Best-Friends With Benefits (U...

By Prodigywriter9638

Conner Rogers: Hot, athletic, and popular, with an ego the size of the Empire State Building. Selena Rider: C... More

Best-Friends With Benefits
Chapter 1- Wake-up Call
Chapter 2- Catch Me If You Can
Chapter 3- New Guy
Chapter 4- Caught in the Act
Chapter 5- Cover Story
Chapter 6- Out of the Loop
Chapter 7- Complications
Chapter 8- Unexpected Visitors
Chapter 9- The Young and the Restless
Chapter 10- The Trouble with Family
Chapter 11- My Date with the British Devil
Chapter 12- What to do, What to do......
Chapter 13- Poptarts, Golfcarts, and The Notebook
Chapter 14- Back Behind Bars
Chapter 15- The Talk
Chapter 16- Mentally Insane
Chapter 17- Life of the Party
Chapter 18- You Only Live Once
Chapter 19- Just Another Day in the Hospital
Chapter 20- I Guess One Really Is the Loneliest Number
Chapter 21- Isolation
Authors Note!
Chapter 22- Frozen
Chapter 23- Confessions
Chapter 24- Awkward Moments
Chapter 25- Exposed
Chapter 26- The Homecoming
Authors note!
Chapter 28- Date Disasters
Chapter 29- Double Trouble
Chapter 30- Jaw-Dropper
Chapter 31- The Intruder
Chapter 32- Pissing Off Your Sister 101
Chapter 33- Scars
Chapter 34- How To Guard a Life for Dummies
Chapter 35- Irony
Chapter 36- Slut City
Chapter 37- Cat Fight
Chapter 38- Tension
Chapter 39- Chain Reaction
Chapter 40- This Means War
Chapter 41- Time's Up
Chapter 42- Breaking Point
Chapter 43- Fear Factor
Chapter 44- Fated
Chapter 45- The Final Hour
Chapter 46- Live and Let Go
Chapter 47- The Rescue Mission
Chapter 48- End of the Line
Sequel Announcement!

Chapter 27- Business as Usual

422K 6.2K 1.9K
By Prodigywriter9638

As I stepped out of Conner's car the next day, and looked around as everyone started to whisper and point at me, it hit me like a freight train.

What the hell had I been thinking?

I realized too late that returning back to school was a huge mistake.

A protective arm slung casually over my shoulder as Conner gently began to lead me inside. People didn't even bother to pretend not to be talking about me as I passed, not that I could really blame them. The last time I had been seen, I was completely wasted and being hauled away in an ambulance.

"Selena!!" I was nearly knocked off balance as a whirlwind of red hair tackled me out of Conner's grasp.

"Hey Alex." I smiled nervously at her, noticing that everyone was still staring at me like I was the new kid, even though I had been here just last week.

Alex must have noticed my glance, because in a second she was turned towards the crowd, a fierce scowl on her pretty face. "What?!"

Everyone grew silent as Alex's voice rang out loudly across the parking lot. After a short moment of silence, everyone was speed walking in the opposite direction, glancing over their shoulders nervously.

Conner's laughter made my heart race as he turned back to Alex, an appreciative smile gracing his features. "Nice."

She shrugged, smiling back as she linked her arm in mine. "Well what are we waiting for? Time to face your demons lover girl."

Conner nodded in agreement, liking his arm with my free one. And suddenly, I knew they were right.

It didn't matter that I was going to be the gossip of the school. I had my best friends, and the greatest boyfriend in the world by my side.

And with my newly boosted confidence, I lifted my chin and led them inside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And like all things, what goes up must come down.

By lunch time, the curious gossip was starting to get to me. A couple of girls had actually had the nerve and ask me to confirm what had gone down at the twin's party.

Before they were promptly told off by Alex.

I don't think I had ever been more grateful for her and Lilly.

Lilly was currently sitting by my side, holding hands with Tom. On my other side, Conner's hand was holding my hand beneath the table, resting on my lap. And finally, on the other side of the table Jerry and Alex were arguing.

