Aries

By firedance_icesong

[COMPLETED] Lyra is a human living among wolf-shifters. Without being blessed with a beast, she tries her bes... More

Author's Note and Glossary
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 8.1
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 12.1
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 16.1
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 20.1
Chapter 21.1
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 25.1
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 27.1
Chapter 27.2
Chapter 27.3
Chapter 27.4
Chapter 28
Chapter 28.1
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 31.1
Chapter 32
Chapter 32.1
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 34.1
Chapter 35
Epilogue
Stolen page - 1
Aries' POV: before meeting her
Aries POV: Lyra
Aries POV: the flame that does not die
Aries POV: an act of cowardice
Aries POV: first kiss
Aries POV: ripped apart
Character Review
Next in series

Chapter 21

60.8K 2.9K 3.7K
By firedance_icesong

For a long time, I remained silent, not knowing what to do. Whatever Nash served me, I ate. The noodles, poha, pasta and a burger. While he was raving about Mina to Brent and Ant, Miguel gave me occasional long glances at me.

I brushed it off. I knew I was acting weird, but I could not help myself. What Ant had said shook me.

Finally finishing our meal, Brent cleared his throat and an awkward atmosphere got a hold over us.

Andrew lifted his head slowly and I could see his puffy eyes and the blue tinge that lined it. His eyes were bloodshot and his lips pale.

I frowned. I had been rejected, felt my mate mark and mate with another female on a Mating Moon night, and even I had not suffered as much as Andrew before me. Something else must have happened for him to be affected so much.

The only possibility was that he had mated with Nira, his mate and then was rejected. But then again, he was my friend, and if he had cared about me enough to abandon West pack now, why had mated with Nira knowing she was Harper's Beta?

Something was not adding up.

"What is it, Andrew?" I asked, finally finding my voice.

"Nira..." he swallowed. "I need to explain my story."

I rose an eyebrow. "Then please do."

He lowered his head. He had to. Had he not, I would be genuinely surprised. I was an Alpha, Ant was a Royal and Miguel was a Delta who was a shifter.

"After..." Andrew began. "After you were banished, I was a mess, Lyra-"

I growled. He was not my pack member to address me so intimately.

A thick scent of fear rolled off him and I was satisfied.

"Alpha," he corrected softly. "I was a mess, Alpha Lyra. That was when I found a perfect scent. I followed it to find my mate. Nira... she was a beautiful female helping a pup. I fell in love with her immediately.

"I had not realised she was from Alpha Harper's pack," he continued. "I thought she was our pack member who had come to see her Alpha's ascension. After all, how can I remember all those thousands of wolves?"

I nodded my head. I could relate. When we had been in West Pack, the pack gathered all its members once a year to see if anyone is mated within the pack. And seeing the vast number of people in our pack, reaching nearly half a million, I knew how it was to not know who was in my pack.

"She insisted that we mate and we mated that night," Andrew said with the barest hint of life on his face. "It was the best night of my life. Then the next morning I asked her who she was and... when she said, I died. She said she was Harper's beta."

"So you knew she was that close to Harper the second day itself?" Nash asked, aggressiveness rolling off him. He was pissed for his Alpha. "Still, you betrayed?"

"No!" Andrew exclaimed quickly. "I tried to avoid her, but you know how the mate bond is. I simply could not. We kept clashing and somehow ending in each other's arms. Then she confronted why we could not be together. It was then I told her who Lyra was to me."

"Who was she to you?" Ant asked.

He gulped. "My best friend. A girl whom I had a crush on. A girl whom I hoped would be my mate."

If I had been the Lyra before the rejection, I would have blushed. Now, I was pissed off. Irritated that he could see me like that.

Brent had a huge smile over his face that shrivelled when he saw the placid look on me. Had he expected me to run into his arms the second Andrew confessed this?

I mentally snarled. How dare these people could assume what I felt?

Ant gently squeezed my hands. "Continue."

