Sue's wedding."

If I was a cartoon my eyes would have grew to the size of saucers and my mouth would have hit the floor. My father was the last person I would expect to push the wedding gig. He must really love Sue and want to do right by her.

"Dad, the maid of honor is suppose to help with the wedding details and I really don't feel like I'm the best woman for the job. How about Alice, she loves to plan things." I suggested polietly.

Charlie looked to Sue who nodded her head. "That will work." he said before he was joined by Alice who was showing her the dress sketches.

I fell into a corner of the room with Edward and listened to Sue and Esme talking to the wolf pack members about the job they needed. They explained about wanting us to come together as a family unit and then brought in the news about the family vacation on the island.

After a few concerns Sam gave in, suggesting that maybe a bit of a vacation is what the pack needed. When the discussion had ended it was decided that Paul, Seth, Leah and Jacob were going to the island with Emmett, Jasper, Rosalie, Alice, Esme and Carlisle.