Love and Pineapple (English)

By Zazounette86

A collection of Meteor Garden 2018 one shots. More

Hot spring's benefits
Jealousy
Legacy - Part 1 : The letter
Legacy - Part 2 : Knitting and gift
Legacy - Part 3 : Fireworks
Mingde 2040:A New Generation
Jealousy 2
F*cking romance
Perfect
Daoming Suzhi and babysitting
A fiancƩ for Shancai - Part 1: my life is angst
A fiancƩ for Shancai - Part 2: Friendship
A fiancƩ for Shancai - Part 3: Respect
Daoming Si nunquam titillandus - Part 1: Magic
Daoming Si nunquam titillandus - Part 2: Spice
Daoming Si nunquam titillandus - Part 3: Cuddles with my enemy
What happened to the nineteen catering dishes left?
Her laughter
You left but still, you linger
Fairies 2.0
The mermaid of Copenhagen
The mermaid of Copenhagen - part 2
The Black Cat
The Mermaid of Copenhagen - part 3
The Mermaid of Copenhagen - Part 4
Missed opportunities
The Christmas TV Movie: What makes it so easy to guess the ending?
A violin on the rooftop: a Lei/Shancai, AhSi/Xiaozi love story
I don't care if everyone belives the rumors as long as you still trust me
You Belong With Me: Yue
You Belong With Me: Dylan

Legacy - Part 4 : Exam and birth

1K 42 74
By Zazounette86

Hi !

Here a new part (and the last part) of legacy !

Sherlolly29, thank you a lot for your beta work ! ^_^

Legacy – Part 4 : Exam and birth

Time was flying and it was still hard for Xiaoxi to heal her heartbreak. Jiang Chen still tried to talk to her, to reconcile with her but she remained distant with him. Moreover, when he managed to be alone with her, either Wu Bosong, LiWei or both came and interrupted them.

In extreme pain, Xiaoxi's grades were dangerously falling. Her teachers were always looking after her, sermons her with every little mistake she did. The school year was ending soon, she just managed raise her next grade but her teachers were worried about her first senior class exams which she should pass by the beginning of the next academic year, after summer holidays, only in a few months. They ended up summoning Xiaoxi's parents. Daoming Si was on a business trip so it was only Shancai who could come.

"Xiaoxi has to improve her grades imperatively." The young girl's advisor told her. "If she can't, she could have big difficulties in passing her twelfth year."

Then she showed a revised program to Shancai who carefully listened to the teacher.

"With her father, we'll make sure she'll work on it this summer." Madam Daoming answered. "We're going to London in two months; it should help Xiaoxi to improve her English at least."

The teacher was delighted that Shancai agreed to cooperate and she gave her a satisfied and relieved smile. Shancai didn't say anything to the teacher but she really thought this distance would be best for her daughter to feel emotionally better because Jiang Chen. She was happy that Daoming Si was already in England because he was already very mad at the young man who hurt his daughter. She didn't want to make him angrier when she told him that it was because of Jiang Chen that his daughter's grades were sadly falling.

A few days later, Shancai carefully thought about the problem. She asked some advices from Zhuang and Feng via video conference (both women being in London with Daoming Si), and to Xiaoyou, Ximen, Lei and Meizuo as well, who were staying in Shanghai at the moment. She even met up with Qinghe and LiZhen (who just came back from their honeymoon) at the Rabbit's Hole to ask them their advices as well.

When she had cleared up her mind and she had made a plan in her head, she decided to talk to Xiaoxi. The young girl was lying on her bed, staring at nothing, and her mother couldn't help but sighed. Her daughter had to shake herself up, it was becoming unbearable.

Shancai sat at the edge of her bed and put her hand on the teenager's shoulder. "Xiaoxi?"

Xiaoxi turned towards her mother, making Shancai takes a deep breath. "Listen, I thought a lot about it. I'm aware that this thing with Jiang Chen burdens you...but you can't allow yourself to fail in your studies, it would be such a pity! If you want your dream to become a comic artist comes true, you have to shake yourself up!"

Xiaoxi sighed. "It's not really easy." She said. "Every day, I see Jiang Chen. Every day, I see him talking to Li Wei. Every day..."

Shancai gently massaged her daughter's shoulder.

"That is the reason I had an idea. Maybe you should..." She stopped, thinking about how to form her words. "...you should go to another high school."

Her statement hit with a bombshell and Xiaoxi abruptly get up. "Wh-- What?!" She choked.

Shancai calmly carried continued. "I carefully thought about it. Nainai Feng talked to us for years about this private high school where your father and Gugu Zuang went. I talked about it to uncle Ximen, aunt Xiaoyu and their son. Měilì1, is going to this high school. You remember Měilì, aren't you? He's finishing his 10th grade in September. You were really good friends when you were children. We could ask him to come to our house and talk to you about this. He would tell you things about this high school and could even show it to you. What do you think?"

Xiaoxi bit her lips. "I...I don't know, I..."

Shancai looked at her closely and realized that she was on the verge of tears. Her heart tightened. She was maybe wrong to impose on her like that. But what could she do?

