My Brothers

By gracegxlee

Evanna, who just woke up from her suicide attempt caused by the continuous abuse and bullying she went throug... More

Here We Go Again!
Chapter 1: It's Hard To Trust Others
Chapter 2: The Truth Becomes Revealed
Chapter 3: Awkward Family Breakfast
Chapter 4: Welcome Back To Hell
Chapter 5: Jayden And Cathryn
Chapter 6: A Stupid Family Reunion
Chapter 7: I Actually Did It
Chapter 8: Valentine's Day
Chapter 9: I'm Okay
Chapter 10: My Old Friend's Back
Chapter 11: My Mom
Chapter 12: Binge Eating Episode
Chapter 13: School Test Results
Chapter 14: Crime
Chapter 15: Getting Lost
Chapter 16: Party and Sneaking Out
Chapter 17: Sibling Arguments
Chapter 18: Broken, Broken, and Even More Broken
Chapter 19: The Chaotic Mess In My Life
Chapter 20: After School Accidents
Chapter 21: Swimming? For the Third Time...
Chapter 22: My Stupid Therapy Session
Chapter 23: April Fools Day
Chapter 25: Hair Surpise
Chapter 26: First Day In School
Chapter 27: My First Friend
Chapter 28: Mia's Story
Chapter 29: Mia's Family, Alex's Date
Chapter 30: Another Friend, But It's A Guy
Chapter 31: Why Do I Have That Drawing?
Chapter 32: Lies And Trouble
Chapter 33: Getting Caught
Chapter 34: Taking Our First Test
Chapter 35: Misunderstandings
Chapter 36: The Whole Squad Back Together. And Split Up Again
Chapter 37: Graduation
Chapter 38: Separated
Chapter 39: Andrew's Gone
Chapter 40: The Truth Part 1
Chapter 41: The Truth Part 2
Chapter 42: Daniel's Birthday
Chapter 43: Times Square Part 1
Chapter 44: Times Square Part 2
Chapter 45: NYC Accidents
Chapter 46: Fighting With Andrew
Chapter 47: Family Argument
Chapter 48: Brandon Throws A Party
Chapter 49: Trust Broken Twice Along With A Broken Heart
Chapter 50: Something's Wrong
Chapter 51: The Bridge
Chapter 52: Two Decisions
Chapter 53: The Big Fight
Chapter 54: Playing In Rain
Chapter 55: Are They A Stalker?
Chapter 56: Going Back To The Accident
Chapter 57: Homecoming Proposal
Chapter 58: Drama With Andrew
Chapter 59: Family Struggles
Chapter 60: Homecoming Night
Chapter 61: Mia's Goodbye
please read :)
Chapter 62: Finally Back.
Chapter 63: Jayden's Girlfriend
Chapter 64: Alex's Wallet
Chapter 65: Three Against Six
Chapter 66: Bottling It Up

Chapter 24: Last Day Of School

29.6K 1K 2.3K
By gracegxlee

E V A N N A

I walked to my gym locker, opening it carefully. I saw Cathryn and Claire walk past me to their lockers, whispering and laughing about something.

I quickly changed into my gym clothes and waited until we could go to the gymnasium. As soon as I heard the teacher say we could leave, I rushed out and went to class.

"Guess what we're doing?" Our gym teacher exclaimed. "Dodgeball! Split up into teams. We're joining with Mr. Mac's team.

We got split up and lucky enough, I had someone I knew on my team. Dylan was good at dodgeball and I was happy he was on my team. Owen, Cathryn, and Claire were on the same team and Owen looked miserable because he had to deal with their stupidity.

The coach blew the whistle. "Go!"

Dylan ran up to get the ball and he immediately got someone out, dodging the balls other kids threw.

Personally, I didn't want to be hit or throw. But I had to do something, so I tried catching the ones others threw.

I caught about two and both of our teams were cut down a lot already. It was around twenty kids against twenty, but it was down to less than 10 in 5 minutes.

These kids suck at dodgeball.

