MaNan- Faded Scars

By SassyTeenager_

In such a sophisticated universe Manik Malhotra is a powerful and arrogant Business man who controls the life... More

prologue
01| he is arrogant
02 | she is audacious
03 | he is abashed
04 | she is sassy
05 | he is baffling
06 | she is depressed
07 | he is pervert
08 | she is whimsical
09 | he is changing
10 | she is changing.
11 | he compliments her.
12 | she compliments him
14 | she cares for him
15 | he is drawn to her
16 | she is drawn to him
17 | he knows the truth
18 | she gets a nightmare.
Be my Valentine

13 | he cares for her

2.8K 379 54
By SassyTeenager_

Faded scars is No. 1 in #whatshot! I'm so happy:) it wouldn't have been possible without you all ♥

Beautiful cover credits go to SabaCreations Guys do try her, she's amazing.

Mananlicious update:) Beware.
▬▬▬▬▬▬

13// he cares for her

Nandini plopped on her bed. She is super scared now. She never expected something like this to happen. It was perfectly fine a hour back.

But no, she has to be strong. She has been strong in the past too. It's all because of her inner strength and willpower that she has reached these milestones.

Life throws many challenges on you but, to make it a failure or tune it as a pathway to your success totally depends upon you. You can change your life with your willpower and that's what she did.

Nandini sighed deeply. She is going to face this too. She plods to the small kitchen her room has and makes some coffee for herself.

After a much needed drink, she slips into her loose T-shirt and sweatpants. It was very cold outside, so she turned on the heater.

"Nandini, we have half and hour to dinner, get ready" Manik sauntered inside. He had two tickets in his hand. "And here, these the flight tickets. We are leaving the day after tomorrow. I looked on for tomorrow, but then I realised we didn't have time to roam around the place so I asked them to book the next day." he handed her the tickets.

She took them with much hesitation, her mind played out all the events that happened.

Manik seemed to sense it. It was written all over her face."I may have said I will find out, but.." her gaze went to his face. "I may not investigate if you promise me that you will yourself reveal it"

She stared at him. Those chocolate brown eyes were always so compelling, they had such an intensity that it stirred her heart every time she stared at them.

He waited patiently for a reply, but she remained mum. It looked as if she is internally debating what to say wondering about it's consequences.

Slowly though, Manik's patience was fading. He wanted to know it from her, not by carrying out any god damn inquest.

Patience was too much to ask from Manik Malhotra, but Nandini decided to test him. She was confused, he is definitely not the Manik she saw first, that arrogance was gone instead she could only feel the kindness and warmth radiating from him. His dominant and tyrant attitude seemed to have disappeared in the mist.

Manik Malhotra is not arrogant, dominant or tyrant. It is just a mask he wears, but behind that he is everything else.

Her mind was jammed. She almost forgot that he had asked her something until she felt his hand on her shoulder.

It was so comforting.

"Nandini I assure you, you can trust me. I am not going to leak anything" he almost pleaded.

After a long pause, Nandini finally spoke.

"Alright" She smiled at him with a twinkle in her eyes. "But before that, can I ask you something?" he nodded. "Yes, so when you can be this trusty, why did you be arrogant with me in the past. You didn't even lower your dominant tone while you spoke to me and your attitude was absolutely opposite to what it is now. Why is that?"

He looks on amused. "Really?" he giggles while she looks on annoyed. "You are going to question my loyalty because of this?"

She fumes, trying hard not to shout at him for laughing when she just asked him a serious question.

"It's important, to me at least, just to check if you have any shrewd motives"

"Shrewd motives?" he giggles more. "I have absolutely no motives as such." He stops and looks at her confused yet angry face. She looked so..cute.

"You know what, you are so cute when you are angry." She blushed furiously. "And before that can I ask you why you were so sassy when you met me for the first time?"

She was for a second blown away when Manik called her cute. It looked so strange yet soothing to hear it from him. "I am still the same, the difference is you are not"

"Nandini, time changes people, it changed me too. I have understood that you are the type of person who... With whom I can be friends with" He finished it. Though he didn't intend to say this, he was searching for the right words when he this slipped out.

"So now we are friends?" she chuckled.

Manik frowned. "I believe so"

Nandini shook her head at him fondly. "You are an antique piece. You know... You are a drama queen, so moody, I swear your wife's gonna suffer. You are arrogant, then friendly and then you suddenly threaten and at the end you call it friends."

He pouted cutely. "Okay, now tell me, will you say it?"

She observed him. His voiced was laced with curiosity, the desperation to know the truth. Hoping she doesn't regret it in future, she promises him.

"Okay, I'll say you when.. I feel it is the right time. Till then you have to stop bugging me for that. I'll definitely tell you, now that I have even promised I'll definitely tell you, but only when I feel, I need too"

He seemed satisfied. "Okay"

▬▬▬▬

After having dinner in a the same restaurant as the previous day Manik, Nandini and Harry were on their way back.

"Nandini, see Ice-skating" Manik pointed out of the window. "Shall we go?"

She stared at her watch. It was only 8:30, they finished their dinner off pretty soon.

"Of course, I have always wanted to go there, but.. " her voice trailed off as her gaze settled on Harry, who was fast asleep from all the activities and travelling. He was missing his normal nap and other activities.

"We'll take him too. While you go I'll take care of him and while I go you do it" they formed a plan.

"Okay"

The driver turned the other way and took them to the ice-skating place.

Manik took Harry in his arms while Nandini followed them. Her phone started buzzing all of a sudden. The Caller ID showed 'K' and her heart beat started to race.

Inspite of that she picked up the call.

