Smithereens || reddie

By notcoincidental

I wanna kiss him even though it will ruin everything so I don't ...but he does. - - - - I'm really sorry the... More

"The Girlfriend"
"Eddie spagetti"
"My Journal"
"I dont Blame Her"
"are you ok"
"lets go"
GONE
cracker barrel
" surprise birthday party"
"The Plan"
"Surprise Bitch"
"Hawkins"
"The Sleepover"
"Dont let go"
"Happy Fucking Birthday Rich"
"Im A Goner"
"Thanks Mom"
"I Dont Want You To Die"
"A McDonalds Worker"
"Camp of eden"
"Love who you love
"Stan, I love you"
"Stay with me"
"Im sorry bill"
"Perfect To Me"
"I Am Who I Am"
"Yellow Duct Tape"
"The Concert"
"The Concert" Part 2.
"Give him space"
"I Knew You Would Stay"
"What Surgery?"
"He's Alive"
"The date"
"I love y- BOOM"
"In The Void"
"Dangerrrr"
"Ceramic Owl"
"Bad Things Always Happen At Partys"
"I Just Lost Someone I love"
"Sorry Won't Fix A Broken Heart"
"Daddy Issues"
"Sick Means Sick and I'm not Sick"
"The Puppy"
"We are gonna get a cat"
Birdcage
"An Exorcism"
Everything i wanted
Home
3k YAAYYY!!
Homework

I love you

421 9 27
By notcoincidental

Richies POV

I watch Eddie sleep while eleven and Katie do their thing. I don't really realize I'm staring at him until I hear a snap.

Katie: Richie, snap out of it.

I blink and look up at Katie and Eleven. El now has a blindfold on her thighs and a box of tissues next to her. Katie has her phone out and she looks like she is about to play something. Like a song. I know it's not but that's what I feel like is about to happen.

Eleven: Richie, I know this is hard for you but you have got to pay attention and help. I can't do this alone.

Richie: Ok got it.

I breathe in and out.

Eleven: ok now lay him flat on the bed.

Katie: What if he wakes up.

Eleven: Don't worry he won't.

Me and Katie get up and walk over to Eddie and flip him over so he's laying like he's looking at the ceiling.

Eleven puts her blindfold on and Katie turns her phone back on and presses play. White static noise comes on very silently. I can barely hear it.

Eleven: ok *inhales* I am going in. Hopefully this will go nice and smooth.

Me and Katie exchange worried looks. I love Eddie and this is for him.

Eleven: *exhales* I think I'm in. Eddie?

I look at eleven and then Katie then Eddie and then back at El. We all sit there in silence for about a minute. I stare at the bedside lamp while biting my finger nails. I just hope everything will work out.

Eddie: E-Eleven?

Me and Katie bolt towards Eddie with our eyes and our body's.

Eddie: Eleven?

I quickly grab Eddies hand.

Eleven: Eddie

Eddie: What's happening? Where am I?

I can hear the fear in his voice yet he's talking so calmly.

Eleven: Don't worry, you are ok. Soon this will all feel like one big dream. You have to trust me.

Eddie: I don't know what's happening to me. I want to go home.

Eleven: It's ok, everything is gonna be f-

Eddie: No, no eleven. I need to know, I feel like I'm drowning, like I'm trapped. Please tell me what the hell is going on. Is this real?

Eleven: Yes.

Eddie: I feel like I'm losing my mind. Please just let me go.

Eleven: I am, don't worry. I told you I was coming and now I'm here. I promise I will get it out. You just have to breathe.

I wonder what they are seeing. It's almost as if they are talking face to face.

Eddie: Breathe? Yeah that's gonna be kinda difficult.

Eleven: Just think of things that make you happy? What makes you happy?

Eddie: My friends, um movies, games, ice cream, oh and rich-

I shut my eyes. Tight too. I just feel so bad.

Eddie: And Richie.

Eleven: ok now just close your eyes, this will be over soon.

Suddenly there is no more emotion in Eddies face. He looks like he's dead.

Eleven: *inhales* this is my least favorite part.

Me and Katie look at each other and then at Eddie.

Eleven: I see something.

I look at eleven. Her lips are relaxed and shoulders are down.

Eleven: I see a class room. School?

Richie: Is there anyone there?

