The Wolf and The Dragon (Book...

By Akita_Ninjago

Ninjago, after the events of Series 9 & 10 What had really happened between sessions 9 and 11? Who is the Wol... More

Prologue
The Doctor
Nightmares and Visions
A New Quest
Mini-Cole
The Professor
Origins
Bloodline
Beautiful Bloom {the time traveller dragon}
The Princess Save Me
Healing? now or never...
EVERY ENDING IS ALWAYS A NEW BEGINNING
Some Die, Some Live...
Day of the Departed
Love Birds in the Kitchen
The March of the Oni
Down on memory lane
Following the Sunset
Who is The Dragon?
About Last Night
Kim vs Cole
The Fall
The Might Goddess vs The Master of Water
The Jump
The Brutal Attack
Between life and death
The Master of Wind
Falling into a trap
Code 1: A time-critical event with immediate response required
Ninja GO!
The Genji Twins
All together again
Wine on the rooftop
Sunrise Exercise
Romance or Friendship?
The Wall of Fame
The return of the crazy old Lady
Mistake's Advice and Noodles
The heart of The Quiet One
Surprise! - Meeting the second guardian

Hey Rumi...

625 14 5
By Akita_Ninjago

Previously on Ninjago AU:

Lloyd: -" I don't drink coffee, too grown up for me".

Ruby: - "I wouldn't say otherwise" - making Lloyd blush.

Lloyd: -"How long do you know Prof Grey for?"

Ruby: -"Since my senior year on Medical School, I opted for Emergency Neurosurgery, and he ends up being my Professor supervisor, so I very much work for him for almost 2 years, until I graduate and start my residency. He would take me everywhere to access patients with him, and I would prepare his reports, just like you saw Kimberly early one. I know he can come across as quite arrogant, but he is very good on his field"

[Lloyd]

It was very early in the morning, again, another nightmare had woken me up, again Harumi confronting me just before being completely destroyed by wires, blaming me for her fated.

I have given up of trying to go back to sleep, so I just get myself ready, and headed to the hospital, I felt much better once I am there.

It is just 5 in the morning, I pass through Ruby and her team working very hard to save another life into the emergency theatre, I went straight to the ICU, I stand there watching Harumi through the glass, as I normally do, looking for any change or sign of life back to her face, again I lose myself in my thoughts, trying to find a way I could somehow change the course of events that lead to this moment in our lives.

I heard Ruby approaching, she has 2 cups on her hands, hot chocolate, somehow that was a very delicious one. I sip to it, and we grab a place in the coffee area.

-"Are you ok Lloyd? You are earlier than normal, and you don't look like you had much sleep." - Ruby is on her doctor's mode trying to diagnose something wrong with me.

I could just deny as I have been doing over and over again to anyone asking me the same question, but I tell her the truth.

-"I couldn't sleep anymore, I had a nightmare ..." I started

-"How long are you having nightmares for?"

-"To be honest, since we rescued Harumi from that build. It is always the same, she is dying, she is angry, she blames me for everything, for losing her parents, for becoming what she did, and for being where she is now... I can't save her, I try with all my strength, but I failed, over and over again, she is destroying by those wires that I cannot free her from."

-"Lloyd, I am afraid you are suffering from post-traumatic distress, it is very normal after everything you went through. But I believe I can help you."

-"I am not sure what do you have in mind, but I don't want you to refer me to the psychiatric department" -we both laughed remembering she told me that first time we meet.

-"I am sure there are other ways. In fact, what I have in mind can be done here"

-"Please don't take me to the theatre, I have seen what you can do!" - she laughed at me.

-"Come on! Don't be such a baby!" she said, gesturing for me to follow her, we stop in front of the ICU room where Harumi is

-"Wait here a minute" - she disappeared and come back less than a minute later.

-"Here, put this over!" -she said giving me a scrub kit.

Once I finish dressing, she opened the ICU door gesturing for me to get in. I do as told. She locks the door behind us.

-"Am I allowed to be here?"- I ask confused

-"No, but as long as the head of the emergency doesn't see us, we are fine" - she said it referring to herself.

She goes around the other side of the bed and points to each of the equipment, saying the names and what they are for.

-"Lloyd, I have to go now! But I am happy for you to stay a bit longer, I think would be good for you to have some time just the 2 of you. Just please, do not touch her, and try not to let anyone see you leaving. I guess that is quite easy for a Ninja. I have always wondered how do you get in and out without been seen by anyone at the reception" - she smiled as if telling me 'i know you secret', I smiled back.

-"Ruby" - I called her just before she leaves

-"Yes!"

-"Can she heard us?"

