Out of The Woods (COMPLETED)

By starryeyessz

Aurora is forest nymph who lives in the lost city of Arden, a lost civilization of faerie folk who live among... More

--
Chapter one
Chapter Two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Authors note
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Ch 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
WheeEeeeep
The final chapter

Chapter 29

18.6K 597 36
By starryeyessz

The morning of the court case came. I smoothed out the creases of my dark black dress and eyed the dismal weather. Rain drizzled down on the country, leaving a slight fog along with it. I felt a puddle of nerves in my stomach but I kept my face neutral. Everything was set. Everything was in place. I had spoken to Esmeralda and Finn yesterday afternoon and they were just as determined to go through with it.

"That's crazy. An entire society that exist outside of Arden???" Finn exclaimed and Esme shushed him. He ran his hands through his disheveled hair as he paced back and forth.

"Is this really okay though? Once we reveal Arden, there's no going back. What if we're attacked? What if the wolves turn against us. Just because we have the support of one main alpha doesn't mean we have the support of the whole country."

"Does it matter?" Spat Esme, her eyes wide and angry. "We've spent so much years hidden away from the world. The amount of lies that the elders fed us should be reason enough. We're healers, we're suppose to help people yet we're hidden away, erased from existence. Arden was created to protect us from war. There are no wars now."

"Yet villages are still being attacked ?" I questioned softly. I needed to think about every angle of this before I did something that was impact the entire world.

"That was an oddity. Vampires normally stay out of the way. There are odd attacks here and there but the wolves and council normally deal with them, if their own species don't. The vamps have a hierarchy too and they don't like getting involved with the council. What happened there was a sub nest getting too much power and it went to their head. It was a singled event and not enough of a reason to hide."

Finn nodded, his eyes wide. "Bloody hell. I just can't believe it's all actually changing."

"Just one question though. Do I tell Isaac? He's going into convinced it's just that isolated vampire event we're dealing with."

"I heard they're just going to strip the main leader of that nest of his rank. He won't be killed. That's normally what happens. It just means he didn't have enough control over who he was in charge of so he'll be replaced by someone who will. Most of that nest was killed in the attack between Isaac's pack and what was left of that nest anyway."

"I should let him know so that he's not shocked."

Esme and Finn exchanged glances. "Do you trust him?"

I nodded. "Yes."

There lay my answer.

-//

"I need to talk to you." I informed Isaac and he straightened up, his tense back facing me as he turned, offering me a tired smile.

"What's up?"

I gulped. "There's something you need to know."

I saw worry flash across his eyes yet he kept his demeanor calm. "Is this the part when you reveal you're actually a serial killer."

I let out a shaky laugh before I began my explanation of what was going on. I started at when I first met the nymphs and be listened intently, not uttering a single word until I was finished.

Then he looked up, his eyes wide . "Wow. That's a lot to take in."

I gave him a sheepish smile as he brought his hand up to my cheek, rough calloused skin brushing softly against it. "Is this what you want?" He asked and I nodded softly.

He grinned widely. "Then, let's go get 'em tiger."

-:/

It was pretty much as I had expected. On one side stood Isaac, his father, Lily and I. On the other side stood a rather bored looking vampire, sighing as he had something better to do and was annoyed by being forced to attend. A judge sat in front of us, his piercing gaze on the vampire. A small group of higher ranked vampires sat stiffly behind him while one stood on front - seemingly to speak for him. Isaac took the role of defending me and I was grateful as I wasn't exactly sure what to do or say. I looked around, noticing the hard, observative eyes of the jury. One woman met my gaze and offered me a small smile which set my nerves at ease slightly. I subtly scanned the room and saw that Noah and Bobbi, my mother's best friend were seated somewhere near the back. Esme and Finn were nowhere to be seen, which worried me slightly. But before I could ponder on that anymore, it started.

"I've been briefed of the events that occurred from the 24th of December to the 20th of January." I felt sick thinking that I had spent the good part of a month with those monsters. Lily stiffened beside me and took her hand, squeezing it support.

The judge turned his gaze to the vampire sprawled out in his seat. He cocked his head to a side. "How the bloody hell was I to know they'd go on a Rampage like that? I manage to many nests it's hard to keep an eye on them all."

The vampire on front of him gritted his teeth and shot his companion a hard look. "As he was trying to explain, judge. He was unaware of the events that took place between these days. The nest acted of their own accord and he takes responsibility and will pay whatever compensation the other side wishes. But he wishes not be stripped of his rank."