It was like I was never gone.

"Are you freaking kidding me? There is no way that One Direction is gay!" Alex said firmly, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Uhhh, have you seen their hair? No straight guy would spend that much time on their hair." Jerry countered.

Alex snorted. "As if your hair is naturally so perfect! You're just jealous because they are drop dead, mouth wateringly sexy!"

"As if!-"

Alex cut him off again. "And don't you even think about saying that they're not good looking! On my most lick-able list, they might even be before Selena's godly of twin brothers!" She turned to me. "No offence."

"None taken?"

"But they aren't even that good looking!" Jerry protested, his eyes narrowed.

Alex rolled her eyes again. "Are you kidding me? The things I would do to those boys wouldn't be legal in some countries-"

"Okay then!" Conner cut in, thankfully. Those two could keep on arguing even if they were on the sinking titanic together. "Instead of arguing, lets just have a tie breaker and spare my ears."

"Fine." Jerry agreed. "Girls?" He turned to Lilly first.

"Nope, I agree with Alex. Those guys are hot a hell." She smiled, licking her lips over dramatically.

Beside her, Tom pouted. "But not as hot as me, right?"

Lilly only giggled, patting his cheek lightly. "Sorry Tommy."

"Oh barf." Jerry scrunched up his nose in distaste at their flirting, before turning to me. "What about you Selena?"

"I agree with them of course. They're all ridiculously attractive." I admitted.

I felt Conner lean down to whisper in my ear as Alex and Jerry started back up with their argument, Jerry clearly not accepting defeat. Meanwhile, Lilly and Tom were still flirting.

"But not as ridiculously attractive as me, right?" His warm breath tickled my ear, causing me to shiver.

I had to bite my lip to keep from moaning as he moved his lips down to place a kiss on the hollow of my ear.

"Not here Con." I managed to breathe out, even though I really didn't want him to stop. There were already a ton of people gossiping about me, I didn't need to give them another reason to talk.

He sighed, before grudgingly pulling away, frowning. I giggled as his puppy dog face, before turning my head back to the rest of the table. I realized that Alex and Jerry had stopped arguing long enough to catch our little exchange, and now both had smug smirks on their faces.

Luckily enough, Lilly and Tom were still flirting, Lilly moving to ruffle Tom's golden hair.

But before Jerry could open his mouth and make a no-doubt perverted comment, I felt a hand tap on my shoulder.

I turned, and immediately wished I hadn't, as Mrs.Concon glared down at me.

"Hey bitch." She smirked with her overly coated in lipstick lips.

Alex and Lilly stood up, making all eyes turn towards us as they gave her death glares.

"I missed you over the weekend." She pouted. "I'm sorry you couldn't stay for the rest of the party, it was really such a blast."

Now, even Jerry looked pissed. "How would you know? You were hauled off in a cop car, if I remember correctly."

WOW. Was Jerry actually standing up for me?

"Not my fault she can't take a hit." She shrugged, inspecting her red nails.

My blood ran cold as her words hit me. "YOU."

I stood up, not even caring that everyone was watching as I stood nose to nose with her. My stomach churned with hate, and it must have shown because she took a nervous step back.

"Selena." Conner said softly, resting a hand on my shoulder. "She's not worth it."

I had to physically restrain myself from leaping on her like an animal and ripping her limb from limb, knowing he was right. Suspension wasn't exactly on my bucket list right now. But I couldn't seem to let go with what she had done.

She killed my unborn baby.

She must have taken my hesitation as a sign of defeat, because as everyone quieted down to watch us, she seemed to regain her confidence.

"Yeah that's right. Walk away. Glad to see you've finally learned your lesson."

And that was the last straw.

In an instant I had flung myself at her, knocking her to the ground with an angry yell.

She let out a squeak as I we fell, bringing her hands up to block her face. But ignoring her hands, I brought up all thoughts of my unborn baby, and swung my fist as hard as I could, hitting her square in the face.

