Better Than You | ✔️

By brynnbunker

**FAIR WARNING: YOU WILL HAVE TO BE PATIENT WITH CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT, BUT IT IS THERE, AND WORTH THE READ... More

Playlist
1 | The High-Functioning Sociopath
2| A Porkchop Drowned in Cheetos
3| Much Needed Liquid Encouragement
4| Payback is a Strawberry Cheesecake Milkshake
6| You're a Sadist, Logan Pierce
7| We All Wish we Could be Barbie Swan Lake
8| An Ice Pack For my $5 Foot Long
9| Logan Pierce and Everything Fierce!
10| You Punched Him in The WHERE?
11| A Temporary Alliance With The Devil
12| If You Break This Balloon, I Swear...
13| The Untouchable Logan Pierce
14| A Strawberry Cheesecake Shake For The Button
15| Spill The Tea, Miss Pierce
16| One Last Try
17| Platonic Frenemies?
18| Noah Locke, Devil Reincarnate
19| Another 2 Teenage Lovebirds
20| Is That Jonah?
21| Hannah Montana is The Cure For Everything
22| Things Just Fall Into Place
23| What's Up, Miss Sunshine?
24| Noah Has a Crush!
25| The Truth Will Be Revealed
26| A Two For One!
27| You've Gotta B Aggressive!
28| Hypothetically...
29| Our Little Secret
30| Shut up And Focus on Your Homework
31| Studying at a Fancy Restaurant With No Books in Sight
32| You Just Can't Top Cayden
33| I Hate You
34| Did Somebody Say... PORKCHOPS?
35| A Completely Useless Fling
36| Pizza or Calzone?
37| Love Is A Strong Word
38| What's so Special About Edward in Twilight?
39| Don't Run Away From The Truth
40| This is Noah, My Boyfriend
41| Why Would a Rubber Ducky be Considered Sexual?
42| Thanks, Locke
43| There's Somewhere Else We'd Rather Be!
44| Genevieve, The Bitch
45| The Big Ol' L-Word
46| You Did Not Just Call a Planner a Lovely Lady
47| The Stanford Scholarship
48| She is Beauty, She is Grace. She is Noah's Fantastic Cake.
49| Operation Get Caremy Back Together
50| Pleased With my Geniosity!
51| They Were Your Balls, Pierce
52| I Just Slapped You With a Closed Fist!
53| The One Direction Song Irresistible
54| How Many Times Can Logan Say The Word 'Goddamn' in One Run-on Sentence?
55| You Literally Win Everything, Pierce!
56| You Can Paint my Face Like The Mona Lisa?
57| I Just Had my First Kiss And it Was Gay
58| Who Ever Said a Porkchop Couldn't Dance?
59| You Complete Me, Pierce
60| Project Make Logan do Whatever we Want Even if She's Miserable
61| Don't Scold Me, Mr. Locke.
62| You're My Jeep Boy
63| I'm 50 Shades of Fucked-Up
64| Rosé Means You're a Part of the Family
65| I'm Better Than You, Logan Pierce
Epilogue Part One
Epilogue Part Two
Epilogue Part Three
1 Year Anniversary - Thank you🤍
CHAPTER 59 EXTENDED: Prom Night

5| Nitric Acid and Rubbing Alcohol Just Don't Mix

126K 3.1K 5K
By brynnbunker

5| Nitric Acid and Rubbing Alcohol Just Don't Mix

REVENGE was on my mind right when I woke up on Monday. Getting ready for school, all I could think about was how I was going to get Noah back for dumping my delicious milkshake all over my head. I mean, I had only pushed him in a pool, which was a totally rational thing to do. But only psychos wasted perfectly good milkshakes.

Noah Locke was going down.

I was driving and pulled over in front of Gracie's house to pick her up. She could drive, yes, but it was so easy for me to pick her up as she lived 5 minutes from my house. She walked out of her house, her jet black hair tied back into a high ponytail, wearing a pair of jean shorts and a checkered flannel. She hopped in my car and grinned, but her expression immediately changed.

"Oh no," she said. "You have the vengeance look on your face. That cannot be good."

"Trust me, it isn't," I agreed, then starting to drive again.

"Is this about the milkshake incident you ranted to me about for a full 30 minutes on the phone yesterday?" Gracie asked.

"Yes, it is."

She sighed. "Noah Locke is going to die, isn't he?"