Dylan passed a ball to me. "Hit one of the bitches. They deserve it."

And I aimed at Owen. But it didn't do much because he dodged it.

"Not that stupid bitch," Dylan said, passing another one. "The other stupid bitch."

I laughed and threw it at Claire. It hit her stomach and she shot me a death glare which wasn't even scary compared to my brothers.

"Bitch," she mouthed to me as she walked off the court.

I shot her a smile before hitting some other kid with a ball.

I didn't know how I wasn't hit yet, and I realized Dylan was carrying almost the whole team. He caught a lot of them and got a lot of people out.

The other team had 5 kids left, we had 3. Me, Dylan, and this other girl.

On that team was Cathryn, Owen, two girls, and one boy.

The last minutes were intense because everyone was throwing balls at each other. It ended up being Me and Dylan left on our team, and Owen and Cathryn on the other.

Stupid two and twos. It was really awkward because people were watching and staring.

"This seems familiar," Owen said to me, laughing. "Playing dodgeball with each other."

"I'm pretty sure I beat you in dodgeball," I smiled, throwing a ball at him which he dodged.

"That was luck, idiot," he said, throwing one at me.

I was about to be hit when Dylan pushed me aside, the ball going past both of us.

"Can't even dodge a ball?" Dylan said jokingly.

"Give me one," I told him. "I'm gonna hit her head. Knock some sense into her."

"Want me to do it?" Dylan asked.

I grinned. "Yeah. As hard as you can, please."

So both of threw a ball, Dylan hitting Cathryn straight in the chest and it looked painful. She doubled over like the drama queen she is and slowly walked off, acting like someone stabbed her.

Immediately, I threw one surprising Owen.

And guess what?

Our whole team cheered as I hit Owen's legs and he stared at me. "That was luck."

"Yeah right," I told him.

Dylan came over to us. "That was the most interesting dodgeball game I've ever played."

"Oh, look at that," Owen muttered to us. "Behind you."

I turned around and saw a group of girls huddled around a crying Cathryn.

Oh, you've got to be kidding me.

Even the coach looked annoyed with Cathryn as he tried to make her stop crying. "It's okay, it's okay. Don't cry, so you want to go to the nurse?"

Cathryn looked up with her red eyes and pointed at me. "She threw it. It hurt and she doesn't even care."

I couldn't help but stare at her in disbelief.

"It's just a game, Cathryn. We can't do anything about it," The coach sighed.

Cathryn looked pissed. "But— But,"

"Oh would you look at that, the bell rang," The coach said.

Cathryn glared at him, wiping her fake tears. "It didn't."

"You know what?" The coach said. "The bell doesn't dismiss you, I do. And I say class dismissed. Everybody out!"

I shot a smile to Cathryn before walking out the gymnasium. Before they could come I quickly changed back into my clothes in the locker room and stuffed my gym clothes in a bag.

Cathryn and Claire both walked in with their other friends, all surrounding Cathryn and asking if she was okay.

"This is all your fault, bitch," a girl spat.

I rolled my eyes and as soon as the bell rang, I literally flew out of there. I walked out as fast as I could and made my way to English class.

But I felt an arm around me and when I looked to my right it was Owen, smirking. "You know, you're really short."

"Don't touch me," I hissed, slapping his arm away. "Who said you and I were friends?"

He frowned. "Why wouldn't you wanna be friends with me? I'm literally so cool—"

My mouth practically dropped open. "You're literally the stupidest person I know. You ruined my life, you know."

"But you forgave Dylan and Jayden and the other losers. Why not me?"

"Ever heard of apologizing and meaning it, dickhead?" I accidentally blurted.

"Woah, language," he said dramatically. "And I thought I did apologize."

"Piss off, Owen."

"We go to the same class."

I rolled my eyes. "What do you want?"

"I mean, we're cousins now, we'll be seeing each other a lot more often. Why can't we just forget about it?"

"You're asking me to forget the years you bullied me and made me miserable?"

"Basically, Yeah."