Not knowing my inner turmoil, Andrew smiled. "I swear, Lyra! I want us to be mates-"

I growled loudly. He might have been my friend, but this was the same person who had betrayed me to his mate. Not to mention, I was never the one to come between mates. Whatever problems they had, the mates had to solve it themselves. Just because I had been rejected never gave me the rights to interfere in other people's lives.

"Calm down, Lyra," Miguel cooed. "Calm down."

Then he sent a colourful image of him beating up Andrew via our link and I brightened up a little. I knew I could count on my Delta.

"Lyra?" Andrew called.

I glared at him. "You are not a member of my pack to address me so intimately, Andrew."

He gulped and the beast in me fed off his fear.

"Af-after that," Andrew continued at Nash's nod. "Nira was furious at herself. She refused to touch me and the bond between us was fading. We both were weak and dying. When Nira was about to die, we... we mated again. That was when she said she wanted to be with me no matter what. And in that spur of the moment, I told her about you, your pack. It was then she threw me in prison and tortured me."

Ant rose an eyebrow. For a sixteen-year-old, she sure knew how to make a grown male piss himself. "You told her on your free will. If Lyra wanted, she can take your life."

"Bu-but Alpha Ethan can find her!" he protested.

Miguel wore a smirk that rivalled the devil's. "She can't. But I know people who can."

Andrew looked at me with wide eyes. "You won't let them do this to me, right, Alpha Lyra?"

I shrugged. "Depends. I am thinking of various ways to kill you."

Tears brimmed his eyes. "Al-Alpha Lyra!"

"Quite shouting!" Nash snapped. "You want us to get caught?"

Andrew's chin wobbled but he sealed his mouth.

"Lyra?" Ant asked.

I took a deep breath in. "If... if staying apart from your mate within the same pack was enough to literally kill you both, then how the hell are you staying so far away from her now? How is it not killing you both?"

A clever question, Lyra, Miguel said.

He lowered his head. "When Nira threw me in the dungeon, the bond between us snapped. It broke and we are no longer mated."

This was getting interesting.

"Then how was it that..." I trailed off. "You were sick for the past few days because of the mate bond? How can you call that your mate had been cheating on you and that's why you were all bruised? How can you call her your mate when the bond had broken?"

That was when Brent turned to Andrew with a questioning glance in his eyes.

"How, Andrew?" he asked.

Andrew's face paled. "While she let go of us, I could not. I loved her so much. The bond had snapped from her side and not from mine. That's why I could feel the pain."

Before I could retort a comment, a scent that had my soul howling with joy wafted to my nose. It was a smell that I wanted to sense before I went to sleep and the scent that I wanted to wake up smelling. The scent that I wanted to coat my skin with.

As much as I knew everyone was watching me, I let my eyes wander. I wanted to see those silver eyes. That face had a smile that rivalled the shine of the sun. He was here and I simply knew it.

Even if I had not sensed his scent, I still felt him here. In this complex. Somewhere, but here.

What was he doing here?

The hair on my neck stood erect. Somehow I knew he was watching me from behind. I could feel the air move to make a way for him as he neared.

He walked slowly with a confidence that only time could have taught him. When he was ten feet away from me, Ant chuckled. He is here, is he not?

Yes, I whispered back. How do you know?

She rolled her eyes. Well, he is one of the first and the best predators of the universe and he is walking towards us. Don't you see the shift in the air?

That was when I realised how stiff everyone else was sitting. Their backs straight and their face bunched in confusion. Not to mention, waves of fear rolling from them. Were only Ant and I not affected by his presence?

Lyra? Miguel called. What is that?

Alpha? Nash said, his voice wavering.

Lyra? Brent asked. What is happening?

I smirked and Ant wore a matching expression. Arien is coming, guys.

At that, Miguel and Nash visibly relaxed. Then they saw behind me and they sighed. While Brent was still confused. He frowned and hoped I would explain to him, but when I did not, he showed renewed interest in the tissue he was having in his hand.

Miguel muttered. "Stupid Arien."

Nash gave him a weird look. "You literally confessed your love for him a few days ago."