-"Clinic speaking, nobody can be sure, there are many researchers about, but none of them fully conclusive. Personally, I think so! Go already talk to her. It is not about what if she can hear or not, but you telling her how you feel. It will help you, trust me."-

-"I do. thank you for doing this" - I genuinely feel very grateful for all she has been doing for me, for us.

-"you are very welcome! I will see you later."

- "Are you here this evening?"

-"No. I will have a day off. I will back the next evening. But if you need any update just speak to one of my team, they will be able to help."

-"Thanks again!"

-"Bye" - she nodded as she left

To be honest, I didn't want to be left alone, but I understand why Ruby did that.

I felt very uncomfortable to start with, I watched her for a while, afraid she would at any minute jump at me start to shout just like my nightmares.

But she looks peaceful, well as peaceful as one can look with tubes and wires coming in and out of its body.

I realised it has been 5 days since the accident, 4 since she is in that bed, and that is how I started to talk to her.

-"hey Rumi, I am not sure you can hear me or not, it has been 4 days since you are here." -"today is Wednesday, and autumn has just started, is getting a bit cooler now."

-"you are in Ninjago Central Hospital, right in front of the Central Park. It is quite a beautiful view from your window!" I said looking through her partial closed blinds over the room window.

-"you've been looked after by Doctor Okami and her team, they are doing everything they can to save your life."

-"I have been coming here every day to see you, but this is the first time I was allowed to come close to you, well not exactly allowed, more like a special consent....."

Without noticing I carried on speaking to her for almost 1/2 hour, and somehow I felt good.

I sneaked out of the ICU, without anyone seeing me, just like Ruby suggests me to do.

I was about to leave the hospital when I bumped into Tom.

-"Hi, Lloyd! Doctor Okami asked me to get this sorted for you" he showed me a piece of paperwork. -"if you aren't in a hurry, I just need to get one more signature and you can take it with you"

-"what is it, Tom?" I asked him

-"Oh! I thought you knew, Doctor Okami placed a request to allow you to enter Harumi's room, whenever you wish" - he explained - "would you mind to wait a few minutes?"

-"Not at all!" - while I waited for Tom, I started thinking of Ruby, how nice and how thoughtful she is, I know part of it is because she is a Doctor, but there is something else about her, and I can't quite understand what it is.

Exactly 7 minutes late Tom was back with the paper, I thanked him and left.

[Ruby]

After I left Lloyd to enter the ICU, I knew I needed to make it officially by request permission, I filled up the paper myself, signed as approver 1, and request Tom to chase another head of the department to place a second signature, and if he sees Lloyd around to handle him the paperwork.

I went to my locker, got my running gear on, place my headphones, and left the hospital, I was quite a chilly morning, autumn leaves are falling in the park.

Ninjago Central Hospital, where I work is just in front of Central Park, and my flat is opposite, just across the Park, a nice 10 minutes walking or 5 running.

I am not a very sporty person, but I love running, and autumn mornings are my favourites. I was almost the other side of the Park, and I had a strange feeling someone or something was following me. I stop, and quickly look around, but I couldn't see anything, but i heard something against the bushes, maybe is just a squirrel, I told myself a bit uneasy. I turn around and run a little bit faster, and I was soon saved at home.

After a warm bath, and some delicious porridge,  I drank the 'Clari-Tea' nestled in my bed and had a very good sleep.

---

-"Hello, Doctor! - It is nice to see you again."

-"Hello Harumi, it is nice to see you too."

-"Thanks for letting Lloyd coming inside, It is good to hear his voice, it is almost like he can forgive me."

-"I am sure he can, he has a good heart."

-"I know! - But I hurt him really bad."

-"Acknowledge your mistakes is the first step for forgiveness" - she silence, tears rolling through her face.

-"I wish I could tell him before I go, how sorry I am."

-"I am sure you will have a chance to tell him yourself."

-"Are you going to help me"

-"I am working on it!"

---

Return to The Tea Shop

-- day 5

[Nya / Pixal & Lloyd ] - Finding The WOLF

Pixal's mainframe is running a new algorithm for over 10 minutes, together Nya and Pixal have been looking for any possible combination of a location where they could find The Lupa or Wolf.

But they were getting nowhere, all the output seems very much random, proven to be folklore tales, told from one generation to another, nothing really credible enough to worth a chase.

Until Pixal ping in a map all the most frequent finds, and the two of them notice something odd, almost like an epicentre, and repeating itself for many, many years. But the most interesting thing is the fact that we all know that location quite well.

-"I am going there" - Nya said -" Can you locate Lloyd? - I think he should go too."

