Absolute Obedience

By mgiannelli89

He couldn't run, nor would he. His speech was impaired, and his body malnourished. He's never stepped beyond... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five: Part One
Chapter Twenty-Five: Part Two
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three

Chapter Eighteen

42.3K 1.6K 545
By mgiannelli89

Time seemed to pass as we both continued to lay on the forest floor. Pierce made no effort to force us back to his home. At one point I had thought of it as my home too, but the harsh reality was that it wasn't a home meant for me. It was just jail walls meant to keep me confined.

A groan left my lips as I tried to adjust slightly. My side throbbed with pain. The open gash had closed soon after the sun had left the sky but the pain was still present. Maybe it was my internal pain more than it was from my fall that kept me down.

Pierce gave a light growl when he heard my groan and proceeded to run his tongue back over the closed wound. I didn't prevent him but I didn't want the attention. He had fully groomed me while we laid next to each other, and the action only further confused me. At first, I had hated it, but then I grew to want it, to need the assurance of his affection. I wanted him more than I knew, however, I also knew what reality had planned for me. I knew this wasn't real, I knew this affection wasn't given because he loved me or wanted me. My heart hurt at the truth, and although I was lying saying that I didn't want the attention, I truly did want it. I didn't want to feel false feelings though, I didn't want to be put into a place of falsified reality, I just wanted the truth, wanted to know where we stood and what was expected of me. The unknown was going to be hard to live through.

Eventually, we would go back to his home but my tired mind was still trying to conjure up a way to escape. With night now surrounding us, I knew it would be a futile attempt, and though my body was sore my will to escape was still fresh and determined.

I felt a nudge from Pierce but didn't make any moves to move. Looking at him he raised his head slightly indicating that I should stand up. I ignored it and felt another nudge from him. I didn't want to move so I stayed put letting a small growl out when he did it again. A heavy sigh sounded behind me and I could feel Pierces growing frustration with me as he continued to nudge me with no reaction. Feeling him move I looked behind me as he started to shift back into his human form, the large black Cat gone.

"Shift and get on my back, it's time to go home," Pierce said with dominance, him wanting to leave no room for me to argue. I huffed. I didn't want to go face reality, didn't want to lose touch with it again. Closing my eyes I put my head back down in between my paws. My wolf was content with our position too. He had enjoyed the affection but he also wasn't sure what would happen if we left our spot and jumping back into that house wasn't top priority for him.

"Toby, I'm serious. Don't fucking test me right now, I'm hungry and tired and you're being fucking stubborn isn't helping." I snapped my head up at him and snarled low. He met mine with his own before shifting back. Did he not remember his own words from earlier? Was he expecting me to just ignore what happened?

Maybe it wasn't my place to be upset though.

His cat towered over me with lips drawn back flashing me his teeth. I didn't look away, what place did I hold? I growled.

Screw the behaving.

Screw the rules.

Screw Pierce.

I didn't want to move and I didn't plan too. He could either stay with me or go home. My mind was made up.

Letting out another frustrated growl Pierce moved to my backside. I watched him adjusting myself as I did, not wanting to give him access to my hurt side. His eyes flashed at me with a smug look. Narrowing mine back I suddenly felt uncomfortable. He was up to something.

Lifting his large paw Pierce brought it down to my rear in a swiping motion that had me scrambling to get out of his way when he went to do it a second time. I growled low in my throat in warning to him, now standing with my tail tucked under me. Turning so my front was facing him, I tried to lower back down, my legs were sore and I didn't want to give Pierce another opportunity to swipe at me. Before I could lower Pierce again reached for me with his large paw but this time I back away from it ensuring that he missed. This continued a few more times until I realized what he was doing and I growled threateningly at him.

My wolf was getting mad, we didn't want to go back. He wanted to stay put, I wanted to stay out.

Pierce answered my growl with his own and swiped for me again, this time I allowed his paw to hit me. Easily it knocked me over but once I was down I didn't move. Pierce's tail whipped behind him in obvious annoyance but with a snarl, he lunged for me and grabbed for the back of my neck, I was too slow to dodge him. I yelped out as he hauled my front up off the ground, the majority of my body not able to be lifted so high. The position was awkward but I was being difficult and I didn't care. If he wanted me to go back so bad then he could figure it out.

The teeth hurt, and as he dragged me, the forest floor scrapped and tore at my skin and fur. It wasn't fun nor did it feel nice. Pierce growled the entire time before stopping and shifting once more.