I really didn't think a person this heartless and dumb existed. Annoyed, I started walking back to class quickly and sat down in my seat.

Our substitute teacher came in. "I'm Mrs. Boothe, everyone. I'll be your teacher for the rest of the school year because your other teacher retired."

So no, not a substitute teacher.

"Everyone take out the book you've been reading in class. Let's review some stuff together."

————

After science, math came around. I sat down next to Lia and waited for the teacher.

"This is your last day, huh?" Lia smiled. "I'll miss you."

I smiled back. I turned around when I heard Dylan mutter something under his breath.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing," He said, not looking up at me.

"Aw, he'll miss you, that's why," Lia cooed. "That's so cute!"

Dylan rolled his eyes. "Do you ever shut up?"

"Dylan," I said. "Don't be mean."

He just sighed and looked down at the desk again. "Sorry, mom."

"What's wrong?" I asked quietly. "Are you okay?"

"I'm not okay," Dylan said, looking up sadly. "I'm really not okay."

Concern took over me. "What happened? What's wrong?"

"I got partnered with Owen for my science project," he whined, burying his face in his hands.

For a moment I stared at him and bursted into laughter. "Oh, that's why you're upset?"

He looked up and said quietly, "Do you know how stupid that kid is? We have to make a color bomb. He'll probably make a bomb and throw it at me."

"Aw, poor you," I said. "I'm glad I'm leaving."

Dylan offered me a cocky smile. "Well, don't worry. Owen's staying at your house on Wednesday and that's the only day we can work on it this week. So we'll be there with you. And you and Jayden are helping."

"What? I'm not even going to be in the same school," I said. "Why do I have to help?"

"Because I said so," Dylan threw a small piece of rolled up paper at me. "Loser."

I threw the paper back. "Whatever, stupid."

"You're really annoying, you know that?" He muttered.

I raised my eyebrows. "What did I ever do to you? I think you're just an asshole. You're acting like Brandon."

"You know," I continued. "You're a lot like him. Both of you are so cocky—"

"We've been through this before," Dylan groaned. "And yes, maybe I am like him. Who cares?"

"What's with all this 'bad boy' thing?" I asked myself, cringing slightly. "It's not like it's a Wattpad fan fiction or whatever, but do these 'bad boys' actually exist?"

I couldn't stop cringing at that word. It just seemed... weird.

"My brother goes to GT and he says there are some people like that, actually. And I heard your brothers are all trying out for the test next month, is it? If they get in, the school's probably doomed," Dylan said.

"I've never been to their high school," I thought out loud. "I wonder what it's like. Tell me."

"Okay, so it's kind of true," Dylan said. "Your brothers are part of the 'popular' kids. Andrew and Alex are probably the most popular as the juniors, but only because Brandon, who's in senior is the 'bad' type. Basically, people are terrified of him because—"

"How do you know this stuff?"

"I've went to their school for a stupid field trip. It was a mess. After they saw me and Jayden, they were bothering us and embarrassing us in front of everyone."

"Anyways," he started again. "No one dares to go bother him or anything. But Andrew and Alex are the popular 'popular' kids, and so is Daniel. Your brothers are really smart so no doubt they won't get in."

I sighed. "I want to go home."

"Who doesn't?"

After math was lunch, and I was sitting alone at my table because Dylan and Owen were talking to a teacher and the other guys were sitting at a separate table. Matthew wasn't here either and I was lonely.

All of a sudden, something in me told me there was something wrong. Some people were staring at me, like they were waiting for something. Some had their phones out as if they were going to record something—

And that's when I felt a cold fluid being poured onto my head. A strong smell of paint flooded the area as white paint dropped from my head to the ground.

I wanted to cry right there. I wanted to run off because of how embarrassed I was. I wanted to get out. I felt in the tears as I stood up, staring at Cathryn and Claire who dropped the bucket at my feet, smiling.

"Sorry, my hand must have slipped," Claire said innocently.

"We couldn't let you leave without a present," Cathryn smirked. "Hope you like it."

Laughter exploded around us.

