Ice To Meet You

By mrigankac

"What else do you want me to say, Mia?" "Did you mean it?" There is a pause and I just-I feel exhausted, the... More

Getting the job by fluke
sexcapades
WHAT A KENT!
What's Gucci?
You snooze; you lose!
Pro Tip: Listen to the voice inside your head.
Is he playing with me or am I getting played?
Proposition to fuck
Make him an offer he can refuse
Brunch is not always a good idea
I was better off at the ma'am cave.
Oh, Balls! He has a she
I don't dessert you
Ice to meet you
D's get degrees
Skyline is the limit
The Broke-lyn Times
Mia makes pour decisions
Sometimes you gotta pop off.
Let's get fizzical
A-dick-ted
Running latte!
SHI(f)T
Pitch imperfect
I love you until I find someone better
Loves the article or loves it not?
Hello, Nathaniel! Bye Kent?
Ass-ume
Cheese still not over it
Do it for the gram
Why so salTEA?
A-man-don't
He's guiltTEA and he nose it
Donut let me go
The good in goodbye
5 Reasons I Would Rather Date An Asshole Than A Nice Guy
Brow down to me.
Don't fall in love with a girl like me
Nate Happening
What we've all been waiting for part 1
Part 2
Drinking about you
She alcohol-ed me
Do I have to paint you a pitcher?
Too sleepy to think of a title.
That was a mouthful to swallow
NATE-IVE INDIAN
Exclusive or Ex-clusive?
Tit for tat
I think I can finger this out
Where there is a Will, there is a way
All's fire in love and war
A step too fire
Turn Mi(a) On
As fire as the eyes can see
Enter-Kent-ment
Love-heat relationship
thank u, next
He's neat
colLITeral damage
Fast and fieryous
Too Match, too soon
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
High definition
When Liam shows emotions
Sleep deprived Chapter.
Oh, deer.
What if I can't?
Relationshit
DespaRATE
Rachel's Story, Part 1
Rachel's Story, Part 2
Take it or leave it
Flowers and thorns Part 1
In My Mind Part 1
In My Mind Part 2
In My Mind 3
Chapter 80
Untitled Part 81
Untitled Part 82
Untitled Part 83
Untitled Part 84
Part 85

A cremative mind

372 41 38
By mrigankac

I open my eyes and my throat is parched—my body feels soar—like I've had a strenuous workout and I lift my back up and a holy fuck. Pain radiates through my entire being and I scream out in pain.

Soft hands caress my head and I exhaled loudly—it hurts to breathe. I force my eyes open and when I don't move—it doesn't hurt.

"It hurts so much..." I whimper in pain. Tears pooling my eyes.

"I know sweetheart, I am so sorry. The nurse is on her way and we'll give you some pain medication." Liam coos me and I despise his guts. Once I am feeling better, I will kick his ass.

"Water," I yell.

"Baby I have to ask the nurse first just give me—"

"Just shut up and give me water you son of a bitch."

Just as the words are out of my mouth the nurse walks in. I don't regret the words out of my mouth one bit—he deserves it and so much more. I am too sober to drive my ass. The pain is killing me. Please make it stop. Please do something, somebody.

"How are you feeling love?" The nurse asks me and I roll my eyes at her.

"Like death. Make the pain stop." I scream on her face. I am in pain. Give me medication and just fuck off. This is not the moment to make small talk with me—I will cut a bitch in half.

"Love the pain will be there for a few weeks but we can give you some morphine to numb it."

"Either that or give me some poison. It hurts to breathe." It hurts double to talk so spare me the talk and give me the mediation woman. RIGHT NOW.

"This might put you to sleep," the nurse tries to talk again.

"Can it be forever? I would like that." She doesn't try to talk any longer, thank god. She takes my arm and it's bandaged and I have no idea what my injuries are or where I am hurt specifically—I just wish I was dead. At least the pain would be gone.

She injects something in the drip that I am attached to and I just close my eyes and wait for sleep to embrace me. Liam is back to caressing my hair and even with my eyes closed, I can feel his guilt. Good.

"How long will it take for her to recover completely?" Hannah asks —I think—my vision is too fuzzy and mushy.

"Completely? About six weeks. I still can't believe she jumped in front of me. She could have been killed."

"That's Mia for you when she loves—she loves damn hard."

"Are you saying she's in love with me?" HOLY FUCK HANNAH, YOU FUCKING BITCH. He's going to run away and it's too soon. We haven't even slept together!

"I don't think she's in love with you yet but I am sure she loves you. She loves everything that touches her life—she cries when a fucking goldfish dies. She's just that kind of person you know."

