Ice To Meet You

By mrigankac

"What else do you want me to say, Mia?" "Did you mean it?" There is a pause and I just-I feel exhausted, the... More

Getting the job by fluke
sexcapades
WHAT A KENT!
What's Gucci?
You snooze; you lose!
Pro Tip: Listen to the voice inside your head.
Is he playing with me or am I getting played?
Proposition to fuck
Make him an offer he can refuse
Brunch is not always a good idea
I was better off at the ma'am cave.
Oh, Balls! He has a she
I don't dessert you
Ice to meet you
D's get degrees
Skyline is the limit
The Broke-lyn Times
Mia makes pour decisions
Sometimes you gotta pop off.
Let's get fizzical
A-dick-ted
Running latte!
SHI(f)T
Pitch imperfect
I love you until I find someone better
Loves the article or loves it not?
Hello, Nathaniel! Bye Kent?
Ass-ume
Cheese still not over it
Do it for the gram
Why so salTEA?
A-man-don't
He's guiltTEA and he nose it
Donut let me go
The good in goodbye
5 Reasons I Would Rather Date An Asshole Than A Nice Guy
Brow down to me.
Don't fall in love with a girl like me
Nate Happening
What we've all been waiting for part 1
Part 2
Drinking about you
She alcohol-ed me
Do I have to paint you a pitcher?
Too sleepy to think of a title.
That was a mouthful to swallow
NATE-IVE INDIAN
Exclusive or Ex-clusive?
Tit for tat
I think I can finger this out
Where there is a Will, there is a way
All's fire in love and war
A step too fire
Turn Mi(a) On
As fire as the eyes can see
Enter-Kent-ment
Love-heat relationship
thank u, next
colLITeral damage
Fast and fieryous
A cremative mind
Too Match, too soon
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
High definition
When Liam shows emotions
Sleep deprived Chapter.
Oh, deer.
What if I can't?
Relationshit
DespaRATE
Rachel's Story, Part 1
Rachel's Story, Part 2
Take it or leave it
Flowers and thorns Part 1
In My Mind Part 1
In My Mind Part 2
In My Mind 3
Chapter 80
Untitled Part 81
Untitled Part 82
Untitled Part 83
Untitled Part 84
Part 85

He's neat

350 35 28
By mrigankac

His eyes are glittering and for the love of god, I will never understand how he can set my body on fire with just his magnetizing blue eyes. Like a moth, I am drawn to him and to fuck with the past, I just want to throw myself on him. I want to beg him to take me back—these two days have been excruciatingly long without him. The music is not the loudest thing in the room—I can hear my pulse ticking like a time bomb.

"Focus Mia. Remember what he did. He hurt you and if you let him, he will do the same again." Inner voice cautions me but you know what? I don't care. I don't care that he shattered my heart in a thousand pieces, right now if I had another one—I would give him that too. If I had another heart, I would gift wrap it and place it on his feet.

"Do you even hear yourself, Mia? You sound like a desperate thirsty hoe." Inner bitch or Inner voice, I don't even know at this point who is talking.

"Just shut up!" I yell at them.

I wish I could hit pause for a second but I just tune them out. I drink the gorgeous man in front of me. It's like I've been thirsty for days and he is the last drop of water. Just looking at him quenches my thirst.

He has his hands on the table and he's looking just at me. It's like the outside world just doesn't exist around us.

"You are mad. Honor yourself." Inner bitch yells at me. I close my eyes and what if he's a dream? What if I am seeing things? I open my eyes almost immediately. He's still right here. I want to dance with happiness. He's here.

Halleluiah!

Somebody taps me on the shoulder. Stop disturbing me world!

I look away from Liam and it's Joe. He leans towards me and woah—he's getting too close to my face.

"He ordered a drink, are you making one, or should I?" he whispers. Oh shit.

"I got this," I say as I go to the back and pull out Blue Label. Only one other person has ordered this drink before him and he was an old man.

I pour him his whiskey—err scotch or whatever. I will never understand the difference, they look the same to me. Add soda, people drink it with soda, right?

Fuck how much is it? I move towards Joe and ask him.

"It will be $50" Holy fuck that's fucking expensive. That's more than what I make in tips for an hour.

He gives me his card and I swipe it. I learned how to use the machine 2 hours ago, so at least I won't embarrass myself in front of him. I take out the receipt from the side and give it to him.

"I would like to start a tab." Oh. How do you do that?

I head over to Joe. "Can you help me start his tab?" I whisper. He takes the iPad from the slab and types something. I think I should be paying attention to it but I just can't help myself from looking at him. He's wearing a white shirt and a big watch that's almost blinding. It looks heavy, if he was mine, I would try it out.

"Mia just serve him his drink and stop fantasizing." Inner bitch is being herself again.

"You ask before you charge a client if they want to open a tab." Joe sternly tells me then turns his attention towards Liam.

"We apologize for the inconvenience, sir. She's new here—I'll take your order. Your previous drink has already been charged but we can start a tab from now on."