"Toby for the love that is all fucking holy, if you do not shift right now I will fucking beat you." I looked the naked man over for a moment and realized he was serious. A silent thrill of excitement coursed through me at the prospect of being beat. I was in pain now though and I wasn't sure if I wanted to risk being hurt even more. My wolf seemed keen on the punishment too but also knew we had already suffered enough for the night.

I looked around quickly, gauging just how fast I could run in one last attempt to escape.

"Don't even think about it fleabag. Now shift!"

Pulling my attention back to Pierce I growled softly but did as he commanded. It was still a painful process but I was quick with it. Once I was fully shifted Pierce went back to his Cat form before coming up next to me. He was extremely large and I felt intimidated as he walked up to me, sniffing all over my body. I didn't go to move until his inspection was complete. He nudged me again with his body, indicating me to get onto his back. I didn't move for a few moments, debating once again my chances for a successful escape but finally conceded and climbed on top of him.

With a soft grunt, Pierce started his way back to his home. I didn't pay much attention but eventually, we arrived. The moment the small house was visible I got off and slowly walked. The less time I had touching Pierce the more time I had to rein in my feelings. Pierce didn't seem to mind me getting off but stayed beside me the entire time. I limped and cradled my side as we went, but refused to look at Pierce. The moment we were inside that cabin I knew I would be dealt with my punishment. Although I listened to him and came back, I still left, I still disobeyed.

The front door was still open and as we started to ascend the few steps to the threshold, Pierce shifted.

"Just go to bed." I looked at him shocked. I thought for sure he would want to punish me. Looking at him for a few seconds longer, fully expecting him to change his mind, I nodded. Before I could walk away he grabbed my arm.

"You respond with words."

I glared at him, not wanting to use words.

"Toby.." His warning voice had me wanting to stomp my foot at him, but I stopped myself. I was tired and the bed sounded nice.

"Yes." My voice was hoarse, but I didn't care, I said what he wanted and that was it.

Turning from him I started to storm my way toward the basement door when I felt his hand grip my upper arm and spin me around until my back met the wall with Pierce standing close in front of me. His hand gripping my arm released and grasped the nape of my neck instead forcing my head up to look into his flaring green eyes.

"You are mine until I release you, understood?" Wide-eyed I stared at Pierce, his face was a hair's breadth away, his scent, still comforting, surrounded me like a protective blanket. My wolf felt the need, the need for this Cat. Though his words hurt, the yearning to be accepted, to be useful, to be loved by him was still there. I didn't want to believe the words from earlier. I didn't want to think about leaving, about how short with him my time was. I didn't want to be disobedient to him, I wanted him to want me. I wanted what he offered, wanted to please him, to have my head patted. Was I so wrong for wanting this? Was I so selfish that I was willing to be blinded by lies and refuse to see the truth?

Tears welled up in my eyes as I continued to stare at him. Why couldn't Pierce want me?

"He's a mistake."

"What makes you think I want to mate him?"

"Useless!"

The Moon knew I was selfish, she knew, she always knew, that's why I was a mistake. That's why I wasn't allowed happiness. Looking into Pierce's eyes all I saw was a hard wall, one that wasn't meant for me to climb, one that wasn't meant for me to ever know. This Cat wasn't mine, but that didn't stop my next actions.

Without hesitating, I lunged my face upwards until our lips connected. I wanted him, wanted reassurance. Kain took away one of the things that any mate would have cherished. I made him do it. I forced him into a position of power that was ultimately my undoing. I forced my branding, the mark on my neck throbbed in anger, a reminder to why I would never find happiness.

Pierce didn't respond to me for the first second but shock seemed to have seized him. At the moment I was about to pull away Pierce's grip on my neck tightened and I felt him respond. I'd never kissed someone before, I didn't know how it worked but as I felt those lips moving against my own I didn't stop myself from mimicking them. My wolf was excited, I felt his excitement as the kiss continued and Pierces free arm came to wrap around my waist pulling my naked body up against his own. Flesh on flesh.

I could feel the Cat responding to me, felt his growing need, my own need and urgency intensifying as our kiss continued. I felt his tongue swiping at my lips, but inexperience and lack of knowledge had me only mimicking the actions.

A soft chuckle sounded from the Cat as he broke the kiss and pulled away. I blinked up at him as his warm mouth left mine, and I didn't stop the whine that escaped my lips at the empty feeling I now had.