Then she had a new idea. "Listen, I have a deal for you." She resolutely said. "When you've returned to school, if you aren't improving your grades and fail your autumn term's first exam, you'll go to that private high school. What do you think? »

If Xiaoxi succeeded in shaking herself up, and forgetting her heartbreak, she shouldn't have to suffer this change. But if her grades continued to fall, she should have to make a choice. Xiaoxi nodded. "I agree." She answered weakly.

"For now, we'll invite uncle Ximen, aunt Xiaoyou and Měilì this weekend in order for you to talk to Měilì, Ok?"

Xiaoxi nodded again.

They invited Ximen, Xiaoyou and their son next weekend. When Měilì enthusiastically talked to Xiaoxi about his high school, Shancai was delighted to take her best friend's and her best friend's husband's news. The Talent Tea shop managed by Xiaoyou was getting better and continues to increase as time went by and she ended up buying it (with Ximen's help) and created her own franchise; 'Once in a Lifetime'. Today, she had a few tea shops everywhere in the world.

They both came back from Tokyo where a few 'Once in a Lifetime' tea shops had opened. She couldn't have been happier but... she regretted to often let Měilì alone with his nanny.

"I would like to be with him in every steps of his life, I don't want to say one day that I didn't see him grow up." Xiaoyou confided in her.

Ximen tenderly took her hand. "We'll find a way." He said lovingly.

Shancai gently smiled and she stared at the couple in front of her. It took a lot of time for Yan Ximen to admit to her and to himself that he was in love with the lovely Xiaoyou. Then it took a lot of time and bravery for him to proposed her and even more to decide to become a father. But once all of that was done, he seemed to not regret anything and lived in a perfect happiness.

She was lost in her thoughts when a real problem echoed in the Daoming mansion hall. Su, unusually excited, rushed in the living room. "Uncle Meizuo and Lei are here!" He shouted with his high-pitched voice.

Meili and Xiaoxi both stood up to run and welcome them. Shancai sighed while Ximen and Xiaoyou glanced at each other, amused. It had been a month since Meizuo and Lei visited during their free time.

Meizuo's girlfriend broke up with him three months ago because she wanted to give a second chance to her wedding, and he was now in a real state of despair. AhSi and herself tried to introduce him to a few women but since his story with Zhou Caina (who were now married and had two children with her Terence), he was harder to please. He couldn't stop to have many love relationships doomed to fail and he would be in an awful state when it ends.

Shancai didn't even feel that he would really like his possible new girlfriend. His sorrow after each breakup was maybe a reminder to him of his failed relationship with Zhou Caina. She really hoped he would meet the love of his life one day because he deserved some happiness.

As for Lei, he just learnt that Jing was going to marry in August. Even if he knew a possible relationship with her was hopeless and even he refused to tell it, this news deeply distressed him.

Both men took refuge at their best friend's house. They enjoyed Xiaoxi's purity and happiness and SuZhi's genuine and odd personality.

Both men appeared at the doorstep, escorted by three overly excited young people. Ximen, Xiaoyou and Shancai greeted them but were interrupted by the children's shouting.

"Uncle Lei, uncle Lei!" Cried Suzhi hysterically, "You promised me we'll play Bridge!"

Lei smiled a little while and glanced calmly at Ximen and Meizuo.

Shancai and Xiaoyou sighed. "If someone is speaking about playing Bridge—" Began Xiaoyou.

" —they just can't say no!" Concluded a laughing Shancai.

In the meantime, the three members of F4 who were here making the table in order to play Bridge. Suzhi was paired up with Lei and their opponents were Ximen and his son. Meizuo was going to referee. A cup of tea in each one hand, Xiaoyou and Shancai went to sit next to them in order to watch the game. Xiaoxi, curious, stood next to Meizuo to watch the game, nibbling a cupcake Shancai had baked for tea time.

SuZhi victoriously won the first game and Ximen was offended.

"That's normal!" Complained Meili. "You were paired up with Uncle Lei!"

Getting more offended, his father glared at him. "And me? Weren't you paired up with me?"

Meili darkly glared at Ximen. "Yes! But you lost in the end!"

Lei burst into laughter while Ximen pouted, humiliated. To calm everybody down, Meizuo suggested a new game pairing up Ximen and Lei versus Meili and SuZhi.

"No way!" Complained Meili, "A teenager and a pre-pubescent child versus two legendary F4 members, it means we have already lost the game!"

SuZhi darkly glared at him, offended to be considered as a pre-pubescent child and especially to be underestimated. It was starting to get a bit late and Shancai suspected the Bridge game to be far from ending. So she went in the kitchen to cook dinner for everybody because they surely would stay to share the meal with them. Xiaoyou went to help her while Xiaoxi still stood next to Meizuo, watching the game and speaking about her life to whoever would listen to her at the same time.

Shancai smiled when she saw her so joyful and lively. At least, she could focus on things about something else this afternoon, even if she seemed disturbed by the Bridge players.

When Shancai was about to come back and offered dinner, a loud exclamation echoed in the living room. SuZhi, his arms victoriously raised up, was dancing like a mad man, making a high-five with Meili. Ximen stared darkly at them, Lei seemed deeply surprised while Meizuo and Xiaoxi were laughing loudly.

"What's going on?" Asked Shancai and Xiaoyou at the same time.

Overwhelmed, Ximen turned towards them. "They won! My son and yours won this Bridge game!"