I laughed at that memory. We had been playing a game of UNO and Aries had helped Miguel that one game.

Okay... Ant drawled. I can sense Aries because I am Luna's descendant. How did you find out? And by the look on your face, you found out about ten minutes before me.

I licked my lips. I can smell his scent.

Ant visibly gasped. Before she could reply, Aries pulled a chair from a nearby table and sat next to me. I gulped. The conversation I had with Ant an hour ago was not helping.

"Hello," he drawled.

And as weird as it sounded, that voice soothed an ache I did not know I had. It was a simple word, yet it brought many feelings roaring to life. I tried my best to appear as unaffected as possible and I was sure I was doing a pathetic job.

Brent did not know who Aries was, yet he could feel that Aries was way above him.

"May I ask, who you are?" Brent asked, his voice shaking.

I should have felt pissed off. He was asking Aries directly instead of his Alpha. But I felt satisfied by the way he worded his question. As much as his actions questioned my authority, I knew who was more powerful. Even if Brent did not know that yet, he had addressed Aries directly.

Aries shrugged. "Aren't you supposed to address your Alpha? How can you directly talk to me in the presence of your Alpha?"

I turned my head slightly at the star to glare at him, but when I saw a cheeky smile on his face, I forgot the reason why I was even angry at him. What was Aries doing?

Can stars take drugs? I asked Ant who simply snorted into her chocolate milkshake.

"He is Arien," I said.

Brent looked at me for further introduction, but he was not getting any from me. Aries nodded as though he wanted me to go on, but I was not going to. Who knew what his purpose he had here?

"And he is?" Andrew was the one who was bold enough to ask that.

"My friend," Miguel answered before either of us could. "He is with us."

"Us? As in?" Andrew asked, his eyes narrowing at me.

I snarled lowly. He was not merely challenging me. He was judging my decision. I was not his Alpha and he was questioning it. I wanted to rip-

A warm hand held my fist under the table and rubbed soothing circles over it. Instantly, I released my fist and melted internally. What was he doing? Very subtly, I felt him inch closer towards me. How could this male be so in tune with me? What was happening?

"I live with them," Aries answered coolly. "I know Lyra."

Brent's eyes were accusing when they met mine. "He... he lives with you? He is not a part of our pack and he lives with you? But you won't allow Andrew to come over to your place? Very rich, Alpha."

I gritted my teeth and Aries squeezed my fingers. It was his touch that prevented me from tearing those two males' throats.

Miguel sneered. "What do you know? And how can you talk like that? You knew what Andrew had done. It is because of him Ethan knows Lyra is alive and happy and it is because of that, he wants to hunt down Lyra. And you can favour Andrew and we can't help Arien? Arien who had done nothing wrong to Lyra? Arien who had helped her?"

Brent snarled lowly and that moment I knew he would choose his friend over his Alpha. As much as I knew the truth, I did not want to hear it or see it today.

"If you chose Lyra as your Alpha," Aries said, cutting Brent's growl in his soft commanding voice. "You don't dare to judge her. She is the Alpha here and not the other way round. Be careful of what you say."

"Leave, Brent," I said, squeezing his fingers back. I did not want another emotion draining drama. "Take Andrew with you and leave. I will talk to you both another day when we are not addled with anger. Leave now."

Andrew blinked. "You choose Arien over us?"

A fire like no other burned my veins. Anger slowly shimmered in me. And I was no longer in my right mind.

"Yes," I spat. "I choose Arien over you any day."

Andrew's eyes widened. His eyes flickered between me and Aries. When he saw Aries giving him a careless glance, he hissed. "Is he your toy now? Does he serve well in bed? Do you fuck him to get over Ethan? You are a bitch. I thought you would be different, Lyra. But all you females are the same. Meet a pretty face and you allow them to do anything. I hope Ethan gets you-"

I released Aries' hand and I stood up. "What if I fuck him? What is it to you?"

I could feel Ant smirking. Smugness shrouded that princess.