"Hello? What do you want?" she spit.

"Helloo... Nandu Jaan. The answer is always the same. Where are you?"

"And the answer for that also remains the same. I said right, I will not tell? It's none of you business. Stay away!"

"Nandu jaan, see now you are annoying me. Before I myself come to trace you, you yourself say it"

"No asshole. No! You do whatever you want, you'll never find me."

"Bitch--"

She cut the call.

"Nandini? What are you doing? Come on, there is already a huge line." she heard him yelling.

She quickly made her way to him. This goddamn heels. She would have worn shoes if she knew they would hop to ice-skating.

"Sorry, some idiot called, so.." She made excuses.

"Was it that K?" He asked instantly.

"No" She snapped back with the same spontaneity with which he asked.

He seemed to dig further when Harry's squeaky voice brought their attention to him. He woke up from his sleep.

"Mumma! Batman! What ale we doing hele? Did you folget oul hotel's loute? Now how will we go home?" He seemed terrified.

"No Champ!" Manik patted his back comfortingly. "We are going Ice-skating"

"Ice-skating? I'll come too!" he clapped his hands.

"No harry, you're small"

"No Mumma, I am a big boy, I know from A to Z and flom 1 to 100 and I can even say lyhmes. I'll come too" he pouted.

She smiled at him. His cuteness.. "Okay"

As they planned Nandini went first, they gave her the jerkin, boots and glasses. She looked classy in them.

She seemed absolutely in ease as she surfed her way through the mountain. Her every move was perfect and she moved with such a confidence that Manik was blown away.

"Mumma! You ale so good" Hardik cheered her, though she might not hear. "Yes light batman?" he turned to him.

"Yes.." he said dreamily.

After one last turn, Nandini reached the end. She removed all the equipments and returned back.

"You were awesome." He was indeed impressed.

Nandini blushed. "Thank You"

She took Harry from him and the little boy hung on to her, hugging her tightly around the neck, appreciatively.

"Batman, your tuln" he flashed his toothy grin.

Manik gave him a high five and left.

▬▬▬▬

"You were not bad" she patted Manik's back. His body was cold and her warm hands seemed to put him on ease because he closed his eyes the moment she touched him.

Her cheeks turned red.

"Thank you" he grinned seeing her blushing. "Blushing and all uh?" he teased.

"Shut up"

"Mumma! My chance."

"But how can we send him alone, and it's not possible for two of them to go together." she looked ahead searching for an alternative.

"Chill, and look there" he pointed out to her left side. There was a family car, four people could sit on it and slide the mountain. "It's a family car, we can go and moreover it's not even that much crowd"

She agreed with him and they went there. They were each given a jerkin, Harry started throwing tantrums that he wants the jerkin to be the same size as them. It took some time to pacify him.

The car stood at the top of the steep mountain.

Nandini looked a bit apprehensive. "Hold on to me tightly. I'll never leave you" He extended his hand, but she caught his arm firmly. Harry was between them. He was holding onto both of them.

"I'm so excited" Nandini screamed merrily. Manik had never seen her so happy. She looked full of life and beautiful.

He called her cute and beautiful on the same day. 'That's a good improvement', he mocked himself sarcastically.

"Ready, 1, 2 and 3" the in charge person pushed there car and they started sliding.

Harry started to shout. The car bumped at rocks and it just gave a sort of tune to his loud screech.

It was amazing, air was hitting their faced with such fury, they were unable to open their eyes.

After one last swirl, it came to stop.

Nandini jumped out. "It's the best ride I have had till now, Manik!" she giggled.

"Me too." he muttered. She looked so beautiful in the moonlight. Her eyes twinkled and her face was glowing like the moon. He was awestruck.

She was so gorgeous.

"Me too!" Harry grinned. "Can we go again?" He asked innocently.

"Next time Champ" he took him in his arms.

They removed their equipments and left for the hotel.

They reached Nandini's room. She opened it and Harry ran inside.

"Good Night, Nandini" He wished her and started off to his room.

"Manik wait" her voice stopped him in his tracks. He cocked his head at her. "You were so good today. I.. It.. Er.. It made me so happy." she stopped abruptly.

He cocked his eyebrow at her. "So?"

Nandini stared at him, his eyes were staring back at her, it was so intense, she was knocked out.

Maybe it was her hormones or something because she went to him and put her arms around him.

Hell broke loose.

Manik was taken aback. It was unexpected. Nandini as in Nandini Murthy was hugging him.

Never would have he seen this coming.

And blame upon his quick reflexes, he hugged her back. Her petite body fitted perfectly in his arms.

It was heaven.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

So how was it? :) You can take it as a compensation for the late update. Slowly but beautifully their relationship will bloom. But before that, I want to know whether I am doing justice with the story, are you guys liking the storyline, the way their story is progressing?

Put them in the comments and I'd be glad to know.

Read. Vote. Comments.

And also if you feel this story worth it then please share it! And let others know.

#okaythanksbye

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

225K 14K 47
What's meant to be will be. Manik Malhotra. Nandini Murthy. Meant to be together? Maybe? Or with someone else? A story that revolves around everyday...
475K 21.7K 52
The journey of a girl called Nandini who don't have any surname or identity of her own. When she wants to take a step for herself she got an helping...
115K 7.7K 23
Two Souls Craving for True Love.....❤ Two souls Separated Due to Circumstances.... Missing Each Other....... Will their thirst of love ever be satisf...
10.7K 1K 3
Beneath the layers of every realist, pessimist, cynic and modern day woman - as well as the optimists, excited, childish, Old school ones - lies a hi...