Shancai stared at him then glanced at Lei who shrugged with a surprised look. She then stared at Meizuo and her daughter who were still laughing before glancing at SuZhi and Meili who were now both dancing. She eventually turned towards Xiaoyou and both burst into laughter while Ximen, offended, was complaining.

"I think the F4 is getting old, guys!" Shancai exclaimed, laughing and developing hiccups.

Meizuo didn't stop laughing, Lei shrugged again, and Ximen continued pouting. To comfort him, Xiaoyou gave him a kiss on his lips.

"Yuck!" Exclaimed SuZhi, covering his eyes.

Xiaoxi slapped him on his head. "Stop being childish!" She said, laughing.

They happily ate dinner but Ximen was still thinking of his defeat. When dessert was eaten and they had drunk some tea with a few cookies, the group Yan's leader suddenly exclaimed; "I want to take my revenge in the Bridge game!"

Meizuo and Lei rolled their eyes, Xiaoyou glared at him and SuZhi looked down at him. "Tsk! You're such a bad loser!" He snobbed him while Meili was chuckling. "Anyway, I don't want to play anymore, I'm tired." He added while Ximen choked with his coffee.

Shancai covered her lips with her hands to hide her laugh while Xiaoxi suddenly jumped up from her chair. "Me! Me! Me! I want to try playing!" She yelled happily.

Everybody looked at her.

"Uhm...are you sure, Xiaoxi?" Meili hesitantly asked. "It's not a simple game."

The teenager argued waving of her hand. "I watched you play all afternoon, it must not be so difficult!" She said.

Ximen and Lei exchanged a skeptical look while Meili bit his lips, a bit uneasy. SuZhi, slyly smirked and leaned toward Ximen. "If you want to win I advise you to play against Xiaoxi, you won't be disappointed!" He sniggered.

Shancai glared at her son while Xiaoxi was already sitting in front of the game table, tapping her fingers impatiently on the wooden table. Resigned, Meili sat in front of his team mate while Ximen and Lei sat as well. Meizuo and SuZhi were going to referee.

Overexcited, Xiaoxi talked excitedly. Her radiant smile was brightening her face while she played her card. Meili was turning pale because he was sure he was going to lose the game while Ximen was extremely delighted. Shancai, on the other hand, was enjoying seeing her daughter so happy, forgetting a moment her sorrow.

The first round was almost over and it was Xiaoxi's turn to play a card. Still speaking cheerfully, she took a card without looking at it and put it on the table.

She won the first round.

Everybody thought she was just lucky...

But she won the second round, then the third, and then the fourth... until there was no card anymore in each player's hands.

There was a moment of silence only broken by Xiaoxi who ended telling how LuYang had made his love confession to Jingxiao...who accepted him because she eventually had forgotten her doctor Li. She stopped and realized everybody was staring at her and she looked down at the cards on the table.

"Oh? I won!" She exclaimed.

She stood up before her brother could do so, she victoriously danced while Ximen went pale and Lei stared at her with widened eyes. Meizuo laughed again and SuZhi gaped incredulously at his sister. Xiaoxi dragged Meili with her to share the victory joy and their laugh filled the Daoming's living room.

Laughing, Shancai clapped her hand, quickly followed by Xiaoyou. Suddenly, Suzhi stood in front of his sister and deeply bowed. "Xiaoxi, I sincerely beg your pardon. I underestimated you. But now, I want to promise you I'll revere you as a goddess."

Xiaoxi stared at him, surprised. Then, burst into laughter, she poked him in the back and he almost fell on the ground. As for Meili, he ended up declaring; "When you entered Mingde University, Xiaoxi, you'll have to open the Bridge club again!"

Meizuo and Lei nodded at once, Ximen was still pouting.

"I think the Mingde Bridge Club just found worthy F4 successors with Xiaoxi, Meili and SuZhi!" Meizuo proudly said.

"Yes...well..." Intervened SuZhi. "Firstly, it would be great if Xiaoxi will be admitted to Mingde university!"

He was poked on the back again.

"Hey! I thought you said you were going to revere me as a goddess, weren't you?" Xiaoxi exclaimed, pretended to be offended.

***

Soon enough the Daoming family left to meet AhSi in London. Shancai hoped this distance would be meaningful to her daughter and she would think about her proposal to change her High school. She thought her daughter was feeling better. Xiaoxi dragged her brother in London Land Park, spoke for hours with Madam Yu who went with them despite of her age and tiredness, and Xiaoxi tried to improve her English trying to speak with the locals.

Shancai often took them out in London. They visited the London Eye many times (and say that she regretted not coming there the first time she went to London), the London Dungeon attraction (which instead of making their children afraid, made them laugh. Unlike AhSi who was utterly afraid the only time he went there), the British museum (SuZhi loved it), the Natural History Museum (which confused Xiaoxi) and finally they spent plenty of time strolling in Hyde park and Regent street, Oxford Street and Covent Garden shops.

But soon, Shancai had to stop to taking them out, her belly was becoming bigger and bothered her as she was entering her seventh month of pregnancy. Fortunately, Xiaozi and Thomas were staying in London for both the summer months and they suggested taking the children out from time to time. After AhSi and Shancai's wedding, the ex-Daoming group heir's fiancée started to go out with Thomas, the French guy who made AhSi so jealous because of a misunderstanding and above all had helped Shancai during her first day in London.

