The Wolf and The Dragon (Book...

By Akita_Ninjago

Ninjago, after the events of Series 9 & 10 What had really happened between sessions 9 and 11? Who is the Wol... More

Prologue
Nightmares and Visions
A New Quest
Mini-Cole
The Professor
Origins
Hey Rumi...
Bloodline
Beautiful Bloom {the time traveller dragon}
The Princess Save Me
Healing? now or never...
EVERY ENDING IS ALWAYS A NEW BEGINNING
Some Die, Some Live...
Day of the Departed
Love Birds in the Kitchen
The March of the Oni
Down on memory lane
Following the Sunset
Who is The Dragon?
About Last Night
Kim vs Cole
The Fall
The Might Goddess vs The Master of Water
The Jump
The Brutal Attack
Between life and death
The Master of Wind
Falling into a trap
Code 1: A time-critical event with immediate response required
Ninja GO!
The Genji Twins
All together again
Wine on the rooftop
Sunrise Exercise
Romance or Friendship?
The Wall of Fame
The return of the crazy old Lady
Mistake's Advice and Noodles
The heart of The Quiet One
Surprise! - Meeting the second guardian

The Doctor

1.3K 29 38
By Akita_Ninjago

Previously on Ninjago AU:

Guys here! - Jay screamed over to the others.

Cole, Nya and Kay, come next, Kay lights his fire, to make easy to see what are they looking at, a bunch of blonde silvery hair. Cole quick remove the piece of concrete covering the head, and that was when Lloyd and Zane come close. (...on the previous chapter...)

A few hours later...

[The Doctor POV]

I was so tired, all day long, all I had was people dying in my hands while I was trying to save them.

I still have another 2 hours of my shift, and I couldn't wait any longer, though since the "Monster" was released in town, I didn't have any proper break as I was called back to help every time I just reached home".

What now? - I thought to myself watching the ambulance parked at the entrance taking out another patient or corpses...

The paramedic walking in front gives me a folder with notes, I am concentrating on reading: loss limbs, head trauma, collapsed the lungs, possible spine fractures.... - Great! Another death on my hands! - I sigh to myself, feeling helpless.

I look to my 'patient', completely ignoring anybody else around, I Felt her weak pulse, noticing her wrist is also broken. I thought for a while she had blood all around her eyes, but as I Look close I Realize it was paint or some sort of makeup, I Gave another look at the paperwork the paramedic had handled me, and see she has a name, and a title, they normally run a fingerprint checking in the ambulance, if they find a finger, which they did.

The Jade Princess, or The Quiet One, I read to myself, thinking what an irony of events.

-"The Monster releaser hum! - What next, the Monster himself for me to save?" - thought I was still talking to myself only, but I guess I said that aloud, as the answer came from the other side of the stretcher.

-"No, don't worry! - He is already contained in Jail" - said the green eyes guy, I finally noticed following the patient, in a very serious voice.

-"Are you related?" - I asked him pointing to her.

-"Not to her" - he answers me.

I wasn't sure he was trying to be funny, or just annoying, I just ignore, people do/say strange things when they are in shock, and I could see that was the case.

-"Please, you have to let us do our work now" - I said to him, blocking his entrance in the emergency theatre room, a polite way to say "go away". Then I realized his hands were hurt, badly hurt leaving blood drips on the floor - "Please speak to one of the nurses to check your hands", I told him before closing the doors, but he didn't move.

I turn away and start to talk to my team, there was 6 of us, myself, 3 nurses and 2 of my resident doctors, they have already access her initial condition, I didn't need them to tell me, I knew the odds.

After 3 hours or so, we have stabilized her condition, immobilized broken arms, amputated what was left from both her legs and stop the bleeding, suture all wounds, and preparing for a scam to fully access the damage in her brain and spine, to then induced her into a coma.

-"How is she still alive?" - I Heard one of the nurse asking in a rhetoric way.