"Death would be too easy of an escape for him," I told her. "So no, I'm not going to kill him. Yet."

"Well this isn't good," Gracie said, pulling out her phone and starting to type viciously.

"What are you doing?" I asked, skeptical of her incessant typing.

"I am warning anyone who might need to be warned that Logan Pierce is out for retaliation, and to be extra cautious around her," she said, smiling at me innocently. I rolled my eyes and focused on the road.

5 minutes later, I pulled into the senior parking lot and parked in my usual spot. Gracie and I both got out of my car and started our short walk towards the school. Upon entering, we were greeted by a nervous-looking Jeremy.

"Good morning lovely ladies!" He exclaimed, and then looked at me and took a step towards Gracie, whispering to her, "Is she going to murder anyone today?"

"I'm literally right here," I said, and Jeremy looked at me apologetically.

"She's not murdering anyone because apparently that's 'too easy of an escape'. But she might just rip someone's dick off."

"Well damn," Jeremy muttered. "Violent."

"I never said anything about dicks!" I explained, and we started walking down the halls. "But I am going to make Noah pay for wasting my milkshake. And by the way, you now owe me another milkshake!"

"What? How does that work?!" Jeremy asked.

"Because, indirectly, you were actually the one who poured a milkshake on my head and wasted it," I told him, and his face was filled with disbelief. He looked towards Gracie as if to say 'that doesn't make sense, does it?'

Gracie only shrugged, which made Jeremy groan. "Fine. I'll buy you another milkshake sometime this week. But if it gets dumped on your head again or if any other milkshake related accidents occur, I will not take responsibility!"

"Deal," I agreed.

✯ ✯ ✯

3rd period was AP chem, and I was barely listening to what Mrs. Evans was saying. I was zoned out. Payback on the mind.

"You're practically burning a hole through his skull," Cayden whispered from beside me.

"What?" I said, snapping back into reality and looking over at Cayden.

"Noah," he said, nodding towards the Demon sitting 3 rows in front of me. "Don't think you're fooling me, Logan Pierce. I got the warning text this morning."

"You got it too?" I asked in disbelief. "How many people did she feel the need to warn?"

"There's a whole group chat."

Cayden turned his attention back to what the teacher was saying, and I sighed as I did the same. I did need to focus, even despite the fact that all I wanted to do was think of ways to ruin Noah. I shook off my thoughts of vengeance and started jotting down notes.

"So now that we've covered the chemicals," Mrs. Evans started, stepping over to her lab table, "we are going to work with those chemicals in a lab. All of the items you need will be right up here, so one partner, please come up and collect your materials!"

Cayden stood up, "I got it."

I reluctantly stood up from the stool I sat on and put my lab goggles on. Cayden walked over with a bucket full of materials and I helped him empty them out on the table as Mrs. Evans discussed the lab with us.

"We want to mix the chemicals we were talking about, but it's up to you to determine what chemicals should and should not be mixed," she informed us.

My eyes lit up and I looked over at Cayden who, catching my expression, widened his eyes in fear.

"You have the entire class period to complete this, followed with a lab report that will be due next class!" Mrs. Evans took a seat back at her desk as we all started.

Cayden began by dumping chemicals together, and I joined in shortly after. "That look on your face doesn't strike me as a good thing," Cayden murmured.

"It's a good thing for me," I informed him.

"But let me guess... not so good for Noah?"

I nodded and Cayden shook his head. "Whatever it is, I just don't want to be a part of it. Got it?"

I saluted him. "You got it."

I waited for the perfect moment. Cayden and I continued mixing chemicals and writing down observations for the report. Simultaneously, I was keeping a close eye on Mr. Noah Locke. He was surely going to regret wasting my milkshake after what I had planned for him.

It was then that Noah stood up and made his way to the front of the classroom to talk to Mrs. Evans. Without a lab partner, he was even weaker. So I took the opportunity and grabbed some of the rubbing alcohol mixture and went over, slowly adding it to Noah's nitric acid. I practically ran back to my station with Cayden..

And then Noah's nitric acid solution was set on fire, and he turned back, looking at it with pure shock. Mrs. Evans ran over to get the fire extinguisher and put his fire out.

"Mr. Locke!" She exclaimed. "Did you mix the nitric acid with alcohol?"

"What— No, I—"

"Well, you don't have a lab partner who could've done it! Be more careful next time!" She scolded before heading back to her seat.