Feeling satisfied when she screamed, I punched her again. And again. And again. Releasing all the rage I had contained in me, letting it all out with each swing at her ugly face.

Until finally, Conner had managed to drag me off of her, where she jumped onto her hands and knees and began to speed crawl away like a little toddler.

The crowd around us stopped cheering as she turned around to face me, her face tinting red and purple with bruises, under her make up. "You-you bitch!"

"If that's the best you can do, you should seriously reconsider your role as a mean girl." Lilly snorted, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Why-why you-" She stumbled uneasily to her feet. "Rot in hell!"

I was lucky that Conner was still holding me, because I'm pretty sure I would have kicked the shit out of her.

But Alex beat me to the punch, literally, as she strolled up to her and decked her across the face. She dropped like a rock, and the crowd of watchers cheered.

"What is going on here?" The sound of a teacher had everyone scrambling away.

"And that's our cue to scram!" Alex yelped, grabbing me and Conner and dragging us away.

"Nice hit." Conner smiled, kissing the top of my head as we ran.

I laughed, feeling most of my angry emotions flood away. Punching people can be rather therapeutic, actually. Plus, it was way cheaper than a psychiatrist.

Finally we turned a corner and stopped, panting heavily. I could still hear the distant sounds of the teacher yelling at people to stop running.

"Selena, you are officially my new hero." Tom told me, giving me a high five.

"Danm girl! That was hot!" Jeryy told me, still slightly out of breath. Conner rolled his eyes, slapping the back of his head. "Ow!"

"Selli." Lilly started, bringing me in for a hug. "That was awesome!"

"Awesome?" Alex snorted. "Try freaking amazing! I have wanted an excuse to hit that girl since the first day of school!"

The four of them continued their conversation, talking about how exciting that was. Meanwhile, Conner pulled me in for a hug, wrapping his arms securely around my waist.

"They're right you know." He said softly. "You are amazing."

My heart beat faster in my chest involuntarily. "Why thank you."

I noticed Alex give us a knowing glance, before leading everyone back down the hall so we could be alone.

Remind me to send her a thnank you card later.

He frowned as he took one of my hands and looked at it. For the first time, I noticed the start of bruises forming on my knuckles.

"I'm fine." I sighed, pulling my hands away to hug him back. Trust him to be worried about me after I just beat someone up.

"I love you." He told me, looking me straight in the eye.

"I love you too." I told him honestly, leaning up to give him heart-breakingly amazing kiss.

And for the first time that day, I was glad to be back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HEY!!! GUESS WHAT!?

I have decided that if I finish this story by next month, I might nominate it for the Watty Awards!!

Now don't worry, I would totally write a sequel for cutting it off so short. I'll need to see if I can wrap it up fast enough....But what do you guys think?

There have been an awful lot of great stories this year....

I won't enter it unless you guys think it's a good idea.. so let me know asap! I have to finish it by October 31!

Well anyways, sorry this took so long, I've been a little preoccupied with my education.

Ugh.

Plus, in case you haven't noticed, I went back over all the chapters and used spell-check. It has come to the recent attention of my fans, that I had been misspelling Britain wrong this entire time.

My bad!

One more thing, any suggestions for who should play Tom & Jerry?

And once again, I am still looking for banners, covers, and suggestions from my wonderful readers :)

That would be youuu.

Tell me what ya think? It's kind of a filler chapter....

-Tiny9638

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

559K 23.1K 60
~ Past separated them, now pain will bring them together.~ A teenager Sofia Hayden, experiencing her falling apart family isolated herself slowly fro...
115K 4.3K 67
She's my bestfriend and all I do is keep hurting her. I hate to see her cry, it's the worst feeling ever. Everyday I spend with her I fall in love wi...
12.3K 626 30
What happens if you fall in love with the wrong person? Maddie McCarthy must try to answer that question when she begins to fall for her best friend'...
173 28 7
Shortlisted for the Open Novella Contest 2019 • Being a Supervillain is tough. Between managing a secret lair and making sure your mom doesn't stop...