Eleven: A boy. A small boy. With brown hair and brown eyes. I'm in an art class.

Richie: Is he alone?

Eleven: yes.

I look down at my knees, I see the scar on my knee due to the rip in my baggy jeans.

Eleven: Another boy just came in.

My head shoots up.

Eleven: He had curly hair and big glasses. He is wearing a shirt that says dons pizza.

Richie: It's me and Eddie.

Elevens POV

The two young boys sit at the art table. I'd say their both around 8 or 9. Younger Richie had a big bloody gash on his knee with a bandage covering it.

(Young) Eddie: I'm sorry. I didn't mean to.

(Young) Richie: yeah but at least I now have a cool nickname for you.

(Young) Eddie: And what is that?

(Young) Richie: Eddie spaghetti.

(Young) Eddie: if you call me that I will murder you.

Richie laughs and then gets up and so does Eddie. I hear something behind me. I turn around. Suddenly I'm in an office thingy. A room.

Eleven: I am in a office thing

There is a desk and three chairs. The door to the room swings open. A tall skinny woman walks in along with a wide woman and a little boy. Even smaller than Eddie from before.

Eleven: I see Eddie.

They all sit down. The skinny woman starts talking. She is a therapist woman. A doctor. A physiologist. She says Eddie has something. I can't understand what she's saying because of yelling. Yelling so loud, I turn around and suddenly I'm in an alley. It's empty. But then a little bit older Eddie is walking down it. He has his inhaler in one hand and a book in the other. Out of no where, a taller boy comes from behind him and pushes him to the ground.

Boy: Freak!

Eddie gets up slowly to a sitting position.

Eddie: What do you want?

Another boy comes up behind him and h then another. They have Eddie surrounded.

I hear walking. Walking like in water. So I turn around and see a bunch of kids. I can't make out most of their faces. Most of them I don't recognize. I just recognize Eddie and Richie. They are all covered in dirt and they are all wet. It's dark. Sewers. They are walking down the sewers. Why? I don't know.

Eddie: Can't fucking believe this shit.

Boy: I know, I am never ever going swimming again.

Richie: I don't know about that.

They continue walking down the sewer.

Eddie: My mom is gonna kill me.

I step forward but end up slipping back. I fall. I'm falling. And I can't catch myself. I'm falling but instead of falling in a bunch of dirty water I fall on a nice comfy bed. I look up and see Eddie. Pacing. Back and fourth. I hear yelling from downstairs. I feel a hand touch mine.

Katie: Is everything ok? You're breathing really heavy.

Eleven: Yeah....Everything is going fine.

Bills POV

The cops still haven't arrived. I hear yelling and screaming from inside the house. I want to go help Richies mom but I can't. Alice. Is sitting there biting her nails out of nervousness. I see a cop car coming from up the road. I jump up and Alice does too. The car parks in front of it Richies house and two cops run up to the front porch. They hear the screaming and yelling as well. Me and Alice quickly bolt to the cop car. All of the sudden both cops bust through the door and one points a taser while the other points a gun. I hear the cop talk into his walk is and talk in cop language. Afterwards we hear an ambulance siren in the background and a fire truck. They both come up from behind us along with another cop car.

Richies POV

I am now holding Eddies hand harder than I have ever. I'm scared. Terrified. Eleven is spitting out nonsense and me and Katie are just confused and don't know what to do.

Richie: I can't go back home.

Katie: What? Why?

Richie: I lied. My dad hit me. That's how I got this bruise and he hit my mom and I'm scared.

Katie: Richie we have to call the cops.

Richie: No! You can't!

Katie: Why not?

Richie: Because you can't.

Katie: Richie what are you so afraid of? Cuz it's not your dad.

I look down at Eddie and his pretty face.

Richie: I-I.....I d-

Suddenly eleven starts breathing heavy.

Eleven: I see it. I found it.

Richie: found what?

Eleven: the match.

I look down at Eddie and then back up to eleven. There is blood running from her nose.

Eleven: I got it. I GOT IT!

Eleven stands up.

Eddie starts shaking. Me and Katie run over to him. Trying to hold him down to stop him. Suddenly he stops. Eleven rips the blindfold off and throws it to the ground. Blood is still coming out her nose. We sit there and look at her. For a second it is silent. But then Eddie sits up looking around breathing heavily. He's grasping for air jumping from the bed. I grab his inhaler and give it to him. He looks at it and throws it against the wall.

