Innocent Emily Kim

By gabbygirly

"What do you want?" she repeated. "Break up with Axel." Her eyes widened, mouth opening slightly. Aiden's eye... More

Main Characters
Chapter 1: Watching Him
Chapter 2: A Date?
Chapter 3: Plotting Together
Chapter 4: Party!
Chapter 5: Party! Part 2
Chapter 6: Alone Time
Chapter 7: Figuring it Out
Chapter 8: Back to Reality
Chapter 9: Baking with Passion
Chapter 10: Movie Night
Chapter 11: Dinner
Chapter 12: Going to Bed
Chapter 13: Midnight Interruptions
Chapter 14: Undisturbed Breakfast
Chapter 15: The Big Reveal
Chapter 17: A New Plan
Chapter 18: Friday Night
Chapter 19: His Bedroom
Chapter 20: Reflection
Chapter 21: Close Encounters
Chapter 22: Captivated
Chapter 23: In the Moment
Chapter 24: Desperately Deprived
Chapter 25: Music Mayhem
Chapter 26: Starry Night
Chapter 27: Playtime
Chapter 28: Who is She?
Chapter 29: Mixed Reactions
Chapter 30: Lovely Lunch
Chapter 31: Mother Knows Best
Chapter 32: Wherefore Art Thou?
Chapter 33: A Meaningful Kiss
Chapter 34: A Warm Embrace
Chapter 35: Love in the Making
Chapter 36: Calm Before the Storm
Chapter 37: The First Wave
Background Info: Mari
Chapter 38: Aftershocks
Chapter 39: The Second Wave
Chapter 40: Right to Fight
Chapter 41: The Third Wave
Chapter 42: Wrapping Up

Chapter 16: Aiden's Friends

1.9K 135 92
By gabbygirly

Emily walked to her locker. She hadn't seen Axel since this morning. He didn't even show up for second period.

Turning the corner, she saw an unpleasant sight. Once again, Aiden had some girl pressed against a locker, her locker. But this time, it wasn't Penelope.

She sighed in annoyance and walked right up to him. He was actually talking to the girl this time, and she was laughing at what he was saying.

"But it gets even better-"

"Ehem!"

She tapped rather roughly on his shoulder. He groaned.

"Excuse me for just a second," he said to the girl.

He turned around to see Emily glaring up at him.

"Speak of the angel..."

She gave him a confused look. The girl saw Emily and her eyes brightened.

"Are you the one that threatened to smash his balls into smushed cookies?" she asked, laughing lightly and holding her stomach from her earlier laughing fit.

Emily's eyes widened and jumped to Aiden.

"You told her that?!" she yelled at him.

He grinned at her reaction.

"No, it's okay. I'm a fan. Aiden's told me all about you." She wiped tears from her eyes.

Aiden whirled back to his friend, giving her a warning look.

"What? It's true. You don't know how much this guy loves to make you mad. I'm Ross."

She held out her hand and Emily shook it cautiously. Taking a better look at Ross, she noticed her tattered blue skinny jeans and light gray hoodie featuring an embroidered elephant. Her long black hair lay on the side of her shoulder in a french braid.

Emily was shocked, she didn't look like one of his typical make-out girls. Not that she had seen him making out with every girl since freshman year.

"Hello, I'm Emily," she responded shyly.

"No need to be shy, Aiden's told me how spunky you are," she grinned and patted her shoulder.

"Oh has he?" She looked at Aiden, who seemed uncomfortable.

"So, are you two a couple? I mean, now that the secret's out with Penelope?" Emily asked.

Ross and Aiden stared at each other, then laughed out loud.

"No way! Aiden and I are not  like that."

"Gross."

Ross glared at Aiden, then punched his arm.

"Hey, I am not gross, you douche."

"You are to me."

"Well, same goes for me."

They scowled at each other, crossing their arms against their chests simultaneously.

"Sup guys!"

A tall, muscular guy with dark skin and gleaming brown eyes stalked toward them.

"Trish," Ross greeted coldly.

"Rose," he answered back with the same distaste.

He stopped in front of Emily and bent down to her level.

"Is your name Trish?" she asked immediately, thinking it was a strange name for a boy.

"It's Tristan. And who are you, beautiful girl? If you're looking for Prince Charming, I think you just found him," he smirked.

She blushed.

"You're hot-"

She hadn't meant to blurt that out. He laughed, his eyes sparkling.

