Caught My Attention || (TWICE...

By Dylanmctroscky

|ON GOING| Y/N is just the average student that is excited for the Christmas holidays. Being one of the best... More

Caught My Attention || AUTHORS NOTE
Chapter 1: Holiday
Chapter 2: Catching up
Chapter 3: Awkward moments
Chapter 4: Meeting Twice
Chapter 5: Basketball Game
Chapter 7: First win
Chapter 8: Getting closer
A/N UPDATE
Chapter 9: Standing up for Nayeon
Chapter 10: Aftermath
Chapter 11: Jealousy
Chapter 12: Arguments

Chapter 6: Courts

3.3K 72 5
By Dylanmctroscky

Y/N'S POV

While walking to the court, I grew a stronger connection with everyone from Twice since we were all talking and laughing about whatever came to our minds. We shared a lot of personal stories as well as them telling me some of the difficulties they faced joining Twice, even though I've had this conversation with Tzuyu before, it was still fun since it was just as interesting hearing the story through someone else's perspective. They were also asking lots of questions about my basketball and they wouldn't stop talking about my game they just watched.

"How did you get that shot in? You were under so much pressure and you still shot it in!" Nayeon said while jumping on my back making me give her a piggy back. My heart was beating so fast and my friend down there couldn't help but to get a little bit excited, since my hands were holding her thighs while her arms were wrapped around my neck. She rested her head on my shoulder while facing me and I could smell her fruity scented shampoo. Before any more dirty thoughts could enter my mind, I started another conversation with Dahyun who was walking next to me.