Eddie: N-n-not asthma. M-m-mom!

I swing open the door of his bedroom and run down the hall to sonias room.

Richie: MS. K WAKE UP!

I shake her awake. She looks at me with confusion.

Sonia: Richie?

Richie: It's Eddie! He needs you.

She gives me an "oh my god" look as she runs past me to Eddies room. She sees Eddie and Eddie sees her.

Sonia: Oh my god Eddie!

Eddie: P-p-p

Sonia: sshhhhh I know.

She quickly helps him out of his bed to be standing. He's having trouble breathing. My bottom lip quivers.

Sonia: Remember put your hands behind your head.

He does what she asks.

Sonia: now breathe. 1234 in 5678 out. Do you remember the....

He nods

Eddie: Asia, Africa, North, South, Antarctica, Europe, and Australia.

Sonia: again.

Eddie: Asia, Africa, North, South, Antarctica, Europe, and Australia.

Sonia: Breathe.

He takes one long inhale and one long exhale.

Sonia: ok are you good?

Eddie: I think so.

Sonia looks up and looks around.

Sonia: What the hell is going on here?

Katie: Um we decided we should have a talk about everything that....happened....at theeeeee....party. Yeah so we invited Richie and El over because they both went to the party and El is very good at settling fights.

Richie: Yep and while we were talking Eddie started ummmmm....

Eddie looks at me like he's scared of me. Like I'm a monster. I probably am. I feel bad. I want to hug him so bad.

El: we are very sorry we didn't tell you.

Sonia looks at all of us.

Sonia: okay, well all of you better go home or at least make me think all of you went home. And don't stay up any later than you already have and don't make my son have a panic attack again.

She looks at me.

Sonia: And I think you better leave. I really don't think Eddie wants you here.

She turns around and closes the door behind her. I hear her footsteps to her room and as soon as I hear her close the door I exhale. I look at Eddie and tears are forming in his eyes.

Katie: What was that? You scared me.

Eddie: It was a panic attack.

El: Are they normal?

Eddie: For me, yes. I h-have um...I have panic disorder. Um but I haven't had a panic attack in forever. I used to get them all the time though.

Richie: You have panic disorder?

He jerks his head to be looking at me as if he forgot I was here.

Eddie: What are you doing here?

I bite my tongue lightly to stop my lip from quivering. His eyes filled with tears yet not a single one falls.

Richie: Eddi-

Eddie: Leave.

Richie: Please just let me exp-

Eddie: Leave!

Now I feel tears coming to my eyes. My contacts start fogging and I bite my lip.

Katie: Eddie, I know you are in a bad place but please just hear hi-

Eddie: Just fucking leave!

I feel a tear hit my face so I quickly pick up my phone and run out the door. I run down the stairs crying my eyes out. I feel my eyes flooding.

Katie: WAIT!

I still am running out the house and onto my bike and I start pedaling away. I pedal the fastest I've ever pedaled. I wipe my tears off my face. And suddenly I hit something. My contacts were fogged so I didn't see it. I fall to the ground and feel a burn on my hands. They have been scraped up. I sit up and just start sobbing again. I quickly take my contacts out and put my glasses on. I get back on my bike and start to ride it but it doesn't move. I try again. Nothing. I throw it down and kick it while crying.

Max's POV

Will gets up after our movie is over and goes to the kitchen.

Joyce: Where are you going?

Will: Glass of water.

I get up and go after Will while Joyce just sits on the couch.

Max: What's wrong?

Will: What?

Max: somethings wrong, I can tell.

Will: Nothing is wrong.

He takes a glass and starts putting ice in it.

Max: Is it your mom?

Will: no

Max: is it about school?

Will: no, I'm fact the doctors said I'm cleared for going back to school just in time for graduation.

Will turns the sink on and start filling his glass. I bite my lip and look at the ground.

Max: Is it mike.

His eyes go wide. He turns the sink off and drink his water all in one gulp.
He wipes his mouth and sets his glass down on the counter.

Max: Will.

He leaves his kitchen and makes his way to the bedroom. I follow him in closing the door behind me.

Max: What?

He starts pacing.

Will: I don't know.

Max: What is going on?

Will: I don't know what's wrong with me.