Andrew snarled as he shot up. "You are a slut like the others! You are no different from Harper! No! Harper is better than you. She at least marked Ethan before going to his bed. You haven't marked him and you are taking him to your bed. How rich-"

I wanted to laugh at the irony. If I had taken him to my bed, why the hell would I toss and turn in my sleep? Why the hell would I crave his scent? We did not even share and bed. Aries had given me his room to use. That was all.

"What if I marked him?" I said quietly. "What if he marked me? What if I claim him as mine? What is it to you? He is mine and I could do whatever I want with him."

I had no idea what possessed me to utter these words. I was pretty sure that when I got my senses back, I would blush brighter than the sun. For now, I could not bear to look at a shocked Miguel and a confused Nash and most of all, a smug Antlia.

Andrew shook his head. "I wanted to be your mate. Now, I am not sure."

"Then leave," Aries said, leaning on his chair and folding his arms. "Leave before Lyra does some serious damage to you. And trust me, I won't hold her back when she does that."

Andrew pulled Brent and they left.

Only after I could no longer sense their scents, I sat down, heaving. What had possessed me to talk like that? And Aries like that? As I knew, my common sense was returning and I was turning into a red light bulb.

I swallowed and turned to Aries slowly. I expected disgust and anger, but what I saw took my breath away. I saw a smouldering heat and a passion enough to possess my soul. The heat, not the warmth those silver usually had when he saw me, lit a fire under my skin and it was burning brighter with each second.

Yet again I realised that silver could be a shade for passion.

"I am sorry," I said in a quiet voice. "I don't know what possessed me to utter those things and I am sorry. Truly sorry. I am-"

"No damage is done," Aries said and if anything, that heat flared more. "He was pissing you off and you had to show him your place."

"She could have done without involving you," Ant quipped, smiling widely. "But she had to do it."

I closed my eyes as I recalled the colourful words I used. I wanted to lock myself in a room and not come out for at least a year.

Miguel gasped finally, coming out of his shock. "Wow! I have never seen anyone claim a star like that, much less a Warrior of Moon. Wow!" Then he turned to me. "You don't have guts? Who the hell said that? Do you know that no one had claimed a Warrior like that? And the last to even suggest a claim like that ended up dead? I am so proud to call you my Alpha!"

The last person to even suggest such a claim ended up dead? I paled.

Apparently, Nash had the same thought. "The last person to suggest a claim like that ended up dead?" He turned to Aries. "Are you going to kill her?"

Aries shrugged. "I might, I might not."

I blinked. "I am so-"

"Apologise another time and I will kill you," Aries said. "I said I understand why you said that. You were being riled up. No harm is done."

I gulped. "Still, your reputation-"

"-is not going to define me," he cut me. "Look, if I cared about my reputation, I would have killed that puny wolf before he had the chance to complete the first sentence. I can read minds, Lyra if you have forgotten. I knew what he was going to say. I honestly wanted to see your reply."

I licked my lips. This was not going how I expected it to.

"And I came here to see that Alpha Eric, who claims to be your mate," he said standing."Looks like I had missed him."

What was with Aries?

And Lyra, he said in my mind and I nearly freaked out. Don't worry.

How can I not-

If it eases your mind, he continued as though he did not hear me. I liked that claim you laid on me. Quite refreshing to see someone with guts to do it. Even stars are afraid of claiming me. It was cute.

I gaped at his retreating figure. I was sure he had a freaking smirk on his face.

Don't fret, he said, before disappearing among the crowd. Yet, my eyes managed to locate him. I liked it. And did I not say that being your personal therapist came at a high price? This is it. Though I must admit, I never expected this to happen or you to... say those words.

I had not realised I was breathing heavily until Ant gave a pat on my back.

That cheeky-

What did I say, Lyra? Ant was smirking. Did I not say that male is into you?

Antlia!

That's my name, don't wear it out, Ant said, biting her lips. See? I had once seen a female in my court trying to touch him and she just brushed his arms. Just for that, he made her life miserable. Now he was even smiling when you laid that claim.

I did not claim him! I screamed. I lost my mind.

