Smithereens || reddie

By notcoincidental

I wanna kiss him even though it will ruin everything so I don't ...but he does. - - - - I'm really sorry the... More

"The Girlfriend"
"Eddie spagetti"
"My Journal"
"I dont Blame Her"
"are you ok"
"lets go"
GONE
cracker barrel
" surprise birthday party"
"The Plan"
"Surprise Bitch"
"Hawkins"
"The Sleepover"
"Dont let go"
"Happy Fucking Birthday Rich"
"Im A Goner"
"Thanks Mom"
"I Dont Want You To Die"
"A McDonalds Worker"
"Camp of eden"
"Love who you love
"Stan, I love you"
"Stay with me"
"Im sorry bill"
"Perfect To Me"
"I Am Who I Am"
"Yellow Duct Tape"
"The Concert"
"The Concert" Part 2.
"Give him space"
"I Knew You Would Stay"
"What Surgery?"
"He's Alive"
"The date"
"I love y- BOOM"
"In The Void"
"Dangerrrr"
"Ceramic Owl"
"Bad Things Always Happen At Partys"
"I Just Lost Someone I love"
"Sorry Won't Fix A Broken Heart"
"Daddy Issues"
"Sick Means Sick and I'm not Sick"
"The Puppy"
"We are gonna get a cat"
Birdcage
I love you
Everything i wanted
Home
3k YAAYYY!!
Homework

"An Exorcism"

346 9 5
By notcoincidental

*richies house*

I toss and turn in my bed and can't seem to sleep. I pull the hair on the back of my head and fiddle my feet around in my blankets. Poor Eddie, even after all of this is out of him how is he gonna recover? I'm worried about him.

*ring,ring,ring*

I tense up when I hear my phone ring. I turn over and look at my phone. It was Katie. What now? I pick up the phone and answer the call. I now hold it up to my ear. 

Katie: Eddies really sick right now.

Richie: What? Katie, it's 2 am.

Katie: No, he like has a 103 fever and he's seeing things and he woke up in the middle of the night to throw up and everything is just like falling apart.

I jump up and move my legs to the side of my bed.

Richie: What exactly was he seeing?

Katie: He saw a puppy and he saw the sink was broken and he saw a girl a-and I just can't right no-

Richie: wait what did the girl look like?

Katie: I don't know, he said she kinda looked like Millie except different. She had a little bit shorter hair and she had a-

Richie: A bloody nose?

I'm shaking

Katie: *pause* yeah hi did you know that?

Richie: ok you need to tell me exactly what happened.

Katie: He woke up in the middle of the night and ran to the bathroom to throw up. Afterwards he told me he had a dream with a girl named like- *breathes put* like a number-

Richie: Eleven?

Katie: Yeah, and she told him to not worry, that she's on her way. Eddie told me that she's from Indiana and that she's his friend but I thought it's just a bunch of hub bub that he's making up but if yo-

Richie: no no no, Elevens a real girl and she has powers and she's from Indiana and she's coming to Derry to get his sickness out a-

Katie: Wait wait WAIT What?

Richie: I'll explain later. *pause* where is Eddie?

Katie: He's asleep and so is his mom.

I pull the chain on my lamp turning it on. I throw the blankets off of me.

Richie: Ok, I'm coming over.

Katie: What, no- *hangs up*

I put my phone on the table and get up to grab my shoes. I slip them on and double knot both of them. I grab my jacket off the back of my bed and put it on. I then grab my phone and shove it in my pocket. I take my pillows and shove them in my blankets to make it look like I'm still in bed. Turn the lamp off and then slowly step towards my door. I lay my hand on the handle and turn it slowly. Once it's open I take a step forward and walk out. I shut the door slowly behind me and start to walk down the stairs. All the way down without making a squeak. I'm proud. I open the door and step out while shutting it behind me. As soon as the door is closed all the way I run over to my bike and get on it. I get over to Eddies house faster than you can say "your mom" I throw my bike down and run over to the small tidy house. The window is closed shut. I walk up to it and jump up to knock on it. I hit it multiple times before Katie comes to the window and opens it.

