Royal Affection

由 repswiftly

Avanna Larsen, Ava for short, is the Princess of Denmark and she is in line to become Queen of Denmark after... 更多

Royal Affection
CHAPTER ONE - The Big Dream
CHAPTER TWO - Red Hair
CHAPTER THREE - A Familiar Stranger
CHAPTER FOUR - Rude Boy
CHAPTER FIVE - Eventful
CHAPTER SEVEN - The Bully's Nice Friend
CHAPTER EIGHT - Masked Man
CHAPTER NINE - 'A'
CHAPTER TEN - The Practice Kiss?
CHAPTER ELEVEN - Hurt
CHAPTER TWELVE - Tears
CHAPTER THIRTEEN - Butterflies
CHAPTER FOURTEEN - Meant To Be Hate
CHAPTER FIFTEEN - Night-time Chase
CHAPTER SIXTEEN - Broom Cupboard
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN - Scared
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN - Anthony Cartwright
CHAPTER NINETEEN - Surprise Kisses
CHAPTER TWENTY - Unspoken
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE - Poopy and Stinky
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO - Under The Moonlight
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE - Hiding Something
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR - Dead Within A Week
CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE - Go Get Her
CHAPTER-TWENTY SIX - The Last Scene
CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN - Deserves To Be King
CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT - Girlfriend
EPILOUGE

CHAPTER SIX - Rosaline and Mathew

21.4K 635 63
由 repswiftly

                                                     C H A P T E R - S I X

I lazily pushed through the door, yawning and warily tossing my hair back. April rushed in ahead of me, walking to the seats organised in a circle. I had Drama first two lessons, meaning Lucas would be here to. For someone I hated, he was on my mind a lot. I’d worry about how he’d act towards me in class if he saw me and what he’d do. I wandered in, Lucas already in his seat in a deep conversation with a friend. I toss my bag to the floor and sit down when Mr. Goodman walks in.

“Good morning class. So, like I said we’ll be casting Mathew and Rosaline. Please get in line and turn to page 65” He ordered and there was rushing of several feet, dying to be first in line. I slowly walked over. I looked down at my script and turned to page 65 as Mr. Goodman instructed where Mathew kidnaps Rosaline into the old Mill and frightens her.

“April is the director and I’m the assistant director,” The teacher chimes, sitting into a seat beside April. I waited in line while Mr. Goodman chose one boy and one girl at random to play the scene. This went on for over an hour and I yawned quite often. Everyone was amazing in my opinion, but I could see that crease on the teacher’s head that he wasn’t fully satisfied. Suddenly, my name was called and I stumbled into the miniature stage. I waited for my co-star for the audition to be called out.

“And Lucas” he points at Lucas and I internally groan. I see Lucas glare unpleasantly at me. Well I didn’t want to audition with him either so I guess we’re both out of luck. He strutted towards the stage, hands in his pockets but pulling one out to brush his hair.

“Right, let’s start from where Rosaline questions Mathew,” urges Mr. Goodman and we start. An eerie silence in the room as the class watches. I glance down at my script then back up, trying to look into Lucas’s eyes as if I was scared. Not because I was scared of him, but because Rosaline was meant to be.

“W-who are you?” I stutter in a slightly high pitched voice. I realised my voice was trembling and Lucas stepped closer. “Why have to kidnapped m-me?” I asked him.

Lucas chuckled softly but that wasn’t in the script at all. I glimpsed down then back up. Maybe he was doing some improve or he found my stuttering ridiculous. Well I’m no professional actor.

“Who am I?” he repeats as Mathew, his voice taunting and cold. “Why would you know? Why would your kingdom know at all?” he says in his deep voice. Hollow just like Mathew would be feeling. “I’m- was the next heir in line for the Copperfield family. I’m the Kings and Queens first son.” He sniggers derisively; taking a harsh step forwards and making me jump backwards. I catch my breath quickly and read the next line. “Yo-you’re the first son? Not- “

“Not Benjamin? No. They disowned me because I fell in love with a commoner and we ran away together. But-“ his voice shook now and he looked down at the floor. However I was surprised to see how soft and caring his eyes were when he stared back at me. I felt a sudden rush of guilt inside me. “Turns out she wanted the family fortune by marrying me. I only ruined that when I wanted to run away with her so she left me.”