-"Well, she has a big debt to pay for her crimes! - not only she had released the Monster that destroyed the city, and she has also killed both her adoptive parents " - Said one of my resident doctors

-"The Royal emperors! They gave everything to her, and she killed them! It is unbelievable"- another one complete.

-"How do you guys know all that?" - I asked while injecting pentobarbital into her drip.

-"What world do you leave Doctor? - it is all over the news. Haven't you see?" - another said

-"I guess when I am not working here I try to have some sleep" - I reply while cleaning myself and dispose of my apron full of blood.

-"who is the puppy eyes watching us? - Her boyfriend?" - a nurse asked. I knew she talking about the green eyes guy I had talked before.

-"I can believe you don't know who he is!!! - he is the Green Ninja, Lloyd Montgomery Garmadon, son of the Monster, Lord Garmadon, he actually saved us by defeating his own father" - Tom, resident doctor, answered the question in a very excited voice. And got my interest. I laugh to myself, as I finally understand his joke before.

-"Ah! "- the nurse gasp - "Why is he waiting like that? - is he taking her to jail after we finish? "

-"That is cruel guys!" - I said

-"Nah! Is more like they were having a thing, at least she made him believe that was the case, some paparazzi manage to get some intimated pictures of the two of them together, just before everything happened. - accordingly, to the media, she was just using him to get what she wants: Bring Garmadon back!!." Tom again very excite finishes his sentence.

When I heard that I felt sorry for him, poor guy! If after all that, he was still standing there waiting to hear about her fate, his heart was far more damage than her body.

I finished cleaning myself and disposing of my hat, mask and gloves, and made my way out, signing some papers and giving the others instructions for when I wasn't there.

-"Well, guys I see you all in the day after tomorrow" - realising I didn't even know what day of the week it was -"I Am really desperately in need for some rest." - I Said as I Finally leave the room.

As I Open the door, the green eyes looked at me as if asking: - "how is she?"

-"She has survived! So far!" - I Said quite abrupt, realising his hands was still bleeding, as he tries to hold them against his sleeves, full of blood now.

-"Follow me!" - I told him, and he did as tell without questioning.

-"Sit down" - I Said point the bed in the treatment room we just entered, now he looks a bit suspicious, but follow my instruction.

- "Let me see your hands?" - I told him in an authoritarian way, I Was bit cross he hasn't got that hands sort while waiting, I Was tired, but I felt I have to fix his hands before I leave. He protests!

-"Honestly I'm fine, you don't have to worry about....." - he tries to get up, I Interrupt him

-"Sir, you can not stay in a hospital for hours bleeding like this! Please sit down and let me see your hands" - I said realising I was almost shouting at him, it works, he sits back and opens his hand to me.

-"If you are brave enough I will give you a lollipop!" - I said with a much calmer voice, try to break the ice after my storm, he gives me a grin.

I reach his left hand with my right trying to remove his sleeves way so I could see the wounds.

But as my fingers lightly touch his palm I got a 200 volts shock that almost drop me in the floor.

He quickly grabs my arm catching me before I fall, and getting blood all over my white sleeves.

-"I am sorry, this never happened, it must be because my hand is 'kind of hurting' and my elemental power seems to be unstable" - he looks all embarrassed for what just happened.

-"It is OK!" - I Turn around and put some gloves in my hands, observing that my finger was glowing - "I should never start that without gloves anyway" - I Said that with a friendly smile, sitting in front of him, pulling a tray beside me with all my instruments, and start to work in his hands.

-"So, Elemental power, is that how you called your... " - I wave one of my hand, try to make small talk, as I Remove a piece of glass that was still deep into his hand.

He nodded and grind his teeth and I realise it was hurting, but there was not energy over flooding.

-"Would you like some anaesthetic?" - I asked him.

-"It is Ok! I Can 'hand - le' it." - he said that in a funny way as trying to make a joke. -"Somehow it sounds better if Jay has said it" - he finishes his sentence with a smile.

-"who is Jay?"

