Ice To Meet You

By mrigankac

"What else do you want me to say, Mia?" "Did you mean it?" There is a pause and I just-I feel exhausted, the... More

Getting the job by fluke
sexcapades
WHAT A KENT!
What's Gucci?
You snooze; you lose!
Pro Tip: Listen to the voice inside your head.
Is he playing with me or am I getting played?
Proposition to fuck
Make him an offer he can refuse
Brunch is not always a good idea
I was better off at the ma'am cave.
Oh, Balls! He has a she
I don't dessert you
Ice to meet you
D's get degrees
Skyline is the limit
The Broke-lyn Times
Mia makes pour decisions
Sometimes you gotta pop off.
Let's get fizzical
A-dick-ted
Running latte!
SHI(f)T
Pitch imperfect
I love you until I find someone better
Loves the article or loves it not?
Hello, Nathaniel! Bye Kent?
Ass-ume
Cheese still not over it
Do it for the gram
Why so salTEA?
A-man-don't
He's guiltTEA and he nose it
Donut let me go
The good in goodbye
5 Reasons I Would Rather Date An Asshole Than A Nice Guy
Brow down to me.
Don't fall in love with a girl like me
Nate Happening
What we've all been waiting for part 1
Part 2
Drinking about you
She alcohol-ed me
Do I have to paint you a pitcher?
Too sleepy to think of a title.
That was a mouthful to swallow
NATE-IVE INDIAN
Exclusive or Ex-clusive?
Tit for tat
I think I can finger this out
Where there is a Will, there is a way
All's fire in love and war
A step too fire
Turn Mi(a) On
As fire as the eyes can see
Enter-Kent-ment
Love-heat relationship
thank u, next
He's neat
colLITeral damage
Fast and fieryous
A cremative mind
Too Match, too soon
Chapter 64
High definition
When Liam shows emotions
Sleep deprived Chapter.
Oh, deer.
What if I can't?
Relationshit
DespaRATE
Rachel's Story, Part 1
Rachel's Story, Part 2
Take it or leave it
Flowers and thorns Part 1
In My Mind Part 1
In My Mind Part 2
In My Mind 3
Chapter 80
Untitled Part 81
Untitled Part 82
Untitled Part 83
Untitled Part 84
Part 85

Chapter 65

363 41 5
By mrigankac

It's been three days since I've been in Liam's castle and they have been three unbelievably long and boring days. I am "allowed" to only rest and recuperate—two words I am starting to abhor. I have barely seen Liam in these three days. He comes home late and I tried staying up all night yesterday but as per his housekeeper—he never came home at all. I feel like a bird stuck in a golden gilded cage; trapped. A lady came yesterday to give me a pedicure and manicure which was fun just like the day before Mitch came through to give me a haircut. Now I have light brown, almost honey highlights in my jet-black hair—which might I say, look gorgeous on me. Although I appreciate the generosity Liam has bestowed upon me, he hasn't even seen it. I was so excited to show him my hair. It feels like he is ignoring me and I hate it. I called him yesterday and he was busy catching up on work.

I can't bend or do anything that involves my back, so working out is out of question obviously. Which is a waste because the roof has the most gorgeous jacuzzi I have ever seen in my entire life. Liam's penthouse is gorgeous yet sterile. It has a cozy fireplace with white cloudlike couches but I don't think anybody has ever used that room. There are four massive rooms with white walls, white sheets, and almost empty cupboards. Of course, I peeked—I am nothing if not a snoop. His room has an array of suits, shirts, and ties. Nothing else. No sleep clothes, family pictures or even an ashtray, which I have to say is a bit alarming.

It's like he doesn't even live here.

Everything about his house is empty, bland and remind me of death. A huge part of me regrets expressing my feelings for him. It just pushed him so far away from me.

My room if I can call it that is filled with brand new clothes, shoes, and handbags. Each of them new with tags—I can almost bet each item is probably costlier than my entire paycheck. They are all in my size, which is weird. I feel like a mistress stacked away in a corner—like a dirty little secret he is ashamed to show the world. He has texted me every day asking me how I am doing to which I reply fine. I have reread our conversation at least 673843 times today as if I'll find a clue or something that will tell me what I did wrong.

There is a knock on my door.

"Come on in," I don't know why Amy even bothers to knock. I've told her multiple times that she can just come right in. Amy is the housekeeper, a woman in her mid-fifties. She gave me no dirt on Liam but I won't stop digging until I find something. I keep trying to make conversation but she doges my questions like Hannah doges nice guys.

"Good morning—I got you some breakfast," she announces. She keeps the wooden tray in front of me that has an array of fresh fruits, mango juice and some kind of sandwiches cut in triangles.

"Good morning Amelia, how was your night?"

"It was great. Do you need anything else?" I need some dirt Amy—just start talking already.

"Why don't you help me get up and we can sit on the roof and eat together?"

"That—I don't—it won't be appropriate..." She is stammering.

"I would really like some company as I eat, please Amy..." Come on woman—give me an inch here.

"If you insist Mia, what time would you like the masseuse to come by today?" Oh god, does he think this pampering would keep me happy here? I am getting kind of tired of it and given how sore I feel, I don't like the idea of anyone touching me. It's almost repulsive. Stop sending people to me Liam—just come to yourself instead.

