Ache and Hunger ~Complete~

By wannabeloved3

Everyone has an ache and hunger, some people are just better at hiding it than others. And some people run fr... More

Warning!
What they look like to Me
Chapter 0: Prologue
Chapter 1: The Snap Part 1
Chapter 2: The Snap part 2
Chapter 3: It's Been A While
Chapter 4: Adulting is hard
Chapter 5: His dream girl
Chapter 6: Falling Easily
Chapter 7: Fight for her
Chapter 9: Some Truths
Chapter 10: Counseling a Cupid
Chapter 11: On Her Own
Chapter 12: Pent Up (Part 1)
Chapter 13: Pent up ( Part 2)
Chapter 14: Temptation for a Demon
Chapter 15: One Answer, Two questions
Chapter 16: Rollercoster of Emotions
Chapter 17: His Favorite Sin (Part 1)
Chapter 18: His Favorite Sin ( Part 2)
Chapter 19: His Favorite Sin ( Part 3)
Chapter 20: His Favorite Sin (Part 4)
Chapter 21: The Morning After (part 1)
Chapter 22: The Morning After (Part2)
Chapter 23: The Morning After (Part 3)
Chapter 24: My Best friend and My brother
Chapter 25: Girl talk, Tea and A kiss
Chapter 26: Procrastinating
Chapter 27: A Week Without
Chapter 28: Demons Don't Apologize
Chapter 29: An Angel's First Ache
Chapter 30: A Taste
Chapter 31: Bite and Backbone
Chapter 32: Helping and Safeguards
Chapter 33: Witness His Favorite sin (Part 1/4)
Chapter 34: Witness His Favorite Sin (Part 2/4)
Chapter 35: Witness His Favorite Sin (Part 3/4)
Chapter 36: Witness His Favorite sin (Part 4/4)
Chapter 37: Morning Care
Chapter 38: High
Chapter 39: Open and Foggy
Chapter 40: Denial, Distraction, and Foggy
Chapter 41: Happy and Foggy
Chapter 42: No Longer Foggy
Chapter 43: Open, Raw, and Ugly
Chapter 44: First Date Prep
Chapter 45: First Date Discussions
Chapter 46: Honeylips and Sugarplum
Chapter 47: An Angel's Sin ( Part 1/2)
Chapter 48: An Angel's Sin ( Part 2/2)
Chapter 49: Yours To Have
Chapter 50: Peace, Dread, Repeat
Chapter 51: Eyes Open
Chapter 52: First Flame

Chapter 8: Pyschos

3K 143 4
By wannabeloved3

A/N: I hope you all enjoy! 

Alexis's Pov:

My heart shouldn't flutter from him calling me Doll right now. My mind shouldn't wander to Conner kissing me right now. My stomach shouldn't clench with want at that thought. I closed my eyes tightly as I tried to clear my thoughts. I took a deep breath, inhaling the light smell of burning lavender mixed with the pleasant smell of burning yew wood.

"Answer me", His husky, deep voice sounded much closer than before, I realized why when I opened my eyes.

His face is inches in front of mine. I quickly lowered my eye to their natural eye level. Which left me staring at his collar bone that peeked out from his shirt because his top button wasn't buttoned. That smell must have been him, I never really noticed his scent till just now.

I leaned closer, wanting to fill my lungs with his scent. I also wanted to see more of his skin. I balled my hands into fists to keep them still and clenched my jaw to keep myself from asking permission. I looked up at those dark brown eyes of his that looked more black than ever. I scowled at him, why does he have this effect on me?

His eyes narrowed as well, his patience was wearing thin, I could see it. I averted my eyes, looking down at his arms and his hands. His bloody hands, that got that way because of me. I reached out and grabbed his hand without thinking about it.

I tried to ignore the way touching his skin made me feel. It was hard to ignore. Touching Conner made me feel as if a fire suddenly formed in my chest. That fire is trying to every burn away all my reasons, as to why I shouldn't just hand myself over to him, mind, body, and soul.

I focused on his hand instead of these feels he brings out in me. I lifted his hand up so that I could see it better. The peeled back skin on his knuckles, the blood dripping from the wound. Anger flushed my system so fast I felt light-headed for a moment. How dare Marcus make my Conner bleed!

