The Wrong One: The Beginning

By Bloody-Eve

A former immortal Assassin who has resolved her taught nature for peace will have her vow sorely tested. Ede... More

Prologue
●: Eden
•: Caveziel
•: Eden
•: Caveziel
•: Eden
:Eden

•: Caveziel

13 0 0
By Bloody-Eve

Caveziel couldn't fucking believe it! The King of Hell, the maker of The Inferno, the most feared being on earth was on Eden's doorstep, wanting conversation with Eden. It shocked him more that Eden agreed, allowing The Devil inside. Eutharian gave a hiss, as all demons do to salute him. Him being part demon, he didn't have a choice. Asmodian huffed and looked at Matheus, who tried his best not to start barking. It hadn't been the first time that they have met the Prince of Hell, he observed. But, how pleasant were his visits?

Eden took a seat before carefully turning over to Vez. She motioned him to sit down, and he quickly obliged. He looked to Eden as she turned to Lucifer. This was getting weird.

"Now, don't go chewing my head off about coming here." Lucifer started. Eden stared at him before sighing. "And i thought seeing Phanuel was enough..." She sounded annoyed. Man, Eden was brave. "Why are you here?"

Lucifer's demeanor became calm, pacified. He had sighed a heavy one before looking over to Eden. "Well, i had been summoned. My brother has informed me of a threat... One of the covens that had been the cause of many scars. I suspect you know of which."

Eden nodded. "Are you here to test me? I don't feel like having another one. The last one fucked up my house."

Lucifer shook his head, his smile fading. "Fortunately, i have come to enlighten you with information." He said, readying himself. Eden sighed before allowing Lu the floor. "Abaddon had me come. I believe Phanuel already told you about the goings on. The thing is, Herod has a plan. My guess is he's attempting to distract Abe just long enough to have his actions go unnoticed and unchecked. I think you can guess what he may be up to." He said, leaning closer to Eden. Eden leaned to him, her irises turning red as a sign of threat, yet she didn't lash out. "He can't be..."

"It is my guess. I highly doubt it isn't the case. But, now..." Lucifer looked to Caveziel before diverting his attention back to Eden. "Now, i think since he met up with Abaddon, he's been looking for a few people... Either Mr. Frankenstein or Mr. Hyde. But, i really can't see his thoughts. I can only see a seriously nasty bunch of creatures, weak, malnourished, and diverse. I had to warn you before you think your warring is done. It was set when that shift happened." Eden looked to Eutharian. Eutharian seemed perplexed; he hadn't caught on to that little detail. He just didn't catch on. Lucifer looked to Eutharian. "Don't be so upset, boy. You will be able to see further. Just give it time"

Eden felt the room expand. "Lu, if this is true, then it means..."

"Yes... Your oath being broken opened a path of full out war if not stopped. Herod has dragged my son into this, and he wanted nothing to do with it-"

"But he turned a blind eye, Lu. That's why he's involved. To ignore the urgency is just as bad, if not worse" she growled. Lucifer huffed and nodded. "I... I see your point." Eden sighed as she looked down to his glass. "Are you sure of this?" She said in a low tone. Caveziel could see bit of fear in Lucifer's eyes. Was Lucifer afraid of her?

"It is speculation and splotchy future sight that tells me. I was instructed to inform you. It is up to you to figure this out." He said with a serious look on his face. Just as suddenly as the look was there, it was erased by a hurrying tone. "Ah, I'm sorry that i have to leave so soon, but Lilith can't be held waiting for too long. Its her birthday and she needs her family this year."

Eden stood, escorting him to the door."Send her my worst wishes"
He chuckled as she opened the door. "I sure will..." He looked at Caveziel. Intently for awhile. Vez looked back at him, confused as to why. Lucifer chuckled before looking to Eden. "Sorry... Anyways, I'll get going." With that he hurried out the door, disappearing into the forest.

Eden sighed as she shut the door. Everyone was staring at her before Vez's quickened breath. In the heavy atmosphere, everyone was staring at a fruit basket, with a note saying: From Lucifer.