"Hey Aiden, is this the gorgeous Emily you've told us so much about?"

"Don't-" He tried to stop him but got interrupted.

"You better keep her close. It looks like she's caught my attention."

He smiled, standing up straight and turning his attention to Ross.

"Looking as boring as ever, I see. Not attracted to boys anymore?"

She glared intensely at him.

"No, the only reason I can't get a damn boyfriend is cause you two idiots keep pushing them away from me."

"It's called protecting you. Believe us, we know just how many jackasses there are."

She huffed.

"Well I can decide that for myself."

He frowned at her.

"You don't need a boyfriend."

"I do if I want to have sex before I'm fifty!"

He scowled at her comment.

"If you want sex, all you have to do is ask me. I'm sure we could work something out," he shrugged casually.

"Yeah, right. I would never have sex with you. Just the thought of it disgusts me. I don't even want to imagine how many STD's you probably have."

He laughed humorlessly.

"I got checked out last week. I'm clean. But that was the best nurse's visit ever, if you know what I mean," he wriggled his eyebrows at Aiden, who just shook his head.

She glared at him.

"You're a pig."

His smile from his earlier comment died down, and he looked away from Ross.

"It was nice to meet you, Emily," he said monotonously and walked away.

Ross watched as he walked over to a cheerleader. He whispered in her ear and she nodded, holding onto his arm and grinning as he walked her to an empty classroom, closing the door behind him.

"Douche."

She grabbed her dark brown messenger bag from the floor and walked away.

"Bye," she mumbled as she left.

Emily and Aiden watched her with dumbfounded expressions. Leaving the haze of confusion, Emily turned to Aiden.

"So, you talk about me?" she asked, both mockingly and curiously.

"Only about all the idiotic troubles you put me through," he smirked and patted her head.

She swatted it away.

"You push yourself into my troubles. And I don't need any help."

He gave her a look of bored annoyance.

"Yes, you do."

She huffed, deciding to drop the subject before she gets pinned against the wall, seeing as that's what Aiden typically does when they don't agree.

"Why are you standing by my locker?"

He glanced at her locker before looking back to her.

"Oh, right. Not really sure actually. Just wanted to check up on you cause of this morning. And apologize about Penelope's behavior," he scratched the back of his neck awkwardly, his muscles flexing as he lifted his arm over his head. 

She paused at his... kindness?

"Thanks... it's not your fault she's a mean person."

He smiled.

"Well, she probably ruined your 'relationship' with Axel."

He gestured quotes with his fingers around the word relationship.

"No she didn't! We are still very in love."

"You know, you can cut the act. The drama's over, he doesn't want her back. He'll probably break up with you cause he doesn't need you anymore."

She glared at him.

"Like I said before, it isn't an act."

He gave her a doubtful look. She continued, ignoring him.

"Also, he won't break up with me. We are in love."

He shook his head.

"I know that you  love him. God, you stare at him all the time. One day you even dropped your books cause you were watching him instead of where you were going."

She shot him a look of confusion.

"You saw that?"

"Yeah. You ran into Freddie Calgary. The jerk didn't even apologize. I helped pick up your books."

She frowned.

"I don't remember that. You helped me?"

He frowned as well.

"Yes, I did, but you were too busy looking at my brother to even notice me."

She looked at the ground.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Thanks for helping."

He placed his hand on her shoulder and she looked up.

"It's okay. That happened a long time ago."

She smiled at him.

"Well, I should get going..."

He leaned back on his heels, hands in his jean pockets.

"Y-yeah. Me too."

They awkwardly switched places.

"So, I'll see you later?" he asked.

"Sure. Goodbye."

She waved and he waved back, walking away. She let out a deep sigh. Well, that was awkward. Emily opened her locker, wondering why he had wanted her to notice him all that time ago.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 90 35
June's senior year in high school starts probably the worst way possible - her first boyfriend and supposedly love of her life cheats on her and dump...
844K 19.6K 80
"You don't like it rough?" he asks me. Oh, okay, I smirk back at him, two can play this game. "I like it... but only during sex, " I say to him wat...
45.7K 1.5K 30
Skylar Lin agrees to fake date Kaden Brooks for a deal of a lifetime. Kaden needs to get his ex-girlfriend off his back, and when Skylar pops into li...
154K 3K 60
-/ NOT EDITED \- Octavia Thornton has hated Axel Kingston from the minute he spilt his red jungle juice down her favourite white dress during freshm...