I turned my head in the direction of the unconscious Marcus. Scowling at him. I let go of Conner and took a step closer to Marcus. I kicked him hard between the legs. I grinned knowing that he'd feel that when he wakes up.

I turned back to Conner and finally answered his question, "I'm fine. Let me take you back to my place and clean up your wounds, please."

Conner raised an eyebrow at me before he spoke with amusement in his voice, "Why kick the man when he's down, Doll?"

"Because he hurt you", I spoke honestly without really thinking about it, I still felt too angry to think straight.

I watched the shock come on his face for a second, then it was replaced by a smile that made my heart tremble. I swallowed as the anger dissipated and embarrassment took over.

I looked away from him as I spoke, "So are you going to let me help? I owe you that much right?"

"You don't owe me anything Doll. I helped you because I wanted to help you.", He told me with a certain look in his eyes that I couldn't place. I tried not to dwell on it for too long.

I scowled at his answer and he let out a chuckle before he continued to speak, "But I can see you won't be satisfied with that response. So, I'll allow you to help. Come on, my car is out front."

He walked away without another word and I followed after him while pulling out my phone. I needed to let Lilith know that we would be having a little company. I looked up from my phone to see Connor waiting beside a sleek black expensive looking Maserati. He held the door open for me with a soft smile on his face.

I quickly rushed into the car, taking in the comfortable seat as well as the black and red interior. I pulled on my seat belt just as Conner got into the driver seat and pulled off onto the road.

Conner turned on the radio then said, "You can change the station if you want."

I flipped through the stations before deciding to just settle on a random station. I waited a few seconds to see if he'd put his seat belt when he didn't, I frowned. I was about to say something when my phone buzzed with a text.

It was from Lilith and it read:

Ohh my little wifey is bringing dick home. Should I just leave you some condoms and dip after I meet him. Or you willing to share for the night?

I gasped at her text as my face got hot from what those words did to my imagination. I bit my lower lip as I shook my head. Trying to keep me from laughing.

"You ok, Doll?", Connor asked me with mild concern in his voice.

I glanced over at him, our eyes met for a few seconds. I looked away from him as I spoke, "I'm fine. Put on your seatbelt."

I scowled as I texted Lilith back. Her text almost made me look like a fool in front of Conner. He knew I have a dirty mind but not the depth of it. I wanted to keep it that way. Being too close to Conner is a dangerous thing for me.

It read: No condoms, no threesomes. Sorry to disappoint.

"Aren't you a bossy little Doll. I'll put on my seat belt if you ask nicely", He said in a teasing tone that made my face flush again.

I am thankful that it's not very noticeable with my skin color. I never really blushed before. What is he doing to me? It could be because we're alone for the first time ever. I'm being more of my usual self rather than 'work' me

I scowled as I looked up at him and said, "If you want to fly through your windshield if we get into an accident, that's on you."

"Feisty too, what a combination", Connor gave me a lopsided grin before he spoke again, "Let's see if I can get you to play nice, huh?"

I didn't know what he meant for a few seconds. After those few seconds, the car started to speed down the road weaving in and out of traffic. I gripped the door handle as fear gripped me from speeds that we reached in seconds.

"What the fuck! Conner, Slow down!", I shouted as the traffic light that is clearly red, was fast approaching.

"You know that you have to say, Doll", He told me before he let out a dark chuckle as he looked over at me, completely ignoring the road.

My eyes darted from the road back to him. I let go of the door handle and made a grab for the wheel as I said, "I'm not going to let you kill me, you psycho!"

He grabbed my wrist, squeezing it tightly until my eyes moved from the steering wheel to him. He looked at me intensely, I felt like a mouse staring into the eyes of a lion.

His nostrils flared before his voice came out, deep, husky, serious, "I wouldn't ever let you die by my actions, Alexis."

Out of the corner of my eye, I was us, speed past that red light. We missed the coming cars by a few inches. Adrenaline was still running through my body, but so is that fire, that comes whenever our skin touches. I blew out a breath as I realized that I believed him, I'm safe with him.