Everyone sighed heavily. A visit from Lucifer...

-----------

An image materialized in the drawing room of a fellow friend's house. Damn... She had forgotten how well the vampire lived. Even though Lu was a warrior, he had the tastes of an aristocrat and it made sense. He'd started his life as a noble son, and fine living was still a value to him. His nineteenth- century mansion he had built for them was well cared for, filled with antiques and works of art. It was as secure as a bank vault. But the drawing room's soft yellow walls hurt her eyes. She hated bright rooms...Why did it have to be bright?

"What a pleasant surprise, my lady" Mephistopheles, the butler of the house, came in from the front hall and bowed deeply while shutting off the lights to ease his family's frequent blinking. As usual, the old noble servant was dressed in his favorite see-through getup. He'd been around for over hundred or so years and was a servant under her and The Prince ever since she transitioned into hell's most desired and feared Demoness. "Will you be long, my lady?"

Lilith shook her head in a chuckle. Not if he could help it. "A few days... Tops"

"Your rooms are ready. Should you need my assistance, I am here" Mephisto bent at the waist again and walked backward out of the room, closing the double doors behind him. Dante bowed his head silently before quietly ascended the stairs nearby, heading towards his room. Grim smirked at Lilith before his empty eyes directed to her. "Go on, son. I know you want to see Death" she chided. Grim bowed before a disembodied voice spoke " Thank you" As Grim walked out of the building, Lilith went over to a seven- foot- tall portrait of what she'd been told was a Greek God. Ares, God of War... Not bad for a man with a small cock. She chuckled to herself as she walked up to it.

When Abaddon made them, he made sure not to insult them physically... Though, nothing could be said about their consistent need for adultery and incest. They were said to have disappeared along with Atlantis and Pompeii. But, no vampire had seen them since.

She put her hand on the right side of the stone sculpture, and the canvas pivoted to reveal a dark stone hall lit with gas lamps.

Stepping inside, she took a set of stairs deep into the earth. At the bottom landing there were two doors. One went to Mephisto's sumptuous quarters. The other opened to what Lilith supposed was a home away from home for her. Most days, she slept in a castle filled with jewels and riches, witches at her beck and call, Succubi and Incubi heeding to her most erotic and twisted desires in Luc's absence. But she would never invite Mephistopheles there. Or even any of her servants. Her privacy was precious now. As she stepped inside, candles mounted into the walls flared around the room at her will. Their golden glow barely made headway against the darkness.

In deference to Lilith's trouble with strong light, Luc had painted the walls and twenty-foot-high ceiling black. In one corner there was a massive bed with black and red satin sheets and a thicket of pillows. Across the way, was a leather couch, a wide- screen TV, and a door that opened into a black marble bathroom. There was also a closet full of weapons and clothes. For some reason, Mephisto was always bugging her to stay there... Come back and stay with his master. It was a goddamned mystery. There wasn't a defense issue, because, of course, he could handle himself. And the idea of a vampire like Mephisto would be lonely was ludicrous. He had Margaretta.

Lilith sensed one of the servants before he came into the room. The scent of the ocean, a clean breeze, preceded her. Let's get this over with, she thought. She was itching to get back into the streets. She's had a taste for some Vietnamese dishes, and tonight she wanted to gorge herself. She turned around. Lucifer in his pride and glory bowed his slight body to her, she sensed devotion and a primal lust weaving together in the air around him.

"As you wish, my lady" he said. From what she could see, he was wearing his dressed in black livery, and his short black hair was a bit crazy... She told him not to wear the uniform... Or to even look like a servant. She sighed at her discomfort. She wished to hell he wouldn't make the effort. She removed her shawl as a Vietnamese man appeared, bound, alive and panicking. Lilith purred as she slowly sauntered to the bed. "My Prince, are you trying to surprise me?" She toyed. Lucifer smirked. "Anything for my Queen" he let his voice rumble as he removed the jacket.