My lips trembled, the way he said is seemed so realistic. Like he’d lost the love of his life and living without her was killing him bit by bit. I sighed and remembered to say my next line. “But I’m meant to marry your brother.” I choke out, my throat suddenly dry. Lucas clenches his teeth, his eyes gone dark and violent again.

“Yes,” he snarls. “My little brother, your husband to be, to make both our kingdoms unite.” He mock laughs and slams his hand down on the prop desk. I thought for a moment the table would shatter to a million pieces. I whimpered pathetically and cowered away.

“I- I don’t want to marry him. I don’t want an arranged marriage I want it to b-“

“Love? Everyone does but love let’s you down.” He growls, advancing on my just like Mathew does, but this seems so real. He seems like he wants to tear me to a million pieces.

“That-“ I snap my head to Mr. Goodman. I’d forgotten he was there or anyone else. I sucked in a breath and relaxed when Lucas moved away, his expression the same at it was before we started auditioning.

“was absolutely-BRILLIANT!” roars Mr. Goodman with loud claps and laughs. Others join in but some groan. “Perfect, oh my goodness that was amazing. Wasn’t it April?” he stares down at her. She starts smiling but grabbing a chunk of hair to chew. “The expressions, body language and the reactions from Ava were fantastic. So real.” He compliments but maybe they were so real because I was actually really scared of Lucas. When I said I wasn’t scared before, well scratch that. This guy terrifies me, despite how brave I try acting. I still won’t be pushed around by him but he could seriously hit back and do something to me. Something…horrible…with the help of his girlfriend.

“And Lucas, you’re rage and your despair. Just as brilliant as ever. You two have the parts.” continues the excited Mr. Goodman. “And sorry to everyone else but thank you for the delightful auditions. But since I have time today after school, come back here for audition for other parts.”

The bell rings really loudly and I walk off the mini stage, nervously walking to April.

“April, I have the part-“

“Of Rosaline.”

“And that means that Lucas will play-“

“Mathew.”

“Meaning that he will be my-“

“Love interest.”

“And I will have to-“

“Kiss him.”

I take in some shaky breathes and realise I’ve begun to sweat. I push back my hair and sigh. I didn’t want to be Rosaline much less be Rosaline who has to kiss Mathew.

I worriedly walked along with April.

“I’m sorry. You two did great. Really great but then I realised it was two you and I knew you’d hate it. And Lucas is an awesome actor even if he’s mean. That’s his talent; he can act and make it look so believable.” She rambles on and I half listen and half panic.

“I can definitely see that’s his talent.” I grumbled when April gave a little waved and turned left to head to her next class which was design and textiles. I kept walking ahead to get to my photography class but my way was blocked by someone.

I impatiently looked up and saw Lucas, a dangerous gleam displayed in his mesmerizing sapphire eyes. I had noticed these shining jewels before but decided to keep that to myself. But now, they bore deeply into me even in a harsh way.

“So we’re the leads.” He nods and I do the same.

“Yes, that’s what Mr. Goodman said.” I sway nervous, clutching onto my bag. He laughed and scratched his chin. Why is he laughing? I find nothing funny right now.

“My girlfriend wasn’t happy when she found out,” he shook his head and he got a raised eyebrow off me. Then his stare turned slightly cold.

“You better not mess this up, Larsen. If you ruin this play for me, I’ll never forgive you.” He told me firmly and my stomach lurched violently. I shouldn’t care if he didn’t forgive me but it did. It’s like he’s trusting me with something and I didn’t want to mess this up for him. He steps closer, arms folding and his mouth slightly parted so I could see his tongue tracing his bottom teeth. I smelled this orange and minty smell, just like I did in the Canteen yesterday but I was caught up in some trouble to really notice and intake the scent.