Max: WILL

He looks up at me in the eyes.

Max: Nothing. Nothing is wrong with you.

Will: Are you joking? Everything is wrong with me. After I told mom about me trying to fucking kill myself I was sent to a hospital. I've been doing therapy for months even before I tried to kill myself but now I'm taking twice as much. I have PTSD, trauma, and depression. I hurt Eddie, I hurt Richie. Mike doesn't like me. Nobody really does. Yeah, there's nothing wrong with me......that's bullshit.

Max: STOP IT. Stop. Ok you have gotten me through this all. Ok I moved all the way to Maine. And who was there, YOU. Who got stuck in another dimension and was chased by a monster for a week and survived? YOU. Who was practically possessed and made it out alive. YOU. Why can't you see that? Why can't you see that you're amazing and wonderful and smart and funn-

Will: BECAUSE! I CANT BE ME! I CANT! i feel like a failure. Ok? I feel like I'm drowning, (crying) like I'm fucking trapped. Like I'm stuck in the upside down with no way out. And no one is willing to just pull me out of the water! No one is listening to me! NO ONE! Not you, not my mom, not my friends, not mike. I'm scared. I don't know what college I want to go to. Or who I wanna be. I wish I could just fucking go back in time. I'm terrified max.

Tears are running down my face, I'm not even blinking. He sits down on the edge of the bed.

Will: Mike, he was the only one who ever really listened. He is the only one who makes me feel home. Who makes me feel like a kid again. Who makes me feel whole and now he's gone. He fell in love, but not with me. And now I'll grow up without him in a whole other state, he'll probably forget me as soon as he turns 20 and marry eleven and be a office worker and have two kids in a suburban neighborhood. That's not me. I'll never get that. I'll never be norma-

Max: STOP IT! Please just stop talking. Will you can do and be whatever the hell you wanna be. Being gay doesn't mean shit. You can live whatever life you want and still be gay. Ok so (choking up) if you want to get married and work an office job and live in the suburbs, than fucking do it. At least you are fucking brave enough to come out. I-

I bite my tongue. I take a deep breath in and out. It's not he time or place. This isn't about me it's about Will. I sit down next to him.

Max: Fuck mike ok? He can suck my dick. He's always been a total asshole to me. He treated El like garbage, in my opinion she deserves way better and you deserve better. Go find someone you love very much, and who loves you back, and hold onto them. Trust me. Everyone has a soulmate. Mike Wheeler, is my friend. He is your friend. But he's a total dick sometimes. You can't change someone though. If he doesn't like you he doesn't like you. It sucks, *quietly* I should know.

He stares at me.

Max: The point is, mike just might be in some denial or is attracted to beautiful girls or just doesn't feel the same way about you. Which I don't get. You are perfect. And anyone who can't see that is blind. Fuck mike.

He smiles.

Will: periodtt

We both crack up. I put my head on his shoulder and he lays his his head on my head.

Max: We are really fucked up.

Will: Yeah.

*ding dong*

Max: Who could that be, at literally midnight.

We both slowly get up from the bed and up to the bedroom door. We hear Joyce going to unlock the front door.

Will: Moms got it.

He starts going back to his desk.

Joyce: will! It's for you!

He rolls his eyes and walks over and opens his bedroom door and steps out in the hall way. He looks down the hallway to the front door and freeze in his tracks. He stares at the person in front of him. I step out the door and into the hall as well and as soon as I see him I know why Will is frozen.

Mike: Hey will!

Katie's POV

I run back inside Eddies room.

Katie: Why would you do that Eddie?

Eddie: Why would I do that? Why wouldn't I, he was a total asshole to me and broke up with me.

I start putting my shoes on.

Katie: You do not understand Eddie. Put your shoes on. You too eleven.

Eddie: No, I'm not going after him. After what he did to me.

Katie: You have no idea what is going on Eddie.

Eddie: Stop treating me like this, I have a r-

Katie: No, Eddie just no. Richie is getting abused at home. His dad found out he was dating you and forced him to break up with you other wise he was going to kill his mom and you. That's why he had a bruise on his face. He loves you. And trust me when I say he's hurting as much, if not more than you. Ok he's had to break up with you, get beat by his dad, and he started drinking again. So Eddie we are going to get Richie because he is either one, going home to his dad who's going to beat him or two he's going to the derry bridge to jump off of it. So get your fucking shoes on.