"It won't be a problem and I would prefer to open a tab with Mia," he emphasizes on my name as if staking his claim on me. Joe shows me what to do and moves to serve other customers. Even though I am done looking at the iPad, I don't know what to do anymore. So, I just stare at the drinks we have available.

"Can I have a pen to sign my last receipt?" he purrs—why is he purring? Doesn't he know what it does to me? My anger is fading and I hate it. To be honest, I don't feel an ounce of anger towards him right now, I just want to kiss his face and feel his arms around me. I extend my hand forward to keep the pen near him but he holds it instead. His hand glides over my forearms and a shiver travels down my body. I have goosebumps all over my body and he slides his hands to my wrist and caresses the back of my hand—finally taking the pen from my fingers. He signs it quickly and gives it to me. I move my hand to take the receipt and he places his hands on my hands. His touch is warm and I want to melt in his arms.

Why do I have to fight with him? I could have had this hand do so much more to me if I wasn't being my stubborn self. Angry remember? I move my hand away reluctantly. Self-respect is hard.

I look down and he has tipped me $100. That's 200% tip. Anger comes bubbling back. Is he here because he feels bad about me losing my job? Is he soothing his guilty conscious? Well, dollar bills won't cut it. How could I be lame enough to think he's here because he actually misses me. Wait, is he here by accident or does he know I work here? What are the odds of him being here by accident? He isn't the type to come to a bar like this. Is he having me watched?

"Just be calm and do your job. You have to serve him—that's your job. Just do it without causing a scene." Inner voice advices me.

"Why have you tipped me 200%?" I don't really listen to her anyway.

"I always tip well." That makes sense. Dammit, I hate it when he's right.

He downs his drink while managing to still look at me. "Can I have another one and this time can I have it on the rocks?" he says as he leans towards me. Shit, I made it wrong last time.

I make him another drink and add ice this time. I place it near him and he holds the glass in a way that manages to brush his fingers against mine. I move back a little and now I know how magnets feel when they are being separated from metals. You can almost cut the sexual tension between us with a knife. Joe gives me a tray filled with dirty glasses. I turn the hot water on and scrub them clean. I put them turned upside down on the drying area that has little holes for the water to pass through.

"Can I have a refill?" Liam says and I fill him up. He doesn't say anything else and this time I just slide the glass to him to avoid his touch.

"I am taking you back home." He says as he stops the glass from sliding off.

"No." I move away from him and walk towards the back. I splash some cold water on my face and even though my makeup is melting and half faded—I don't bother to refresh. It's almost 4 a.m. and I am exhausted. Also, if I do touch up he will know that I did it for him. The bar is almost fading out and people are mostly leaving. I will not give him this much importance. I come back and he's right where he was sitting alone, sipping his whiskey. I almost feel bad for him—just observing him I can see lingering loneliness in him. He's so aloof and guarded all the time, does he even have friends?

He raises his hand and I walk towards him.

"How can I help you, sir?"

"A refill please." I pour him another one and slide it over. He chugs it immediately.

"Another one,"

"Are you sure?"

"Are you coming home with me?"

"No."

"Then fill it up." I do and slide it over. Another customer approaches the bar and Joe is out for a cigarette and Garett isn't around so I go over to him.

"How can I help you, sir?"

"I'll have a tequila shot."

"Which one?"

"Give me anything," he slurs. I pour him Jose Cuervo and give him some salt and lime.

"Can you put it on my hand?" Without waiting for a reply, he puts his hand forward. His hand is in a fist and I sprinkle some salt on it.

"Good girl, you've earnt your tip." He takes his shot and throws the glass towards me. I return him his card and he tips me $1. I put the slip in my bowl.

"A refill please." I do as I am asked but I am starting to get concerned.

"Where is Wilson?"

"Are you worried about me?" Always a question with a question—never an answer. Why am I not surprised? Even drunk he wants to keep his stupid secrets.

"Just curious," I lie.

"He's picking up Hazel from the airport, she's coming over later."

Ouch. 

Author's note 

I just made an Instagram for Ice To Meet You. The first post is of Liam, for all OG readers. I convinced Liam to say a few lines *wink-wink* and there is a video of him smoking attached to it. So check it out and let me know what you think. Also, follow the page for regular updates and polls that I will have about the story. I really want to create a place where you guys have a say in the story. So we will have previews, snippets and lots and lots of discussions and pictures. Pictures of the restaurants they go to, the food they eat, where they work and everything in between. I love you guys so much and as always let me know what more you want to see and I'll create it. The link is attached to the chapter

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

540K 15K 39
"Leave the heels on,"he said as he pulled my hair to the side and bit down on my ear. I could not help but moan.He was only in his boxers and hard a...
79.4K 1.8K 85
***COMPLETED*** When we both caught our breath, he pulled me down and kissed me. He let go of my wrist and wrapped his arms around my waist. He opene...
17.4K 455 60
"I'm the most eligible bachelor of America I'm a billionaire and you're rejecting me" "YES" "Tell me what you want I'll give you anything" " Anything...
52.6M 2.2M 200
"I was broken. Nothing, no one could fix me. Until you came into my life again. I wish I had gone with you that day instead of him. Because, now I ca...