Star Light

By GeekyChick0223

When Europa Gilbert gets the call that Jenna Sommers, her maternal aunt, had died from Sheriff Forbes, she ru... More

Cast
Prologue
Chapter One: Welcome Home
Chapter Two: Settling In
Chapter Three: Big Bad Wolf
Chapter Four: Self Defense Class Works
Chapter Five: Gloria's Bar
Chapter Six: Suicide Is Not Easy
Chapter Seven: The Jig is Up
Chapter Eight: Cheeky Little Hybrid
Chapter Ten: Forced Fear
Chapter Eleven: A Bloody Love Story
Chapter Twelve: The Sacrifice Play
Chapter Thirteen: Adulting to do
Chapter Fourteen: Europa Has Moved and Changed Her Name to Tiffany
Chapter Fifteen: Conspiring in the Classroom
Chapter Sixteen: Girls Night Out
Chapter Seventeen: Story Time, Originals
Chapter Eighteen: Reasoning Out of Compulsion
Chapter Nineteen: Witchy Shock Therapy
Chapter Twenty: Bye Bekah
Chapter Twenty-One: Here's Jeremy!
Chapter Twenty-Two: He's Terrifying Because I Trust Him
Chapter Twenty-Three: Psychopaths, the Lot of You
Chapter Twenty-Four: Like I'm Gonna Lose You
Chapter Twenty-Five: Tiffany's
Chapter Twenty-Six: Magical Brain Condition
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Plotting Against a Psychopath
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Keeping Up With the Supernaturals
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Romance Revenge
Chapter Thirty: Jealousy and Mother of the Year
Thirty-One: Too Far
Thirty-Two: Taken
Thirty-Three: Unlikely Alliance
Thirty-Four: Rescue
Thirty-Five: The Sheriff's Office
Thirty-Six: Two Ricks'
Thirty-Seven: Vulnerability
Thirty-Eight: Plot Under Plot Under Plot
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Dream or Reality?
Chapter Forty: Wanted, Dead or Alive
Chapter Forty-One: M.I.A
Chapter Forty-Two: Transition
Chapter Forty-Three: Fenrir
Chapter Forty-Four: Goodnight, Saigon
Sequel

Chapter Nine: Story Time, McDonald's

43K 1.2K 157
By GeekyChick0223

After the first group, Stefan informed us that he was still hungry. So, they went out and this time found a group of three girls. When we reached the warehouse, I noticed the girls start to get nervous and considered telling them to run. But, that would only make their deaths more painful so I stayed quiet. 

Eventually, it led to me and Rebekah sitting on a crate Stefan and Klaus finished up their girls. "My girl's dead. I'm bored." Rebekah complained. 

I shrugged. "I never had a girl because I survive off of human food so I was bored a long time ago. And hungry." 

Klaus ignored both of us and looked over at Stefan who was still draining his girl without pause. "You weren't kidding about being hungry."

"Yeah. It's been a long day." He stated. 

I snorted and crossed my arms. "Try being bait for a group of gangbangers that Y'all wanted to eat without any forewarning," I muttered, still a little salty about that having been the plan all along. 

"You'll get over it, Love, you weren't in any real danger." Any real danger! That mother- "Try being related to her." Klaus said with a nod to Rebekah, who looked just as offended as I was.
"You're being mean. And why are you being mean? You used to love me." She pouted angrily. 
Klaus rolled his eyes at his sister. "It's been ninety years, Rebekah. Give him a minute."
That only served to make Rebekah angrier. "Why are you taking his side?"
"Because, my dear sister, I feel pity for any man who doesn't give you what you want." Klaus was being a brat. I was really, really hungry. I think there was a McDonalds just up the road. 

Will you stop making me out to be a brat? I am not a brat! Back me up Europa." 

Klaus, Stefan, and Rebekah were all looking at me patiently. "She's not a brat Klaus, you are, can I get food now?" 

"I'm sure Stefan would share, and a thousand years of life experience says otherwise," Klaus said with an unbearably smug smirk. I huffed and jumped off the crate, walking for the door when Klaus caught my waist and sighed. "Fine, we will feed the human in a minute."

Stefan shrugged and lifted his head from the dead girl's neck, looking at Klaus. "Well, you're no picnic, either. I mean, I've only spent one summer with you and I feel like I want to blow my head off." 

Rebekah laughed, a wide grin taking over her face. "Fantastic."

Rather suddenly, Stefan dropped the girl and stood up, walking away. "I need to go." 

"Where's he going?" Rebekah asked in confusion, looking at Klaus.

I also stared at the Hybrid who just grinned and pushed his girl off of him, grabbing my hand.  "To write a name on a wall. It's a long story." 

My stomach grumbled angrily. "Great, good for Stefan, can we get human food now?" I asked, bouncing on my heels anxiously. 

We walked to the McDonalds, wanting to take some time seeing as Stefan probably wouldn't be back for a little while. 

"So Darling, what's your story? How did you get here?" Rebekah asked me curiously. 

"Well, I was a lonely child I guess. I'm a full four, almost five, years older than Elena and six older than Jeremy. Not the worst age difference but the problem was I had a very high IQ. I skipped a few grades and ended up graduating High school in two years, just after my sixteenth birthday." I told them a brief overview of my childhood. "Being that advanced though, people see it as weird and unnatural. They don't like things that are different from them so as a result, I didn't really have friends. No one to play with or hang out with." 