"Fuck, I'm going to end up in hell for this." Pierce released my neck and brought the free hand up to wipe at his face. Looking down at me Pierce allowed his eyes to scan my features. I could see in the dark his flushed face and slightly haggard breathing. I realized looking while looking at him that I was also panting and pressed up against him.

Another whine left my lips. I wanted his mouth back on me and I could smell the ever-growing addictive floral-like scent filled the air. The smell was aiding me on as I pressed up against him harder. Heat was piling up in my stomach and butterflies felt like they were rolling around. So many different feelings.

Pierce's grip on me didn't loosen and he cupped my face lightly.

"Open your mouth." Without waiting for my response he leaned back down and this time, he captured my lips. They were urgent against my own and I did my best to keep up until I heard his soft growl. Recalling his words, I opened my mouth up and was instantly rewarded with his tongue. It was divine. His tongue swiped around my mouth and I met it cautiously. The kiss was stirring a white-hot need within me. Gone were my self-destructive thoughts, gone was reality, gone were the words spoken earlier. At this moment, only the present existed.

Only this Cat.
Only this feeling.
Only him.
Only us.

My back pressed up against the wall behind me as Pierce pinned my body. Everywhere his body touched left a white-hot flame of desire in its wake. His hands roamed my body, hands caressing my face, my sides and when I felt them grasp my butt I couldn't contain the gasp that left my mouth. Pierce squeezed my butt and then hoisted my body up forcing my legs to wrap around his waist as our kiss continued to grow heated.

A howl filled the outdoors.

A howl that was familiar.

One that belonged to the wolf that had been watching me.

Pierce broke the kiss and growled low.

Looking towards the still open door Pierce let a roar out. There was no one there but his scent filled the space. We had been so wrapped up in each other that we both failed to notice the wolf.

He had come to the door.

He had watched.

And he had left with only his scent indicating he had been there.

"Go to the basement." Pierce set me down and growled lowly as he shoved me towards the door only to stop when he noticed the broken door. Snarfing he grasped my arm and veered us down the hallway that led to the bathroom.

Stopping at a closed-door Pierce shoved me inside and slammed the door in my face. "Don't even try leaving."

With that, I heard the click and another roar as he ran out. My skin was still hot, I felt dazed, and the need to be touched was still growing in fever.

Even though his scent was present, I felt the thrill of him being so close.

My lips felt abused and plump, and I smiled. My wolf was panting, he had enjoyed what transpired as well and we both wanted more.

Looking around, I finally took note of the room. It wasn't a huge room but it was nicely sized with a large bed in the middle. The room was covered in Pierce's scent indicating that this room was his. I smiled.

Not really knowing what to do, I went over to his bed and sat down. I would wait for him and hopefully, he would continue where we left off.

My mind was too preoccupied to even think about what had dragged him away, to begin with.

I had known the wolf had been following us.

I had known he would come for me.

So I wasn't worried. My time here was short and until I was retrieved I would enjoy this fake reality. I would let myself fall victim to this lie and then when I leave I'll go without struggle.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••

AN: I'm so surprised at the amount of new people coming to read AO! I feel very lucky that more have taken an interest in Toby.❤️ I know a few of you have concerns about his mental health and how the story will progress, but please keep with it! I'm sure we will all be frustrated with him at times but he's developing.

With that, I hope chapter 18 was enjoyable for everyone! I seemed to have a lot of Pierce lovers so I thought I'd add a little something for all of you who are standing in his corner! I hope it was good enough.

Currently on a little trip with my family so I'm hoping to grab some personal time to write out chapter 2 of Bambi as well as hopefully push out another chapter of AO.. no promises though. So keep that in mind since next week will be Bambi's turn for an update.

I'll see everyone again on the 26th! Until then❤️.

Please remember that your votes, comments and presence give me life. I feel more connected with you all through them!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4M 142K 67
"I didn't ask to be this way!" "What's wrong with it?" Kegan laughed dryly, amazed by the stubbornness of the Alpha. "What's wrong with being weak...
132K 5.9K 21
Life as an Alpha has always been viewed as the easier path; Alphas are the top of the food chain, lead the packs, and are the deciding force in the w...
4.2K 158 11
Book 5 - Fire Series Must read Fire of Redemption first or this book will contain major spoilers, if you don't mind that. . . Then feel free to emoti...
311K 17.3K 16
Toby didn't like to talk to people or look them in the eye. He didn't need friends. Or did he? Shipped off to summer camp, Toby had more new things t...