Katie: Why the fuck are you here?

Richie: just help me up.

She grabs my hand and helps me climb up into the room. I messily hop in and once I catch my balance she closes the window.

Katie: Why are you here? Like you don't just show up to a house Richie.

Richie: *eye roll* I just needed to-

I turn and look at Eddie sleeping in the bed. He looks peaceful. I wanna run up to the bed and start jumping on it like I used too. I see his pretty face and his curly hair. He was wearing a Ramones shirt with some sweat pants.

Katie: Why are you here Richie?

Richie: I know it's only been a few days but I feel like I haven't seen him in years. I just feel so lost without him.

Katie: Don't you have school tomorrow?

Richie: Ditching.

I walk over to Eddies side of the bed and sit down on the side of the bed. I want to rub his back because he likes when I do that but he's a light sleeper and I don't want to wake him. I look at him sleeping.

Richie: You know we used to play this game when we were little. One of us would close our eyes and the other would hide. And then if the one seeking would find the other person in under 45 seconds they could tell them to do anything and they would have to do it. And if they couldn't find the person in under 45 seconds then the person hiding could make the seeker do what ever they wanted the seeker to do. So one time Eddie didn't find me and I could make him do anything in the world and he would have to do it. I said "kiss me" as a joke that I thought was funny but the next thing I know Eddie kissed me. We were only like 7 and it probably meant nothing to him and he just did it as a joke but it made me happy. It was my first kiss.

We haven't played it since. I just can't wait for the day where everything will be ok. I'm sick and tired of being unhappy.

I stand up and look down at Eddie and smile. I wish I could hold his hand or just tell him that I love him. I wish I could be here with him.

Richie: I'm guessing he's not going to school tomorrow?

Katie: Yeah, that's the plan.

Richie: Ok, Katie Listen, him and his mom need to be asleep by midnight. Ok?

Katie: That seems simple.

Richie: And around 11:00 you need to go downstairs and unlock the door.

Katie: What? Why Richie so you ca-

Richie: Katie, please do what I ask, otherwise Eddie might be up shits creak. Give him green tea as often as you can and you have to call me if he sees another thing. Ok?

Katie: Got it.

I walk over to Eddies shelf of nick-Nacks and grab the owl. I take out the camera from inside it. I just feel Katie's eyes on me.

Katie: What? you were stalking Eddie?

Richie: no.

Katie: Really? Putting a camera in his room isn't stalkerish at all?

Richie: Katie, Listen to me you don't understand any of this AT ALL. I will explain this to you soon but please you have to trust me.

I see her face go from confused to worried.

Katie: ok fine.

She walks over to the bed and lays down.

Katie: Keep the window open just tat.

I crawl out of the window and hop down. I look back up to the window and breathe in and out.

*morning*

Katie's POV

*ring, ring, ring*

Eddies alarm is so loud, he changed it to a ring but it used to be a song. I rub my eyes awake. The bed is so comfy I just want to stay in it forever. The alarm slowly gets louder.

Katie: You gonna turn that off or not edd-

I look over to his side of the bed and Eddie was not there. I sit up quickly and crawl over to the alarm to shut it off.

Katie: Eddie? EDDIE?

I throw the blankets off my body and step off the bed. The door was wide open. Maybe he just going to the bathroom. I walk over to the door and step out. I take another step out the door and as soon as I see the bathroom door wide open with no one in it I take off running downstairs.

Katie: Eddie!?

I turn to look in the kitchen and see Eddie kneeling on the ground with a carton of spilled milk.

Katie: Oh my god, Eddie!

I run over to him on the ground.

Eddie: I'm fine Katie, just spilled some milk.

I grab the paper towels from the table and unravel some. I put them on top of the spilled milk soaking it up.