He looks at me as if he's terrified. He better be terrified. He gets down on the ground and slips his shoes on. Eleven is ready behind us. We go out the door and run downstairs and out the door to the car. We get in and I start up the car. We start driving and eleven and Eddie look out the car windows for Richie. We drive for about 2 minutes before we see Richie walking on the side walk. He walks with his bike by his side. I drive right next to him very slowly. Eddie rolls down the window.

Katie: Richie!

He keeps walking just saying nothing.

Katie: Get in the car.

Richie: Katie, please just let me be alone.

Katie: Richie, get in the god damn car!

He stops walking, looking forward. I stop the car and look forward as well. I see red and blue blinking lights coming from where Richies house is. Richie starts running towards his house. I pull over and all of us get out and start running after him.

Eddies POV

We get to richies house. There are a ton of cop cars and ambulances. Everywhere.

Richie: MOM!

He runs around looking in every ambulance and cop car.

Richie: Mom?!! Please.

He looks around cluelessly. I follow him everywhere. Cops start coming up to him asking him questions but he just ignores them.

Richie: MOM! MOM!

He lets a tear slip from his eye. He puts his hands on his knees and looks at the ground. I see tears fall from his eyes to the ground.

Richie: Please no. Please god no.

I stare at him. A helpless stare.

Richie: *choked up* mom.

I realize what's happening I want to run up to him and hug him and tell him everything will be ok but I can't move. I'm frozen.

Maggie: Richie?

His head bolts up. He stands up straight. His mom stands up out of the fire truck she was in and throws the blanket that was on top of her down. He looks at her and smiles while tears fall from his face. His nostrils flare and he runs towards his mom. They hug tight. I see Maggie's face. She smiles while crying. She has a red mark on the side of her face and a black eye. Her hair is messy. She closes her eyes while squeezing Richie. I can't hear her because of the cops and the cars but I hear her mouth "I love you". I smile. She opens her eyes and sees me. I give her a smile. She mouths out the words "I'm sorry". I smile. Richie lets go of his mother and stares at her. I can't tell what he is saying. His mother nods her head and then looks at me. Richie turns round and stares at me. I see pain, joy, and hope in his eyes. Suddenly I feel a tear on my face. I didn't realize I was crying. I run up to to Richie. He runs up to me. We both go in to a kiss hug thing. We wrap our arms around each other while kissing.

Eddie: I love you.

Richie: I'm sorry.

I pull face away from his. Tears run from our faces.

Eddie: No, you are the best person I know. You are kind, smart, and so beautiful. I'm sorry I yelled at you. I'm so sorry.

Richie: I love you.

He hugs me. Cops come up to us asking us to step back so they could take pictures. They take pictures of the outside of the house and the inside. They tell Richie, they are going to have to take him in so they can get pictures of the marks and bruises. I feel bad. Bad that I yelled at him. He is going through so much shit.

After everything was over with and I was waiting in the waiting room along with Katie and eleven, Richie walked out into the room. Katie ran up to him like his great aunt and gives him a hug.

Katie: I've been so fucking worried about you.

Richie: I'm fine kat.

Katie: This whole time. I fucking knew this was happening. I don't get why you couldn't just fucking tell me. I would've understood.

Richie: No you wouldn't.

She lets go of him and looks at him.

Katie: Why wouldn't I understand?

Richie: I don't know, you had an amazing dad. The best father a person could ask for and the best uncle a person could ever ask for. You just wouldn't understand.

Katie: Yeah, bring up my dead dad.

Richie: I'm sorry I didn't mean it like that. I meant that you would never get having a father-

Katie: What the fuck?

Richie: You didn't let me finish, I was going to say you wouldn't get having a dad that literally try's to kill you, your boyfriend, and your mom.

Katie: Fine. I forgive you. And just because it didn't happen to me doesn't mean I wouldn't have helped. It doesn't mean you can just act like everything is fine. I love you Richie.

Richie: I love you too Kat.

She hugs him again and whispers in his ear. I couldn't hear what she was saying but it had something to do with "boyfriend" so that's where I come in. He looks at me. I feel my lip start quivering.
He smiles at me. Katie steps aside giving us our moment. He stares at me.