"Umm...so Dahyun, you play any sports before joining Twice?"

~~~~

As we reached the courts the Twice members all rushed to the nearby bench where they fought to get the best seats to watch me play, making me giggle at their childish behaviour.

Not too long after shooting a few shots, I felt a tap on my back where I turned around to see Nayeon looking at me shyly.

"Uhh...I know you are just shooting, but is there anyway I can help you warm up? It's just really squishy on the bench and I kinda want to stay with you for the time being." I immediately smile after Nayeon offered to help me warm up.

"Yeah that would be really helpful! Could you maybe stand under the net and just catch the ball whenever I shoot it in and then just pass it back to me?" She cutely nods and goes underneath the net.

After about 5 minutes of shooting I notice Nayeon had her mouth slightly open while staring at me making me laugh.

"Something wrong? Why is your mouth open for so long?" I say while laughing.

"How are you shooting the ball in so easily. You literally missed once and haven't missed since." She says back, looking amazed.

"Uh, I've been playing basketball for a long time now so practice makes perfect I guess, plus there's no one guarding me." I sheepishly say while scratching my nape. "You wanna try shooting? You've been helping me out long enough so maybe you should try and play for a bit."

"Really? I would love to!" She says as she immediately runs over, and I hand her the ball. She stood at the free throw line and throws the ball, but unfortunately the ball hits nothing but air. She pouts cutely while stomping her feet. "How do you make it look so easy!" *continues pouting*

I laugh at her reaction and I quickly retrieve the ball. I stand behind Nayeon and hold her arms teaching her the correct way to shoot the ball. I didn't notice how close I was to her and it looked like I was back hugging her. I shouldn't let her members see us like this, or I'm going to be teased along with her.

I was about to quickly change the position we were in before her members see, but it was too late since I heard Jeongyeon and Tzuyu already teasing us from the bench. I see Nayeon blush and I assumed she was uncomfortable. As I was about to let go of her arms she grabs my arms and puts them back to where they were originally.

"Just ignore them, I really want to learn how to shoot the ball properly."

NAYEON'S POV

Although it was true I wanted to learn how to shoot the ball properly after embarrassing myself with such a terrible shot in front of Y/N, it was mainly because I really liked him being behind me holding my arms and showing me the shooting motion. It really felt like he was back hugging me and it made my cheeks heat up thinking about it. After I got how the shooting motion worked, Y/N decided to play a shooting game with me but he had to shoot with his left hand to make it fair. One by one, my members joined in after looking at all the fun I was having with Y/N.

"How do you still shoot it in, even using your left hand! That's not fair!" Dahyun says while pouting making the rest of us laugh. Surprisingly after the short shooting lecture, I shot the ball quite well making me really happy and the other members surprised.

"No way, Nayeon unnie is a better shooter than me!" Chaeyoung says while attempting to shoot a three pointer but air balls making us laugh at her. Even with Y/N shooting with his off hand, he still won the game making the rest of us whine and playfully hit him.

We continued playing for a while and everyone was all having fun, especially me. We were all laughing at the members who air balled and surprisingly even at Y/N but he was using his off hand to shoot. Eventually the courts began to get packed with people coming in to sign up for the tournament. Suddenly I notice Liam run over to us while yelling out Y/N's name.

"Yo Y/N! Sorry I was late, I forgot my basketball shoes half way here and had to run back to get them. Oh! You even managed to bring Twice here, they never want to go out with me!" He says while laughing.

"It's because your annoying!" Y/N teased making all us even Liam laugh. "I was just shooting with the girls and they kept me busy and thanks to them I'm warmed up, so don't worry about being late. Let's go sign up now that your here." With that they immediately rush over to a crowd of people where everyone was signing up.

"Wow! I didn't notice since I was too into playing basketball but there's A LOT of people here!" Jihyo says slightly shocked. We all look around and to our surprise there really is a lot. It almost felt like a carnival with all the shelter tents set up with benches underneath for the spectators to sit.

"I want to take off my mask because It's so hot after shooting!" Momo complained.

"Me too, but we can't! I don't want people taking photos of us non stop while we watch Y/N play. And people might think something odd is going on since we never watch basketball, causing scandals and rumours." I reply.

"True, I don't really want to get a lecture about how these scandals can effect our careers from JYP." Sana says.

As the other members slowly made their way back to the bench, Tzuyu suddenly comes to me.

"Umm, Nayeon unnie...You like Y/N right?" Her question caught me off guard as I widened my eyes and feel my cheeks heat up.

"..Y..Yeah he is a fun guy to hang out with." I stuttered since I was panicking while thinking about words I can say to cover up my feelings.

"No, I mean do you like like him? I mean we all kinda like him and our dating ban is gonna be over soon so we were thinking about giving him a chance, but when we were on the bench talking about this, we noticed you guys look at each other with a different look. But if you don't have feelings for him then I'll just ask him out." Tzuyu shyly said. The thought of them being together made me jealous making me immediately spill out my feelings.

"NO!" I accidentally shout at her. "Sorry...I didn't mean to shout at you. But I do like Y/N a lot, ever since I saw him while you FaceTimed me, and now that we've talked...even if it was only for a day it's safe to say I really do like him a lot and I really want him." I say back while in a blushing mess since I never talk about guys and my personal feelings often.

"Haha I knew it! Sana owes me $10! I was being serious about us having a crush on him though. But we are all pretty sure Y/N likes you back so good luck!" She says back to me while giving me a wink.

"Ya stop it! Your embarrassing me! I don't even know if he likes me back. It's too early to be confirming these things!"

"Haha true, well let's get back and watch your soon to be man play." Tzuyu says while dragging me to the others.

Y/N'S POV

As I was writing down my personal information onto the sign up sheet, Liam suddenly speaks up.

"Bro I think Twice likes you a lot."

"Yeah obviously because let's be honest, who doesn't like me." I joke back not really sure what Liam is trying to say.

"No like I really think they enjoy hanging with you a lot, more so than others. You only met them today but it looks like you guys have known each other for years! It's actually unbelievable how likeable you are."

"I guess so. I'm glad that we are all comfortable around each other. We all immediately started talking as soon as me and Tzuyu went into their apartment. They're all really easy to talk to, especially Nayeon even though she can't speak Chinese. I find it cute listening to her speak English and she's teaching me Korean and apparently I learn fast." As I bring Nayeon into the conversation, Liam immediately smirks at me, causing me to give him a weird look.

"Speaking of Nayeon, as I was walking here I noticed Nayeon eyeing you very closely whenever your talking to one of her members. It looks like she's jealous." Liam says while wiggling his eyebrows at me. I scoffed immediately.

"As if someone as famous and cute like her is into me." I say as I shake my head.

"Hey, don't be too sure about that! I notice even Tzuyu is a bit more intimate with you and I've been friends with her my whole life so I'm pretty sure I know who interests her and who doesn't." His words makes me think. 'If I think about it, Nayeon does act more intimate to me. Even more so than Tzuyu and she likes being really close to me. Nayeon literally clings onto me whenever I walk and I remember her glaring at Chaeyoung when she kissed my cheek.' I eventually shrug off my thoughts.

"Whatever, I'll keep my eyes peeled for Nayeon but for now let's just focus on winning the games." I reply

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 52 9
Former Ghost Recon member, Y/N L/N lives in Seoul Korea, attempting to get back into the everyday life, until an incident leads to the meeting of a G...
16K 447 38
In which (Y/N) is looking for a person perfect enough to be a real friend and soon-to-be lover through his passion for music..... Published : 24th Ma...
6.3K 627 47
Dahyun is a normal student who have a complicated life, she was a fruit of her father's sin along with her sister Kim Chaeyoung. Despite of being lef...
52 2 2
Nayeon is a broken girl with lots of family issues. Seeing herself at the verge of the brokenness, the girl has no other hope in life, love, or even...