She laughed. Sure you did. And about you smelling his scent? I am pretty sure he is allowing you that. After all these years I knew him, I don't know his scent. He keeps it well hidden. A star's scent is their weakness and Aries is someone who makes sure his weakness is well protected. He is allowing you to sniff him, and that by itself says a lot.

It does not!

Whatever makes you sleep at night.

********

It was not a great evening. While Rhaze gave me pitying glances all the time, Kaina decided to join Ant and gave me suggestive looks. Varian and Aislynn gave me a mix of proud and confused looks.

The second we had come back from Sundyre complex, Nash began narrating everything to his parents, my sister and Kaina.

When he spoke about Mina, everyone was happy. Aislynn claimed she wanted to come with us the next time we met Mina. And when the name Aspen came up, Miguel coughed and narrated. Kaina and Ant became one team from there.

Lastly, all the three gushed over what I had said to Andrew and their mixed responses killed me. Not to mention, Rhaze had said that Aries was in his room taking rest. In the room, he had given me. The room where he could hear all the conversation.

I groaned and switched on the huge screen before me, ignoring my pack members. They were having a blast and I choose 'The Hunger Games' and watched it. Rhaze tried to ask me if I wanted anything and I ignored her. After a while, everyone left me in peace.

Rue died and this was a scene that usually got me. But now, I could not concentrate on the movie that was playing. I was lost in my thoughts.

The movie ended and I switched off the screen to realise that Miguel and Aries were out on the beach talking about something while others were playing a game of truth or dare.

I gulped and made my way towards them.

Kaina gave me a smile. "I am sorry if I went too far."

I shrugged. "No problem."

And just like that, that morning incident was forgotten and I enjoyed the game. Mainly because the beer bottle did not point at me and because it always pointed at Kaina and Rhaze, as if it was jinxed.

While I was laughing at Nash who was eating a bowl of noodle cooked by Rhaze from a dare given by Ant, the bottle pointed towards me.

I gulped and saw who was going to ask me the question.

Aislynn smirked. "Truth or dare, Lyra?"

From that smug smile on her face, I knew the dare would involve a certain male with silver eyes who was chilling out. The truth was better.

"Truth," I said and her face fell a little.

"Truth?" Ant's eyes gleamed.

And I regretted my choice. Could I change it to dare?

I nodded.

"What is on your mind?" she asked.

I blinked. What was on my mind? Many things. Too many things. But I knew what she wanted to hear and by the Moon, that was on my mind alright.

"Aspen Ruiz," I blurted out.

Aislynn who was drinking water spat it out. Varian looked like he had been slapped and Ant's face fell.

"Do you... by any chance swing the other side?" Rhaze asked slowly.

I shook my head. "Nope."

"Then?" Nash pressed.

I sighed. What she had said was on my mind. I was not lying.

"What she told me," I said.

"And what did that Alpha tell you?" Ant asked.

I licked my lips. "She did not mean it. Just was curious."

"Now I am curious," Aislynn said.

"She said how I could be so... riled up when I had not even shifted," I said.

That made a silence as old as cosmos roll over us. This had always been a delicate topic. An Alpha who had not shifted.

"Lyra-" Varian began.

"What if I never shift?" I whispered.

Aislynn groaned. "You will. I have faith."

"I don't," I said.

Rhaze sighed. "Everyone has their own time. You can't force someone. We are not forcing you now, are we? Take your time, Lyra. Its been less than two months since you nearly died and Cathara giving her essence to dave you. You want to throw it away?"

I shook my head and closed my eyes. "But I still have to shift. As an Alpha, I have to."

"Look," Aislynn said softly. "I shifted after fifty years. Shifters... our time is erratic just as Vampire or Magyc."

Kaina nodded. "My sister Zarola got her magic only when she was forty-five. And she is being trained as the Zayin of our tribe. Each one has their own time. Don't try to fit yours with someone else."

I shook my head. They did offer me their support but at times, I needed someone to say just shift and be done with. I needed someone hot-headed enough to beat these thoughts out of me.