Probably better they were gone, she thought. They wouldn't have approved of what she'd do to their father. Hell takes up her time, but who else would take care of the fields of unaltered souls of murderers and rapists? "I'm sorry, i meant to meet you out front, but i had been slightly... Busy... I hope Mephistopheles have been kind"

Lilith headed for the bathroom. "Mephisto was a doll, as usual. You needed me, I come" She turned on the light, before seeking the bar. With steam rising from the rush of the black wine in her glass, she set down the bottle, taking a long swig if the wine. Lucifer purred, shaking the chambers about them, sending a rocking in her core she hadn't felt in a long time.

She sighed as she looked to her husband. "Luc... Didn't i tell you to stop wearing the suit?"

"Yes, but i prefer to stay formal. If i turn to primal instinct, it would ruin the foreplay"

Lilith purred back. The throne of Hell has taught her a thing or two. "Foreplay?"

Lucifer let a deep rumble from his throat, and it aroused Lilith, who leaned against the bed. Luc started circling her, causing her breath to hitch. "My Prince, before our dinner? Wouldn't that ruin the mood?, "

"I'd like our meals to watch." He hissed through his fangs.

Before she could say anything, Lucifer was in her face, his kiss wanting. Lilith ever seen him so needing, so much like puddy in her hands. Most times, he wouldn't even appear to her in his human form. When he did, it was either one of two things: either he was ultimately impressed, and it takes a lot for that to happen, or he was so pissed that he was unusually calm, and she had run ins with that side of him.

His dark gray wings expanded, until the two of them were in midair. Their spiked tails intertwined, Lilith shivered with anticipation. "Oh, Luc..." She moaned as he licked along her jawline. Without any warning he had pryed into her mind, flooding it with all the erotic things she had done without him in Hell, and purred sinisterly. "Happy Birthday, Lilith"

--------------

Ugh... Eden was growing annoyed. First, Phanuel pulls the most bullshittiest stunt ever, then Mr. Wanna- be- Hugh Jackman head ass wanna kill the vibe with some off the wall warning about Herod. Just off of one guy she had a bleeding heart for. She sighed to her frustration. What the fuck... Did she really get herself into?

She looked at Caveziel, who still seemed like he was still figuring out if he just saw The Devil or there had to be garlic on the pizza. Quite honestly, when death and Hell ain't an option, there was really nothing anyone could do if He appears on their doorstep. Eden sighed. Lucifer actually cares about his kids, illegitimate or not. Something Abaddon said must've really spooked him for him to seek her out... What was really going on here??

Caveziel finally snapped out of his blanked out state with "That was Lucifer"

Eden shrugged and nodded. "Yup, you saw Lucifer"

"The Devil..."

"Ah... No... Not the Devil. That is Dante."

"Okay, but he's Satan, though... Right?"

"Nope... That's his second born son."

He looked at her, blinking a few times. "What is he?"

"The Prince of Darkness. That is all... "

"The Bringer of Light is the Prince of Darkness... What surprises me is how simple the switch is..."

"Look, Vez... The human world completely muzzled up the stories from the get go. You have to be open minded, because not everything is what you remember from your human years. This is the truth, and you'll need to understand that first"

Caveziel looked at the seriousness on her face. "In the Slave days, white folks would use the bible to scare their products, instilling fear that if they ever disobeyed their masters, that God would punish them by making them believe you would burn in hell... They roped Lucifer into all sorts of bullshit, when they actually done it themselves... These churches? Fronts... Those are masterminds using Jehovah's name to claim other people's hard earned money... But, in this day and age, it's blasphemous to speak out on it... You see my point?"

"How did you get that?" He was having a bit of a hard time trying to piece together what she did.

"Two major differences... One, i came from the slave days. Two, after i was turned, i had the 'holy' pleasure of running into a coven full of banished Archangels, and have done things that i feel nothing for, just to get rid of his lackey. Why they're vampires, i'll explain later, but they dropped so much knowledge on me, that even they were astonished on how quick i would find the answer."

