undertow | bellamy blake (boo...

By ket718

Octavia Blake is not the only delinquent whose crime was from simply being alive. Jovie Murphy lived her enti... More

introduction
prologue
1 | expendable
2 | a bunch of idiots
3 | swim time
4 | not alone
5 | ray of sunshine
6 | more human
7 | facade
8 | mercy
9 | mob mentality
10 | never do
11 | we need you
12 | don't do anything stupid
13 | have a little hope
14 | i'm a murphy
15 | all he has
16 | losing him
17 | no different
18 | to live
19 | powerful
20 | you are the darkness
21 | another end
22 | promise me
23 | natstrecha
24 | fighting
25 | heart of gold
26 | get through this
28 | catch a break
29 | learn not to fear
30 | won't let you die
31 | for me
32 | something good
33 | if you stay
34 | pain in the ass
35 | ring of fire
graphics
book two
bellamy & jovie

27 | family

6.2K 137 18
By ket718

When Jovie stormed into her tent, she saw Octavia was already in there. Octavia glanced back to see Jovie had a conflicted look on her face.

"Sometimes your brother really pisses me off," she said dully. Octavia let out a short laugh.

"Join the club," she said. Jovie understood why Bellamy hated her brother, but if it was Octavia in this situation he wouldn't be so quick to leave her for dead.

"What's that?" Jovie asked, looking over to see Octavia had an old journal in her hand.

"It's Lincoln's," Octavia told her. Jovie then remembered having seen it when they tortured him. Octavia flipped through the pages, pausing when she landed on a page with a drawing of her. She ran her fingers across the page.

"Who knew you'd end up with a Grounder," Jovie teased.

"Who knew you'd end up with my brother," Octavia shot back with a smile. Jovie groaned and hid her face in her hands. Octavia laughed. "Don't worry, I'm actually rooting for you guys. You're good for each other."

Jovie's head suddenly started pounding when she took her hands off her face and she wobbled back a bit when black dots filled her vision.

"Jo, you okay?" Octavia asked, reaching over to steady her friend. It was when blood started streaming from Jovie's eyes that Octavia knew something was really wrong. "Bellamy!" She screamed. Just as Bellamy rushed into the tent, which didn't take long at all so he must have already been on his way, Jovie collapsed to the ground.

"Jovie," he said, leaning down to check her breathing. Her heart was racing and she had sweat covering her skin. She was the first one to find Murphy and now she was sick. Bellamy knew he wasn't supposed to touch her because Clarke said the disease spread through contact, but he had to get her into the dropship where Clarke could help her. Jovie was barely awake as she felt Bellamy lift her in his arms. "Come on, Sunshine, stay awake." Her head rolled until it was pressed up against his chest as she struggled to stay awake.

"What's going on?" Octavia asked desperately as she followed her brother out as he carried Jovie to the dropship.

"Did you touch Murphy yesterday?"

"I don't know. I guess so. Why?" She asked.

"The Grounders sent him here with a virus to infect us. Derek just died from it, another mark for your boyfriend's book," he said. He looked down at the blonde in his arms, frowning deeply. He didn't even want to think of the possibility of Jovie dying from it. He didn't think he could handle that. No, he knew he couldn't handle that. "Clarke needs to examine you."

"She needs to look at Jovie first," Octavia said. For once, Bellamy didn't disagree. As of right now Octavia wasn't showing any symptoms, but Jovie was.

"Clarke, it's Jovie," Bellamy said as he walked into the dropship. Clarke immediately rushed over to examine Jovie.

"You shouldn't be touching her," Clarke said. "You're going to get sick."

"I wasn't going to just leave her," he argued as he set her gently onto the ground where they had set up areas for the infected.

"Go disinfect your hands," Clarke said. Just as Bellamy went to walk away, Jovie leaned over and threw up blood, coughing and gasping for air as she did. He immediately turned around to help her, but Clarke stopped him. "Bellamy, you're not going to be able to help her if you're sick too." He looked defeated as he watched Jovie slumped on the ground, covered in her own blood. "I'll take care of her, don't worry." He reluctantly nodded his head, taking a step back so Clarke could have some space. She was more useful to Jovie than he was anyway. "Octavia, I need to examine you." Octavia stepped forward so Clarke could do what she had to, but Octavia was still worried about her best friend that was laying on the ground below her.