I needed to meet Aspen soon.

As they began to offer their soft words, a fire lit inside me. My skin was burning and it just wanted to rip my that layer of the dermis. I scratched myself and the pain did not ease the heat.

I shredded my top and tore my jeans as I fell on the floor. While the others did step forward to help me, they could not touch me. They hissed and recoiled their hands. It was Ant who could touch me without getting burnt.

"Get up!" she commanded and as much as I could ignore her command, I held on to it and pushed myself up.

Gasping, I ran to the beach and the cold winds offered little comfort. I was in my inner wears and I wanted to get rid of them too. This was not Heat. This was far from it. This was killing me from inside. Had it been Heat, I would have wanted to jump someone, but I just wanted to kill everyone.

When I collapsed on the beach, Aries and Miguel came closer. I gasped as the waves crashed into me. This was not soothing the pain, the ache.

Miguel tried to hold me, but I shook him off. Aries lifted me from the waters, much to my protests and gently laid me on the white sand.

I gasped and took heavy breaths. 

"What is happening?" Miguel asked Aries with concern.

"She is... shifting," Aries said, taking a few steps away from me.

At his actions, all my pack members stepped back.

I was shifting? Then why was it so painful? Why was I burning?

Then I could feel a change in me. I raised my hands to see my skin being replaced with scales under the moonlight. Beautiful shade it was. It so dark that I simply knew it was not black but had a tough time deciding between the darkest shade of blue and red.

The scales sped up my arms and it covered my neck and chest.

I was choking. Would this Shift ever end? Or was it painful because I was an Alpha?

And just as the Shift came, it left. The scales vanished, leaving me with my skin. Human skin. As much as I was thankful for the pain to leave me, I was disappointed. I wanted to Shift and it stopped midway.

At least I knew I could shift.

Aislynn dropped to her knees. "By the Moon!"

Before anyone could respond to anything, Aries unbuttoned his black shirt and gave it to me. I gave him a confused glare. My shift was stopped midway and he was worried about my modesty?

Nevertheless, I took his shirt and wore it as I sat up. His scent nearly made me moan. I curled my toes in the sand as I greedily took in huge gulps of breath.

He gently laid his hands over my shoulder and helped me to my feet.

I closed my eyes. "Why did I not shift fully?"

"You still need to heal," he said. "When you are ready, Amaris will grant you the second skin."

"When will I ever be?" I asked.

"You will know when you are ready," Aries said.

I looked around to see my pack members look me with reverence.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Your first shift might be a snake," Aislynn said, her eyes brimming with tears.

I smiled. She was like a proud mother.

"What is so great about snakes?" Rhaze asked.

"Snakes are one among the few creatures whom Moon favoured," Varian said. "I will not be surprised if she shifts to a snake. After all, the first shifter in ages could be a snake."

Snake? I frowned. I expected something else. Something mammal.

"Don't," Miguel said, bumping my shoulders with his. "Don't expect anything. Your shift speaks about your soul. Don't judge your second skin, it is like judging your soul."

I nodded and I gently released myself from Aries' embrace. This action did not go unnoticed by Ant and Kaina who gave me suggestive smirks. These females! They were enough to drive me crazy.

I was about to take a step away from Aries when I felt the heat like no other behind me.

Did Miguel want to show his powers?

Annoyed, I turned to give him an earful, but I merely gaped at the sight before me.

The heat was not from Miguel's fire. But it was from Alioth's brother, Mizar's plasma.

I blinked at the star. While Miguel's and Rhaze's eyes cleared at the recognition, everyone took a defensive stance. Even Aries who pushed me behind him.

I rolled my eyes.

"Mizar," Aries called. "What brings you here?"

When he addressed the newcomer, my pack members relaxed a little.

"Information," he said, his grey eyes shimmering, letting us know the plasma that was flowing in his veins.

"About?" Aries asked.

"Luna," Mizar said focusing his gaze on the star who was protecting me. "That's why you Twelve are here for a thousand years, right? You are searching for Luna."

