Ms. Sencen?

By hunterofartemis109

"This isn't funny, Keefe, why are we in the same bed?" Sophie shrieked, her hair like a rat's nest on her hea... More

PREFACE
The Potions Shop
Waking Up (In the Same Bed, I Might Add!)
Cooking Is Hard
Relationship Problems?
Auntie Stina and Uncle Fitz
1K SPECIAL! Malik and Alethea: Forever is Not Enough
A Curious Dilemma
3K SPECIAL! Naomi and the Flour Incident
You Mean to Say That He's... DEAD?!?
7K SPECIAL! Malik and Alethea: Love is love is love is love
Why Are You Always On My Mind?
11K SPECIAL! Favian and Ciarรกn: Lost in the Woods
Wedding Bells
30K SPECIAL! Favian and Ciarรกn: Touching Infinity (Don't Let Me Fall)
Falling Stars
Suk Kind of Sucks
45K SPECIAL! Favian and Ciarรกn: Too Good to be Good For Me
Trouble at Havenfield
The Aftermath
60K SPECIAL! Fitz: The Long Way Home
Love Confessions
This is Awkward. I am Awkward. Life is Awkward.
In Which Sophie and Keefe Are Blind
A Thousand Years of Waiting
Author's Note: An Explanation
Keefe and Sophie, Sitting In A Tree
Ashes, Ashes
We All Fall Down
Lose Yourself (Find Yourself)
Head Over Heels
Take Chances, Make Mistakes

You Have Been Cordially Invited

13.3K 193 515
By hunterofartemis109

alright. so like... last chapter i said to someone we were trying to stick to a new update schedule?? we would update on the 28th of every month??? and i've already broken that????

haha i'm a great person 💞

so anyways... enjoy this tea ☕☕☕

~anna, the constant breaker of update schedules

*STiLl mUMbLinG*

ilOvEfriEs

~katlyn

Hi so this is Ari typing so hi :)

July 26th, Alternate Universe, Mid-Afternoon

Sophie:

"Keefe, we've got mail!" I shouted down the hall, clutching an ivory-white envelope in my fist.

Keefe poked his head out of the door to my left, his face still dripping from his shower. "Yeah, Sencen?"

"Don't call me that," I snapped, then blushed and twirled my hair. "And put some clothes on, I'm not talking to you while you're only wearing a towel."

"You're in a bad mood," noted Keefe, walking past me and leaving a trail of wet footprints. "Did Naomi throw up on you again?"

I glared at his back, wishing that my eyes could shoot daggers.

Five minutes later, Keefe walked out of our room, drying his hair. "So what's in the envelope?"

"I don't know," I said condescendingly. "I haven't opened it yet, because I choose to participate in the practice of common courtesy."

"I swear, I don't say 'thank you' one time - " muttered Keefe underneath his breath, until he caught me death-glaring his way.

I opened the letter, reading the golden ink words. "'Along with your families, Jensi Babblos and Bex Dizznee request the presence of you company at their wedding ceremony on Tuesday, July 28th at 7 o'clock in the evening at The Gloaming Valley, reception to follow.'"

"Holy crap. I did not see that couple coming," said Keefe, voicing my thoughts but in a much ruder manner.

I turned to glare at him. "You could be a little nicer about it, you know."

Keefe rested his chin on my head, reading the letter over my shoulder and causing me to blush (against my will.) "Yeah, but what's the fun in that? Wow, they sound so fancy. I'm surprised, the Bex Dizznee I know would have sent a crayon-covered letter. If she even sent a letter at all and didn't just kidnap you."

"This isn't our universe," I reminded him. "So? Are we going or not?"

"Of course we're going. I'm not passing up the chance to get good food," said Keefe after very little debate over the matter.

"Keefe!" I reprimanded, stepping out from underneath him, and he stuck his tongue out at me. Pretending I didn't see him, I opened the envelope again. "It's in... a little more than a week, I think. We should probably get clothes. Do they have a dress code?"

"Assuming we don't get out of here in that time. And, did I hear you wrong, or does the great Sophie Foster want to go shopping?" asked Keefe dramatically.

"I have never understood why elves don't have Amazon," I declared. "So yes, we're going shopping. Are you up for a trip to Mysterium?"