I wanted to move closer, I wanted to kiss him again. I wanted to tell him that I wouldn't let him die either. Movement caught my eye, I looked down to see my hands were shaking. I closed my eyes tightly and pulled my hand out of his grip. I sat back properly on the seat, my head turned away from him.

I looked out the window, at the passing scenery that looked like a blur. I bit my lower lip as I waited for the fear to come back. Maybe I was the psycho one, here. Maybe we both are. I turned back to stare at Connor, he hasn't moved aside from putting his hand back on the wheel.

"Please put on your seatbelt, Conner. I don't want to see you hurt, ever, "I spoke with more honesty than I was used to using.

"It's nice to know that I can get some sweetness from you, Doll," Connor said as he got out of the car.

I turned to look out the window at my apartment building. When did I tell him my address? I sank back in my seat as he opened up the car door for me.

I looked up at him as I spoke in an accusatory tone, "Are you stalking me, Conner?"

"Stalking is the act that I follow and harass you and make you fear injury or death by expressing or implying threats", He spoke smoothly as he placed a hand on the top of his car.

He leaned forward, getting closer, "You offered me to come with you. I haven't harassed you or made any threats towards you, thinly veiled or otherwise. Have I, Doll?"

"That doesn't answer my question, Connor", I pointed out to avoid being honest as I answered his question.

"No, I'm not stalking you, Alexis", He told me as he reached into the car and unbuckled my seat belt.

As he moved out of the way he spoke again, "But if you're going to ask the obvious, I'll give you the answer now. I will tell you how I knew your address once I have an answer to my own question."

"What question is that?", I asked him as I started to climb out of his car.

He offered me his hand, I grabbed it without any second thoughts. The fire came back only long enough for Connor to pull me out of the car. He immediately let go of me once I was standing on my own feet.

He started to walk towards the apartment building as he answered my question, "The worst kind in my opinion. You know, the ones where only time will reveal the answers. "

I sighed as I followed after him. I quickly got in front of him, punching in the code on the keypad. I didn't want to know if he knew it or not. If I did, I would grill him for a straight answer. Which would lead to him finding me annoying and he'll start to hate me. The thought of Connor hating me made a ball of lead form in my stomach.

The long, one tone, beep noise, pulled me out of my thoughts. Connor opened the door for me to go in first. I gave him a quiet thank you as I walked into the building and headed for the stairs. I heard him climbing up the steps behind me.

I bit my lower lip as I wondered what I should say to him right now. Do I address what happened earlier? Do I lighten things up with a joke? Do I tease him like I usually do? I walked down the hall with the door of our apartment in sight. I had to say something before we reached the door.

I turned my head, glancing at him before I spoke, "If you're not stalking me, how did you come just as I need you?"

"That guy gave off a bad vide in the shop. I didn't like the way he looked at you. Aren't you glad I followed my gut?", Connor asked me with a cheeky grin stretching on his face.

"I guess that's an acceptable answer", I say with a shrug of my shoulders, which earned me a glare from him.

Connor walked faster, getting in front of me which made me stop mid-step. He lifted my chin until our eyes met.

His grin was sinister as he questioned me, "What, pray tell, would have happened if it wasn't an acceptable answer?"

"I might have to seriously rethink keeping you in my life, Conner", I answered him as I slipped away from him, to open the door to my apartment. 

A/N: Thanks for reading! Please leave a comment. The next chapter should be out 4-17-19. 

Remember if you want to read ahead, go to my Radish account. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 22 13
I started to step back slowly. " please I am sorry , I didn't mean to invade in your privacy " I scared of his reaction the way he staring in to my s...
669K 22.5K 42
Who knew my new apartment would be the one beside my new boss. Not only that but turns out he is a incubus which explains all the sex. Damn it! I al...
3.7K 209 23
Our tongues fight for dominance and I don't back down, his left hand grabbing my ass so hard it might bruise but damn it feels so good and I moan whe...
201K 3.9K 25
*MATURE CONTENT* A Little Insight: As I walked to my wardrobe, he stood up and began taking slow, sinister steps towards me with his claws extracted...