MaNan- Faded Scars

Por SassyTeenager_

In such a sophisticated universe Manik Malhotra is a powerful and arrogant Business man who controls the life... Más

prologue
01| he is arrogant
02 | she is audacious
03 | he is abashed
04 | she is sassy
05 | he is baffling
06 | she is depressed
07 | he is pervert
08 | she is whimsical
09 | he is changing
10 | she is changing.
11 | he compliments her.
12 | she compliments him
13 | he cares for her
14 | she cares for him
15 | he is drawn to her
16 | she is drawn to him
18 | she gets a nightmare.
Be my Valentine

17 | he knows the truth

5K 533 122
Por SassyTeenager_

Here is the most anticipated chapter:) Do vote and comment! Inline comments are always bae ❤️

▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Ah! The love birds. So Sorry, your life's going to end." Manik and Nandini turned to the voice.

Nandini's irises widened and she tightened her grip around Manik. "Manik, he is the one!"

▬▬▬▬

17// he knows the truth

Manik stared at him, his eyes reflected new found fury and anguish, he turned back to Nandini and his orbs softened instantly, he blinked at her reassuringly and gently removed her hand.

He pushed Nandini behind him and flashed him a smug smile. "So you are that K?"

The other man smiled. "You seem well updated."

"You know that proverb.. Keep friends close and enemies closer?" he stepped forward.

"Oh, yes, yes. You see even I am a good follower if that. That's why I came to see my Nandu jaan."

Nandini groaned from the behind. "DON'T! don't call me that!" she snapped back.

Manik remained unfazed, but smiled victoriously. "Of course, Kunal, see I even know your name."

Nandini froze. How did he know Kunal? She doesn't remember telling him about Kunal at all. How did he know it then. She cocked her head at him, he smiled knowingly and turned away before she can mouth a no.

The other man laughed maliciously. Manik was bewildered, but he didn't show it in the face. Masking emotions was like a cup of tea for him. He has been doing that all the while.

"Kunal? So my Nandu told you about him. So sad." He took a step towards her and Manik came before him. "Tsk, Tsk, Nandu, how did you lie to him? Boy, let me clear it for you." he smirked.

"Kunal, for your information was my victim." Nandini shook her  head negatively from behind. His smirk grew deeper. "Am I right Nandu? Kunal is.." he paused correcting himself. "was Nandini's one and only brother. I'm not Kunal. I'm Karan. Kunal is dead."

"What?" Manik was baffled. Kunal was Nandini's brother? And he is no more? He wants so many questions to be answered, but before that he must save Nandini. "No, you are..bluffing. I don't believe this. Any of this!"  he yelled.

"Believe or not believe, I have absolutely no problem." his expression changed to something more painstaking and malicious and his voice was unnervingly placid "I just want my Nandu. I have come here only for her." he stared at her for a fleeting second before turning back to him. "And because you are with her, I'll finish your game as well. Just like Kunal"

"No! You'll do nothing to Manik. I'll come with you, just leave him" tears flowed down her cheek. "What has he down to you? Leave him!"

Manik looked at her disbelievingly "Nandini! What are you saying? Where is that sassy Nandini gone? You'll.. You'll bend your head at him? He has killed your brother, damn!" he scoffed at her.

Nandini sobbed silently. Karan stepped forward enraged. "Listen, if she is willing to give up, what's your problem?"

Manik rolled his eyes at him. "Such a asshole, you are. Don't you have a heart, you killed her brother. How much more trouble to do want to give her?" he asked solemnly.

Karan smirked. "For whatever she's done to me, she has to suffer for a lifetime" he stared at her infernally while she visibly shuddered.

"Not on my watch." Manik snapped his fingers at him. "I brought her here and she is my responsibility."

He laughed. "Boy, you have to learn so much" he patted his shoulder, while Manik pushed his hand away aggressively.

"Then you'll have to go through me first" He said soberly. "Anything should pass through me first before it goes to her"

"Okay" He shrugged as if he just asked him a piece of cake. "But you will be the reason for your destruction." He tried to him hit in the chest which Manik easily deflected.

Nandini was haphazardly looking around for help. The street was lonely and cold with no call for help.

"Call" she said to herself absentmindedly and searched for her phone. She surreptitiously dialed the police and called for help.

"We will soon be reaching" the voice conveyed.

Manik was easily deflecting all his moves. Karan seemed frustrated. "You! I'll kill you right here." he reached for his pocket and pulled out his revolver. He smiled coarsely. "Nandu, look because of you another man is going to die. Because of you!"

"No!" she sobbed.

Manik reached out to pick the revolver, but was pushed to the ground evasively. "Bye, Bye" He waved at him mockingly and was going to pull the trigger when a piece of brick hit him at the back of his head. He turned around confunded. "Police?" his gaze travelled to Nandini. "You didn't do the right thing" he said brusquely before falling down unconscious.

"Manik!" Nandini ran to him and pulled him in a hug. It brought her so much of peace. He was alright and safe in her arms. She pulled out and cupped his face. "Are you okay, did he hit you badly? It's all my fault. I--I should have not come here with you---" She stammered.

"Shh" he hushed her. "I'm okay. Are you?" she shook her head profusely. "Then, don't worry. Nothing is your fault. He is just a douchebag blaming you for his psychopath adventures." he cupped her face. "You did nothing, trust me." he took her in his arms and soothed her.

"Did you call the police?" she nodded. "See, its because of you we got saved! You are so brave." he consoled her like a child.

Nandini clinged to him as if her life depended on him. He was okay and it made her so happy. He was consoling her like a child that it brought back all those sad memories.