Caveziel looked at her a moment, with a brain fart look on his face... "That... Is some serious knowledge" he said finally. Eden sighed before looking to him. "Look, the point is don't believe everything the world has told you... You're under the skin now, so prepare for the real to be raw and unashamed"

Caveziel was like a child. Everything was not what he was told back then... And she was right... This whole thing is a game changer. He had'd even been a vampire a full twenty- four hours and all this shit happened within that time... 

"Okay, so you wanna tell me what happened after the rebellion?" he asked. Eden looked to him a second. "Don't you have something to do?"

"Uh... No, except our date"

"Our date? I said tomorrow, if your learned your basics"

"I have learned my basics... I learned of allies and expecting the unexpected. So much happened in twenty- four hours. Not hard to follow" he chimed.

Eden sighed, a little annoyed. If this was a crush thing, it sure as hell was annoying. "Fine, fine... But you got thirty minutes before i change my mind" she chuckled as she turned and walked upstairs.

Vez sighed and chuckled before noticing that Eutharian was staring at him from the threshold in the kitchen. He had a smile on his face, a crooked smile that read 'It is all going according to plan' kind of smile.  He tilted his head, but Eutharian nodded to him as he grabbed his mug. "I'll talk to you later... In the meantime... Enjoy your date, Vez" he said walking by him with the same sheepish smile.

Vez didn't have much, but he managed to find some jeans, a regular sweater, a white t-shirt, and some sneakers. He's gonna have to go shopping. Ever since he had been there with The Pack, he didn't have a desire to dress up and look formal... He felt more of a need to leave them behind, as long as he had something better to do than to sit somewhere bored and always repeating some routine when it came to those lackeys. Believe it or not, it's very irritating... And the war never ends. 

Eden came downstairs with a belly shirt and jeggins on, and put it all together with Adidas. Damn, Vez thought a second. If he didn't know any better, he could've felt that he was already turned on by the sight of her. But, such a beautiful girl like her didn't deserve such savagery. So, he kept it in his pants, and approached her with a gentlemanly stature. 

"Okay, i'm ready" she said before turning to him. Vez just stared at her. What could he say? She knew how to dress. "You look beautiful," he said. Eden blushed and hid her face a bit. Damn... Even her shy reaction was cute to him. What was he getting himself into? "Alright... Where do you want to go? My treat"

"I thought i said i would take you on a date"

"Not how the role goes, babygirl. A man ain't a man if his lady's paying"

"Is that a 'man' thing? Or a 'pride' thing?"

"Eh, a little of both... But, in my mind, the lady has to be worth it."

"I suppose you're telling me that i'm worth it?"

"Can't say you're lyin'" he said and smiled a fanged smile, a soft one she had never seen before. It wasn't forced. It wasn't fabricated. "Where to? You can pick"

"I haven't been to Dixieland. It's like a mini fair; I'd like to go there."

"Dixieland? Say less." He knew exactly where she was getting at. Dixieland was in Fayetteville, and it was quite a mini amusement park. It always looked like Final Destination 3, but... He still liked the park. He looked around, though. "What?" she asked. 

"It's ninety-eight degrees outside. We should pack some bottles and towels. We do have to look like humans, right?"

She nodded, and went to the closet nearby, grabbing a bag. "We'll buy them on the way. We'll pass some stores on the way there."

-------

Eden and Vez had arrived at Dixieland. They had bought hats and water bottles, and they were in the park in less than fifteen minutes. Humans were everywhere, children and adults, teens dealing with puppy love and old souls with perfectly seasoned love had walked by behind their grandchildren who ran for the rollercoaster. Birthday girls and boys running around with cake stains on their outfits, along with a party of like- aged kids, too hocked on candy and pizza to care about the possible dangers they were around. Vez could almost miss being human if he was tied down to the nighttime. "Damn, i didn't know they changed the name"

"Oh, i don't mind it. I still call it Dixieland. So. Where to first?"

"I usually go carting. i like that best"

"Well, they built a new course... Its off the ground now, so it ought to be interesting." she chuckled.

