"Shrimp."|Ayato Kirishima X R...

By ThyatiraKaupa

"I'm no hero. But I will love you, even if it kills me." Ayato Kirishima It had been five years since (Y/N) (... More

Author's Note.
{1}
{2}
{3}
{4}
{5}
{6}
{8}
{9}
{10}
{11}
{12}
{13}
{14}
A Note
{15}
{16}
{17}
{18}
{19}
{20}
{21}
{22}
SPINOFF

{7}

8.3K 269 156
By ThyatiraKaupa

Heyo😊😄 so I just had to pop in this chapter because it was so freaking long ago when I last updated and I hate not updating in months sooo here is what you have all been waiting for. I'm sowwy if it sucks, this was written in my extra time, unlike normally when it was written whenever I wanted to write.

Also, I slipped a little bonding time between (Y/N) and Kaneki😄

I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH❤😭😍

_______

It took preparation and manpower, just as (Y/N) had known. First they went to Banjo, the Ward 6 Leader. At first he assumed Ayato was there to attack him. Upon smelling human flesh amidst them, the other ghouls at Ward 6 glanced at her ravenously.

"No disrespect, but what are you thinking Ayato-san? Bringing a human here?" Banjo said, glancing at (Y/N) with a look of pity.

(Y/N) stood next to Ayato. She could feel the eyes of every ghoul in the area penetrating her. If this was years ago, she'd be behind Ayato, the hem of his shirt clasped between her fingertips and her head down as he towered over her protectively.

Fortunatley things had changed; she had changed. She was no longer the child she was when Banjo and his side kicks broke in, she promised herself she would never be as helpless as that day when Yamori had thrown Kaneki around the room as if he were some rag doll and all she could do was scream for him to stop.

She shook her head to rid herself from the painful flashback as Ayato stepped forward. A cool breeze swept by, gently stirring the bangs around his handsomely defined face and ruffling loose strands of her hair against her cheeks.

"If anyone touches her, they'll answer to me. I won't hesitate to rip them to shreds with my bare teeth if I have to." Ayato said in a deadly tone, his voice echoing and sending shivers down her spine. (Y/N) was sure his eyes were their deadly ghoulish black and red, judging from the look of fear on most of the ghouls faces.

(Y/N) folded her arms and glared at Ayato's back.

I can slice through every ghoul here without breaking a sweat. She thought defensively but thought against actually saying that. If she did then they'll have a long debate, in which Ayato will give her his stupid devilishly handsome smirk as he teased her and she'd turn red with annoyance and get all defensive. Bottom line, that would take time and right now she needed to save Hinami, meaning she needed Banjo's help.

"Banjo. I need your help."

___

The plan was simple. Kaneki and (Y/N) were the inside guys and Ayato and Banjo will break in through the ceiling. The only flaw in the plan, (Y/N)'s point of view, was that Ayato was the one with the dramatic entrance. (Y/N) was like a secret double agent, it was cool but not as cool as shattering the roof of the cochlea into peices and descending dramatically.

"Shrimp, make up your mind." Ayato groaned.

They were at her place, well Genna's but now it was hers, and they were planning the rescue in the kitchen. Banjo, Kaneki, Ayato and her. (Y/N) was drawing their rescue plan on a chalk board, making it look as colorful and attractive as possible. Ayato was standing as far away from the board as possible because, as he stated, "the damn bright colors are hurting my eyes."

Banjo was drinking coffee and observing, making a few comments here and there.

Kaneki was enjoying his coffee by the table and quietly observing. His dark bangs drooping over his eyebrows and hovering over his grey eyes. Ever since he remembered, he was slowly becoming the Kaneki (Y/N) knew, but deep down inside, she knew he could never be the same . . .

(Y/N) rolled her eyes at Ayato's usual lack of patience. "You think it's easy deciding?"

"Well, Shrimp, you can be a normal feeble and life-loving human like everyone else instead of being a danger magnet and choosing the worst possible place to be present." Ayato pointed out.

"Or I could not send independent, strong-willed badass woman back 100 years and come with you?"

Ayato shook his head, his piercing blue eyes cold.

"No."

"Oh come on. I won't be getting any action with Kaneki-kun. Besides, as I have stated before I've always wanted to do dramatic entrances on purpose."

Ayato shook his head, suddenly dead serious.

"Nope."

"Ayato-kun is this about me being unable to protect myself? Because you know very well that I am more than capable of doing that." (Y/N) said, now getting a bit annoyed at how over protective Ayato was being.

Sensing the change in the atmosphere, Banjo forecasted a couple fight brewing. He cleared his throat, hoping to catch either of their attention. Of course, it fell on deaf ears as the two were too busy glaring at each other.

"I'm not letting you actively put yourself in danger. You're going with Kaneki." Ayato did not like the determination in her eyes one bit.

Banjo and Kaneki glanced at each other awkwardly, suddenly feeling like extra's in a romance manga.