Rebekah was staring intently at me, as was Klaus. 

"After I graduated High School, I set my sights on the next big thing. MIT had expressed interest in having me and I had accepted, much to my dad's dismay. You see, he wanted me to study closer to home and take up the families place on the city council." 

Klaus hummed and nodded. "The Mystic Falls Founders Council against the supernatural." 

"Exactly. So, a month before I was set to leave, dad sat me down with my mom and they told me all about Vampires and Witches. They assumed I would take up the position happily. I was the eldest, it would be my duty to do so. They even had called in Uncle John to try and convince me. All to no avail. After they had finished talking, I told them that I would have no part in their council." I reminisced as we walked. 

Klaus and Rebekah looked confused. "Did you not believe?" 

I snorted and shook my head. "That's exactly what they asked me. No, I most definitely believed them, but I refused to be part of a council that seemed like it held the same beliefs for a hundred fifty years. It seemed rather silly to believe that Vampires and Witches couldn't be different than they were then. The next morning I had my bags packed and was loading them in my car. I took off and didn't give the council another thought." 

Neither of the Originals said anything about my story, we walked the rest of the way to the McDonalds in silence. It was only when we had sat down and I was a minute into eating my Quarter Pounder that they broke the silence. "Do you still believe it? What you told your parents?" 

I glanced up at Rebekah and swallowed my bite. "I believe that Vampires are much like humans. In fact, they have the ability to be better than humans ever could be. Upon returning home, I talked with the Vampires left. Caroline, for example, has been my sister's friend since kindergarten. We used to play together when we were growing up, that girl has never been more compassionate, caring, and honest to a fault then she is now. I learned about the heightened emotions, though you have bloodlust, not all of you are monsters. I've met my fair share of humans that I would be more scared of than Klaus." 

Rebekah and Klaus looked shocked then realization dawned on their faces. "That man from earlier, Kaleb, how did you meet?" 

This was so not where I wanted to go with this conversation. "Kaleb and I have a very complex history. I was sixteen when I started college, young, a little rebellious, and enjoying my first taste of life outside of high school. I made friends quickly, had boyfriends and one-nighters, and I partied. I did a lot of partying." 

"At one of these parties, I got stupid. I let a boy give me a drink, already opened, and I downed it. The rest of the night I blacked out. I woke up next to him the next morning with no clue what had happened. I assumed I must have drunk too much and tried to move on with my life but Kaleb kept appearing everywhere. He would show up at parties and outings with friends. Soon enough, he asked me out and I gave him a chance. Then a chance turned into a thing." 

"After a few months, a girl I had never met came up to me. She looked nervous and was fiddling with her phone. She told me what had actually happened the night of the party. Explained to me that I had passed out shortly after Kaleb gave me that drink and that he had boasted loudly of it to his friends before taking my unconscious body upstairs. None of my friends were there, they had class early the next morning, so no one stood up for me. I was absolutely devastated, I felt betrayed, and I was scared. I called my mom in a panic and told her everything." 

I sighed and fiddled with a fry. "I thought she would be pissed, instead she comforted me, told me everything was okay and talked me through getting him out of my life. I dumped him, then when he kept harassing me I threatened to get a restraining order. He left me alone after that, a few months later he was kicked out due to academic dishonesty and I thought I would never see him again." 

Rebekah hummed. "I shouldn't have let him live, that was far too kind," Klaus said nothing, but he was glowering at the french fry as though it had put him through hell and back. 

'You want the fry?" I asked the Hybrid seated across from me. 

His hands slammed on the table, gaining confused and concerned looks from the rest of the patrons. "Did you ever go to the police? Make him pay for what he did?" 

My hand dropped the fry and I sighed. "No, I did not. He was kicked out of MIT for cheating and I didn't have to deal with him ever again. I moved on, got some therapy, made the entirely crucial decision that I was not going to live my life controlled by a desire for revenge. I couldn't change him and I didn't want to give him the benefit of any emotion or more time from my life. I wanted to move on, so I did." 

The two Originals looked astonished at my revelation. "You did nothing?" 

I nodded and wiped my hands on the napkin. "Yup," 

Klaus merely shook his head at me in disbelief, "You are incredible. Like how incredible it is to me that you are risking your life for a mere secret." 

"Please, Nik, we have many secrets." Rebekah rebuffed with a scoff. 

Klaus nodded and looked at his sister in irritation. "Almost all of our secrets are family related." Then he paused and looked at me in suspicion. "Let's pay Gloria a visit, shall we?" Rebekah was confused, but I was not. I was sure that there were some spells that could decide if someone was still alive or not. "Rebekah, you go back to the Warehouse and wait for Stefan, you'll come with me, Love." 

Then, with that, Klaus picked me up and started running. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

645K 16.7K 75
"You feel no remorse do you? You don't feel remorse for the people you've hurt, the people you've killed. They're just things to you." "That's not tr...
231K 8.7K 24
☽ 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐝 𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧 ☾ ...
287K 3.7K 38
When a certain original comes to Mystic Falls and finds out that he has a daughter from before his family and him were turned what will he do? She is...
92.7K 2.6K 44
𝐋𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐚 𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐞, A girl turned weapon, obtaining an insatiable desire of knowledge. Desperate to hold the worlds secrets in the palm of...