Ant gasped behind me. Winds roared to life, picking up the coolness the oceans had to offer. Moon shined gracefully as always. Had it not been for all of standing out, talking to Mizar, this might be a normal night in the season of rain.

Aries nodded lightly.

"Shifters were not simply cursed my Amaris," Mizar said, momentarily looking at me and Miguel. "One Shifter, Elijah Roy made a pact with a star, Rionach."

"And Rionach is?" Aries asked.

"Someone who wanted to bring Luna down." Mizar looked around and then his gaze landed on Aries again. "She with Elijah locked Luna somewhere and it is because of Elijah that Amaris cursed the Shifters. Once, Luna is freed, the curse might end."

"Luna is caught and she is suffering somewhere?" Ant asked.

Mizar nodded. "And only when she is freed, the curse shall be lifted. The three sisters are watching over everything."

"Should a Shifter free her or... anyone can?" I asked, coming before Aries who growled lowly.

"It does not matter who," Mizar said. "But if a Shifter was to release her, Amaris might be pleased more."

Rhaze gulped. "You came down to say this?"

Mizar lowered his head. "I heard about Rionach only now. She is a very powerful star. She has her name engraved in the Stone of Origins."

Aries took a deep breath and it was then I knew it was a great deal.

"About Elijah?" I asked.

Mizar's eyes looked broken. "He is still alive. He even has a daughter with Rionach. It is the will of his soul that is concealing Luna."

"Is a Shifter that powerful?" Miguel mused.

"He mated with a star," Mizar said. "And not a normal star. She is someone who was born to Origins. A very powerful star. When they mated, even if they aren't bound, he must have received a sliver of her power. And that might qualify him as a star."

"His daughter?" Rhaze asked. "What about her?"

"If she had taken after her father, she might not be much of a threat with the Twelve by your side. But if she had taken after her mother," Mizar said. "She might be one of the deadliest creatures to walk over Earth."

I licked my lips. My urge to shift was the last thing in my mind. We had to find Luna to end this curse.

"Is ending the curse that important?" Nash asked in a small voice. "I am a werewolf and I am doing fine."

Aries was the one who answered this time. "While it may appear to be alright now, in the long run, the Vampires and Magycs would have killed each other and werewolves will have no place. This continent would sink and every creature here would die no matter where they are in the universe. That's the curse of Amaris."

Miguel then frowned. "Why do I feel like that this is not all that you came here to tell?"

Mizar looked away. "My Soul-Bonded's name is Kendra."

I was pretty sure we all looked confused. Even Aries was confused for a second before his eyes widened. "Don't tell me-"

"Before she became my Soul-Bonded, she went by another name," Mizar continued.

The winds became harsher and the waves crashed louder on the beach. It was like they were trying to stop whatever Mizar was about to tell. Even the song of the night creatures became louder and the sands shifted with a sound.

"Her name had been Kenna Fasha," Mizar said, looking into Miguel's frozen eyes. "Your mate."

A/N: I know. Aries came.

But... how was the chapter? Did anyone expect it?

Any thoughts about Andrew?

Next might be a bonus chapter from Mizar's Pov and another Bonus chapter from Aspen's Pov telling her story.

Actually, before this, I wanted to write Aspen's story, but I had to control myself to write this chapter.

So comment below if you want to read Aspen's story!

Until next update,

~Quill

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 90K 31
[Completed] Every Wolf Moon, humans are selected from each village to be sacrificed to the werewolves; creatures worshipped by humans as godlike figu...
2.1M 59.8K 36
MATE TRILOGY #1 | Being an orphan at the mere age of sixteen, Lyra Dane, with no place in the pack is faced with an ultimatum; to go Rogue or marry A...
112K 4.3K 21
Lyla is an outgoing, friendly girl that gets along with just about everyone she meets. So why is it when her life is in shambles and she needs someon...
217K 10.5K 111
"The Moon makes you a half... and then you find your mate. And together, the two of you, make a full" ***** It didn't start with a rejection. ...