The Forgotten Princess

By ChloePJ

What would you do if everything you had ever known was a lie? What would you do if you never even knew who th... More

The Forgotten Princess
Chapter 1: Just Another Day
Chapter 2: Music is Life
Chapter 3: Missing Something
Chapter 4: What is happening to me?
Chapter 5: I am no Sherlock
Chapter 6: Going in Circles
Chapter 7: Sweet Sixteen?
Chapter 8: Learning the Truth
Chapter 9: Regaining Composure
Chapter 10: Everything Changes
Chapter 11: Running
Chapter 13: Fairytales are Lies
Chapter 14: Change
Chapter 15: I don't do this Running thing
Chapter 16: A Scene from a Spy Film
Chapter 17: The Illusion Ends
Chapter 18: What do I do?
Chapter 19: Unveiled Disguises
Chapter 20: Ignorance Is Bliss
Chapter 21: The Beginning of the End
Chapter 22: A Knife's Edge
Chapter 23: Home?

Chapter 12: A New Face

1.6K 108 8
By ChloePJ

hey guys.

Sorry this took so long but i have been extremely busy.

I have had school work, university applications, rehearsals for a local musical and i just struggled to find the time.

Hope you enjoy,

Thanks for waiting,

Chloe x

Chapter 12

                I was lost. I was flipping lost in the middle of a god damn forest with god knows how many mad people hunting me through it. Everywhere just looked like more and more of exactly the same forest and if I saw another tree that looked exactly the same as another I would go mad. I was already finding going on the run hard and it had only been half an hour.

                I was so dead.

                Who was I kidding? I was no superspy. I couldn’t hide and survive. I was a teenage girl trying to take exams and played a few instruments. Not exactly survival material. How the hell was I supposed to make it through life for however long? It wasn’t going to happen. Catherine will have died for nothing at this rate. I was probably going to end up joining her in whatever was Werewolf heaven or maybe hell. I don’t know.

                In the end, I was no longer running and just resorted to walk my way through the forest. My wolf form was still a little weird and unusual but the longer I spent in this form the more natural it began to feel. I heard the sound of nearby traffic so I came to conclusion that I must not be too far from the edge of the forest.

                I let go of the rucksack from my mouth before shifting back. Grabbing the first lot of clothes from my bag, I quickly pulled them on and pulled my hair back into a bobble that was fortunately in my bag. Once I was fully clothed, my mind began to wander as to my next plan of action. Where to go next? Maybe, I could go abroad but I don’t know where the other packs are and who are on my parents’ side or not. This is a lot of hassle.

                I sat down near a tree feeling exhausted all of a sudden. It had been a long stressful and emotional day. I had lost my family. My home. My friends. I was alone in a world that I couldn’t comprehend. I was tiny and insignificant compared to it all. Just one part of many chess pieces with slightly more importance.

                Placing my head into my hands, I yawned as the tiredness began to take over. It was there but I knew I had to keep moving but a few minutes rest really wouldn’t do me any harm. I needed it right now because quite frankly I was exhausted. Closing my eyes for a second, I took a deep breath, calming myself down from everything.

                Jolting myself awake, I realised I had slept. Evening was drawing in and the sky was a pinkish colour from what I could make out from the tree tops. I scrambled up from position from the floor and grabbed my bag.

                Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

                How could you fall asleep?! I was such an idiot. This was the best way to get caught. I was making mistakes already and I hadn’t been out here for more than a day. I needed to get a grip and quick. I began to head towards the sound of the traffic which was steady and constant. If I could get transport, I could get away further and quicker than on foot for now.

                Snap!

                The sound of a twig crunching beneath the sound of someone’s foot had me alert all of a sudden. I clutched the back pack tight in my hands and flicked my head around towards the sound. I immediately looked for the danger that I knew was close to me. I could sense it. Picking up my pace, I skirted through the trees, trying to desperately distance myself from whatever this potential problem was.

                It didn’t happen.

                I felt the body collide with my back and we were both sent sprawling to the floor. We crashed loudly to the floor before we slammed into a tree. I hissed in pain as I felt the stones in the ground cut viciously into my skin. My head whipped back in the collision and I felt my neck respond in pain. Kicking out with my legs, I heard the thump as my foot connected with someone’s chest pushing them away from me.

                Scrambling up from the floor with a bit of pain, I made a move to run but their hand wrapped around my leg and I was sent tumbling to the door. I felt the weight above me as they clambered on top of me. They pinned my legs with theirs and my wrists with their hands. I wriggled around trying to get free but clearly this person was far stronger than I was.

                “So you’re the Princess?” The voice spoke.

                The way I reacted was different that I expected. I noticed other things. Things I shouldn’t notice in a situation like this. Their scent was intoxicating. It was overwhelming my body and every thought that I conceived. Their warmth on top of me was making my skin feel like it was on fire. That was when I opened my eyes.

