Worth It [On Hold]

By there_is_always_hope

Call it Karma, What goes around comes around. Call it payback, revenge. Call it selfishness and naivety. Call... More

[Prologue]
Chapter [2]
Chapter [3]
Chapter [4]
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
I'm Sorry Guys (A/N)
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13

Chapter [1]

566 44 16
By there_is_always_hope

Chapter [1]

Chapter [1]

“She’s gone.”

“What?” I blinked back at him blankly.

“I looked everywhere like three times.” He muttered in a matter of fact tone.

“How could she be gone? Blade man, seriously, stop with the pranking, both of you! This isn’t even funny.”

I shook my head and laughed it off. I really didn’t want to admit it to myself. I’ve been doing my own searching. I mean I’ve checked everywhere. They were good at hiding let me-

 “Seriously Luke, does it look like I’m pranking you!” He had a point; he looked almost as shocked as I was feeling. I just didn’t want to believe it. Yes I’ll admit I was in denial.

I pushed by him and looked in her room again. Nothing. No I wasn’t worried, because worried sick was just an understatement. I mean she was right in here sleeping on my bed, in my room a few hours ago. My heart was thumping hard against my ribcage; it was starting to get really hot in here. Just like my temper.

“Did you check the Balcony?” I suggested hurriedly. My hands forming fists, I realized I was clenching and unclenching them subconsciously.

“Twice.”

But she always sat out there when she wakes up from her nightmares, that’s if she didn’t come to my room like she usually does. I don’t understand. Did she fool me last night? No she couldn’t have. I saw fear in her eyes. What changed?

“Bathroom?” I rushed out the room and burst into the bathroom. Empty. Just like my heart. But not like my racing mind. Where the hell did she go all of a sudden?

 Just like that Lottie?

Charlotte, honestly just tell me why?

I walked slowly back to my room trying to make sense of what was really happening. Would she actually leave me alone or was this one of her sick pranks? I made a face at myself. I knew I was just being melodramatic. I wanted to believe I was just being melodramatic. It felt like a reality slap in the face to be honest; or a punch to the guts; or even a stab to the heart.

Remind you of anyone Luke?

Shut up brain I had an excuse!

Yeah keep telling yourself that.

Was she trying to get back at me?

Was this her way of payback?

“Dude chill.” I heard Blade say. That’s when I lost it.

“HOW CAN I CHILL WHEN MY SISTER IS OUT THERE? HE’S OUT THERE TOO AND YOU KNOW THAT. SO DON’T TELL ME TO CHILL. DUDE!” I exploded. Urrggghhhh… I've got a short temper.

I grabbed the lamp and tossed it across the room, where it shattered in many pieces. It helped me release some tension.

My veins must’ve been popping out of the side of my neck; I haven’t been very patient or very manageable when it comes to my anger lately. I’ve always had that issue for like years, but I managed it. Now I couldn’t. Now I wanted to break more things. My blood boiled in rage. Anger couldn't cover all that I felt.

“Did you try to call her?” Of course I felt stupid for not trying. I snatched up my phone from the bed side and speed dialled her phone.

It was engaged. I redialled.

“The number you have dialled has been disconnected or switched off. Please try again later.”

Gabriella Charlotte Phoenix. I’m getting really angry.

“She won’t pick up.” I spoke through my gritted teeth. Breathe Luke, breathe. My nose was flaring. I could almost feel smoke coming out of my ears.

“Didn’t you make Felix implant a tracking device into her phone?” Oh Blade, what would I do without you? Ewww I didn’t just say that.

My eyes dawned in realization. Bingo.

I sent a text message to the squad.

Emergency meeting.’

Whatever you do in this life to another person, whether it is good or bad, the same will return to you.

I remember reading this jokily in the fortune cookie pixel bought for us two months ago. I remember shrugging and laughing it off. What a joke right? I am so lost right now. I rubbed my face in hope that it’ll release my frustration, I was stressed. I think I’m growing grey hair already. I’m going to die at a young age too.

It didn’t take that long for the trio to burst into the room with serious and grave expressions. In fact it only took them ten minutes. I only broke a chair, two vases, a lamp, and punched Blade for being so irritating. That’s not much at all.

No, I'm serious it's not.

“What’s up?” Jackie called out after taking in the damaged surrounding. Neither Blade nor I uttered a word, I felt like a disappointment. I couldn’t even take care of my own little sister.   

I think Pixel seemed to have caught on, she’s known for reading our minds and processing situations fast. “Where’s Gabriella?”

“S-s-sh-”

I heard Blade let out an annoyed groan before finishing of my sentence.

“She’s gone.”

“Just like that?” Felix asked flustered, giving me sideward glances while taking a step back.

“Just like that.” Blade confirmed.

I was growing impatient as Blade gave them a short recount of what we woke up to. I had to cut him off; he looked just calm and collected. He was so guarded.