Both quickly married and they lived between Paris and London where they had created an association for helping homeless people. They proposed some creative classes, excursions and shows in order to gather funds which would help homeless people to find a home, to have train access in order to find a work as soon as possible.

Xiaoxi and SuZhi helped them prepare all their entertainments and the enjoyed it as well. This way, they could take a trip to Brighton, to Bath and in various theme parks. Of course, they enjoyed visiting The Harry Potter studios at most where Xiaoxi decided she would be a Gryffondor and SuZhi a Ravenclaw.

"That's rubbish!" hissed SuZhi. "You should better go to Hufflepuff!"

"Stop bothering me or I'll send you to Slytherin!" Answered Xiaoxi sharply.

Her brother shrugged and she looked at him, horrified.

"Oh my god, don't tell me you would like to be with those snakes?!"

SuZhi just smiled which frightened her. Her brother was such a psychopath!

But Shancai had to intervene with XiaoZi who wanted to make them participate in the shows, especially Xiaoxi because XiaoZi thought she sang beautifully.

"Xiaoxi has important exams in September and her grades had fallen a lot, so she needs to work."

XiaoZi instantly suggested helping her to work her on her Science lessons while Thomas would help her improve her English. Shancai were very grateful to especially when XiaoZi realized the teenager was sometimes feeling bad.

"When we come back to China, I should take your daughter in my parent's resort in the mountains. The Hot Springs will be good for her!"

Shancai smiled at her but asked her to wait until the end of her daughter's exams before taking her anywhere. She was glad XiaoZi and Thomas were here because it was helpful for Xiaoxi in forgetting her problems. And when the teenager was really sad, she talked with Madam Yu for hours and the old woman advised her with her experience and her wisdom.

Daoming Si managed to free himself for a few days and they went to Chinatown to eat a meal in Yue-jie's restaurant. They went there every time they stayed in London and it was a happy moment for Yue-jie when she welcomed all this little family.

Yue still remembered the first time she saw Shancai and AhSi together, the tears they shed in front of a hotpot and an eight treasure spicy noodles, explaining to her that they saw each other for the last time. It was such a surprise when they saw them come back months later, telling her radiantly they were married at last. From that moment, she saw their evolution; she saw Shancai's first pregnancy, then her first baby who became a lively and joyful little girl, then Shancai's second pregnancy, her second baby who became a too serious little boy.

Then now...

"Oooh! Xiaoxi and SuZhi! You have grown up so much! Ooh! Shancai, you are pregnant again! What? Twins? Ooooh!"

Shancai laughed while Yue-jie exclaimed and hugged each one of them.

Proudly, AhSi admired his little family and smiled radiantly at the woman who saw him grew up. It was a very memorable moment, especially when they only had two weeks left before going back to Shanghai and to prepare their children's return to school.

Yue-jie cooked a true feast for them with plentiful hot pots, many sauces and even Shancai's Eight Treasures Spicy Noodle. Everyone laughed and talked lively until Shancai's face suddenly contorted.

Everybody around the table stopped, suspending every move. Madam Daoming entered her eighth pregnancy month a few days ago and because she was having twins, doctors warned her that she could give birth sooner. She went to see her doctor before their departure to be sure she could travel and he agreed. Upon their return to Shanghai, they advised her to come back to see a doctor, but it wouldn't be necessary.

"Shancai?" AhSi gently asked.

Her hands clenched on her belly, Shancai tried to catch her breath...but some liquid suddenly slid down her legs. "AhSi?" She asked back.

"Shancai?" Her silly husband repeated

"AhSi!" Shancai shouted.

The poor Daoming Si was begun to panic. "What?! What?!"

Xiaoxi and SuZhi's jaws dropped open and they stared at their parents, completely lost. Only Yue-jie seemed to have understood and she was already calling assistance with her phone.

"Don't you see my water have broken, you idiot!!!" cried Shancai, her face reddening because of panic and pain.

AhSi's mouth turned round. "Oh!" Suddenly understanding what was going on. He pulled out his phone but Yue stopped him.

"Don't bother, AhSi! I just called them, they're coming."

Daoming Si kept his "Oh!" on his lips for a few minutes when Xiaoxi and SuZhi begun to fidget.

"Do you know what's going on?" whispered SuZhi to Xiaoxi. "Do you think mom needs some calcium?"

Frowning, Xiaoxi answered, "Calcium? Why are you talking about calcium?"

"Something had broken so maybe she has weakened boned?"

Xiaoxi burst into laughter, offending her brother. For once, she knew something her brother doesn't! Surprisingly, she listened carefully during this lesson because she was really interested. She thought she had learnt something more concrete and more useful than Mathematics or the toad muscle functions.

"It's not about that. Her water had broken means the babies protecting liquid in mom's belly is flowing out. Babies are in a bag full of liquid and this bag is pierced so..."

"Like a balloon full of water?" Asked SuZhi.

"Yes, exactly, if we pierced it, water flows down."

"But... are the babies going to die?"

"No, they're going to born!"

For once, SuZhi looked like his father, his mouth shaped in an 'Oh' that remained on his lips for a few minutes.

***

Xiaoxi and SuZhi refused to come back home and they fell asleep in the waiting room chairs. Feng and Madam Yu wrapped them in covers while Zhuang paced around, obviously nervous. Daoming Feng's smart phone rang and she went out on a terrace to take the call, telling Dong Danian and Lizi they hadn't heard any news but the labor had began and she didn't think there would be a problem.

