Survival of the fittest✔️

By AnotherFangal

BTS Apocalypse AU In a world where half the population are living and half are the living dead, you need to b... More

1. The Apocalypse
2. Interrogation
3. Information Revealed
4. Arguments
5. Warnings
6. Scars
7. Scouting
8. Discussions
9. Midnight run
10. Trust formed
11. Everything's changed
12. Dull travelling
13. Unexpected Refuge
14. Teasing from both sides
15. Worried
16. Oh shit
17. Messy Return
18. Scouting
19. Gasoline
20. Burning
21. Pointless graveyard
22. Town
23. Hand her over
24. A safe place to rest
25. Close call
27. Hope
28. Group meeting
29. Deep talk and new clothes
30. Bonding time
31. Into you
32. Truck Chase
33. Long journey chats
34. Dark night
35. Storytime with Jin and Hobi
36. Oncoming horde
37. No bullet in the head today
37. A little push
38. Taehyung's advice
39. We're not alone
40. Ji-booty
41. Don't jinx us
42. Just keep swimming
43. No such thing as luck
44. Almost lost
45. Escape story
46. Innocence killed
47. Rooftop camp
48. Jealousy
49. Emergency Exit
50. Baehyun
51. Woo
52. I think we're even.
53. B
54. This is the end.
55. Final destination

26. Storytime

4.4K 194 16
By AnotherFangal

(1st June)

Neither you nor Jungkook mentioned the kiss you'd shared over the next few days while staying in the Town Hall. That didn't stop him from sleeping with you though, the two of you shared the double mattress on the floor where he would snuggle into your back every night. You didn't mind, it was very comforting feeling his strong, muscly arms wrapped around your waist all night keeping you feeling safe and warm.

Namjoon still wasn't 100% sure what you'd done to your ankle. The trainee doctor had found a big stick that you were using as a crutch to hobble slowly around the hall. You were thrilled after being bored trapped in that room for ages, you could put a little bit of weight on it but you couldn't do it for long without it hurting.

You were sat on one of the sofas downstairs with just Yoongi. Taehyung was on the balcony keeping a lookout while Jungkook and Jimin were checking the supplies downstairs and the others had gone to check out more of the town.

You glanced at Yoongi sat on the opposite sofa sleeping, your eyes racked curiously over his scar. You wondered, like you had many times before how he'd got his scar.

"What?" He suddenly questioned not opening his eyes. He made you jump but you were going to grasp at the opportunity at being alone with him to ask how he got it. Last time you asked he said he only told people he trusted. You wondered if he trusted you yet.

"I'm just curious," you started tentatively.

"About what?" He asked opening one eye and looking at you with a blank expression.

"Your scar," you continued hoping he would tell you.

He sighed getting comfortable on the sofa and closed his eye again, "What exactly do you want to know about it?"

"How you got it," You answered hoping he wouldn't get annoyed or push you away. He sighed even louder and got up abruptly. You thought he was going to walk away but instead, he sat on the sofa next to you with a calm expression.

"You want to know how I got it?" You nodded eagerly.

"As long as you don't mind. You told me last time that you didn't trust me enough."

"True, I did," he nodded slowly, but that didn't give you any clues as to if he trusted you or not.

"Do you?" You pushed him nervously. He didn't do anything for a moment like he was in a dream, but then he suddenly nodded once. A small smile broke across your face at your victory.

"Do you trust me?" He asked glancing at you casually.

You nodded, "I trust all of you. I'd follow you blindly if I had to."

"That's good," he muttered mysteriously, "I guess I could tell you then." You felt pleased that he trusted you, he seemed like the most secretive and unpredictable member.

You sat more deeply in the sofa excited for his story. "I got it when I first met Namjoon and Jin."

"Had you not met the others yet?" You asked hoping he wouldn't be annoyed that you interrupted him but he didn't mind.

"Not at that point we hadn't," he shook his head, "Anyway, at the start, it was just me Namjoon and Jin hyung wandering out together trying to survive to put it simply. One day we ran into a guy, around our age, fighting a group of Biters on his own. Hobi. We helped him obviously, a Biter jumped on Namjoon and was on top of him. No one else noticed so I tackled it to get it off him."

As he spoke you could imagine the scene in your head as if you were there.

"It was a strong one and we rolled until it was on top of me. I pushed it off and killed it but then another one appeared, before I registered it was there," he gestured to scar with his hand then letting it fall back onto his leg with a flopping sound. 

His story sounded almost identical to how you got yours, trying to help a loved one, it was a shame you weren't as successful trying to save the person, however.

"At the time we didn't know if I was going to turn or not. Hobi took us back to the house he was staying in and I told them to lock me in the basement just in case."

Pain flashed across his eyes for a split second and you assumed the memory was hard for him to think about. That's why he was secretive with it, not because of how he got it but because of how he reacted to it.

"Namjoon would come in every day and sit with me. I told him not,  I didn't want to hurt him when I turned. He refused to leave me because I saved him, I got my scar saving him. After a few weeks past and we realised I wasn't going to turn, Namjoon took me out and hugged me. He said he could sense the good in me even when I thought I was going to turn."

