When Different Worlds Collide

By youknowigotsauce

Can love survive in even the cruelest of worlds? MATURE CONTENT: Contains sex, weapons and bad language. Sequ... More

Chapter 1- Part One
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25- Part Two
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Please Read!
Hmm?

Chapter 40

7.1K 251 150
By youknowigotsauce

We arrived in New York at four a.m and unfortunately we couldn't go to sleep. Jada, Amanda and Nate had gone home after landing. Jada seemed to sense that something was wrong but she never questioned it. Everyone else, including me, gathered in the living room of Elijah's house

I listened in as they spoke in hushed tones.

"I never expected this to happen at all, I thought dad would at least live for another ten years. Whoever did this must pay," Franco said.

"Hypothetically speaking but, I think that there is someone wiping out the head of every crime family in New York," Elijah postulated.

"I can't help but agree on this, it only makes sense since Adriano the head of the Migliorini's died a week before," Santino said.

Elijah sighed, his eyes wandered across the room while I quickly busied myself with my phone before his eyes paused on me recognizing that I was still here.

"Baby why don't you go get some rest." His chin pointed to the stairs.

I raised my head to look at him, "Are you sure? Don't you need anything else?"

"No this is my last cup of coffee," he said then I nodded and went upstairs reluctantly.

I made a stop at the guest room to check on Isabella. She's been crying her eyes out since she found out and I just can't imagine what it must feel like to lose your significant other.

I retire to bed but I don't sleep, I lay in bed staring at the lamp on the nightstand appreciating the needed silence. After about two hours, Elijah joins me in bed wrapping his arm around my stomach tightly and nuzzling his head between my shoulders.

His gesture reminds me that I might be pregnant and needed to visit a doctor pronto.

I felt the light touch of his lips to the exposed silver of my shoulder and I snuggled deeper into him to let him know that I was awake.

"Are you okay?" I questioned.

"I'm fine Alyssa- Marie," he mumbled into my hair. Whenever I annoyed him, he annoyed me by calling me by my full name.

I turned around to face him, then I used my thumb to trace the worry lines around his mouth.

"You don't seem so fine to me."

He sighed before pulling my right leg on top of him, "I'm just a bit worried about everything. Pretty soon I'm going to be the Capo di Tutti Capi. I'm going to be the most powerful man in New York but with power comes responsibility and money, and with money there comes more haters that I have to protect my family and you from."

I thought about the danger my life would be in. I couldn't even think about myself anymore as I now had a baby growing inside of me.

I don't think this environment would be ideal or safe for him or her especially now that he was to be the Mafia King.

Maybe I should leave America and go somewhere far away from Elijah and his mess and raise our child in a safer environment.

I need to think about this.

The chiming of the doorbell disrupted my train of thought and Elijah grunted frustratedly.

"I was literally on the brink of sleep," he grumbled before jumping out of bed to answer the door.

I heard the voice of a female, so being the curious person that I was, I went downstairs to see who it was.

The woman appeared to be younger than me, she had brunette hair and her hazel eyes shone on her round face. She was incredibly beautiful.

"Vincent just died and you're already fucking around like you have no class," she said as soon as she spotted me on the last of the stairs.

Oh no, I take that back.

I was so shocked that I looked behind me to see if there was someone else behind me. This woman obviously didn't know who I was.

"Shut the hell up and watch what you're saying, she's my girlfriend and her name is Alyssa."

She seized her glare, widening her eyes in shock before her jaw slackened.

"Oh my gosh." She blinked. "I am so so so so sorry. Wow, I really didn't expect this from him. My brother was kind of a whore if you didn't know."

"Who?" I scrunched my face up from her high pitched ranting.

"Oh, excuse my manners my name is Elena Rossini, I am Elijah's sister," she said.

Vincent has six kids, look at that.

"You look shocked, you didn't tell her about me?" She asked Elijah.

"She didn't ask," he shrugged.

Oh, so because I didn't ask about something you didn't tell me?

Make it make sense.

This ain't even got nothing to do with his mafia, telling me he has a sister is some basic shit. Elijah is so dumb sometimes, like he could've slipped it in to the conversation we had about his family in the beginning when he was 'courting me'.

He just never wanted to tell me about her for some reason.

He's so fucking secretive for no reason. Sometimes I wonder if he's fucking other girls behind my back.

"Well, I'm just eighteen I live in France and I'm studying culinary to be like my madre. Speaking of her, where is she?" She faced Elijah.

"She's in the guest room sleeping and you better not wake her she's had a long day."

"Obviously, I mean she just lost her husband and they weren't even on the best terms when he died so just imagine how she feels."

Woah. That just reminded me that I could lose Elijah any day. We could malice each other today and he could be dead tomorrow, not giving us a chance to make up. I keep foreseeing how life would be for my unborn child and it makes me wanna get my ass up outta here.

I really did need to think about my next step. But first I need to go see a doctor.

Later that Week

I have never seen a funeral as big as this one. There are people both inside and outside of the St. Patrick's cathedral in huge amounts. But what did I expect, the father of New York had died and so everyone came out to show respect. Being around the Rossini's has allowed me to know that this family's mobsters aren't all bad. They protect their area from outside intruders and they also fund a lot of places in New York and help out the working poor. The Rossini's were like founding fathers for the area, they've been taking care of New York since Elijah's great grandfather, Valentino Rossini.

Vincent's family had to sit in the first pews of the Church and so I sat with an anxious Elijah who kept bouncing his leg and spasming my hand that he held.

"Elijah, could you please calm down," I whispered.

"I can't I just want this service to be over with, I hate crowds, it makes me antsy and violent."