"It's the best London Maternity Hospital, there is no risk." She asserted while Lizi sighed, relieved at the other end of the phone. "Yes, I'll keep you up to date, no problem." And she hung up.

When she came back, Madam Yu was waking Xiaoxi and SuZhi up while Zhuang welcomed her with a grin, relieved at last. She rushed towards her mother. "It's ok, they're born! The babies and their mommy are alright!"

Xiaoxi jumped from her chair, felt dizzy because still sleepy but didn't bother. "That's true? That's true? That's true?" She excitedly cried.

Madam Yu whispered to her to quietly, reminding her they were in a hospital. The young girl lowered her voice. "Can I see them? Do you know if we have brothers or sisters?" She asked.

"I hope we have brothers!" muttered SuZhi. "If I have two additional sisters, I'm going to be mad!"

Zhuang burst into laughter while Feng was waiting for the answer like her grandchildren.

"No Xiaoxi, you have to wait a little to see them because your mommy needs to rest and the babies need to be washed up and dressed up." Then Zhuang turned towards SuZhi. "For you, I have a bad news..."

The child made a face. "Oh nooo! Sisters again?!"

"...and good news!" Zhuang concluded.

SuZji, Xiaoxi and Feng looked at her with anticipation while Madame Yu chuckled.

"Exactly!" added their aunt. "It's a girl and a boy!"

Excited and joyful, Xiaoxi jumped everywhere, screaming her happiness...and Madam Yu whispered to her again that they were in a hospital. As for SuZhi, he victoriously danced, "I have a brother! I have a brother! Yoohoo!"

***

The mommy and her two babies quickly recovered and two weeks later the doctor agreed for them to take a plane back to Shanghai. AhSi booked first class seats for the mommy and her babies for them to be at ease.

Xiaoxi frequently stood up and went to help her mother, rocking a baby while her mother breastfed the other, making the second sleep while it was the first one's turn to be breastfed, walking them, talking them, carrying them so her mother didn't have to move.

AhSi had almost nothing to do and it was sometimes frustrating... but he was marveled by his eldest daughter's behavior. Even SuZhi gaped at her. Madam Yu explained to him that Zhuang had the same behavior when he was born, feeling responsible for her little brother too soon.

"Oh, I rather pitied him." Zhuang intervened. "He was so ugly I was afraid my parents would abandon him!"

Feng was offended and replied; "What are you talking about? Most importantly, we would never have abandoned him and more so my baby was so beautiful!"

AhSi blushed and put a sleeping mask on his eyes in order to pretend to be sleeping and secured the ear plugs in his ears in order to not hear more. If there was any problem, he was sure Xiaoxi would wake him up. His daughter really surprised him. Since her brother and sister's birth, she was more mature and showed to everybody she was able to be responsible.

***

Back to Shanghai, they quickly noticed Xiaoxi was only focused on her brother and her sister and had seemed to have forgotten everything around her. She often get-up at night to carry her brother or her sister to her mother when they were hungry. She often looked after them, dressed them up and even changed their diapers.

Her parents couldn't recognize her anymore...but they had sermon her a little because AhSi had to find his father's place with the babies and because she still had homework. Back-to-school period was coming and Xiaoxi started to panic. She didn't want to come back to school; she didn't want to go away from the babies...she had maternal anxiety instead of her mother.

Shancai reasoned with her, telling her she would be happy to meet her friends again and that she was the babies' mother, not her. Xiaoxi seemed to not listen to her and her mother sighed, understanding her daughter's real anxiety was to meet Jiang Chen again.

'Maybe the best solution is really for her to go to another high school...but we'll have to wait and see how things are going to go.' Thought Shancai, sighing.

Xiaoxi's classmates were really surprised to see her come in the classroom, the back-to-school day, a radiant grin on her lips, announcing. "I'm an older sister again! I have new little brother and a little sister!"

Then she spent the day showing the babies' pictures to everyone in the classroom. The teachers wanted to take her smart phone away but they found themselves interested at the infants' pictures as well.

"Oh, your sister is so pretty, Xiaoxi!"

"Oh! What a cute boy your brother is on that picture!"

While Jingxiao was happily glued at babies' pictures as well, Lu Yang and Wu Bosong looked disconcertedly at each other. But Jiang Chen was the most perturbed. Xiaoxi didn't even glance at him at all, and she barely showed him her baby sibling's pictures.

When Wu Bosong asked her if he could see the babies she exclaimed, "Oh, of course! Come and see them! You too Lu Yang and Jingxiao!"

Jiang Chen was so jealous he could not stop gasping for breath.

***

It the evening, Jiang Chen was relieved to see Wu Bosong going towards the swimming pool. He rode his bike hastily to catch up with Xiaoxi.

"Can I take you back home?" He offered.

Xiaoxi didn't even look at him, looking ahead and riding her bike as quickly as possible.

"Don't bother." She briefly answered.

Jiang Chen clenched his jaw, sped up his move and put his bike in front of Xiaoxi's bike in order to block her way.

The young girl abruptly hit her brake and she almost fell down. "You are crazy, Jiang Chen!" She screamed.