"What? You can't decide that for me Ayato-kun. I'm going with you." (Y/N) snapped. The truth was, it wasn't the dramatic entrance. She just wanted to be with him. It was stupid, but she wanted to be able to protect him. If they were going to cochlea, a place crawling with CCG agents, she was going with him.

Ayato, who was leaning on the fridge, kicked himself off and stood up straight. His towering height would've been intimidating if (Y/N) wasn't seriously agitated and annoyed beyond reason.

She was more than capable of protecting herself, she wasn't that weak girl he rescued all those years ago . . . Why doesn't he get that. . .

"Dammit, Shrimp. Stop being stubborn for once in your life and listen to me." Ayato growled, stepping forward.

(Y/N) stepped forward as well, her hands balled into a fist and her anger rising.

"No, you listen to me. I can protect myself. Why can't you just stop treating me like I'm some fragile piece of glass!" (Y/N) yelled.

Ayato's teeth clenched and his eyes were narrowed.

Banjo and Kaneki had never felt more awkward in their lives. Banjo got up, followed by Kaneki. Ayato and (Y/N) didn't even notice this action.

"We'll just uhh, give you guys some space." He chuckled nervously as Kaneki and him practically made a run for it, dissappearing from the kitchen in 0.5 seconds. Leaving a fuming (Y/N) and an annoyed Ayato alone.

"It's because you are. You're a human. You don't have enhanced regeneration, or enhanced strength. You're fast, but sometimes being fast isn't enough. One fatal blow, that's all it takes, Shrimp." Ayato snapped. His bangs dropped over his piercing blue eyes.

Seeing her being constantly surrounded by danger made his blood boil. If he could, he would kill every fucker that came near her with malicious intent. But he couldn't always protect her and it angered him when she willingly put herself in danger for other people.

(Y/N)'s anger flared.

"Why are you so intent on being an ass? I'm coming with you, whether you want me to or not! Why are you being so damn difficult? You know I hate it when people treat me like I'm so weak. I'm not! Just give me one good reason why--"

"Because I don't wanna see you fucking get hurt (Y/N)!" He yelled, loosing control of his temper. He felt his kagune rip out of his back and for a moment he felt a blissful relief but it lasted for a second before he heard the sound of his crystallized shards peircing the walls, cupboards and shattering Genna's delicate china display by the sink.

(Y/N) flinched back. Not from fear, but from shock; she was startled. It happened all of a sudden and it was the most human thing to do.

Ayato's red and black eye's softened, his jaw tightening when he saw her flinch back and his heart clenched. To him, she flinched away in fear.

The only sound in the room was the sound of his heavy breathing now.

(Y/N) looked down at her clasped hands, her bangs covering her (E/C) eyes.

"Because I don't wanna see you fucking get hurt (Y/N)" . . .

"Shrimp. I-I'm sorry I--"

"Don't." She whispered and whatever apology he had in his mind had evaporated.

He wanted to punch or kick himself. What the hell was he doing? He just got her back a few weeks ago, why the hell was he messing this all up?

There was a moment of silence between them as each collected their thoughts. Ayato was scolding himself for being an idiot and not keeping his temper in check, (Y/N) was replaying what he said over and over again in her mind.

"So this is our first couple fight, huh? Took long enough." (Y/N) joked, trying to lighten the mood a bit.

Ayato didn't respond. He screwed his eyes shut.

He froze when he suddenly felt her arms around him. His eyes suddenly widened. Her arms were around his torso and her head was against his chest, just next to his rapidly increasing heart. He wondered if she could hear how fast his heart was beating.

He stood there in shock for a moment as she pressed her face against his chest. Her eyes closed.

"Oh Ayato-kun. You don't wanna see me getting hurt? Idiot. Why do you think I wanna go with you?" She said softly.

He felt the corner of his lips tug up into a small smile as he wrapped his arms around her small frame.

What the hell did I do to deserve you? He thought as he placed his chin on her head.

"Well . . . I guess we'll see who's gonna save who's ass won't we?" He teased.

(Y/N)'s lips curled into a grin. "Are you saying I can come with?"

He shrugged. "Well if you look at it, I don't really have a say since you'll most likely ignore it. It's your choice."

(Y/N) tilted her head back and stared up at him with a wide grin plastered on her face.

"Looks like I got your back."

Ayato sighed through his nose as he shook his head in disbelief, his lips curling up into a gentle smile. She felt her her heart skip a bit as he stared down at her with his peircing blue eyes filled with awe, his arms wrapped around her waist.

"What am I gonna do with you?" He muttered as he leaned down. She tiptoed and captured his lips passionately. Her hands went around his shoulder and she dug her fingers into his hair as he deepened the kiss. She ran her fingers through his silky blue hair as he kissed her.

He pulled away first for air, not that she was complaining, she needed air too.

"We should stop." Ayato said between uneven breaths.