I was silently laughing as Noah looked over and made eye contact with me. I just shrugged at him and he glared. He turned back to his station and Cayden was shaking his head and sighing.

"Why can't you 2 just, I don't know, get along?" He asked in a defeated tone.

"Because," I started, "Nitric acid and rubbing alcohol just don't mix."

✯ ✯ ✯

I was incredibly pissed off because of the scene caused in AP Chem earlier today. It didn't take a genius to discover the fact that Logan had sabotaged my work station. She had declared the start of a war this time, whether that was her intention or not.

She embarrassed me and made Mrs. Evans mad with me, which was just great. Certainly I wouldn't be getting an A on the lab this time. So for that, she was going to pay.

I walked through the hall and made my way to my locker, opening it and shoving my books in. Once I closed the locker, I was greeted by Troy, who once again scared the shit out of me.

"Dude!" I yelled. "You really have got to stop doing that."

"Sorry," he muttered. "Cayden and Tanner are saving us spots at lunch right now. But they said to hurry up."

"Alright, but I'm buying lunch," I said as we started walking to the cafeteria.

"What? You never buy lunch."

I held up a water bottle like the ones sold in the cafeteria. "This is my plan to get back at Logan," I informed him.

"Uh, by giving her a water bottle?" He asked, clearly confused. I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

"You just wait," I told him. I then made my way into the lunch line, squeezing past people so that I could stand directly next to my victim. She looked over and groaned.

"God, do you have to be here right now?" Logan asked, moving along in the line. "You're seriously killing my lunch vibes."

"Oh, so sorry to hear that," I said, grabbing a tray and throwing a pre-made subway sandwich on it. "I'm just getting lunch and I thought, why not stand by my BFF Logan Pierce?"

"Whatever," she grumbled, and she picked up a water bottle, setting it on her tray. Perfect.

As Logan turned her back to her tray to grab a fruit cup, I quickly switched out the water bottle she grabbed for the one I had. Which, by the way, was filled with vinegar and hand sanitizer. Pretty damn gross. Also, maybe slightly dangerous, but she wasn't going to drink the whole thing. And I also didn't even slightly care about her wellbeing.

As she turned back, she glared at me, and I just shot her a fake, innocent smile. She rolled her eyes and went to pay for her meal, and I followed after her. Heading to my own table, I sat down next to Cayden, but my eyes drifted over to Logan's table.

"You're looking over at Logan's table," Cayden said, then sighed. "That can only mean one thing."

I grinned as my friends attention turned towards Logan as well. I watched her open the water bottle and then take a sip and...

She spit it out, spraying the substance all over her table. Logan stood up and searched the lunch room before making eye contact with me and pointing at me. She was furious. And I was just laughing.

"What did you do?!" She yelled from across 3 tables to me. "You fucking Lucifer, Devil spawn—"

Gracie pulled her down from off of the table, and reluctantly she started to eat her lunch. I couldn't stop myself from breaking out into laughter as I turned to Cayden and the others.

"You and Pierce really must hate each other this week," Jordan observed.

"They're at war," Cayden informed him. "So what exactly did you do to her water?"

"I swapped it out for a mixture of vinegar and hand sanitizer," I admitted, which made Jordan and Tanner laugh, but Cayden just shook his head at me. I wrapped my arm around his shoulder.

"Lighten up, Cay," I said. "This is just how war has to be."

✯ ✯ ✯

I feel like we never did any experiments in chemistry that could have resulted in fire... and also I know NOTHING about science literally so don't come at me PLEASE! I am no scientist. I like English. That is it.

This one was all about the revenge. More to come soon.

Okay peace out for now.

💛BABY J

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 18.4K 43
HIGHEST RANKS EVER: #4 in #ENEMIES (2021) #1 in #ENEMIESWITHBENEFITS (2021) #1 in #HUMOR (2020) #1 in #BOYFRIEND (2021) Sometimes in an unproductive...
3.3M 212 5
***Please note that this book has been taken down because it's been published, and you can see only the sample chapters of the published version. You...
6.9K 271 88
At Crenshaw High, when students hear the name Blake Wilder, they think of the scary, hot boy's soccer team captain. The girls all want him and the gu...
82.1K 1.7K 81
Good grades, affluence, and opportunities, Sophia Parrish has everything a 17-year old girl could possibly want. That is, until a summer vacation wit...