Richie: Hey Eddie spaghetti.

Eddie: Dont call me that.

I take one huge step and jump into his arms. He almost falls but regains his balance. He hugs me back and we sit there crying with each other.

Eddie: I really fucking love you.

Richie: I know.

Eddie: Even though you're an asshole. Even through you make me feel bad sometimes. Even though you broke my heart. Even though you always make stupid jokes that I'm always annoyed with. Even though you always flirt with other people and make me feel inadequate sometimes. Even though you like jolly ranchers but not chocolate. Even though you never bring me flowers and candy and ask me out to dances and dates like I've always wanted I still fucking love you so much. You are perfect. You care. You have never purposely hurt anyone. You want to make people happy. You don't buy me flowers but you do sing me songs. You flirt with other people not because you like them or want to cause me pain, it's just because you're a teenager. And you don't ask me to dances or dates because you're scared. Either scared of what I'll think or scared of what other people will say. But Richie. You are the only person in the world that I love more than anyone else. I fucking love you.

We sway while hugging each other. He hugs me tighter.

Richie: I fucking love you too. With all your fucking problems too. I would do anything for you. You know that? I've done everything I can for you. Even though it doesn't seem like it.

Eddie: You do everything for me. You let me live in your house because my mom kicked me out. You were with me through out my fucking thing with eleven. You took me to the hospital in the middle of the night. You buy me things. You always give me rides to school.

Richie: Yeah with the car you bought me.

Eddie: *laugh* yeah I kinda just bought you it so you can drive me.

Richie: *laugh* yeah, I'm sorry. For everything.

Eddie: I'm sorry for everything too. For yelling at you. For always bringing my problems into your life.

Richie: It's ok, I don't mind it. I kinda like it. It makes me feel like I'm actually important.

Eddie: You are. So many people love you. Your family and your friends. Well maybe not Stan. *laugh*

Richie: *laugh* Yeah well maybe we should start to go home since we've been standing in a police station hugging for like ten minutes.

Eddie: Yeah, i thought we had to wait for your mom.

Richie: She said that I should sleep at your house since my house might still be under inspection.

Eddie: We can't go back to my place, my mom would kill me.

Bill: You can stay at my house.

We all turn our heads. Me and Richie now remembering that everyone else is still here. We let go of each other. Bill was in front of us.

Richie: Why are you here?

Bill: Who do you think called the cops?

Richie: That was you? I just thought it was my neighbors or something. But it was you?

Bill: Alice too. She went home after I called the cops because she's kinda on the run from them. Yeah, we just got finished talking with the officers. I'm sorry I called the cops and didn't tell yo-

Richie runs over and hugs him.

Richie: Thank you so much. You literally saved my moms life by doing something that I was too chicken shit to do. Thank you.

Bill looks really awkward.

Bill: anytime.

He lets go of him and stares.

Katie: Welp I think we should be getting home.

Eleven: Yeah mike is waiting for me to pick him up from Wills house.

Eddie: Wait mike at wills house?

Eleven: Yeah he wanted to say hi.

Richie: are you sure that's a good idea?

Eleven: Why wouldn't it be?

Eddie: Did they not tell you?

Eleven: Tell me what?

Richie: Will tried to kill himself. The Therapists say that he's in a fragile state right now and I don't know if mike could be triggering or not.

Eleven: shit.

She ran out the police station.

Bill: Ok shall we go then.

Richie: We certainly may.

Eddie: I call front seat.

Bill: Well obviously you want to sit next to your booooyyyyfrrriiieenndd

Eddie: Be quiet!

I realize that Bill was watching me and Richie hugging. We all walk out the police station each with arms around the others shoulder. The five of us walking out.

Richie: Sweet Caroline!

Bill: Oh god no! For stans sake.

Everyone: BUM BUM BUM!

We all laugh and get into to Richies car. Katie goes into her own car to goes home. She is probably really tired. Richie puts the key in and starts it.

*at Bills house*

We arrive at bills house and go inside. His parents were still on a trip. So he took his parents room and we took his bedroom. We got dressed as soon as we got home. Richie is in the bathroom brushing his teeth. I sit and wait on the bed. He is still in there so I get up and go into the doorway of the bathroom. He's still brushing his teeth but when he's done he puts his tooth brush in the holder. He starts to walk out the door and sees me staring at him. He has a bunch of dirt on his face along with a black eye and a cut on his cheek bone.