Katie: What happened?

Eddie: I-I don't know.

I get it cleaned up and place the paper towels in the trash can. I help Eddie stand up on his feet.

Katie: You ok?

I hold his hands up, he's shaking.

Eddie: I don't know, My hands feel numb and my head hurts and everything is just blurry.

Katie: Yeah? How's your fever?

He looks at me as if I just told him Florida was a city in Missouri.

Eddie: Fever? What fever?

Katie: You threw up last night and had a 103 temperature.

Eddie: Right, I don't remember anything from yesterday.

Katie: Not a thing? Not even the puppy? Or the sink? Or Eleven?

Eddie: A puppy? Eleve-

Katie: Just forget it.

Eddie: I just am dizzy and nauseous and I-I where's um?

Katie: Here, lets sit down on the couch.

Eddie: Yeah, sure.

We both walk over to the couch and sit down.

Eddie: I feel like everything is a dream right now, l-like I'm not here, like this isn't real. I can't feel my hands and I feel like the whole world is spinning.

Katie: What is the last throng you remember?

Eddie: I *breathes in* I um I remember urban outfitters.

Katie: Like when we went to the mall. The sweater you bought?

Eddie: Yeah I remember us going to the mall and um then we- um *breathes out* I forgot.

Katie: Its ok, just breathe. Wanna watch a movie or something until your mom wakes up?

Eddie: Yeah sure.

I grab the remote and start flipping through the movies on Netflix.

Katie: What movie do you want to watch?

Eddie: To All The Boys I've loved before?

Katie: Played our!

Eddie: Sierra Burgess is a loser?

Katie: Yawn!

Eddie: Kissing Booth?

Katie: I mean, I can't say it's not fun to watch so sure.

I go to the Netflix search and start typing. After I put in "kissi" it came up. I clicked and then it started to play. I just laid my head back on the back of the couch and closed my eyes while Eddie watched the movie.

Eddie: Katie! Katie!

Suddenly I feel Eddie just shaking the crap out of me. My head shoots up.

Katie: What?!

Eddie: the movie is over.

Katie: Did I sleep through it?

Eddie: Yeah, you missed it all, my mom got up and went to the gym and someone called you like 3 times, I didn't check who cause I didn't want to invade your privacy.

I reach over and grab my phone from the coffee table and use the fingerprint scan on my thumb. The phone opens up. I pull down the notifications icon and Richie has called me three times. I look at Eddie with a "I think your mom is fucking my dad" kind of look.

Katie: I have to take this.

I get up and run to the bathroom locking the door behind me. I dial Richies number and hold it up to my ear.

Richie: Hi!

Katie: What is it Richie?

Richie: Nothing, I'm just kinda hungover an-

Katie: You were drinking? Why?

Richie: lonely, I also called Bill but I forgot what I told him.

Katie: Richie, you're only seventeen. First off that's illegal, second off that's so bad for you and third off if you start now you'll never stop.

Richie: I was just sad and lonely so I drank a few drinks. It's fine. Not my fault my boyfriend is possessed.

Katie: Richie, are you still drunk? You know what I don't want to know just stop drinking.

Richie: Ok fine mother, hows Eddie?

Katie: Not doing so well. He said his hands feel numb, he has a pounding in his head and he's nauseous and dizzy.

Richie: I just want to see him and finally get this thing out of him so I don't have to worry all the time.

Katie: Yeah, But like are you gonna be able to see him? Will it be awkward? I mean at school you guys have almost every class together and you keep a lot of what you have in his locker and he keeps a lot of stuff in your locker and everyone is gonna know.

Richie: Yeah, I didn't really think about that. For some reason I thought once we got this thing out of him then we could be together again but we'll still be broken up. I just can't win.

Katie: Don't worry about it ok? Everything always works out *long pause* usually.

Richie: WOW you're such an uplifting inspirational person *laughs*

Katie: *laughs* Just trust me ok?

