Man of the Shadows (And Other...

By _toiletwater_

A collection of short horror stories. Some aren't mine (some were two-sentence horror stories) but rather on... More

Under the Bed
The Funeral
Neighbors
The Children
Two Sentence Horror Stories
The Apartment
Strange Shadow
Vision or Nightmare?

Man of the Shadows

43 7 4
By _toiletwater_

This was truly terrifying. I would NEVER want to experience this again.

WARNING: Do not read unless you want nightmares.

Jk.

Enjoy. . .

Man of the Shadows

I went to bed after a long day. Tired.

I listened to music to help me calm down and fall asleep and in a few minutes, I was peacefully sleeping. My eyes closed and my body covered in blankets.

A Few Hours Later

I woke up. Though it didn't feel like it. I was unsure of the time. Maybe 2 or 3 am. But that was the least of my worries.

I couldn't move. I was unable to. It was an odd feeling. Never had I had this happen. It was like I was frozen. But, still breathing and blinking.

I felt paralyzed.

I laid there. With my arms at my sides.

And it was at this time I was more horrified than I had already been.

My eyes had darted to the doorway after having a strange feeling, like being watched. I noticed something strange.

It was a man. A shadowy figure. It had a long coat and a hat. But I was only able to see part of him.

He was peeking at me.

I couldn't see any eyes. Only a dark face.

I tried to look away but I couldn't move.

So I stayed there. Still. Terrified.

The man was certainly not my dad. It wasn't anyone of my family.

It wasn't a human.

It was a figure. A shadow.

After a few moments, I must've fallen asleep. I don't recall anything else happen after I slept. I woke up the next morning just fine. Though I still remembered what had happened.

I was afraid to walk out of the room. Remembering where the figure stood. I still remember and I'm still afraid. 

Who was that? What was that?

Who was the man of the shadows by my doorway?

Sleep paralysis: Temporarily being unable to move or speak. Can occur when falling asleep or waking up. Can sometimes be frightening.

Thank you for reading. I hope you enjoyed. I surely enjoyed sharing my story and will certainly add more later on.

See ya. ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.6K 910 16
waking up to find yourself in a strange room, in a different time, with a different life, different friends, being chased by different slashers...
397K 10.1K 36
This is a Collection of Real Life Horror stories. These stories are told by various different people who personally experienced paranormal events.
99.5K 2.9K 44
Anna was a complete mess when her mom died. She became a clam and suicidal. After an attempt on her life, sixteen year old Anna is sent to an instit...
5.8K 748 22
TITLE - I'm Flirting with a Man in the Supernatural World Supernatural world မှာ မင်းနဲ့ flirt ကြမယ် ချူဟွိုက် + ကျင်းထျန်းယိ Description 💥 ချူဟွိ...