Anpawman [BTS] βœ“

By moonvanjoon

[Hybrid AU] [βœ“] It was all supposed to be fun and games. He wasn't supposed to arrive late and get locked out... More

-Intro-
Prologue
001
002
003
004
005
006
007
008
009
010
012
013
014
015
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
023
024
025
026
027
028
029
030
031
032
033
034
035
036
037
038
039
040
041
042
043
044
XXX
045
046
047
048
049
050
051
052
053
Epilogue
Thank You

011

5.1K 310 65
By moonvanjoon

Even though we were the closest patrol near the area where the distress signal came from, it took us a while to get to the destination, being that it is located on the outskirts of the city.

Namjoon lets out a shaky breath as he parks the car, his muscles tense when he looks at me, and his gaze says everything.

We didn't have time to take the boys home, our only option was to bring them with us, but that just means that we are putting them in danger. Especially since we don't really know what we are dealing with.

Letting out a shaky breath of my own, I place my hand on top of Namjoon's, giving it a slight squeeze.

"Let's go check it out." I say softly, my eyes not meeting his, but nonetheless, out of the corner of my eye I see him nod.

Namjoon reaches his hand over to my side, opening the compartment and taking out his weapon, his hand slightly shaking as he prepares to get down.

Jungkook's eyes land on Namjoon's gun as it clicks and he places it back on the holdster. He doesn't say a word but his shoulders are slightly raised, nervousness shown as he slightly chews on his bottom lip.

"Don't worry Jungkook, it's just protocol. We usually don't use them." Namjoon reassures and Jungkook slightly nods his head.

Namjoon turns around and ruffles the boy's hair, giving him a dimpled smile before he opens the door and gets down.

"Please stay in the car and lock the doors as soon as we are out." I say opening my door. "We will be back as soon as we can."

Giving a small, not so confident smile of my own, I follow Namjoon as he makes his way to the house, his footsteps slow and careful as we approach, probably assessing the situation.

As we approach the porch of the house, a lady waves as she sees us, ushering over with her hands.

"Good evening ma'am." Namjoon says bowing. "I am detective Kim and this is my partner detective Lee." He says pausing for a second, the lady returning the bow.

"We received a call earlier in the dispatch. Would you mind explaining what you found?" He asks and the lady nods, guiding us to the back of her house.

"I think that there is something hiding in the barn." She explains, her lamp lighting up only half of her face. "We had really bad rain up until yesterday and this afternoon when I went to check on the barn I heard something inside."

Namjoon nods as she explains, his eyes throwing me a questioning look, but I shrug in response.

"Take a look for yourselves." The lady says pointing to the barn and retreating back into her house.

I give Namjoon an unsure look and he gives me a slight nod, his hand reaching for the gun in the holdster in case we need it.

So far it doesn't seem like we are dealing with another dead hybrid, but my senses are still going crazy as we open the door of the barn, an audible growl filling the air.

I narrow my eyes as I scan the place, trying to make out the shadow of whatever there is inside, my eyes landing on a pair of flowing eyes, realization hitting me.

It's a hybrid.

Namjoon seems to notice too because his hand moves from hovering around the gun, to lifting it above his hand in a peaceful manner.

Together, we slowly approach the figure, never losing eye contact as we go, but as we get closer, the hybrid lets out a lower, longer growl, more menacing than the one before, making us stop in our tracks.

The tension in the air is suffocating, no one wanting to move a muscle, that is until there is a deep growl next to me and I'm surprised to see Taehyung standing protectively in front of us, growling back at the other hybrid.

"T-Tae?" I call out but it comes out as a mere whisper. Behind us, someone tugs our sleeves and Jungkook slightly pulls us to the back.

"Let Taehyung handle this one." He says in a soft voice.

The staring and growling continues, until the other hybrid eventually grows quiet and looks away.

"Can we talk now?" Taehyung says and the hybrid slowly nods.

Taehyung walks closer to him, taking a seat next to him on the ground. "When did you get out?"

"A few days ago." The hybrid replies. "But I got caught in the storm."

Taehyung nods and looks at us. "Can we take him with us?"

His sudden request is unexpected, but Namjoon and I immediately nod without hesitation.

"I'm not going with any humans." The hybrids growls getting into a defensive stance.

"They are not 'any humans'." Taehyung says softly. "They are the ones that rescued my brother and I when we got lost."