Richie: Ok, bye Katie.

Katie: Bye Trashmouth.

I hang up the call and set my phone on the bathroom sink. I place my back against the door and slowly slide down it. Everything always work out usually.

*Later that day*

Bills POV

Me and Alice are going in to town. Stan staying home so he doesn't get caught. We are going down to check on Richie. Last time I talked to him he said his dad threatened him and his mother and made him break up with Eddie. I'm worried about him. I'm scared that his dad is like hitting him or his mom. And maybe I'll go see Eddie but o heard Katie's with him so he should be good.

Katie's POV

It was later in the day and we got some Taco Bell. I got two Doritos Locos Tacos that are delicious. Eddie got a weird burrito thing. His mom is out doing something.

Katie: Is anything going on that I don't know about?

Eddie: No tea.

Katie: *laugh* Are you sure nothing is bothering you?

Eddie: Oh you mean how the love of my life, the person that I see every single day, the person that I would die for just basically told me that he didn't love me anymore but you know other than that things are just going so great.

There Eddie is.

Katie: I'm sorry Eddie, Richies an ass and soon everything will be ok.

Eddie: No it won't, I tried, I really really tried to get over it but I just can't. *tears up* anywhere I go, anything I do, he's always just there. Pictures up in my room, the music I listen to, the places I go, everything just makes me think of him and I can't stand it. I didn't want us to end this way.

I get up from my chair and walk over to him and give him a hug.

Katie: Everything will be ok. Just trust me.  Do you want me to invite Bill over or watch another movie or I don't know something?

*ring,ring,ring*

Me and him both jerk our heads towards his self phone buzzing on the table. Eddie reaches towards it and grabs it.

Eddie: Its Ben.

He answers it and puts it to his ear.

Eddie: Hello?

Ben: Where are you guys?

Eddie: Guys?

Ben: Bill isn't here, Beverly isn't here, Mike isn't here, no one is here besides me and now I have to work on me, mikes, Max's, Millie's, and Stans group project by myself. Like did something happen that I didnt know about?

Eddie: I stayed home cause I'm sick but I had no idea no one was going. Did you try calling Bill?

Ben: Yeah, he didn't answer.

Eddie: I promise Ben I will make it up to you.

Ben: No need.

Eddie: No I feel bad, I'll make it up to you somehow.

Ben: Ok, see you when I see you.

Eddie: Bye.

He hangs up the call and sets it on the counter.

Katie: So no one else went to school either?

Eddie: Apparently.

Katie: Hey, maybe that means Richie still cares you know? Maybe he didn't want to go to school today cause he-

Eddie: Doesn't want to see me?

Katie: That's not what I was going to say.

Eddie: I just don't get it, one day he's taking me out on a date and telling me he loves me the next he thinks we should see other people, I don't get it.

Katie: Maybe there's more to the story then just that ok Eddie?

Eddie: I just miss being called Eddie Spaghetti and getting goodnight texts and listening to him sing while playing ukulele.

I quickly hug him. Hearing him talk about this and not be able to tell him anything about Richie.

*night time*

Richies POV

I'm going to meet eleven at Eddie's house in about a half an hour. I'm kinda scared but at least Eddie won't have to feel like shit anymore. Katie already called me and told me that Ed's and Sonia are asleep. I grab my shoes and my jacket and for some reason I grab my wallet and shove it in my back pocket. My dad said that he's going to be at a meeting so this would be the perfect time to sneak off. I walk down the stairs slowly and up to the door. I start turning the handle and I can hear the door handle squeak

Dad: Where do you think you're going?

Shit.

Bills POV

Me and Alice are hiding in bushes across from Richies house. We look like crazy stalkers but I am just worried.

Alice: Bill, I'm really glad I'm out of the house but what are we doing like what if his dad isn't even hom-

*screaming in the distance*

We both turn around to face Richies house. His dad is screaming something.