“Felix remember the tracking device, I need you to track it now.”

“Umm Luke have you seen this already?” Pixel calls from the kitchen. My heart dropped out of fear, but of course I didn’t show it. I rushed around and stormed to the kitchen Pixel held a note in her hand with Lottie’s handwriting.

I snatched it out of her hands, not rudely but hurriedly. She looked at me wildly, and slowly started to retrieve.

“Hey Luke, don’t freak out! Please tell me you bothered to check for a note on the fridge, because if you didn’t I’m sorry to say this, but you’re stupid.”

Of course I am. I continued reading.

“I’ve gone to run some errands I’ll be back soon. Now for the reason well some words are better remained unspoken? Don’t bother looking for me, and stop going crazy, I can protect myself, I just need to visit a friend, and I’ll be back in no time at all. Love you.

Lottie <3”

Some words are better remained unspoken? Really where have I heard that before?

You wrote them in your letter, you fool.

Shut up.

Doesn’t this remind you of what you’ve done? You guys are too alike.

Shut up!

Seriously though, what friend? Does she even have any friends? No offense Lottie. But come on, that was a pathetic excuse. She’s going to get herself killed. I just thought she was passed that stage. I mean she probably would’ve been fine if it weren’t for those damn pictures.

What do I do?               

This is not the right time Charlotte. Why can’t you think before you do something for once? Why?

“Hey Luke… It’s gone. No traces. This can only mean one thing…” Pixel continued his sentence.

“She knew about it and crashed it.”

“Dammit.” My fist connected with the wall leaving behind a dent.

“No that’s not the worst thing I can’t even track her phone.” Felix said again from downstairs.

“Which can only mean one of two things, she switched off her phone or it's broken and gone.” Pixel added.

I heard Blade snort. “Don’t under estimate her; she’s smarter than she looks Luke.” I turned around and sent him a glare. “Shut it. You’d think I don’t know my own sister?” He rolled his eyes. “Do you really?”

Do I really?

Do I?

Do you?

Shut it!

Blade was just known as a highly irritating prick that just loved to provoke everyone. The only person that has actually left him dumbfounded was Lottie. She even bloody socked him.

Then it clicked. My face slowly broke into a grin. I’m a step ahead of you my dear lovely little sister. Cameras!

“Felix security cameras-” I shouted eagerly but only got cut off by cussing.

Now what?

“Luke did you happen to disconnect the cameras?” Pixel asked. I spun around again giving Blade an accusing look. He just shrugged off and walked over to the closest camera, which happens to be in the corner of the television, barely even noticeable.

Jackie did the same. “They’re all been disabled.” He muttered in awe. “How much do you really know your sister?”

“That’s impossible.” I ran to the other camera. Disabled. I ran from one camera to another. They’re all disabled. “Bullshit…” I trailed off, she didn’t even know about the cameras.

How? Unless…

Someone in here told her about them.

“No one happened to tell or spill anything about these cameras to her right?” I asked curiously. Felix and Pixel joined us. “Never.”

“Nah.”

“No.”

“Don’t think so.”

“Yes.” I ignored Blade’s response, because it’s always bullshit anyways.

Wait now that I’ve thought about it. How did she even get out, then I felt a cool breeze I spun around and saw the window slightly opened.

That daughter of a pick locker.  

“Then how?” I mumbled. Felix was avoiding eye contact as if he’s hiding something. “Felix.” He gasped and jumped.

Yes, definitely hiding something. “What aren’t you saying?” Everyone turned in his direction. He shook his head a little too quickly rubbing his neck nervously. I stormed to him grabbing him by the collar. “HEY WHAT THE HELL!”

“TELL ME!” I spat through gritted teeth. He knew it was no use; he sighed and looked me dead straight in the eye.

“She’s not all that’s gone…” He trailed off sucking in a breath as if bracing himself. “You have to find her before she does something she’d regret.”

He wasn’t even making sense. “What do you mean?” I whispered.

The next three words he muttered made me let go of him and made my blood drain from my body. I looked at him with wide eyes before rushing towards the door. Those words he said echoed in my head.

Like a messed up recording tape.

“The gun’s gone.” 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wooooww Lottie step back everyone, Luke and Lottie going nuts....

So whatchya guys think?

VOTE,

COMMENT,

AND THOUGHTS?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 479 37
|| Highest ranking yet #7 in action || || Editing on hold || There is a thin line difference between Revenge and Vengeance "Revenge" is more spit...
2.7K 108 38
When you have lost everything, you have a choice. You either break or you fight. I chose to fight, fight for my family honour and avenge their deaths...
14K 850 59
Sequel to More Than Enough. Please read that before reading this so that you may understand the story. ------------- Everyone is one the search for (...
107K 2K 30
All the person that i used to love, just made me believe that Love can't make your world go round. You'll witness chapters of my life. How to find lo...