-"My friend, well more like a brother really."

-"Is he also a Ninja?" I carried on with the small talk to keep his mind out of the pain, so I Could finish mending his hands.

-"Yes, he is the blue one" - as if I Knew any of their colors.

-"How many of you?"

-"They were four to start with Jay, the blue I Already told you about him, Cole the back, Kai the red and Zane the white, then I Joined, I Am the green, as you may know, and Nya after me, she is the water Ninja, she can't pick a colour" - I saw in his face lighting up as he carries on speaking about his friends. - "Nya is Kai's sister and Jay's girlfriend, and kind of my big sister, she has been looking after me the last few weeks when I almost lost myself..."

He pauses a bit, realising I have finish suturing both of his hands.

-"You are quick! I thought I would have to tell you my entire life" - he said with a smile

-"The psychiatric department is in the next wing" - I said pointing to a random direction, and we both laughter.-"We are done!" - I said turning to the sink to clean myself, but I notice he was still there watching me.

-"is anything else I can help you with" - I asked him

-"Yes, I want my lollipop!" - he said that with a childish smile, and couldn't believe my eyes.

I open a cupboard trying to find the sweets jars we have for the kids, and I also found a box of Ninja Plaster.

-"Would like a 'Ninja plaster' as well?" - I asked him, joking with my 'kind-to-kids' doctor's voice

-"Yes please" - he carries on

-"Here we go, a Red Ninja for you" - there was no green ninja in the box, only guessed it was every kid's favourite.

-"Oh No! He is the worse! I want the Green one" - he said that stomping his feet as if he was really 4 or 5.

- "I am sorry! - I said showing him the box - "No Green Ninja here, only Red, or..." - I pause, trying to read the name in the plaster - "Samurai X...?" - I Said that unsure it was even a Ninja, maybe that should be in a different box I Thought.

- "I have Samurai X!" - he shouts happily, still in his 5 years old mode - "That is Nya, by the way, before she becomes the water ninja, and she kicks Kai's ass anytime." - he said that back to his ... (?), whatever age he actually is, he guessed I Didn't have a clue who Samurai X was!

-"Thank you very much, Doctor ..." - he tries reading my dirt hospital card - "'Okami'"

-"Ruby Okami! And you are very welcome Lloyd Garmadon." He looks surprised I Knew his name. He leaves the room and walks way in the direction of where the girl was.

I went to my locker to get my things and leave the hospital, I Was exhausted, as I Walk towards the reception I saw Lloyd still there watching. For a moment I thought I should just leave, but I couldn't.

-"Lloyd!", I call him, and he looks at me with the sad eyes I Saw earlier - "not much will change until tomorrow, she is on induced coma, in fact, she will stay like that for next 72 hours until we would be able to give a better prognostic. Meanwhile, go home, have some rest, give your Red friend a hard time for not being so popular with the kids" - I Try to cheer him up again, got only a half-smile. - "leave your contact details with her records in the reception, and if something, anything happens, you will be the first one to know."

He nodded thanking me again, and I Left... That was over 4 hours since my shift finished.

But, somehow, I couldn't just go home to sleep, I need to find Mistake.

---

AN: - Dear reader (well, I hope I have some!)

I am pleased to introduce you to my first OC, Doctor Ruby Okami. In the next few chapters, you will find more about her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.2K 1K 87
(Tw- Language) •♡"I'm glad I met you." "I'm glad too... And remember... I will always love you. No matter what happens."♡• ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡...
66.7K 2.2K 31
When an unexpected competitor arrives at the tournament of elements, y/n realizes that her and the ninja are in more danger than they realize. Instea...
63.2K 891 35
Have you ever wondered what would have happened if Harumi realized that she was just a pawn to Lord Garmadon during his reign on Ninjago City? Harumi...
6.1K 109 4
「COMPLETED」 Lloyd and Nya resist Emperor Garmadon's oppressive hold on Ninjago City. Harumi falls down the building, everyone saw her fall, but they...