"And you? What's your problem?!" He angrily asked back, frustrated. "How long are you gonna ignore me?!"

She looked away. "Is it bothering you, now? I thought I was getting on your nerves. I thought you didn't want me to stick with you anymore."

Jiang Chen frowned. How could she ignore him? How could she not understand? Before the holidays, he tried everything to sort things out, wasn't she aware of it?

"Seeing you ignoring me is getting on my nerves even more!" He immediately answered.

Xiaoxi suddenly looked at him right in his eyes fiercely and Jiang Chen felt his throat went dry.

"So, it's perfect, you won't see me any longer! I'm going to go to another high school!"

He was so furious he didn't immediately understand what the young girl was saying and spoke without thinking. "Well, so leave! My life will be more peaceful!"

He stiffened when he saw she was on the verge of tears. But she proudly lifted her chin up and she sharply said, "Alright. Don't bother Jiang Chen, life is long! I will love someone else!"

She biked past him, her head held high, riding her bike as quickly as possible to get far away from him. Jiang Chen stayed motionless for a moment until he realized what she said.

She was going to leave in another high school... she would love someone else.

He wanted to run after her, but she was already too far away. He called after her but she didn't answer and didn't turn back. For an instant he thought he was going to die, gasping for air, panicking.

She can't leave.

He couldn't sleep that night.

***

The day after, he immediately talked to Lu Yang and Jingxiao but they didn't know anything. They asked Wu Bosong but he was surprised as well, as horrified as Jiang Chen when he learned she would leave.

"I'm going to talk to her." said Jingxiao.

Through their friends, Jiang Chen learned that Xiaoxi would leave only if she didn't improve her grades and if she failed on her exams. There was only one thing left to do, to help her with her homework and to revise those she finished as much as possible.

He didn't want her to leave, no way!

Lu Yang and Jingxiao helped her with her homework and to understand her lessons. Then they trapped her in the library with Jiang Chen.

She wanted to leave but he held her back. "I just want to help you to improve your grades."

She avoided his gaze.

He closed his eyes, took a deep breath then admitted, "I'm sorry. I don't want you to leave."

She sighed and finally looked at him.

The young man's heart skipped a beat.

"Neither am I. I don't want to leave..." She admitted.

She hesitated for a few more seconds then answered, "Alright, you can help me with my Science lessons."

Jiang Chen made her sit next to him. A few minutes later, while he was staring at her without her to unaware, Li Wei came in and asked Jiang Chen for some help. Xiaoxi tensed up next to him.

"Sorry, Li Wei, but I'm helping Xiaoxi now."

LiWei stiffened and started playing with her fingers, insisting.

Xiaoxi closed her eyes.

"No Li Wei. And you almost had the same grade as me on the last test. I'm pretty sure you can handle it yourself."

Li Wei bit her lips and ran away. Xiaoxi looked up to Jiang Chen, surprised, but he kept an impassive expression and asked her if she had understood the formula they were working on.

He corrected the equation she tried to solve and he explained the lesson to her the once again. He wasn't aware she kept her gaze on him, her heart racing, hoping again...but when he looked down at her, she quickly looked away, her cheeks reddening. She still wasn't sure if he could trust him.

Jiang Chen's behavior had changed and motivated her again. She worked harder. In high school, all her friends agreed to help her, each one taking turns in accordance with their abilities. At home, Meili and even Ximen, Meizuo and Xiaoyou often came to practice her with tests.

Ximen, Meili and Meizuo helped with her English and Science lessons. With the three helping her, they managed to strengthen their patience with Xiaoxi who didn't understand everything but she has a strong will. Xiaoyou and Lei helped her on her Chinese and Art lessons. They were calm and it helped Xiaoxi improved her concentration.

Shancai hid to observe them, delighted to see her daughter so motivated and enthusiastic. The chances were high for Xiaoxi to not go in another high school but the mother hoped it was a good thing for her and she wouldn't be heartbroken again because of Jiang Chen.

She heard that the young man himself was helping her. Was he afraid that Xiaoxi would leave? Shancai often thought about the day he took her daughter back home and the way he looked at her. If she wasn't wrong about what she saw, why didn't he tell Xiaoxi? Why did he let her be so sad?

It was really strange.

The day of the examinations came at last and they all waited for the results. Shancai had never seen her daughter so nervous. She sighed. There was no doubt; Xiaoxi didn't want to go in another high school. She silently promised herself to not force her daughter to go in another high school if she failed her exams.

Xiaoxi rushed toward results panel, her heart racing. Around her, students were animated. Some were singing, dancing, others cried of sadness or of joy. She stared at the list but she was so distressed she didn't see anything, her eyes went blurry. She awakened from her trance when Jingxiao and Lu Yang patted her shoulder.

"So? So?" They asked her, excited.

Xiaoxi closed her eyes, trying to calm herself down. When she opened her eyes again, she saw her name on the list... and joyfully jumped. "Whoa! I'm thirteenth!" She screamed and she was so delighted she danced.

Lu Yang, Jingxiao and Wu Busong congratulated her. Xiaoxi turned away and saw Jiang Chen staring at her a bit far from where she stood. She gave him a sparkling smile, showing a victorious 'v' with her fingers. The young man answered with a little smile before walking away.