"I am starting to see that. Can I ask you something Hannah?" he whispers and goddammit! Speak loudly, I demand it.

"Of course."

"Why didn't she date in college? Guys must throw themselves at her..."

"I think underneath all this big game she writes, she's just a scared little puppy that wants to fall in love and live happily ever after... Hookups and casual relationships just aren't her things."

I want to eavesdrop so bad but I can't keep my eyes open any longer. Let me stay awake brain. I want to hear this. Please.

I open my eyes and my head is throbbing. I shut them back and I wish I could just die so the pain ends. It's torture.

"Why isn't she up by now?" Liam asks somebody else in the room and he's so concerned and worried about me. It's touching.

"You are in this position because of him Mia, that is the least he can do." Inner bitch reprimands me and I am so glad she's back. It's so good to finally feel a little like myself.

"Her body is recovering. She'll be fine. You should go get some rest too. How's your ankle?"

"It's nothing compared to her injuries."

They say something more I can't comprehend and I pass out once again.

I open my eyes and try to get up, a scream escapes my throat reminding me of my injuries. Shit. It's dark and no one is around and he keeps his laptop aside and scoots down to my bed. The light coming from his screen illuminating his pained expression.

"I am so sorry sweetheart," he purrs as he reaches for my hands, holds them and kisses my knuckles.

"I hate you."

"That makes the two of us."

"Are you hurt?"

"I wish I was,"

"Me too."

"Why didn't you let me get hurt then? Why did you jump in front of me?"

"That would hurt a lot more."

"I am not good with trusting people and relationship and opening up and shit."

"I can see that," I say and giggle—Ouch! Fuck the pain is back with a bang. It hurts to have any movement in my ribs.

"What can I do to make you feel better baby?"

"Can you lift my bed up a little so I can sit up without moving? My neck hurts like a bitch."

He turns the light on which makes me screw my eyes shut—the light is blinding. He places his hand on my eyes and pushes the button on the side that inclines the back of my bed forward.

Ouch—ouch—oh! Fuck. I am dying of pain. It's like somebody is electrocuting my entire body.

"Don't cry baby," he purrs as he wipes my tears.

"Can you shut the light it's bothering me?"

"Yes. Do you want anything?"

"I want water but it will hurt to gulp it down so I'll just die of dehydration hopefully."

"You have an IV to hydrate you."

"All this back talk won't make me not hate you." I didn't notice before but his eyes are bloodshot red and his hair is unruly and all over his forehead.

He turns the light out and I can finally think.

"I do need something, Liam?"

"Anything."

"Go back to your place and get some sleep," the thought of him leaving makes me feel miserable-er but he needs rest.

"I won't be able to sleep."

"Why not?"

"I just—let's not get into that. Can I get you something to eat?"

"Maybe in the morning, you can get me a peanut butter milkshake."

"You got it."

"Actually, can you do me a favor?" I know I shouldn't but I just can't help it.

"Anything."

"Lie down next to me," the bed around me is extra-large and I am on one side, he can easily sleep on the other. He doesn't have to go home. Maybe when I am feeling a little better I will appreciate how humungous and beautiful my room is. It has plants and couches and stuff all around.

He takes off his slides and climbs on the bed. The movement hurts my back and I bite my tongue to hold myself from screaming out in agony. He settles down on the side and I sigh—I am mad at him but I still care about his wellbeing.

"I sorry you're in pain," he purrs and I know he means it. I move my hands and place it on his chest. He places his hand on mine and I hold onto him.

"Just sleep, I'll punish your ass out tomorrow," I warn him.

"I like the sound of that," he purrs as he lifts my hand to his mouth and kisses it. Then keeps my hand under his cheek, resting his face on it. In spite of the pain and my anger—something stirs inside of me. I feel warm and gooey in my belly.

"Mia?"

"Umm..."

"I'll try my best to be a good boyfriend."

I go to sleep with a smile on my face. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 23 14
"Do you understand that I'm just like you, Mina?" I envy those who are loved. And Dae has it all, the love, the support, everything... There are no...
385K 7.4K 49
all of his attention is on her no matter how he feels about her. He don't want to like her He don't want to want her He don't want to love her. But...
1.4K 21 37
"I'll wait as long as you need." he whispered and I felt myself blush. Carson would wait for me. He wanted me. I cleared my throat a little which ma...
540K 15K 39
"Leave the heels on,"he said as he pulled my hair to the side and bit down on my ear. I could not help but moan.He was only in his boxers and hard a...