Long Way From Love (Mark Free...

By JoviEurope83

Mark Free and Lissa are childhood friends, their relationship is put to the test when Lissa is kidnapped and... More

Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 2: After School
Chapter 3: After School Part 2
Chapter 4: Pizza Hut Mishaps?
Chapter 5: Give a Little Bit
Chapter Sixx: OWWWW, this hurts
Chapter 7: Are you drooling over Robert Plant?
Chapter 8: I'm In love with my car
Chapter 9: Graduation
Chapter 10: Are you okay?
Chapter 11: Morning Accidents, Nighttime Concerts.
Chapter 12: I'll never leave you
Chapter 13: Your In W.A.S.P!!!
Chapter 14: Photo-shoot
Chapter 15: I don't like her
Chapter 16: Um... Mark?
Chapter 17: Dancing With Desire
Chapter 18: I think I have enough money?
Chapter 19: I'm Buying The Furniture.
Chapter 20: Food
Chapter 21: Help Move
Chapter 22: Good Night, Good Morning
Chapter 23: I guess it's lunch.
Chapter 24: I hate saying goodbye.
A/N and Valentines day special.
Chapter 26: I hate saying goodbyes, part 2.
Chapter 27: A Biscuit.
Chapter 28: I hate doing stuff
Chapter 29: Sleep, Eat, Get Hit In The Face, Repeat.
Chapter 30: Raccoon!
Chapter 31: Back Home
Chapter 32: You Need to Eat!
Chapter 33: Good morning, another day.
Chapter 34: New Years
Chapter 35: New Years, Part two.
Chapter 36: Strange Start to a New Year
Chapter 38: Who knew one could hate flying so much?
Chapter 39: But I don't want to wear a dress!
Chapter 40: Promotional things are boring.
Chapter 41: You're going on Tour!
Chapter 42: Meh, it's nothing but a few aches
Chapter 43: It's Just A lot
Chapter 44: Going on Tour!
Chapter 45: Crappy Hotel Rooms and Opening for Maiden
Chapter 46: Up's And Downs Of Tour
*Writing improvement at this chapter* Chapter 47: I don't feel older...

Chapter 37: Another year closer to death, Happy Birthday Mark

18 3 10
By JoviEurope83

April 2, 1985

I was up in the morning, doing nothing but sitting down drinking coffee. Mark was asleep, I don't blame him, he was probably jet lagged. I picked him up from the air-port last night around ten. He already had bags under his eyes from lack of sleep so I just let him sleep in this morning instead of waking him.

I looked around the kitchen until something caught my eye. A calendar. I looked at the dates and something hit me. Mark's birthday is coming up, April twelfth. He's gonna be twenty-three.

An idea came to mind. I rushed up the stairs, and into the bedroom. Being quiet so I didn't disturb Mark. I changed into ripped, black jeans and a shirt that had a guitar on it and said 'Rock N' Roll.'

After that, I grabbed my shoes then ran back down the stairs. Once finding a pen and paper, I wrote

Hey Mark, I'm going' out for a little bit so if you wake up in time to see this, there's food in the fridge. I'll be back around eleven, bye.  

I through the note on the counter then grabbed his car key's and ran out of the house to his car. I got in and drove off to the nearest store. 

Once I got in there, I grabbed accouple of random things then went to check out. Something caught my in the check out line, a magazine. The front of it had a picture of Carmine on it, the head line read, 'Ex-Vanilla Fudge drummer decide's to modernize his style in a new band after touring with Ozzy Osbourne and Motley Crue, Open to find out more.'

I quickly grabbed the magazine, opening it up to skim through it, I decided to buy it and look at it later. So, I bought it along with other stuff. I got back in the car and drove back to the house. 

By the time I got out it was around eleven o'clock. I walked inside to see Mark sitting down at the table, drinking coffee. He was looking at the note.

He then glanced up to see me. I smiled at him then quickly through the bag I had in a closet so he couldn't see what I got.

"Where did you go?" He questioned. "Out." I answered, sarcastically. "Where." He rolled his eyes. I sat down in the chair next to his and laughed. "Your birthday is coming up, I went out and got you stuff so I didn't have to do it last minute." I explained.

"Oh yeah, thanks then." Mark grinned and pulled my chair closer to his. The action surprised me and I let out a very high pitched sound. That caused him to laugh and my face to go a bright shade of red.

April 12, 1985

The very beginning of the morning light started to shower in through the window. I kicked the cover's off of me, it was burning up.

"Uh, it's hot in here, so what do you do. You throw cover's on me." Mark groaned from next to me. He flipped over to face me. My eyes shot open to see him covered in sheets and covers. I stifled a laugh as I helped him push them off.

Mark wrapped an arm under my back and pulled me closer to him, my head rested on the top of his bare chest. "Do you feel older." I whispered. "Yep, another year closer to death." He buried his face in to the top of my head.

His other arm wrapped around me. "Mmm, it's been so long sense I've held you. I can't believe I've been away for so long, more then two months." Mark mumbled into my bed hair. "Off-subject." I quietly laughed. His grip on me got tighter, making me feel secure.

"Do you want to go out and eat for breakfast." He asked. "Why ask me, it's your birthday, you do what you want to do." I replied. "Yeah but, I want to do what you want to do." 