"I hate crowds too, but your anxiety is making this damn worse."

In the first pew where we sat, Santino was beside us with a crying Isabella on his shoulder, Dante, Franco and Silvio who finally makes a reappearance were there as well sitting tight and waiting for the start of the funeral.

I watched Elena as she entered the church in the shortest dress known to man and the highest pair of heels I've ever seen.

When Elijah spotted her he hissed, "Jesus Christ." He shook his head. "This is the fucking reason why we shipped her off to France."

I slapped his bicep, "No swearing, we're in church."

Elena sat right beside us after telling Santino to scoot over, and puts on her shades.

"This isn't a fucking fashion show Elena, why are you dressed like that? This is a funeral show some respect," He spat.

"Leave me alone not because I'm sad means I must look tacky."

He shook his head, "I'm so glad you don't live here anymore."

"Really? And I was actually thinking about moving back," she smiled.

Elijah growled and his body started to glitch. He was mad.

I rubbed his knuckles soothingly and rested my head on his shoulder.

Father Ivano came out to set up and start the funeral service as it was almost one p.m. Father Ivano was an Italian priest and a good friend of Vincent's, so it seemed only right for him to conduct the funeral.

He spoke about us returning to the dust when we die. I think the funeral was where it felt more real to Elijah that his father was gone. He didn't cry but his heart was pounding faster.

~~~

After the burial, everyone gathered at the house for food and I helped Isabella and Elena in the kitchen. I think Isabella has now found peace knowing that Vincent is buried and that she has to move on with her life. He was a wicked man and his death was inevitable either way.

Amanda joined us as well to help with the preparation of the food.

"Did you tell him yet?" She whispered.

"No I haven't gotten the chance to, he's dealing with a lot right now, I thought it could wait," I answered.

She looked at me skeptically before nodding.

We brought out the food on trays to the candle lit living room where the family gathered.

The house was getting hot so I went on the balcony to get some fresh air.

I felt Elijah's presence behind me minutes after I come out here so I turn around to face him.

"Let's go for a walk," he said outstretching his hands for me to take.

I took his hand and he led me outside where we walked to the alongside each other on the property.

"Are you hiding something from me?" He asked as we sat on the swings.

"No, why?"

"You're acting very secretive and you're more quiet than usual."

"Your father just died we have nothing to talk about," I said.

"Even before he died you were talking less to me. I- I love you, you know that right?"

"Yes of course and I love you more."

"Do you know how hard it is for me to tell you I love you? It makes me feel weak but I do it anyways because sometimes I don't think my actions are enough to let you know. I would do anything for you because as much as how sickening this sounds I can't see my life without you in it anymore."

"Please, don't say anything else Elijah," I begged. I needed to feel less guilty when I leave tonight.

"So if you're having doubts about us I just want you to know that me taking over won't change anything between us. I'll be home whenever you need me to be, I'll do whatever you want to make this life better for you. I know you never wanted this but because you love me you stay and I can't thank you enough for that.

You're the most amazing woman I've ever met and you're so strong to be here with me going against your morals for your feelings, staying with me even after hearing people talk about how I should've dated an Italian woman. You put up with a lot for me and I don't think I'll ever come to love and respect someone as much as I do you.

But now things get harder and you'll have to go through a lot more that I don't think you can manage Alyssa, so I'm giving you the opportunity to leave now before I take over. I know you can do better than me baby and I've been holding up your life so much that you haven't been living like a woman who's twenty- one. So either leave now or stay by me if you think you can handle this."

I never knew that I was crying until he wiped the stream of tears running down my cheeks.

"What will it be?"

I tried to get myself together to respond.

"I'm leaving, and not because I don't love you, but it's time. I've been thinking about it for a while and I don't know how much more of this I can take. We've exhausted this too much despite us coming from two different worlds. This will be good for us," I said.

I gave him one last kiss on his confused face before I left him on the swing at the back of the property.

~~~

This whole time I sat with him there knowing I was leaving and that I already booked my flight after finding out from the doctor earlier this week that I was pregnant. He gave me an avenue to use what he said as an excuse to leave and I took it and made use of it. I tried to stop crying but I couldn't help it, I loved him too much. Things were gonna get worse and I don't think he could protect me from everything. It's better to be safe than sorry.

I left America that day to start new beginnings with my unborn baby.

___________________________________________

A/N: Okay... so this is the end of When Different Worlds Collide. Thank you for all the support. Shout out to everybody reading, voting and commenting, you guys are the greatest. It's been a great one writing this book, I formulated the idea in December and started this book in January and what a journey it has been. This is a shitty ending but don't worry, your indecisive queen, Alyssa, who always runs from her problems, will be starring in the sequel of his book called When Different Worlds Unite . To be honest I don't know when I'm going to start that because I have my exams next month. So anyways you can catch the continuation of Alyssa and Elijah's love story in the sequel.

Thank you for 17k reads. Big ups, Nuff love Until next time. 💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

139K 6K 31
A new era begins with a new mafia king. Alyssa feels the strain of a relationship that was now holding on by a string. Can love still continue to su...
241K 4K 20
"๐——๐—ผ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜ ๐—บ๐—ฒ? ๐—ฌ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ก๐—ผ ๐—˜๐—น๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—ฎ." ๐—›๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€ ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—”๐—ฑ๐—ฎ๐—บ'๐˜€ ๐—ฎ๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฒ ๐—บ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ผ๐—ป ๐—ต๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐—ฐ๐—ธ. ๐—œ...
46.3K 1.5K 43
[complete] Running away from her husband five years ago because he forced her to do unspeakable things with a "partner" of his. One day while she was...