                My eyes immediately locked with his. I was caught in his piercing blue eyed stare and I couldn’t break myself from looking away. I watched his eyes widen in recognition of something before my mind clicked on moments later.

                Mate! MATE!

                He was my mate. I was looking at my mate. The one person made for me by the Moon Goddess herself and he was here with me. He stumbled off of me and away from me. I pushed myself up from the floor and regained my composure. He looked at me with curiosity, love and confusion.

                It was then that I got my first real look of him. He was tall and broad. He was well trained and toned. He had a fairly tanned complexion with black hair in choppy style. His cheekbones were well defined but it was always his bright blue eyes that always drew me back to him. I had never seen anyone so beautiful. He was truly mesmerising.

                I watched him in silence as he looked me over. I suddenly felt extremely self-conscious and I fiddled with the end of my t-shirt. It was in that moment that I began to consider who he really was. He was one of them in the group chasing me down. He could have killed Catherine. I looked away in shock and hurt. I felt a sharp pain in my stomach at the thought of having to leave him. My mate.

                “Who are you? Why are you after me? Did you kill Catherine?” I asked with pain lacing every inch of my voice.

                I watched him look down at his feet as the moment of silence dragged on. I waited dreading the answer was to come. I knew it would break my heart. He would probably turn me in and that would be the end for the kingdom. I would die if my parents didn’t comply with any demand that was made.

                “I am a warrior on Cameron’s side. My pack were deeply involved and as a superior warrior I was bound Alpha command into following his orders. When we received word of their being a Princess of the age of sixteen alive, I was recruited into the search party and I was here as part of this group. I didn’t kill your guardian. That wasn’t my job. As the fastest and best tracker, I came into the woods to search for you,” He explained gravely.

                I didn’t know what to say as I processed it all. My mind was reeling with how many possibilities were spinning through my mind.

                “How can I trust you?” I asked sceptically.

                “Because I am your mate,” He replied honestly.

                I sighed and pushed a strand of hair behind my ear. I didn’t know what to do. I was conflicted. Could I really trust him? Yet, he was my mate. He was chosen for me by the Moon Goddess so that has to stand for something, right?

                “What is your name?” I asked, nervously.

                “Marc Stenson,” He replied, with a slight smile, “What about you?”

                “Annabella Maria Rosetta. Anna for short,” I replied with my own slight smile.

                “Pretty name,” Marc replied making me blush ever so slightly.

                I asked more questions finding out that Marc was seventeen, eighteen in a few months. He was an only child and training to be a warrior for his pack was all he had ever known. It was kind of a sad existence if you ask me. I replied in kind telling him a little of my past. He listened, concerned, realising just how new I was to all of this.

                “So I guess it is just you and me then Princess,” Marc spoke, with his oh so velvety voice.

                “No. I am going on by myself. I can’t trust anyone and I need to survive,” I replied, even with the gut wrenching feeling festering inside of me.

                I began to walk away then heading towards the sound of traffic. I had barely made it a couple of steps before I felt his hand on my arm. I gasped in shock as tingles rippled through my skin and I felt it ricochet through my body. My eyes darted back to his blue eyes and I nearly gave in with my resolve right there.

                “No. I won’t let you. You are my mate and this is my chance for a new life. A better and more honest life. That is a chance that I will not give up,” Marc spoke with such determination and honesty that it was hard not to believe him.

                “I don’t know… You are part of the enemy. I would be foolish to trust you,” I replied, fiddling at the edge of my shirt.

                “I am your mate!” March exclaimed, exasperated.

                “Yeah and I have known about mates less than a day. So forgive me for being cautious. I find out I am a god damn princess of a species I didn’t know existed. I find out I have real parents out there and my whole life was a lie! Sorry, if I am not willing to trust. I have to look out for myself right now. I can’t take the chance,” I replied, angrily.

                I watched him rough one hand through his hair in nervousness. He looked at me thoughtfully as if trying to work me out. I was never a simple and easy girl to understand.

                “Let me just help you. Let me just be there for you,” Marc spoke, almost pleadingly.

                My mind flickered and thought for ages but I somehow seemed to answer before my mind had actually made up the decision.

                “Ok. Let’s go.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 69 56
What would you do if your entire life has been a lie? All my life I had been led to believe that my parents were dead and that my aunt passed away wh...
The meeting By Bettan

General Fiction

108 23 29
How would it feel if you one day woke up not knowing where you are, how you got there or how to get back? And at the same time discover that your ent...
450 47 24
What if everything you knew was a lie? What if your family wasn't your true family? What happens after you learn the truth about who you really are
643 29 16
What happens when everything you've come to know everything about you was a lie even stuff already knew about but never really experienced? What if y...