He was saying it, but his breathing and the way he held her said otherwise. Not to mention his already darkened eyes as he gazed into her eyes and occasionally glancing down at her parted lips.

(Y/N) pouted as she looked up at him past her thick lashes. "Ayato-kun."

He shook his head as he let her go and stepped back. "No. I mean it. We should stop."

Before (Y/N) could protest, Banjo popped his head in. Seeing both of them breathing hard with (Y/N)'s cheeks all flustered, yet apart from each other, he sighed in relief as he turned.

"Coast is clear. Though there's some serious sexual tension in the air." He called out.

(Y/N) blushed and hid her face behind her hair. One glare from Ayato made Banjo gulp. "Or not."

Kaneki and Banjo's three hench-ghouls walked in.

(Y/N) grinned at Kaneki as he walked over to her while Banjo and Ayato talked businessin the corner.

"Who won?" He asked as they both walked to the living room to give Banjo and Ayato some privacy to plan.

"Me." She chirped.

Kaneki nodded at the information.

They both walked to the balcony which was connected to the kitchen and living room. They leaned on the railing as they looked out.

It was in the afternoon, the sun had yet to set and kids were on the street playing. Thei joyful laughter and childish innocence bringing a smile ro (Y/N)'s face.

(Y/N) glanced at Kaneki to see him staring at the view with a pained look in his grey eyes. She followed his line of sight.

There were kids playing in the street. This one kid in particular with dark hair that stood in the corner all alone, watching the other kids with envy, yet he was too shy to approach, so he stood from afar and watched.

The ball the kids were playing with soared into the air and landed in front of him. He stared down at it awkwardly. A kid with long blonde hair ran up to him and pointed at the ball, grinning.

The kid glanced down and back up again. The blonde haired kid nodded in encouragement. The shy one slowly kicked the ball forward. The other kid said something and then slowly the dark haired boy walked forward and together they joined the rest of the other kids.

(Y/N) glanced at Kaneki. Her heart clenched and a lump formed in her throat when she saw the corner of his lips tilt up as a tear rolled down cheek. His bangs covered his eyes, slowly being stirred by the cool afternoon breeze.

She leaned her head on his shoulder clutching his black jackey and he tensed, his eyes widening as he glanced down at her.

"I'm sorry!" She blurted out, her head down.

He loosened up as his eyes softened.

"For what?" He asked softly.

(Y/N) hadn't realized she had been crying until she tasted salt in her mouth.

"Everything. You don't deserve this. Someone as caring and kind hearted as you doesn't deserve this. And I'm so so sorry. If I had just stopped Rize that night. If I had just done something then you wouldn't be in this mess--"

The corner of his lips tilted up slightly into a sad smile.

"It's not your fault. Besides, listen to yourself. You're a soft-heart optimistic human, if anything you didn't deserve to lose your parents that way." He said.

"Then I wouldn't have met all the ghouls I've met. Especially Ayato-kun." (Y/N) muttered, glancing up as she released her grip on his jacket.

"Exactly. We can't change the past, but we can accept the result. I wouldn't have met you, or Touka-chan, or Hinami if I hadn't walked Rize home that night. We're both the same. We're here for a reason." He explained gently.

"You're wise."

"Thanks."

A tear rolled down her cheek as she lowered her head, her bangs covering her (E/C) eyes. "I'm still sorry."

Kaneki chuckled, wandering how someone who's seen more bad than good could still be so caring and innocent.

He glanced down at her, a ghost of a smile playing at his lips. "If it makes you feel better, I accept your apology."

She smiled and wiped her tears with the back of her hand. "It does."

They both remained in a comfortable silence after that as they stood, leaning on the balcony and watching the kids play. Both of them seemed at peace.

Ayato, who had seen everything, smiled sadly at the scene.

Sure sometimes he saw Kaneki as a weak and unstable punk, but deep down inside, he had a slight reverence towards the dark haired half ghoul.

He let them be as he walked back into the house.

______☆______

Sneak peek on the next chapter below.

"You okay, (Y/N)?" His voice was filled with concern and warmth. His blue hair hovered over his cool blue eyes as he stared down at her.

She glanced up at him as she nodded vigorously. "Yep. I'm fine." She smiled cutely, so nervous that she didn't even realize how good her name sounded when he said it with such warmth and concern.

He nodded as he looked back down at the cochlea, the wind whipping around his blue hair.

(Y/N) held her breath.

I'm sorry it took so long Hinami-chan, I'm coming for you now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25K 584 13
Touka Kirishima, a first year at Kamii University, and ghoul, has been through a lot. Especially recently when her best friend who she just realized...
353K 12.9K 36
Wherein [Y/N]'s life changes once she meets the arrogant ghoul, Ayato Kirishima. Warning : This book contains swearing and lemon. ☆ COMPLETED : Novem...
217K 4.7K 17
Well all know the story of Kaneki Ken, but what if our protagonist had a little sister? Even more so, she were to be involved with Ayato Kirishima. F...