It had been hours into the summer day that the party was dying down a bit. The kids were replaced with old golfers and older hippies, just picking a day to have a little fun. Adults galore, and it felt more comfy that way. Weed and liquor began to stink the air, and Vez smiled at it. There was no smell any sweeter than the smell of complete bliss and calm. Eden and Vez weren't really concerned with it, however. They were more involved with racing each other. Vez had lost this round. This was the fourth time she beat him. He shook his head. She has road rage, he joked.

Climbing out of the cart, Eden was laughing in triumph as Vez climbed out of his. "Ha ha ha, very funny, Eden. You weren't playing fair" he joked. Eden looked back at him. "That's my domain, Vez. I'm the master of carting!" She had her hands up in victory, and Caveziel chuckled at the sight. She looked completely different when she smiled. She looked... Human.

They left the carting for awhile, going to a section of the park where the lake was. Vez took a sip of his soda and leaned against the building as she looked to the crystal lake. "Thank you" she voiced. Vez looked to her. "Hmm?" Vez asked. Eden pulled a small smile. "Thank you... For bringing me here"

"Oh, no problem... I felt that it would be a nice place for you to wind down."

"Are you sure you're not trying to soften me up to try nothing?" she asked. Vez chuckled. "Nah. I don't find that to be productive... Just talking will do"

"Talking about what?"

"About some of this stuff. Like... You... Tell me why you have this wall up." Eden looked to him, scoffing. "Seriously?"

"Yeah, babygirl, come on... We've known each other for years. We should at least try to get to know each other, now that we have all eternity"

She sighed a bit. "Well, first of all, i made you, so i thought you'd be this kind of newborn that would wanna know how to hunt or kill, not try to get to know me."

"Well, i'm not like other vampires" he smiled. He looked to her. "Look, i know i've been a Mempha for only two days so far. But, i don't see a reason to throw away anything i felt or believed in when i was human. I still find you attractive, just as i have when i was human. I still want to get to know you. At least let me try..."

Eden looked over to him and sighed. "Why are you trying so hard?" she asked softly. Vez gently pushed off the wall and stepped closer to her. "... Because... I want you" he said plainly. "I want no other woman. I've understood that the last time i saw you."

"Vez..." she looked away, before attempting to speak. "Vez, I-"

Eden was trying to speak on it, but a stench caught her attention. She quickly turned, looking around feverishly for the source. "Eden?"

"We need to go..." she said quickly. 

"Go? Babygirl, what's going on?" Vez started. 

Eden walked on quickly, hurrying out of the threshold of the park. "Babygirl, wait-"

"Vez, we need to go... Right now!"

"Tell me what's going on, Eden" he said quickly as he ran around the front of the car and jumped into the passenger seat.

Just as she started the car, she gasped at what she was staring at ahead of her. Vez followed her gaze and what he saw, for some reason, he knew it was bad news. 

It was a dude... Someone he obviously didn't know, but the entire atmosphere seemed to want to repel him. His skin was ashen, but he could tell he was black. His hair was cut, and he stood about six feet, but his eyes were dilated, and he was looking right at Eden. "Eden... Who is that?" Vez asked as she quickly put the car in gear. "My ex" she growled slowly. Vez looked ahead. "Your ex?" he felt himself hissing the words out. The sight of him made him want to attack. It felt like venom in his throat, and as he stared at this guy, it was imperative that he kept this one away from her. She was telling it with her eyes... She didn't want him nowhere near her. 

"Drive... Babygirl, drive" Caveziel said calmly. Eden obliged as she put it in reverse and skidded backwards, taking off in the opposite direction. Vez kept his eyes on the guy as she drove off like a bat out of hell. As she drove off, kicking up dust and dirt, he watched behind the car as the seemingly cold figure began to follow, walking, then trotting, then jogging, before making a full sprint after them. "Oh, fuck!" Vez growled above the roaring engine. Eden hissed. He didn't have to tell her. He was tailing the car on foot. 

She reached in the glove compartment and pulled a gun from it. "Under the seat!" she yelled to him. Vez immediately dug under the seat for whatever was under it and pulled out a uzi. "We gotta get him off the street, and off our tail!" Vez yelled. Eden looked up, to see Thomas Road. "Say less!"