Isaac was up like a bullet, his eyes cold and unrecognizable. "Compensation? Vampires who were under your control attacked my village and kidnapped my mate and one of my pack members. And you speak of compensation? We don't want money. Don't kid yourself. We want valid assurance that something like this won't happen again. If a nest under his control acted under his nose then doesn't that prove that he's an incompetent leader?"

The judge leaned across the table, his eyes meeting the vamp's. "Did you have any knowledge of the attack?"

The man who stood in front of him spoke this time. "No, he had no knowledge of it."

"Yet it was his sub pack who acted?"

The man nodded solemnly.

"Council rule states that any faction leader who's faction acts out against their rule be stripped of their rank. Frankly he's lucky he's not put to death. He challenged one of the 12 main alphas and will have to pay for the actions of his nest."

The man groaned loudly. "Did I fucking kidnap her? No? Everyone in that nest is dead so case closed. Sorry you got caught up in the whirlwind sweetie but i shouldn't be stripped of my rank for this."

The man in front of him sighed, before nodding at the Judge.

"My defendant accepts that he will be stripped of his rank and unable to lead any faction until further notice." Isaac slipped his hand into mine as the judge brought his gavel down and the loud echo of retribution sounded.

"You're stripped of your rank and furthermore should learn to close your mouth. You may not lead any sub nests in the future. Disband any nests under your control or they are to join other leaders. You're also to pay 300,000 in compensation to the Littlewood pack for any damage caused during the initial attack. Be glad you got off lucky this time. Case adjourned."

The Judge got up to leave but one voice cut through the air- harshly. Isaac's.

"There's something we need to discuss further."

The judge looked on in confusion and I felt my heart drop into my chest as a familiar figure made his way up to the stand. Elder Moe. A harsh man who wouldn't ease up in the slightest in his opinions. A man set in the old ways of Arden. A man who's steely gaze was directed on me.

"My name is Ardeus Moe. I am an elder of the city of Arden. I wish to request the return of my three nymphs."

The judge fidgeted in confusion before another voice cut through, this time even more intimidating than Isaac's. Anyone in the room could tell there was an undeniable amount of power radiating from it.

"I will be ruling this case." Came the voice, harsh and authoritative. I felt fear spike through me as Isaac took my hand in his. "It's the royal King of wolves. He's also a leading founder of the council."

The judge paled and retreated while the man, whom I now recognized as the king took his place at the front of the room. A heavy tension filled the room and Elder Moe paled slightly before he stood straighter and narrowed his gaze on my in particular.

"As you already know of the existence of Arden I will speak freely. I hope the knowledge of this stays in this room." There were a handful of people left, Noah and Bobbi with a few nymphs at the back of the room. Isaac, his father, Lily and I. The vampires had fled, only leaving behind two leaders and by the power and authority radiating off them, they were of the highest ranking.

"The secret city of Arden was built centuries ago to ensure the survival of our species. A few of our youth seem to have different opinions and think It best to reveal the city of Arden. I only want my people returned to ensure that they keep the secret of our species."

The king pretended to ponder over his request, crossing his arms in false thought. "And what of the nymphs at the back of the room?"

The elder's went white as a sheet.

"Would you return them to Arden as well? Although based on the fact that all of these nymphs left of their own will tells me another story. The time of war has passed, the new generation of nymphs seem to want to handle things differently, there isn't any way you can keep them locked away if that's not what they desire. If people wish to leave, it is not your place to demand them to stay."

Elder Moe turned his hard gaze on me. "Is this what you wanted? To reveal our entire species to a world that took both your parents? Do you wish to condemn us all to death?!"

My own hard gaze met his. "My father died protecting me and don't you dare utter another word against my mother. You fed us lies, kept us trapped and ensured that we followed the rules you imposed on us."

The king sighed deeply. "I think there's one final witness we should hear from." His eyes flickered to the door. Slowly it opened and my eyes met familiar green ones. They were the same as mine.

Long golden locks had been cut off and now rested just below her shoulder. Still when I met her eyes I was filled with a warmth. One only she could provide. Tears filled my eyes as my body went weak.

"Mom."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

520K 16.7K 31
Natalie was raised in a world where there is nothing more sacred than the mate bond. She lived with that belief all of her life, but when one of her...
212 60 20
Aurora is a new 18-year-old student in her final year in high school. Her school is located close to the deep wild forest where wild wolves live. Aft...
604 128 22
Aurora is a student of Fine Arts who is protected by an angel called Ethan, but she doesn't know it. The Devil is threatening the Angels Kingdom's pe...
262 2 29
A young woman named Aurora finds herself not only captured by vampires, but she soon finds herself falling for one of the vampires named Damon. As sh...