***

Once again, Wu Bosong had to go to the swimming pool and Jiang Chen went to see a leaving Xiaoxi alone. His heart racing, he ran towards her while she was in the process of taking her bike.

"Hey! DaomingXiaoxi!" He screamed. "Can I take you back home?"

She looked at him; surprised, seemed to hesitate, and biting her lips, unaware that her every move was hypnotizing the young man more. Then she nodded and he thought his heart was going to explode.

They walked in silent. She was unease and didn't know what to say even if she had so many questions she didn't dare ask him. As for him, he was desperately thinking about the good words to use, aware he should be careful and delicately choose them. He didn't notice that they were already in front of the Daoming mansion.

Xiaoxi turned towards him and waved her hands. "Goodbye, see you tomorrow!" She said without her usual enthusiasm, though she sounded calm, this feeling of general discomfort shouldn't exist between them.

She began to walk away and Jiang Chen felt a lump in his throat, his heart tightening, his hands shaking because he wanted to make her stay. He couldn't let her go once again, it was not possible. He had to call her back, to make this choice. He sighed, unable to do this. He tried many times, telling himself that he was going to fail and he would lose his chance to speak to her again, to confess to her...to confess to her everything he feels.

"XIAOXI!!!" He called a bit too loud.

Surprised, the young girl turned her back, eyes wide. Jiang Chen leaned his bike against a tree and strode towards her with a determined look on his face.

When he was in front of her, Xiaoxi was taken aback and dropped her bike.

He made an annoyed face...'What a clumsy girl! As long as she didn't break it! She would be able to do it, idiot! This lovely idiot.' ...his braid said.

He breathe in and breathe out many times, panting like he ran a marathon. Xiaoxi stared at him with her big innocent brown eyes and that didn't help him to calm down.

"It's not what you think...with Li Wei." He said at last.

She nodded.

"Yes, you have already told me that..."

He shook his head. "No, I didn't tell you everything."

He painfully remained speechless and she waited. Curious. He was aware that his behavior was making her nervous.

He had to speak.

Finally...after a long agonizing wait, he managed to say it once and for all.

"On that night with the firework..." He started. "Li Wei wanted to talk to me about her family's problems and she told me she was suffering depression. If it seemed like I was hugging her it was because she was crying."

Xiaoxi looked down, biting her lips. Shivering. If it was only that, why didn't he let Li Wei go when he sees her? Why didn't he hug her too when he saw that she was crying as well? Why didn't he run after her when Wu Bosong pulled her away?

As if he was reading her mind, Jiang Chen added; "When I saw you, I...I was petrified, especially when I saw you were crying. I don't like to see you cry and you know well I don't have the ability to comfort people."

Xiaoxi carelessly scratched her head in order to hide her confusion, avoiding his gaze.

Jiang Chen continued. "I wanted to run after you when Wu Bosong dragged you away, I wanted to explain myself at once but Li Wei held me back."

Unaware of her actions, Xiaoxi clenched her fists.

Jiang Chen noticed it. He continued with a gentler voice. "She confessed she liked me but I told her that..."

He stopped, suddenly flustered. Xiaoxi was still avoiding his gaze, obviously worried about what he would say but...Jiang Chen took a deep breath in order to calm himself down.

He had to go on, he had to tell her, even if he was afraid, even if he had to go outside of his comfort zone...because he couldn't run the risk of losing her again!

"I told her 'I like Daoming Xiaoxi'."

There was a moment of silence... a silence Jiang Chen found oppressive, agonizing when he despised noise. Xiaoxi was looking at him again, her big eyes wide, and an odd light in her pretty brown pupils.

He took a deep breath.

"Did you hear me Daoming Xiaoxi? You're the one I like! I like you!" It was like he had opened some broken dams, he couldn't stop saying it. "I like you, I like you Xiaoxi!"

She was motionless in front of him, opening and closing her mouth without uttering a single sound going, shocked. He sighed, gently smiling at her. Xiaoxi will still be Xiaoxi after all...

"Xiaoxi!" He called.

She seemed awoken up, blinking. "Yes? What?" She stammered.

"Come closer."

She blushed. "Wh...why?"

His smile grew bigger.

"Because I want to kiss you."

The young girl's lips shaped a silent 'O' and came closer to him.

***

Daoming Si looked at the time for the umpteenth time.

Lei, Meizuo and Ximen who were playing Bridge with SuZhi, were amused to see him like that. Shancai was absent because she had to deal with some problems with her parents' restaurant while her husband was in state of panic.

"Xiaoxi is still not home." He muttered. "She should already be here since fifteen minutes ago!" He added angrily.

Meizuo smiled at him. "It's not a big deal, you should give your daughter a break!"

Daoming Si darkly glared at him. "You don't understand Meizuo! Anything could happen to her! She could be in an accident, she could have been ran over by a car, she could have been kidnapped by bad guys, have been beaten or worse!"

His three friends coolly stared at him.

"She's only fifteen minutes late and are you're already imagining the worst?" Ximen asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Did you try calling her on her smart phone?" added Meizuo.

Daoming Si groaned. "Her phone battery must be dead because it didn't even ring!" He said, frowning.

He collapsed on an armchair and covered his head with his hands.

"Fortunately, Shancai brought the twins with her at her parents' village!" commented a laughing Meizuo. "If he had to look after four children, he would surely have gone utterly crazy!"