“I won’t mess up,” I assure in a shaky breath and step back, looking down at my shoes and walking past him.

***

“Ava, this is marvellous. You’ve captured the flowers perfectly.” ChimesMiss.Dalton at she looks at my camera. It was one of the school’s camera and it wasn’t that good, but I tried my best. “We’ll have to get these printed.” She smiles kindly at me. Her hazel coloured hair was in a lovely ponytail and some curly strands sticking out.

Today was just a practice lesson so she could see the class’s talent so far and she was thrilled. She gave me back my camera and strolled to the front of the room.

“So, I’ve seen all your photography and I must say I’m impressed.” She claps her hands and sits down in her chair. “Now, the project throughout the year is simple. I will give you all a large black book,” she patted a large stacked pile of new books at her side and smiled. “Each to be filled with your photography at the end of the year. So your mission is simple and that’s to take pictures that inspire you, express your feelings, what makes you happy and what makes you sad. Then we’ll choose the best ones for your book. You can either use the school cameras or your own if you have one.”

And with that the best rang and the class stood up. I placed the camera down on the table and dug my hand into my bag to find my own. Soon as I was out the classroom and out into the garden, I snapped a picture of the array of clouds that looked 3D. I smiled absentmindedly and looked back down, my eyes falling on Lucas, leaning on the wall, one foot on the ground and the other on the wall too. His hands were in his pockets and he looked so relaxed, his hair fluttering in the gentle wind. I picked up my camera and pressed the button. The image flashed on the screen and then I turned it off. It was a surprisingly a good picture of him.

“Hi,” I spun around and bumped into April who was carrying a light blue knitted sweater. I raised my eyebrows at her.

“Do you like it? I made it in textiles.” She chirps cheerily and hands it to me. “For you,”

I take it off her and watch her hopeful smile. I don’t have the heart to let her down so I decide to wear it. I was only wearing a white tank top with a denim jacket so I shrugged it off and tossed it to April. I threw the sweater over my head and it lay loosely around my body, one side hanging down to reveal my shoulder. I smiled and pulled April into a hug.

“This is amazing. You’re really good a making clothes.”

“I want to be a fashion designer. It’s my dream.”

“Really? I thought you wanted to be a writer since your play is so good.”

“Nope, I guess I’m good at writing but designing clothes is what I really want.” She jumped up and down on her heels. Then all over a sudden she reached for the back of my head and pulled my hair out of my ponytail. Before I could ask why she said “You hair looks better down with the top.”

I sighed and took my jacket off her, when I heard a sudden wolf whistle. My eyes darted to where Lucas was standing with the ginger boy but now joined by Paige and her friend Jade. The ginger boy was looking at me covetously and I shuddered under his stare.

He walked past and winked, Lucas behind him looking quite uneasy. Paige wrapped her arms around his waist and glared at me but Lucas took no notice of this and stared. His eyes were soft and quizzical but he tore his gaze away and left with his crew.

What was that about?

 ____________________________________________________________________________

Please comment and vote, thank you :D I hope you liked this one and I don't know when the next update will be! x

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

320K 10.9K 52
"I need you to stop bullying Reese." Oh, so it was because of her friend. "I-I will do anything, just make it stop." Her eyes softened along with her...
225K 8.8K 66
Lily Anne Alexia Windsor Or as people call her, Princess Lily. She's seventeen years old and is destined for an arranged marriage. Only she will mee...
2M 78.7K 49
Unlike everyone else, Ellie Anderson thought she had it easy in high school. Except for the first year. It sucks for everyone. But her reason was tot...
The Anon 由 alex :)

青少年小說

2.1M 75.9K 32
One blog, one girl, two very different people. 17 year old Charlotte Knight has always gone unnoticed with her brother the star football player and h...