"Was it you who called us?" the inspector asked Nandini and she nodded. "Kuddos, you are so brave. If you would have been a bit late, you would have lost your man" he turned to Manik and smiled. "You too young man, you were so supporting of your girl. Young love, I see" he winked.

Manik and Nandini blushed at each other.

"We will handle him and you guys don't worry" he mouthed them a good night and took Karan with them.

Manik put his hand around her shoulder and escorted to the hotel.

"Nandini, I want an explanation of this" he said solemnly. "I can't wait anymore"

She blinked at him assuringly.

▬▬▬▬

Nandini was waiting for Manik in the table at her balcony. It was a snowy night and the view from her balcony was ethereal. Manik was making coffee for her, she hesitated at first, but he somehow got her to agree.

She took one of the cup and mouthed him a 'thank you' as he brought the coffee cups to the table.

He sat opposite to her and blew the steam vaporising from it. "Story time" he giggled. Finally he is getting to know it.

Nandini inhaled deeply, she has to once again go back to those sad memories, she can't delay anymore, he has already waited a lot and she has tested his patience to the maximum.

"We were four in our family, Mom, Dad, Kunal and me. Kunal, as you know is my elder brother. Obviously as the last person in my family, I was everyone's favourite. My brother was 7 years elder to me and he took great care of me" she choked at the last words. "I loved him very much. Soon enough, we lost our parents to an accident. It was the worst day of our lives. People were saying it is a planned murder and not an accident, but we brushed it away, our parents were gone and nothing could change that."

"At that point of time, my brother was 20 and I was 13 and with no other option he left his higher studies and started to do random jobs, to keep us going and we were good for some years, he later did correspondence courses and got a good job too and he also sent me to college. I was so proud of him." Manik brushed away the tears that were flowing from her eyes. She looked so vulnerable.

"And then he decided to get me married believing I will get the benefits and luxuries which he will not be able to give. I said that I was already in love with a man and my brother agreed to meet him" she paused

Manik held her hand gently and drew circles around her wrist." And?" he chimed.

"Karan came... His family and everything seemed good to our eyes. They convinced by brother that I look like their long-lost daughter and that they would keep me happy." she started sobbing. "if only we knew the meaning of it. The match was fixed and we were both hanging out like love birds. My brother kept on insisting the wedding date, but they kept saying that he wants time and with no other way we obliged. By then my brother found a girl for himself and even before I got married, he got married and settled down. Time went by and one day, when I returned from college, I found the home empty. I got scared. I looked around and found a note stating to come to this place and to save my brother and my bhabhi. Not knowing what to do, I locked the home leaving my nephew alone, I regretted that so much, but I could not take them."

"Neph--"

"Wait. You will understand everything at the end." she smiled in between her tears.

"I went there and Karan along with his family were holding both of them at stake. I asked them what they want and to leave them, but they didn't listen a word. They were bluffing that they wanted revenge. I asked them what have we done to them and what he said broke my already broken heart. He said that they were my father's rival company owners and that they became bankrupt because he found out that their scheming."

Manik's eyes widened." So your parents? "

She nodded in melancholy." Yes. They were murdered by them and all the while they have been plotting to get hands on us and I was such a stupid to fall in love with him"

Manik pulled her in his arms and hugged her tightly. "You are no stupid, Nandini. Any girl would have done that if she were in your position. Don't accuse yourself"

Nandini wiped her tears. "You're right" she drew a deep breath. "They are gone anyway" she smiled sadly. "And then before my eyes, he killed my brother and bhabhi and I was not able to do a thing."

"I am so sorry Nandini, I never knew behind this sass attitude, you have undergone so much." he took her hand in his. "I'm so proud of you. Fate played it's part and it's not your fault. Don't blame yourself."

She hummed in response and hugged him. "You know Manik, I have never told this story in a long time and by saying this to you I'm feeling a lot better." she chirped sadly.

He hugged her back and caressed her head. "And your nephew?" he asked curiously.

Nandini looked above at him. "You didn't understand still?" she smiled.

He gave her a lopsided grin. "Guessing.."

"My nephew's name is Hardik." His eyes widened. "He is my brother and my bhabhi's son"

"But when I asked him his parents name he said Kunal and Nandini" he objected.

She narrowed her eyes at him. "Oh so that's where you know about Kunal?" he smiled at her guiltily. She bit her lower lip and giggled. "My life's complicated right?" he nodded. "Let's complicate more."

"What do you mean?"

"My Bhabhi's name is also Nandini"

"What!" he exclaimed only to see her giggle.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hahaha 😁 so how was it? You see all the loose ends have connected. Some people speculated that, but many could have not seen this coming. Am I right?

So tell me your views. I'm awaiting them and silent readers your views to. Though it's a treat to read all the comments, if I make silent readers comment, I make myself proud. So please comment, share and vote--dil kholke:)

#okaythanksbye

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

515K 37.6K 23
Manik Malhotra, the name itself brings so many emotions in ones mind- love, passion, music and fear. He was a rock star and a businessman for the wor...
107K 4.5K 15
Manik Malhotra and Nandini Murthy once loved each other crazily, but one day a misunderstanding took place and they both got separted. But after 3 ye...
611K 23.8K 28
This is a fan fiction based on the youth show Kaisi Yeh yaariaan- popularly known as KYY. --------- The story revolves around Nandini Murthy- a twen...
109K 5.6K 28
This is about a rich guy Manik Malhotra who is sweet, charming and loves his mother a lot. A great business tycoon.His only problem is that his mothe...