Ximen laughed with him while an impassive Lei came closer to the bay window looking through the domain's entrance.

"Isn't that Xiaoxi over there?" He nonchalantly queried.

Daoming Si rushed next to him, quickly followed by Ximen and Meizuo, both curious. SuZhi, still focused on his cards in his hands and complained. "Hey! How about our Bridge game?"

"Indeed, it's her!" said Meizuo.

"It seems like she's not alone..." added Ximen.

DaomingSi's face went utterly pale.

***

Jiang Chen gently put his lips on hers, shyly placing a hand on her shoulder. She kissed him back without hesitation, moved. The kiss was chaste, gentle and tender but he made her heart furiously beat.

When he reluctantly pulled away from her, he leaned his forehead against hers and hugged her.

"Don't leave me, Xiaoxi, never. Do you agree?"

She smiled against his shoulder.

"I agree." She whispered, smelling his scent, thoroughly enjoying the warmth of his embrace.

***

"I'm going to KILL HIM!!!" Daoming Si screamed.

Ximen and Meizuo both had to hold him back while he was trying to rush towards the entrance door. Extremely furious, AhSi madly struggled and his two friends had a hard time to calm him down. Lei, sitting on an armchair, was roaring with laughter, folded in two and couldn't manage to stop. Infuriated, SuZhi ended playing his cards on the table and left to tidy up his bedroom instead.

"He has done nothing wrong..." Meizuo tried to reason with him.

"Just a little kiss..." added Ximen.

Unfortunately, the word 'kiss' made Daoming Si explode. "A kiss?! A KISS?! He dared kiss my daughter—that little—"

Once again, they had to hold back their friend with all their strengths while he tried to rush outside to catch Jiang Chen up.

"Well, your daughter seemed to agree..." intervened Lei still laughing and now having hiccups.

Daoming Si exploded again. "Agree?! AGREE?! But she's a baby! No one can touch my BABY!"

This time, still holding him back, Ximen and Meizuo couldn't help but burst into laughter. They stopped when they heard someone slammed a door open and Xiaoxi came in the living room with a radiant smile and eyes sparkling with happiness. Jiang Chen obviously had the common sense to leave after his love confession. AhSi's three friends didn't want to imagine what would had happened if he had met her father.

"Hello, everybody!" Xiaoxi happily said. Unaware of the calamity that happened in the living room.

AhSi immediately pushed his friends away and welcomed his daughter with a forced grin.

"Hello my little Xiaoxi! Did you have a good day?"

Carried away by her enthusiasm, his daughter hugged him, catching him by surprise

"It was wonderful! I'm ranked thirteenth in my class for exams and I had an amazing day!"

She gave her father a kiss on his cheek and went to her bedroom singing and jumping.

AhSi stayed motionless in the middle of the room, his eyes wide and a hand on his cheek.

"My...my littler daughter gave me a kiss on the cheek!" He exclaimed. "It may had been years she hadn't done it!"

Meizuo, Ximen and Lei chuckled once again.

"Well!" Meizuo replied excitedly. "Her Jiang Chen should kiss her more often if she behaves like this every time—"

He only had the time to lower down in order to dodge a shoe that a furious Daoming Si threw at him.

***

When Shancai came back home the same night; she was welcomed by Xiaoxi who hugged her before taking her little sister in her arms, happily singing. Her mother smiled, quickly understanding what had happened. Obviously, Jiang Chen had decided at last to make a move...AhSi's grumpy look was enough confirmation.

Once everybody was in bed and the twins were deeply asleep, her husband told her what happened that night.

"Can you believe that?! In front of our house! He kissed her!"

Shancai answered him with an utterly blissful smile. "That's so cute!!" She gladly said. "Xioaxi must be so happy!"

AhSi frowned. "And her studies? Have you thought about her studies? She won't focus on her studies anymore!"

"AhSi! She was already not focus on her studies because she thought he didn't love her! Moreover, he's a genius so—on the contrary he'll surely help her improve her grades!" answered Shancai. "Are you only worried about her studies?" she added

AhSi pouted then confessed. "No, she's just my little baby and—"

Shancai burst in laughter. "Your baby is seventeen years old! She had to grow up one day! If you want extremely want to take care of babies, there are two in the room next door!"

Daoming Si looked at the baby monitor and the screen was showing the two sleeping infants. "NingQue and AnSheng, my little loves! I hope at least we won't have any problems with you two!"

Shancai lovingly hugged and kissed him. "My favorite pineapple, let's go to sleep before those little monsters wake us up!"

***

1 = :  měilì beautiful

I hope you enjoyed this chapter !

Thank you again to my proofreader Sherlolly29 ! :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.7K 176 12
~ Collection of short stories of events after the rooftop kissing scene ~
66.7K 1.7K 48
š”‡š”¢š”žš”Æ š”£š”²š”±š”²š”Æš”¢ š”Ŗš”¢, What to do when some new girl and her friends ruin your graduation plans and your chance at being the power couple of th...
66.3K 2.3K 30
For the love of Meteor Garden 2018. Short stories initially written for the #MeteorGardenFanFicFestival on the Instagram account of @everyoutfitonmet...
17.4K 730 9
Despite the high fever, Yue decides not to take a break from the filming of Meteor Garden and faints on set. Fortunately, a great nurse takes care of...