-"Ok! Copy that". - Pixal reply

-"Master Lloyd, are you there?"

Lloyd was just leaving the hospital when his wristband vibrated, and he reconnected the comms link.

-"Hi Pix, what's up?"

-"We just pick some possible clue about The Lupa, Nya is on her way, she thought you might want to join her."

-"Yes, I will join her. Where is she."

-"I am sending your bike, and the location is already set in your sat-nav.

-"I see the Bike! Thanks, Pix!"

-"You are welcome, see you later."

Lloyd sees Nya, she is just in front of the place waiting for him.

-"Mistake Tea Shopping? Really?"

-"I know! - Seems that every mystery in Ninjago always lead us back to her"

-"It is not surprising, now that we know who she is or was, Skyler saw my father killing her, do you think she might still be alive"

-"I don't know. Worth a shot! "

All doors and windows are locked, they call for Mistake, but there was no answer. Nya skilfully opens the back door with one of the tools. They put their gi, and carefully enter the place.

Lloyd has a horrible feeling when he sees his own dry blood over one of the tables, the memories of that horrible night flood his mind.

-"Are you OK?" - Nya notices his expression.

-"Yes! I am fine, it is just...!"

-"I know, that was a horrible night, we thought we would lose you." - she gives him a side hug -" I am so glad Mistake save your life!"

-"She wouldn't have done without you guys!"

They heard a noise, they both jump into combat pose. Lloyd led the way to where the noise was coming from, in the corner of the kitchen there was a familiar creature.

-"Hey, Mistake! It is nice to see you again, we thought you were dead!" - Lloyd starts talking to the Rat. The creature just lifts its front paws, corned itself against the wall and looked very scared.

-"Mistake!" - Lloyd said again -" Is that you? It is OK, it is me, Lloyd, I know you can shapeshift." - he goes to his knees as if trying to gain the creature trust, he looks at Nya.

-"Lloyd, I am not sure that is Mistake!"

-"Maybe not!" - they both stare at the creature for a bit longer, expecting Mistake to re-appear at any moment, nothing happens.

-"Well, I am gone have look around, while you speak to Mistake's Pet". Nya said that point to the Pet food in the corner.

Lloyd laughs and follows Nya, they enter a small room, full of books and shelves. Lloyd starts to look at books, and Nya goes towards the small desk. She grabs a piece of paper and starts to read.

-"Lloyd, you have to see this!" - Nya shows Lloyd the note.

"Hey, Mee!

Where are you? I got your call but didn't have a chance to come to see you earlier. I hope you are alright!

I think I might have found The Dragon, and by the way, you left the books open in your desk I have a feeling you also tracking him. I really need your help, I don't think I can do that by myself.

Please get in touch as soon as you return. X

PS> I am taking the 3 books to my place.

PS2> I fed some cheese to Misty, you know it doesn't like pet food.

PS3> Also got some parchment that fell down from your top shelve and a few bags of tea I will need. + food to Misty.

Lupa"

Lloyd and Nya look at each other:

-"The lupa was here!" - they said in unsound

-"I don't think we are looking for wolf Lloyd! Unless this wolf can write."

-"And whatever she is, she needs help, she doesn't know Mistake is dead."

-"And the Rat's name is Misty"

-"Well, looks like they, Mistake and the Lupa, know each other quite well."

-"Look, she has been here more than once" - Nya point to the line with 'PS3>'

-"Different pen! - Lloyds spotted

Lloyd is looking at the top shelf, he sees Misty's paw prints on dusty, and also the mark left as parchment fell down, but something else caught his eyes, an old fashion notepad, it has a title: "Oni-Dragon bloodline" - He put that in his pocket.

-"Hey Misty!" - Lloyd tries to be friends with the Rat that just joined them in the room -" So, I just find out you know who the Lupa is, maybe you can help me find her."

-"Lloyd! Are you going mad?" - Nya teased him - "Let's go, I will get this to Pix, we might be able to find something"

---

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.8K 1.4K 54
Hi guys! This is my first time actually writing a book and publishing it! So this story takes place after crystalized. The ninja have still not yet f...
29.2K 520 21
✿✿SPOILERS FOR CRYSTALIZED✿✿ After the events of Crystalized, Harumi is sent to court where she was about to face the ultimate punishment: death. To...
66.4K 2.2K 31
When an unexpected competitor arrives at the tournament of elements, y/n realizes that her and the ninja are in more danger than they realize. Instea...
9.4K 261 39
(Takes place during March of the Oni) (Book Cover is mine! Please don't take it without permission!) Lloyd is the green ninja and Harumi is the Quie...