One leap later, we stood in the middle of the giant working-class city, surrounded by shops and stalls with vendors shouting and advertising their products. Someone ran into my shoulder and I stumbled, almost tripping, before Keefe caught me by the wrist.

"So. Where are we going first?" I asked, grabbing Keefe's hand so I wouldn't get lost, then immediately dropping it the second I realized what I had done.

Keefe groaned. "Why don't they have maps?" he asked with a frown, looking just about as lost as I felt. "Let's go... here," he decided, walking through the front door of a shop and then promptly turning on his heel and walking back out. "Let's not. That is not an appropriate shop for children."

"While we're here, we might as well visit Slurps and Burps," I told him. "Maybe they have an antidote for whatever's happening to us."

"You know, the person who might have an antidote would probably be those sketchy guys who ran the shop Physic took us to," Keefe told me. "But we can go there tomorrow, it's literally impossible to get there."

"If anyone would know about alternate universes, it's Kesler," I said, walking forward and pretending I knew where I was going.

"That's the wrong way, but wherever you want to go, Foster, I follow," said Keefe, taking my hand and tugging me along in the opposite direction.

I blushed and stared down at our joined hands, suddenly at a loss for words. "Um, o-okay, thanks," I mumbled, cursing myself for stuttering.

When we opened the door to Slurps and Burps and the familiar jingle rang out, Kesler shouted, "Just a minute! We'll be with you in a flash!"

"Oh, is Dex here?" I called back, because Dex was the only one who ever worked in the shop. Slurps and Burps was the best apothecary in the Lost Cities, but no one wanted to work here. Maybe it was the exploding things or the ridiculous decor. Or maybe it was elf prejudice that they didn't want to work with a Talentless. Either way, it was stupid, I decided, because it was home-y and it was fun.

Kesler appeared suddenly by our sides. "Sophie! What a pleasure to see you, come in, come in. GRADY!" he shouted to the back of the shop. "SOPHIE'S HERE!"

And a very familiar elf stepped out and into our view.

Meanwhile, The Same Day, Normal Universe, Mid-Afternoon

Third Person POV:

"Elwin, do you know what's wrong?" asked Biana, worriedly staring over Sophie, deep in sleep on a hospital bed. She clutched her friend's hand tighter, wishing that she would just open her eyes. "It's been almost five days, you've got to know why they won't wake up."

"It's some sort of potion, I think," said Elwin with a frown, adjusting his goggles.. "I don't know what's keeping them asleep, though," he added, watching Keefe and Sophie worriedly.

"K-" Sophie started, stuttering over the word. "Keefe?" she mumbled, her eyes still closed.

END OF SEASON ONE

end of season one? can this be it? is it our fourteenth chapter? the one where nothing happens?

you bet your ass it is!

honestly i didn't think we'd make it this far but thank you for your support of this extremely disappointing, crappy story!! you are the people who get us to update this, and you are the people we write this for, so:

thank you for 15k reads!

unfortunately, ms. sencen? is going on hiatus until august 10th - about three months from now. we're overloaded with school and work, so we're taking a much-needed vacation!

but don't worry - you can expect an extra-long chapter when we return!

~anna, a horrible person (we know)

p.s. yay! cover change!! you can be honest, tho - did you actually notice and would you rather have the old one back?

*this mumbling joke is getting old*

aVEngErs eNdGAmE

~katlyn

WORD COUNT: 1214

thank you to JuneFlowers24 for finding us the date, you're amazing thank you so much !!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.3K 411 9
.โœซ*๏พŸ๏ฝฅ๏พŸ๏ฝก.โ˜….*๏ฝก๏ฝฅ๏พŸโœซ*. TW: HOMOPHOBIA cover credit: Soso_doodles๐ŸŒป on tumblr "๐’ด๐‘’๐’ถ๐’ฝ, ๐’ฎ๐‘œ๐“…๐’ฝ. ๐ผ ๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ด๐“ฎ ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š." Sophie wants to be normal. She alwa...
113K 793 34
"Sophie Elizabeth Foster, do you take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband?" Sophie's eyes welled with tears. She was getting married to the m...
248K 2.5K 41
He turned towards her side of the bed, snaked his arms around her waist, and slide his leg between hers, kissing the back of her neck lightly until...
1.8K 49 30
What if someone close to Sophie died? What if she couldn't get over it and became violent? What if Sophie made a mistake that she couldn't undo? What...