Bill: You were saying?

Alice: Not the time Bill.

*screams*

Bill: Oh My god that was Richies mom.

I see shadows through the curtain in the window.

Alice: Oh my god.

I see Richies dad swing his hand down and then we both hear a huge slam.

Bill: Call 911!

She takes her phone out and goes to emergency dial and dials 911. She holds it up to her ear.

"911 What is your emergency?"

Alice: Our friend and his mother are in a house and his dad is like beating him and his mother up and we don't know what to do about it.

"What is the address of the house?"

Alice: 3456 Accomac street.

"Emergency services will be on their way"

She hangs up and puts her phone in her pocket. There are more screams coming from the house. I don't know what to do. I can't go in.

Richies mom: RUN!

Suddenly we see Richie barge open the front door and take off running off his porch onto the side walk and on his bike. He start to ride his bike super fast down the street. He had a big huge bruise on his eye.

Katie's POV

Eleven already is here at the edge of the bed looking at Eddie. She does look a lot like Millie.

Katie: So What exactly are you gonna do?

Eleven: Well Eddie is really sick right now with a sickness that is really hard to spot before it gets so bad. And even when it gets super bad most doctors don't even know what it is. I like to call it brain on fire. So let's just say Eddies brain is a house full of memory's and thoughts and personality traits pretty much everything that makes Eddie, Eddie. And that house is on fire. And the longer it burns the longer it take to rebuild the house. So the longer Eddie has this sickness the longer it will take to get Eddie back to being himself.

Katie: What If the house is already burnt down?

Eleven: I don't know. I guess instead of fixing up the old house you would have to make a whole new one. Which would mean rebuilding a whole new person.

Katie: How much of Eddie do we have left?

Eleven: Luckily I spotted it early so not too far, it will take, I'd say about a week to get healthy but everything is gonna seem very blurry and it might take a month to fully recover which isn't that long compared to other cases. Sometimes it take years for people to recover. That's why I have to do it cause it takes doctors a long time to catch but I can't tell anyone that because it would put me and my family in danger.

Katie: And again I'm asking what exactly are you gonna do?

Eleven: Think of me as the fire extinguisher.

Richie: Or an Exorcist!

Richie walks into Eddies room and closes the door behind him.

Katie: What the hell happened to you?

He had a giant bruise on the side of his face. I'm scared that his dad did it.

Eleven: I mean I guess you can call it an exorcism except we are not casting out a demon.

Katie: Are we just gonna ignore the fact that there is a giant bruise on your face.

Richie: Yeah, I guess so.

Katie: What happened?

Richie: I fell.

Katie: We both know that's not true.

He does a big eye roll.

Richie: Ok, I went to the skatepark and some dude punched me in the face.

I don't think that's true. Richie hasn't skated in months.

Richie: Now we gonna do this or not?

I know I haven't posted in like 69 years but oh well. If you're reading this there must be something wrong with you cause my writing sucks dick and my schedule sucks ass and I just suck. So yeah luv you byyyyyyyyyyye

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

250K 7.1K 20
Before I knew it my shirt was torn away from my torso and tossed on the floor, Charlie's doing the same. Our kiss intensified and I felt him groan ag...
7.9K 185 18
𝗪𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗕𝘆𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝗵𝗮𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝗿𝘂𝗹𝗲𝘀, 𝗻𝗼 𝗱𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀, 𝗻𝗼 𝗮𝗹𝗰𝗼𝗵𝗼𝗹, 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘀𝗽𝗲𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆, 𝗻𝗼 𝗯𝗼𝘆𝘀. 𝗕𝘂...
1.1K 46 25
Imagine having tough love? This story is about a boy name Oliver. Hills....who has something about himself he knows. but his dad doesn't support it...
12.7K 81 36
A Richie Tozier x reader fan fic because I've read all the good ones and I feel like there are lots of very similar ones on here :) I update most da...