"Let's discuss this over breakfast."

She helps me get up and we sit near the water. There is not even a plant in site—the hospital was more inviting than this. The sun's rays kiss my skin and I can feel my spirits light up. Although looking up at the sky makes me squint—there is something about New York in August. It's so welcoming, toasty and soft. I look down from the side of the roof and the world from the 78th floor looks eerily tiny—I feel so detached and isolated. I can relate to Rapunzel on a soul level right now.

Amelia sits right next to me and I sip on my mango juice.

"Does Liam spend a lot of time here?" I ask a stupid question.

"Some weekends he is here but I haven't ever seen him come down during weekdays as he does lately." He hasn't been here—wait has he? I have to tread carefully. If I want some information—which I do, I need to pretend like I know what's up.

"Does he eat the dinners you cook for us?"

"Not really, he mostly just goes in your room but you know that," no I don't! I don't see him at all. I have been sleeping soundly due to my painkillers but damn—he doesn't hop in bed with me. I would know—would I?

A little bit of ice in my soul thaws. He hasn't been a complete jerk.

My phone buzzes.

"I have scorching tea for you. Drinks tonight?" Hannah texts me. Oh! I live to sip some tea.

"Sure. Who is it about? And let's meet at the usual?" I reply back.

"It's good to see you smile," Amy comments.

"It's about Liam—I got something major," Hannah replies.

"Usual sounds awesome."

"At 4? I'll get off work early."

"Can't wait to see your hair in person."

Why can't she text it all in one paragraph? She's making my phone buzz constantly.

Suddenly my day doesn't seem gloomy at all. I finish my breakfast and start getting ready. With my body betraying me—it will take me eternity no doubt. I open the bathroom cabinet and I don't know who stocked the makeup department at Liam's but it's bomb.com.  I have half the Dior and Fenty shade range along with tools I don't understand and skincare I have never heard of but can't wait to try. I have never been the SPF and serum at night girl but with so many at my disposal, why shouldn't I try them on?

I take my own sweet time straightening my hair and applying make-up... the best that I can. I pick a black strapless dress from the cupboard and even though I don't know how much it costs—it fits me like a glove. If only I could zip it up. I go to the living room to look for Emy and find her in the kitchen blending something. She sees me and turns it off immediately.

"Going out?" She asks.

"Yes, could you zip me up please?"

She does and if the dress was a glove before—it is a glove I can barely breathe in now. It hugs every cervix of my body and for the first time in days—I feel sexy. I've been in sweats for way too long. My hair is giving me life. It's almost 3:15—I apply some nude lipstick and overline my lips. I take my phone and since my case fits my cards and my metro card—I ditch a bag. All the bags in the closet are just too expensive and pretty for me to even touch.

I don't even try on the array of heels—they are just too high for me and when I can barely walk—I don't need another excuse to tumble down. I stick to my red Nike sneakers.

Amy knocks at the door again—jeez woman.

"Come on in."

"Mia there is a driver waiting for you at the gate."

"Is it Wilson?" Please tell me, I know him and he provides me a sense of comfort.

"No, his name is Jeff. He will meet you right outside the elevator. Do you want him to come up?"

"Oh no, not at all. I'll see you, Amy." I make my way to the elevator.

The lift has jazz music playing and I can't help but move my head to it. This is such a grown-up building; my lift has spilled beer and trash in it. No wonder Liam looks down at where I live—which is not an excuse. Why is his driver picking me up again? If Jeff drops me then Liam will know where I am and I don't want him to. It's like he knows everything about me already—I want something about my life to be only mine.

The elevator stops and there is a man in a black suit with blonde hair waiting for me. I don't acknowledge him and keep walking towards the lobby instead.

He walks behind me and asks, "Are you, Miss Dawson?"

"No, sorry," I lie as I walk past the door.

I open the door and warm breeze mixed with the smell of freedom and rebellion hit me. I am in the mood to get in trouble tonight. 

Author's note

I just made an Instagram for Ice To Meet You. The first post is of Liam, for all OG readers. I convinced Liam to say a few lines *wink-wink* and there is a video of him smoking attached to it. So check it out and let me know what you think. Also, follow the page for regular updates and polls that I will have about the story. I really want to create a place where you guys have a say in the story. So we will have previews, snippets and lots and lots of discussions and pictures. Pictures of the restaurants they go to, the food they eat, where they work and everything in between. I love you guys so much and as always let me know what more you want to see and I'll create it. The link is attached to the chapter

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 373 83
"It's too much to remember everything and everyone, all pain and hurt is killing me day by day little by little. I wish I could remove all the pain a...
29.9K 721 16
"Back to this hellhole, huh?" "I wouldn't call it a hellhole" He mutters. "Oh, but I would." I snap harshly. He almost flinches. "(Y/n), I'm sorry. I...
232K 6.7K 49
|| General Fiction || || Romance || Currently Ranked - 06 in lovehaterslationship 02 in wattpadlovestory "Ale..x i did..n't.. do" i stammered, i...
396K 12.2K 49
"You are mine now. Just remember one thing nobody gets the privilege of bringing that smile on your face and touching you" he clenched his fsts and m...