"Aww, your to good for me." I watched him. He just stared at me. "Other way around." Mark mumbled. "Yeah, and were not even together on top of that." I rolled off the bed standing up.

Mark watched me, lazily. He didn't move. "Get up, birthday boy." I told him. He closed his eyes and rolled over to his right side, no longer facing me. "Get up, this was your idea to go somewhere, so get up." 

He pretended to snore. I rolled my eye's and grabbed a pillow, proceeding that by smacking him upside his head. 

"Okay, I'm up, I'm up." He quickly jumped up, raising his hand's in surrender. I laughed as I walked over to my clothes. 

I decided on jean short's and a loose-fitting white Aerosmith shirt. I looked over my shoulder to see Mark, he wasn't looking at me. So, I quickly stripped of my sleeping clothes, which were short's and one of Mark's shirts, then slid on the clothes I had picked out.

I looked in the mirror, my right shoulder was exposed, well all of it but for what my bra-strap covered. It also accoured to me that I was kinda pale. Meh, who doesn't like looking like they have never seen the sun.

I brushed my brown hair before going down stairs to let Mark change. I lazily fell back on the couch and waited, is was only around 7:30. He soon came down, he was wearing jeans and a black shirt. 

"You ready." He held his hand out for me to take. "Yeah." I grabbed his hand, he pulled me up.  We went outside. I got in the car while he was locking the door, he got in after he was done.

"Where are we going?" I asked. "You'll see." He gave me a short response. We were in the car for maybe five minutes before he stopped in the parking lot at some diner.

I've always'ed loved diners. The atmosphere of them has just always given me that homey feeling. I especially like it early in the morning before the sun is up and your the only one awake and eating early at a diner, usually at that time in the morning there is two types of people. One's travelling and ones who work early.

Mark held the door open for me. "Thank you." I spoke. He nodded and followed me. We sat down in at a table right next to the counter. 

A waitress soon came over and asked us what we wanted to drink. "Coffee and water, please." I answered her. "Water." Mark said. She gave us a smile before walking off. Her hair was up in a bun, it was also a brownish blond color. She looked to be in her late thirty's or early forties.

"Here y'all go." She gave us the drinks we ordered. It was then I knew for a fact she was southern. "Thank you, ma'am." Mark gave her a polite smile, which she returned. "What do you two want for food?" She questioned, taking out a yellow note pad.

"Bacon and toast." I told her. She nodded her head then turned to Mark expectantly. "Same as her just with eggs too."

It wasn't long 'till our food came back. I ate it all fairly quickly, Mark did too. And before I knew it she came out with a check.

"Can I pay?" I pleaded. "No." Mark shook his head. "Please." I begged. "Nope." He said again. "Please?" My voice went high pitched. "Not a chance." Was his response right before he gave the women twenty dollars. 

"Wow." I sarcastically rolled my eyes. "Poor you." Mark mocked me. I hit his arm, he just grabbed my hand and kissed it. The waitress watched us and laughed. "You two look cute together, have a nice day." She called as we walked out.

I wanted so badly to yell, 'But were not together.' But I didn't. Mark chuckled at how tense I got when she said that.

And so the day went on. I gave Mark his present's. I think the records I got him were his favorite. 

I was now cooking him dinner. He was on the phone with Carmine right now, I have no idea why. I got done cooking and set everything down on the table. I got Mark water and beer out of the fridge, I just got myself water.

He came in after sometime, a strange look on his face. "I have to go back to California for another promotional thing." Mark had an absent look on his face.

"Oh." Was all I said, sitting down. "Wait, Lissa. Would you come with me? Carmine said that Mick was bringing his girlfriend and Carmine himself is bringing someone, I don't think it's his wife but he's bringing a girl. So, would you come, not as my girlfriend or we're together but would you come with me?" Mark seemed kind of nervous to ask me.

"Of course I'll go, when do we leave." I raised an eyebrow. "In about four day's." He ran a hand through his hair.

"Okay, yeah, I'll go." I smiled excitedly. Once we were done with that conversation, me and Mark decided to go to sleep.

It didn't take long for me to drift off into a deep sleep, the only thing I remembered before going to sleep was Mark giving me a kiss on my forehead and thanked me for a great birthday. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

I literally had the whole chapter written this morning but it deleted. I hate that helpless feeling of knowing you have to write the whole chapter again. This chapter is kind of rushed but I can promise you that the original version was better, I just didn't get it posted. Nothing in this chapter was true other than April 12 is his birthday. Today is April 12 so happy birthday Mark Free. Ahh, I'm emotional over that. Today is also David Cassidy's birthday. David Cassidy is that one person that takes me away from Rock. And random trivia, Mark Free did backing vocals for David Cassidy in 1990, I was shocked when I found that out, it was kind of funny. Other than that Vote, Comment, Follow and ahhhhhhhhhhhhh my baby (Mark Free) is another year older!!! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 106K 40
When college student Emmy joins an online support group at the encouragement of her therapist, the last thing she expects is to connect with the lead...
4.6K 95 29
COMPLETEDâś… Two high school teenagers finding themselves, analyzing this ever changing world, and building love. This is the type of love you wish you...
363 52 12
Meet Leon, the charming high school boy who's been told his looks were always a "gift". On the outside it looks like he had everything he could ever...
68.7K 860 8
Riley is comfortable with being in the dark until Julia shows up with the way to start the light. She knows that she can't let Julia go but being in...