I clenched my jaw and grabbed the bucket off the floor and threw it at Claire's head.

Oops.

"Sorry," I mocked. "My hand must have slipped."

And the laughter quieted down.

Even though I was embarrassed because I was still covered in paint but who gives a shit? It's my last day here.

"You're right," I said. "Since I'm leaving, I can't leave you guys without a present either."

I walked up to both of them and gave them a hug, making sure I wouldn't be the only one covered in paint.

They literally screamed and pushed me away, staring at their white stained clothes. I shot them a smile and walked out, feeling like I had made a huge accomplishment.

"E-Evanna—w-what the—" Dylan stammered when he saw me. "Is that paint?"

I walked to the bathroom as Dylan trailed behind me.

"Did they pour paint on you?"

"Obviously," I muttered.

"Hey—" Owen said, freezing when he saw me. He rushed over to me. "Is that paint?"

I rolled my eyes. "Yes, Owen. Yes it is."

I needed to find my phone. I wanted to leave right now.

"I'm gonna call my brothers," I said, walking up to my locker. I opened it and was met with a surprise.c

Inside my locker was decorated with small pieces of confetti and streamers, with pretty wallpaper on the back. There were sticky notes taped to my locker.

'I'll miss you a lot! You were a great math partner! :) — Lia'

'Sorry I couldn't be here for you last day. It'll be sad to go to school and not see you anymore. Just wait a little bit until high school. I'll be there with you. — Matthew'

'I was forced to do this. But it'll be weird without you. Go to the new school and start your life again. This time, I won't bother you. — The best, Owen.'

'We don't know each other that well, but you're in my elective class. You seem like a cool person. Have fun at your new school! — Nicholas.'

'We have multiple classes together, and I wanted to talk to you but I was too scared. Sorry... But I hope you have a good time at your new school. I think you're really pretty, by the way. <3 — Mackenzie'

'Have fun at your new school, loser. It'll be sad to see you not here because we started becoming friends, but I'll be there later. Thanks for giving me another chance. Loser. — Dylan'

'I wish I could be there for you right now. I don't want you to go to a new school by yourself, but you deserve it. Sorry for making your life at this school hard for you at first. I hope a brand new start will be better for you. I love you. A lot. —From your twin, JJ.'

"Matthew and Jayden texted us what they wanted to say. So we wrote them down and—" Dylan stopped. "Are you crying?"

I wiped my tears which probably caused paint to smear all over my face but I thought this was the sweetest thing anyone has done for me.

Even Owen wrote me one. "I was forced to," Owen reminded. "But, Whatever, you know..."

And without thinking, I gave both of them a hug, the same intention of getting paint on them but not because I didn't like them, but I was thankful. This was why Dylan took my locker combination....

"Dude!" Dylan exclaimed, shoving me away. So did Owen, and I laughed, seeing white paint smeared on their shirts.

"You know what?" Owen said, looking at his shirt. "The note I wrote for you, April Fools. I take it back now."

I sighed, smiling. "It's sad that I leave when my life starts getting better a little."

Dylan grabbed my backpack from my locker and shoved it to me. "Hurry up, lunch is almost over. Call your brother."

I grabbed my phone and dialed Ethan's number. I waited until he picked up.

"Hey, princess. What's up?"

"Can you come... pick me up from school?" I asked.

"Why? It's your last day. You don't want to spend the whole day?"

"I kind of... got into an accident..?" I trailed off. "It's... well..."

"What happened? Are you hurt? Did someone hurt you? Are you okay? What accident?" He started asking me all these questions. "I'm at work right now. Do you want me to come?"

I hesitated. If I tell my brothers, surely they'll get mad at Cathryn and Claire, and the other bystanders who didn't do anything. I didn't want to create so much of a scene...

"I'll tell you when you pick me up. Can you come?"

"I'll be there in 5 minutes."

"It's a 15 minutes drive from work..."

"I know."

And he hung up.

"Well," I sighed, "I know who's getting a ticket today." Apparently, Owen brought my stuff from my class so I just packed up right away.