Richie: What?

Eddie: Aren't you going to wash your face?

Richie: No.

I sigh.

Eddie: Sit down.

He sits down on the edge of the bath tub. I grab the wash cloth and put some water on it. The wash cloth is now damp so I turn the water off. I sit down on the edge of the bath tub along with him.

Richie: My face isn't even that bad.

Eddie: I never said it was bad, I said it was dirty.

I start wiping his face with the wash cloth. He looks like he needs a shower and a glass of water.

Richie: What did you do when I was gone.

Eddie: I don't really remember much. Just six flags and a park. At night. With Katie.

Richie: Why did you go to a park at night with Katie? *laugh*

Eddie: I don't really remember. I think she brought me there. And she told me a story. But I don't remember what the story was about.

Richie: Which park was it?

Eddie: The one on Bates.

His face goes a little dead after I said that.

Richie: Did she tell you about her dad?

Now I remember. She told me the story about her dad.

Eddie: Yes. That's what it was.

Richie: She must really trust you because she never even talks about her dad.

I continue to wash his face.

Eddie: What about you? What did you do?

Richie: I laid in bed and stared at the ceiling.

I smile, I remember. Right before we broke up he taped a picture of me to his ceiling.

Richie: I also drank a lot.

He looks down like he's ashamed.

Eddie: Richie.

Richie: What? What else was I suppose to do?

Eddie: Nothing. Just don't drink anymore. Ok? Promise me?

Richie: Ok I promise.

I smile. I start wiping the dirt off his chin.

Eddie: I missed you a lot.

Richie: Did you?

Eddie: Yeah actually.

Richie: Well I missed your mom a lot

I laugh and look down. My hand drops to the edge of the tub.

Eddie: You think you are so funny, huh?

Richie: I am, aren't I?

I look at him. His smile slowly fades.

Richie: I'm sorry. I know. I'm an asshole.

Eddie: Why didn't you just tell me?

He closes his eyes and clenches his hands against the bath tub.

Richie: I don't know. Maybe because I didn't want to involve you into more shit or maybe I just didn't want you to call the police.

I I take one long breath.

Eddie: Ok, lets make a deal, no more secrets.

I start to wipe away the dried blood from the cut on his face.

Richie: Ok, lets tell each other everything from now on.

Eddie: Ok, what you got?

Richie: now?

Eddie: yes, now.

Richie: um I was in local theatre when I was younger.

I laugh.

Eddie: I had a huge crush on shark boy from shark boy and lava girl.

Richie: When I was younger I thought everyone was bisexual.

Eddie: I cry myself to sleep when I sleep alone.

Richie: When we were like fourteen and you asked me to go bowling with you alone, I spent five hours in the mirror just planning what I was going to say in every single situation possible.

Eddie: I have always told the history teacher to put me and you in a group together before class even started so you would think that we were destined to be together.

Richie: I'm a virgin.

Eddie: I think everyone knows that.

Richie: Outta everyone in our friend group who do you think has already or will lose their virginity first?

Eddie: I cannot believe this is what we talk about at a time like this.

Richie: Bill?

Eddie: He gets too nervous.

Richie: Stan?

Eddie: Stan is the kind of person who does puzzles and watches birds. No.

Richie: Beverly?

Eddie: Eh, probably not. I feel like she would want her first time to be special.

Richie: Not Ben, because he also wants his first time to be special and not Mike because he's just too sweet so he wouldn't want to push anyone.

Eddie: Katie is saving herself for Billie Eilish.

Richie: Lets not talk about my cousins sex life.

Eddie: You would probably be the one to lose it first. Just saying.

Richie: No, because you're probably the one to lose it last.

Eddie: What's that suppose to mean?

Richie: It means that when you lose yours, I lose mine.

He laughs. Sex has always made me uncomfortable. Even when

Eddie: That's probably sweetest and grossest thing you've ever told me.

Richie: Why gross?

Eddie: Sex is gross.

Richie: It isn't gross, it's natural.

Eddie: whatever trashmouth, but am not having sex anytime soon.

Richie: Then neither will I.

I laugh. I'm still wiping his face even though there's no more dirt. I just want an excuse to continue the conversation.

Richie: I missed you so much.