You couldn't imagine how happy Yoongi was when Namjoon didn't abandon him. The feeling of being loved is such a pure and innocent thing that can make all the difference in a person.

"What happened then?" You asked wanting to know more about him now he had started talking.

"The four of us were snuck up on by Jimin while scavenging, he's the quietest person I know and you'll only realise he's there when it's too late. Taehyung was with him and he can shoot anything, he's amazing. Namjoon was impressed and asked them to join us, they agreed knowing there's safety in numbers. It took us a while to trust each other but we got there eventually."

"What about Jungkook?" You asked as he smiled talking about meeting his brothers.

"We found Jungkook when he was 18 as we arrived at the Warehouse, he was very hostile and didn't trust any of us," he chuckled slightly, "Scared and alone he was attacked by a gang, we killed them and saved his life at the last second. After that he let us stay there and we became our group. We bonded in the few years we started there, then you came along and you know the rest."

You were happy he'd told you because it gave you a small insight into his brain and how all the guys met.

"What about you?" he changed the subject.

"What about me?" you frowned smiling.

"How did you manage to get into a group like Baehyun's? He's not the most forgiving type, I heard he kills first and asks questions later." He said a curious smile on his face.

"Yeah, that is true," you nodded chuckling, "I only got into his group because he and my dad used to be friends. I guess he felt like he had a duty to look after me."

"Oh," he sighed, "If we ever meet him in the future, what should we do? Does he have a weak spot or anything like that?"

You thought for a moment trying to remember as much about the cruel man as possible, "He used to be really nice, he was so generous and selfless. My family would go to his house for dinner at least once a week. Anyway, after the Infection started he changed. His group is majority male with a few women that are personal friends. If anyone he doesn't know comes to his group he just kills them, I'm not sure why. I always thought it had something to do with trust."

"Probably, people change when the ones they love are threatened," Yoongi added sounding wise. "What exactly happened with you two? I know you told us what happened with your brother and his family but tell me in detail. That's if you don't mind," he checked at the end just in case.

You didn't mind telling him the story, you liked to make it dramatic.

"Well, after he killed my brother I was upset, furious and well not in a good place. I was completely blinded by wanting to get revenge on him and was prepared to use anything against him. I remember he asked me to take something back to his office one day."

You paused for a moment so he could keep up. "I was about to leave when I heard this weird groaning noise from under the floor. I'm a curious person so, obviously, I wanted to investigate. Eventually, I found a secret trap door under a rug on the floor."

"That sounds like something you'd see in a drama," he laughed showing a cute gummy smile you'd never seen before.

"That's what I thought," you joined in his laughter. "Anyway, I broke the lock on the trap door and opened it, I knew there were Biters inside because of the smell it was horrible. I flashed a torch in there and saw a woman, his wife. She was chained to the wall by her neck, his two children both chained either side of her. He had a son, he was 10 I think and he had a daughter she looked around 11, maybe 12."

"That's sick," Yoongi said with a disgusted look on his face, "I mean I understand not wanting to lose someone but surely closure is better and more healthy than watching them turn into something less than human." You nodded in agreement.

"I called for him and he jumped down into the trap door with me. I asked him what he was doing and he said he couldn't say goodbye to them because he loved them too much." You scoffed at the end of the sentence, "He didn't let me say goodbye to my brother so why should he force them to stay in here." 

You paused then continued, "In my determination to make him feel whar I felt, I shot each of them in the head. He was so distraught over them I managed to get out of his office and to the fence around his compound before he raised the alarm. His men chased me through the north side of the forest for ages. I managed to climb up a tree and they lost me. After that, I arrived at the Warehouse and then I met you guys."

He nodded after hearing your full story, "That's pretty cool."

"Yeah," you chuckled.

"I agree with you for killing his infected family," he said sounding like a proud father at his kid's sports day.

"How come?" you asked curiously.

"Well, for one, he killed your brother and it must have felt good getting revenge." You nodded a smirk on your face. "And if you'd never done it you never would have met us and we wouldn't be here."

He gestured around the Townhall with a smile on his face.

"The world works in strange ways," you sighed nodding, "Strange ways."

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, you know what to do if you did.

Lotta love,
AFG

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.1K 3.1K 61
Disclaimer: *This story was heavily inspired by the video game called 'The Last of Us' and any similarities will be because of that. Most characters...
58.7K 2.1K 72
"THE STAGE WILL HAVE THEIR POOL OF BLOOD ONCE WE SHOOT THEM ONE BY ONE AND THAT'LL BE THEIR...BLOODY CONCERT" You can now clearly see their faces fro...
13.9K 811 68
Book 1 in the SAVE ME Series "We're going to be okay, hyung. We are all doing the best we can. No one was prepared to live this kind of life. We'll g...
148K 5.4K 46
"Park Jimin you better start fucking running!!" - Meeting your idol in a zombie apocalypse wasn't exactly how you wanted it to happen, but hey! It ca...