Jovie struggled to open her eyes, trying to look up at Bellamy. All she wanted to do was tell him it would be okay, but she couldn't find the strength to even get the words out. She didn't even have the strength to stay awake because seconds later she was passed out.

Jovie didn't know how long she had been out for before she slowly woke up again. She felt a lot better than she had but she was still sore. It was the feeling of a damp cloth being dabbed against her forehead that made her look up. She saw her brother sitting there next to her, looking much better than he did when she first came in. It gave her hope. She tried to sit up but he quickly stopped her.

"Hey, slow down," he said. "You're getting better, but you still need to rest." Jovie looked around to see some of the ones that were infected were now up and out while new ones had taken their places.

"Where is he?" Jovie asked. Murphy didn't need to ask who she was referring to. He already knew. He hadn't been in camp to see how close the two had gotten since he had left, but he had seen the way Bellamy looked when he carried Jovie in earlier. He looked scared and powerless.

"Last time I heard, he was still okay," he replied. Jovie nodded, relaxing back a bit. When she heard commotion near the entrance, she looked over to see two of the delinquents bringing in the very same boy that the siblings had just been talking about. Octavia rushed over when she saw that her brother was the next victim of this disease. Jovie's body felt stiff as she tried to move. She needed to be there for him, but she was still aching. "Jovie, you're still-"

"Help me up, John," she demanded. He sighed as he leaned down to help up his sister. He knew that if he didn't she would just try to do it on her own anyway. He wrapped an arm around her waist as they slowly moved over to where Octavia was helping Bellamy.

"Just get some rest now, okay?" Octavia was saying as Murphy and Jovie finally got over there. Jovie walked out of her brother's grip as she hovered over Bellamy. He looked up at her with a pained look in his eyes.

"You're okay. I'm here," she said quietly as she pushed his hair back out of his face that was red and glistening with sweat. Octavia and Murphy took that as their cue to leave, figuring Jovie was fine enough now to take care of Bellamy. She grabbed the cloth that Octavia had been using and took over wiping the blood from his face.

"I thought I was going to lose you," he breathed out, clearly having taken a lot of energy to do so.

"Shh, relax," she said. He closed his eyes as she continued to dab the cloth against his forehead. "Sorry to break it to you, but you can't get rid of me that easily." A pained laugh came out of his mouth before he leaned over and threw up blood again.

Jovie refused to leave Bellamy's side as he slept, even when people had volunteered to take over. She didn't want him to wake up without her there, so she would stay as long as it took for him to wake up. When she saw him slowly starting to sit up, she reached over and helped him.

"Welcome back," she said. She went to reach for water when she saw that her brother was already handing it over to Bellamy.

"Here," he said. Instead of taking the water from Murphy, Bellamy knocked it out of his hands.

"Get the hell away from me," Bellamy said.

"Bell," Jovie said disapprovingly. She hated the fact that Bellamy and Murphy were like this. They were both so important to her and she felt stuck.

"Bellamy, you're sick, okay? I'm just trying to help. Here," Murphy said as he tried to hand him water again.

"When I get better, if you're still here-"

"J, I got him," Jovie said, stopping Bellamy from finishing his threat. "Thanks." Her brother nodded, sending them one last look before walking off. Jovie sighed and looked over at Bellamy. "Can't you at least pretend to tolerate him? For my sake? He's the only family I have left."

"You have a new family," he said.

"You know what I mean," she said. John was her twin, her family by blood. Whatever he did or didn't do would never change that.

"Where's Octavia?" He asked, the idea of family suddenly reminding him of his own.

"She's taking a break. She was up all night helping people," she said.

"Have you taken a break?" He asked. He had a feeling he already knew the answer to that but asked anyway. Jovie shook her head, confirming his suspicion. "You should rest."

"I'll rest when I know you're okay."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

blue By stormborn

Fanfiction

312K 7.8K 28
she could never be a saint, but she thought she could be a martyr if they killed her quick the hundred ...
1.5M 50.4K 66
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
813K 32K 43
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
2M 107K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...