I took a picture of the locker, smiling at it. I took it all in for a moment.

My locker. The one that always got trash stuffed into it. The one with words scratched onto it. It was now repainted and filled with love-felt gifts from... friends.

True friends.

"Oh, I should get my gym clothes," I said. "I'll be back."

I ran to the girls locker room and took it out, running back to Dylan and Owen. I put it in my back pack and sling my bag over my shoulders.

"Do you know how stupid you look with paint all over you right now?" Owen asked. "Because you look really stupid."

"So do you, except you don't need paint to do that," I retorted.

I was actually also happy I was leaving this place. I could start all over again. New school. New life.

I got a text from Ethan.

Ethan: I'm outside the school.

I rushed to the entrance, Dylan and Owen following me. "Bye Guys."

"Bye, loser."
"Bye, stupid." They replied.

I smiled before pushing the doors and walking out of the school. I saw Ethan's car and went over to it.

Ethan got out of the car and stared at me. "Is that... paint? What... Did they pour paint on you?"

  All of a sudden, I felt my lips tremble. I looked down in embarrassment and felt a tear I was holding in all this time dropped onto the ground.

It was silent until I felt Ethan grab my hand and he stormed into the school, dragging me along.

"I've had fucking enough of this bullshit," Ethan growled, pushing the doors.

He pushed open the doors into the entrance and went in the office, going up to one of the staff member.

"I want to see the principle," He demanded.

"For what?" The staff asked. "You can't come without notifying her before—"

"Do you not see my sister covered in fucking paint right now?"

"Excuse me, we ask you to not use that kind of profanity around here—"

"Oh, I'm sorry," He said, sarcasm dripping like venom from his voice. "Do you not see my sister covered in fucking paint right now, sir?"

I bit my cheeks to stop myself from smiling. I've heard them use this line so many times and every single time, it was hilarious.

"Some kids poured paint on my sister!" Ethan kept going. "Get the damn principal. Now."

I felt bad for the teachers. Ethan was freaking scary when he wanted to be.

"We need you to calm down first," A staff said. "If you didn't notify or make an appointment—"

"I don't give a shit about an appointment. I want to see her. Now." Ethan slammed his hand onto the desk. "I'm not gonna fucking repeat myself."

"What's all this noise?" The principal came out, a security guard behind her. She looked between me and my brother, staring at us.

After a while, she took a breath. "Come into my office. Let's talk."

————

Okay. Okay.

Don't get mad at me.

I'm SORRYYYY~~

I just needed a break from Wattpad recently. I was extremely stressed and had a hard time for the past two weeks. This week, I have a competition on Saturday and I'm busy studying.

So I'm sorry, like, I'm truly, truly sorry. This was the first time I've taken more than a week to update, and I promise, this will be the last.

Since I'm back from my break, I feel refreshed, less stressed, and energized to bring you guys chapters again.

Thanks to those who kept supporting me throughout this, and sorry for not telling you guys earlier. It was so sudden, so I apologize again~

I hope you guys understand~~

I really love all of you for sticking with me through everything and keeping me going. I'm sorry you had to wait so long for a chapter.

So because of that, I'll give everyone a surprise. This was a longer chapter than usual, and wait like thirty seconds, because I'll be double updating :)

I haven't done that in so long, but you guys deserve it.

I love you all!

<3
Vote
Comment
Share
:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Abigail By Hannah

Teen Fiction

57.3K 1.7K 30
(In editing) She's depressed. She's anorexic. She's suicidal. She's insecure. Abigail has grown up with her three brothers and James, never meeting h...
11.8K 857 27
You ever looked at someone and thought you were probably in a dream? That they couldn't possibly exist in your reality? Like if you open your eyes or...
10.6K 317 45
Dealing with one man was bad enough, and now Riley was in a house with six. Who knows who are arrogant and who are kind. And she has learnt that best...
29.6K 950 42
Paisley Hayes' life is turned upside down when a deadly car crash results in the loss of her mother. Her father moves her and her nine brothers to Fl...