Obscura Fabula (Dark Shorts)

By rosaimee

Dark, creepy and disturbing short stories. Some of them true. More

Sophie and The Reaper
Space Mission
The Baker and The Maid
Thy Sweet Blood
The Art Work
A Demon on My Bed
How Hell is Paved
Anger Is a Brief Madness
Monologue of a Child's Ghost
Lady in the Shadows
A Vampire in Staré Mêstro
A Witch's Tale
Wake Up Call
Ghosts Go Green
Midnight Mirrors
Machete
Ghosts and Steps
Beep Beep
Wine Ghosts and a Terrace
Colonel Ghost
Let the Choir Sing
Elves on My Bed
Wake up Sisters!
Forlorn Drums
Never More
Tri-Col-Trí Jalouín
A Rose and a Gravestone
Running Lady
Cesalora #100WordScream
Death Day Pass
Blood and Honor
In A Campsite Like This #Campfireghosts #frightfest2016
Vignettes in the Life of a Witch Girl
Le Dame du Cimetière
Dzunukwa
Repentant
Last Blessing
A Zombie's Last Journey
The Seamstress
Stranded Astronauts
Behind You
Sahmain
The Mask of Love and Death

Feeding on Moonlight

31 10 9
By rosaimee

Feeding on Moonlight

Tonight I hibernate. Not a glimpse of a silvery beam of moonlight until tomorrow, meanwhile I'll cast myself to the shadows. Last day before crescent it's always the worst, the longest. Not only dark, but cold, so cold that it numbs my fingertips and toes. To the flickering feeble flame of the fire pit, my eyes finally shut. Weariness. The crackling sound of the embers slowly fades, joining the murmur of the spring, brushing the rocks inside the cave to hum a lullaby to my fatigued existence.

Soon dawn will break,  but that's not the light I wish to see, the one I need. Vampires, never fond of sunlight, prefer lurking in the shadows, but not me. While in complete darkness my relatives feast, I sleep. I feed on moonlight. Some call it a birth defect, a genetic disorder only one in a thousand suffer. Others think of me more like a werewolf. I thank God, Satan or nature hair doesn't grow on my skin and it's plainly evolution, a mutation that offers me an alternate diet, another way of living. A parasite nonetheless, a monster that always kill. Even though blood streams through my veins cold and thick, it's not on blood I rely to live. That makes me even more dangerous... I murder for pleasure and the moon fuels me.

I think and think until my last thought scampers away with the morning star. A few more hours to
lay down. Today I hibernate.

My skin tingles to the gentle touch of the night. Through a crack on the stony wall, the first ray of light, glittery, whitish light squeezes through, dimly illuminating the interior of the grotto. Dust swirls ascend from the moistened floor. A smile curves on my thin lips while I saunter my way towards the cave's opening where the brightness seduces me out.

Moon-bathing my nakedness, I stand by the creek, feeling once more replenished. Splashing in the shallow water, I open my arms wide, as if to embrace the light that engulfs me. It is just for me to feel, to taste, even to smell, crescent moon beams. It arouses all senses in me and it fills me in.

In the distance, cracking laughters, human laughter brings me back to reality. To the sniff, the breeze carries with it the smell of smoke. But nothing as sweet as the smell of flesh and blood. I lick my lips. A pair of elongated, sharp fangs, show to the enticing scent. The moon light fuels me, yes, but it's killing what keeps me alive. Tonight I hunt.

#PromptDayMonday

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 29.2K 88
You'll get a variety of short horror stories here. I'm not a writer so I have collected these stories from different sources. I hope you won't mind u...
99 8 23
Stories to read at night that will give you goosebumbs and stir your fears from deep within. Some stories are under the short storie catagory and oth...
417 61 42
Cuddle up with your favorite pillow for The Odd Family's Book of Bedtime Stories. These short stories aren't like your normal bedtime stories- or may...
379 47 10
Not like anyone's gonna read this, but for the very few who do, keep reading😂. A collection of 10 short horror stories to read when you're bored. "F...