Ramona & The Silver Screen |...

Od northlanes

In which Ramona Ramirez tries to make a movie and discovers more about herself and the people around her than... Více

Summary + Author's Note
Cast + Playlist
Act 1.0
Act 1.1
Act 1.2
Act 1.3
Act 1.4
Act 1.5
Act 2.0
Act 2.1
Act 2.2
Act 2.3
Act 2.4
Act 2.5
Act 2.6
Act 2.7
Act 3.0
Act 3.1
Act 3.2
Act 3.4
Act 3.5
Act 4.0
Act 4.1
Act 4.2
Act 4.3
Act 4.4
Act 4.5

Act 3.3

420 76 17
Od northlanes

CUT TO:

INT. CLASSROOM – DAY

Ramona is sitting in class when she receives a text from Simon.

Good morning, beautiful.

She blushes to herself and sneaks a quick reply under the table.

CUT TO:

INT. SALLY'S SANDWICH SHOP – DAY

Ramona enters the sandwich shop. Haley is standing behind the counter. When Haley sees Ramona, she offers her a small smile.

HALEY: Hi, Monesy.

RAMONA: Haley, I—

Haley nods.

HALEY: I know.

RAMONA: I know that you know but I need to say it to you anyway.

Haley just looks at her.

RAMONA: I'm sorry we didn't cast you for the role. There's no excuse for it. You're my friend and—

HALEY: It's precisely because of that that I understand. Really, Ramona, it's okay. This isn't my first rejection. If you're going to be apologizing for anything, it should be for the fact that you avoided me and assumed I was mad when I wasn't.

Ramona cringed.

RAMONA: I'm sorry, Haley.

Haley smiles.

HALEY: I forgive you. Now get over here and clock in so you can take over.

RAMONA: Is Simon here?

HALEY: No, but he will be. The new cook's hot.

Ramona laughs.

RAMONA: Let me guess. You asked him out on a date.

HALEY: Her. I asked her out on a date.

RAMONA: And? Did she say yes?

Haley wriggles her eyebrows. Ramona squeals.

HALEY: So tell me about Leo. I heard he turned out to be a giant douchebag.

RAMONA: I wouldn't call him that...

HALEY: Oh, sorry. I meant giant asshole.

Ramona laughs.

RAMONA: He's just... a little bossy.

HALEY: Oh please, Ramona. You don't have to make excuses for that slimey little white boy.

Haley shakes her head.

HALEY: Simon told me most of it. But speaking of Simon—

Haley wriggles her eyebrows again. Ramona laughs, her cheeks turning scarlet.

HALEY: So? Did something finally happen?

Just as Ramona was about to answer, Simon enters the sandwich shop, his hair still wet from the shower.

SIMON: Hey, I'm here.

When he sees Ramona, he beams brightly. Ramona grins back.

Haley purses her lips.

HALEY: Ah. I get it.

Ramona looks at her as Simon approaches.

HALEY: And that's my cue. Let's talk more some other time, alright? I gotta go feed my cats.

Haley hands her the apron and disappears into the kitchen. Ramona turns to Simon, who's looking at her.

SIMON: (breathlessly) Hi.

RAMONA: Hey. (pause) You ready for tonight?

SIMON: Ready as I'll ever be.

There's a brief moment of silence when Ramona puts on her apron and a customer walks in.

RAMONA: I better get to work.

SIMON: Yeah, me too.

There's a pause, and Simon seems to hesitate. Before the customer arrives, he pecks the side of her head and disappears into the kitchen, too.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

526K 11.4K 45
PUBLISHED - Link in bio 💕 The summer after her sophomore year in college, Mia takes time to heal after a failed relationship. In an attempt to move...
644K 16.1K 44
Madison Rosales is not your typical 22- year-old. While everyone her age is out graduating college? She's only getting started. While everyone is out...
30.9K 2.4K 54
Adia Siddiqui had spent her time dreaming of a life she could never attain until one day her fiance made her dream come true and Adia's life is set t...
3.5M 106K 65
❝ I don't have time to waste thinking about a boy who will only destroy my future,❞ I say getting closer to him with every word, maybe a little too c...