I start to blush but I look down so he doesn't see it.

Richie: Also, why didn't you ever tell anyone about your panic thingy?

I scrunch up my face. He totally ruined our moment. I look back up at him.

Eddie: Panic disorder. Because I didn't want you guys to treat me like a baby all the time I guess. I didn't know how to deal with it at the time so I didn't want you guys to have to figure out how to deal with it too. I've had it since forever. My mom can't afford therapy or a service dog. All we can afford is a book that says different weird shit to do and some prescriptions. Yes, most of the pills I used to take were absolute bullshit but those helped me relax and not spiral into panic attacks out of nowhere. It used to be really bad. I would just step outside the dirt and then just start crying. The last one I had besides the one I had today was the day my mom kicked me out. I pulled over my bike and put my hands around my neck and started to recite lyrics to my favorite Lorde song.

Richie: Which one is that?

Eddie: Love club or Ribs but I was reciting Ribs. Panic attacks suck. And then some people at school like say they are having a panic attack. Oh no, what am I gonna do? When panic attacks are nothing like what people say. It's like people will start crying and then say "I'm having a panic attack" but real panic attacks are the worst, it's like your stomach becomes empty and your tongue becomes too big for your mouth and you feel like you can't breathe. Like you are under water. Like you're drowning. I've been doing really good until today.

Richie: If it makes you feel any better I was diagnosed with depression when I was twelve.

Eddie: Really? Why didn't you tell anyone?

Richie: I don't know. I was kinda in denial at the time. And I guess I just didn't want you guys to get involved in my shit.

Eddie: Your shit is my shit Richie. I want us to go through everything together from now on. I want to know every single problem you have. I want you to make my life a living hell. Because your life is full of problems, if I'm not in that than I'm not in it.

Richie: I promise I will destroy your life. *laugh* if you promise to destroy mine. I also have one more question. Who was your first kiss?

Eddie: If anything under 7 doesn't count and spin the bottle doesn't count than you.

Richie: Really? I'm flattered.

Eddie: What about you?

Richie: Beverly I think.

Eddie: I said spin the bottle doesn't count.

Richie: It wasn't spin the bottle. Me and Beverly used to have a free period at the end of the day and me her would smoke and sometimes we.......would make out.

Eddie: What? Why?

Richie: Dont worry, we never had feelings for each other or anything like that. I never liked her and she never liked me. We just liked getting high. Plus she tasted ice cream.

Eddie: What do I taste like?

Richie: *laugh* You usually taste like cherrys. What about me?

Eddie: Sometimes cigarettes, but most of the time chocolate.

We both laugh. I stopped washing his face awhile ago so I toss the rag up to the sink and grab his hand.

Eddie: We should probably get to bed.

Richie: No, I wanna keep talking to you.

Eddie: I said let's go to bed not go to sleep.

He gets up and follows me out of the bathroom and into Bills bedroom. We lay down in his bed and turn his light off. We are both facing Bills window and Richies got his arms around my waste and his face almost touching the back of my neck. The covers are over our body's. I miss this. I miss him.

Richie: I love you, always remember that.

Eddie: I love you too, you fucking trashmouth.

Richie: You are mental, eddo spaghettio.

Eddie: You're beautiful Bitchy Richie.

Richie: Did you just come up with a new nickname for me?

Eddie: Maybe.

Richie: *laugh* Eddie Kaspbrak, my hero.

Eddie: Richie Tozier, my princess.

Richie: *laugh* I love you.

Ok I haven't posted for literally a year but here it is. I kinda forgot all about this but then I watched IT chapter 2 and everything came back. Reddie is and will always be my religion. I reread all of the chapters and edited them so yeah thank you for reading and see you when I see you again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

479K 11.8K 52
any kind of reddie oneshots (leave any requests in the comments)
12.7K 81 36
A Richie Tozier x reader fan fic because I've read all the good ones and I feel like there are lots of very similar ones on here :) I update most da...
250K 7.1K 20
Before I knew it my shirt was torn away from my torso and tossed on the floor, Charlie's doing the same. Our kiss intensified and I felt him groan ag...
12.4K 215 18
This is the smuttiest Eddie and Gaege love Story I have ever made 😂 but I'm trying to make this one funny, crazy, a lil sad, and cute. But anyway th...