"You trust them?" The hybrid asks and Taehyung nods enthusiastically.

"They've taken good care of my brother and I, and besides, we know a place where you'll be safer than out on the streets."

The hybrid thinks about for a while, his ears moving as I speak up.

"Please come with us. We just want to help you." I say, but instead of looking at me, the hybrid turns to look at Taehyung, almost as if asking for his opinion, to which Taehyung responds with a nod.

"Alright." The hybrid agrees. "But I'm not responsible for defending myself if I feel threatened."

"Deal." Namjoon says.

The boys quietly make their way back to the car while we go and talk to the lady, explaining that there seemed to be a wild animal that got trapped inside her barn due to the storm.

"That's a relief." The lady says. "I live by myself and I was scared that someone had broken in."

"Does that usually happen around this area?"

"Sometimes I hear strange things in the forest," the lady says, "but I'm too scared to check it out."

Something about her statement gives me a weird feeling. Namjoon must have sensed it too because with a bow, he bids goodbye.

"Thank you ma'am." Namjoon says bowing once more, the lady sweetly smiling  at him as she waves at us.

"We have to come back." I whisper and Namjoon nods his head glancing back.

"Definitely."

                                                                     ***

The car ride back to the Anpanman facility is really awkward, the new hybrid's eyes baring into the back of our heads through the whole drive.

"We're here." Namjoon announces, the hybrid immediately eyeing the facility as we park.

Almost as soon as we step out of the car, we get attacked by Jin, who bombards us with questions as soon as we are on sight.

"Hyung, calm down." Namjoon says holding on to the older boy's shoulders. "We need to get him treated first."

"Right. Of course." Jin says looking at the hybrid. "Sorry, I got carried away." He adds bowing to the hybrid, who eyes him with curiosity. "Follow me then."

Taehyung takes the lead, and the hybrid follows with us right behind them, but still keeping a distance so he doesn't feel threatened.

The examination room was already prepared, the tools needed on display as Jin guides the hybrid to the table.

"Do you have a name?" Jin asks looking into the hybrid's eyes, the ladder dropping his gaze to the ground.

"N-no."

"That's alright." Jin says with a small smile. "We can work on that later."

"I get to chose my name?" The hybrid asks finally meeting Jin's eyes.

"Of course. But before we do that I need you tell me if you have a wounds that need immediate attention, if not, you can take a shower and I'll patch you up after."

The hybrid shakes his head and Jon hands him a pair of clean clothes, which he gratefully takes.

"T-thank you."

                                                                ***

An hour later, the hybrid is cleaned up and ready to call it a day, but not before Namjoon asks him some questions.

"Do you mind if I ask some questions?" Namjoon says and the hybrid hesitantly nods. "You don't have to answer anything you don't feel comfortable with."

"Okay."

"Umm....lets see..." Namjoon starts starching his temple. "Let's start with something basic. Where did you come from?"

"The facility."

"Okay." He says writing it in his notepad. "Were you followed?"

"Yes, but I lost them in the forest."

"Last question." Namjoon says noticing the hybrids tired eyes. "What brought you to the city?"

The hybrid shifts on his seat uncomfortably, and Namjoon purses his lips. "Okay, you don't have to answer if it doesn't feel safe."

"It's not that." The hybrid says. "What are you going to do with the information?"

"Nothing. We are just trying to protect the hybrids against whatever it is that is after them."

The hybrid purses his lips and gives a small nod. His voice barely audible as he answers. "I was looking for Min Yoongi."

I GOT A LITTLE CARRIED AWAY WITH THIS CHAPTER BUT I HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT^^

THANK YOU FOR READING^^

-VAN

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

486K 26.1K 80
Y/N has a steady job and lives alone, that is, until she tags along with her friend to the shelter. Jimin, Hobi, and Yoongi have been waiting to get...
3K 258 16
♀ 'Everything that comes out of his mouth feels like a threat wrapped in velvet.' ♀ β—‡ NEW CHAPTER EVERY WEEK β—‡ The moment you first laid eyes on him...
355K 15.3K 52
❝ Life is a daily oscillation between revolt and submission. ❞ In a society where Hybrids were still rejected and discriminated, a young male Hybrid...
29.3K 1.6K 43
Cara Randall has dedicated her life to helping protect and save hybrids. Her hospital and shelter, Sanctuary, helps the injured or mistreated hybrids...