She immediately changed gears before skidding right, and sped uphill. The form had tried to cut through Sonic's parking lot to get his hands on the car, but missed his shot and was still lagging behind. Eden made sure to kick the speed to high gear as she scaled the hill and was starting downhill. Vez rolled down the window as he watched the man following him. He stuck his upped torso out along with the gun. He started shooting, humans running away in fear from the sound, fearing being a victim in the fray. 

He hit his target, but the man kept running. It was only slowing him down. "We gotta lose him! Cops will be coming!"

"On it!" she yelled before skidding into Flint River Rd, and sped as fast as she could down the street, ultimately losing the follower some miles back. She took a right, and raced her way to Tara Blvd, before calming her hurried drive, but still kept a fast pace, to keep him away from the car, and away from her. Vez was already in the car and he shoved the uzi back under the seat.. Eden looked ahead, but her face shown both fear and anger. "Damnit!" she yelled, punching the wheel before raking her locs from her face. Vez looked to her, more so worried about her than upset. 

"Babygirl-"

"How? How did he find me?"

"Eden-"

"I can't... i-"

"Baby, stop the car"

"What?"

Vez looked at her and hard. "Stop the car"

Eden, frustrated and scared to, had stopped down the street at a Walgreens. She looked at him back as she parked the car. "Why am i parking?"

"You need to calm down"

"Calm down? How am i supposed to calm down? Giever wasn't supposed to be here!"

"What do you mean? Why ain't he supposed to?"

"Because i killed him" She sighed frustratingly. Caveziel looked at her for a moment. "Tell me"

Eden sighed as she took her hands from the wheel. "I had to... He betrayed me. He raped me and turned me over to Herod."

"I thought you were seduced"

"That's how they see it, unfortunately." she huffed as she looked ahead. "I prefer them to believe what they want, but i never gave myself to him. He took me by force, and turned me over to Herod where he and Bartholomew needed a test dummy... And because Vlad and Judas wasn't there to protect me..." Caveziel could see her putting up the wall. the fear on her face made it clear. 

As Eden sighed away the past for awhile, Vez took her hand. He quickly pulled her to him, and before she could react to it, his lips found hers. She gasped and attempted to push him off, but he was unmoved. When he did release her, she shoved him away. She expected Vez to laugh, but he only stared at her. "What was that for?"

"You were hurting... It was the only thing i can think of to distract you"

"Yeah? Don't do that again"

"Why? Is it because of him?"

Eden huffed and looked at him. She wanted to say 'YES! He is my problem! I can't have a soft heart now! He's waiting on that to happen!', but what came out was "I can't let you or any of my boys get hurt. This is my fight"

"Ah... So, you won't give me a chance because you're afraid that it can be used as a weakness"

Vez nodded before looking to her. Her eyebrows were furrowed. He could tell she wasn't joking. "Eden, how can you see the matters of the heart as a weakness?"

She looked to him. "It was before" she said. Vez nodded. "... You had the wrong partner. He preyed against you because you were stronger, and used your kindness for a weakness... Lesson learned. That doesn't mean you shut yourself out from trying again..."

Vez had kissed her again, this time, she was less capable to fight back. He sighed. "Babygirl... You're with me now... No matter what... I'll protect you the best way i know how"

She wanted to ask the obvious question, but prevented it. "You need to trust me. I will never hurt you. I will never use you... I will never break your heart. And i will make sure that i be the man you need and want" he sighed as he looked ahead. "I'll make sure you're safe and happy... And if anyone hurts you... Makes you cry... I will make them pay... Just..." he looked to her and took her hand. 

"Just try... Just try with me"

Eden looked at him, seeing that he was trying so hard to make her feel like she was wanted. In fact, it surprised her that he was jumping through hoops just to make her see that he wanted her this badly. She sighed to herself. "I'm gonna beat my own ass for this" she grumbled. Caveziel's smile had formed before he turned her head to him. "No... I'll make sure you are well taken care of. I put that on my immortality" he said before giving her a kiss on the lips again. For the first time, though, she accepted his advance, trying to figure out in her head... Was she making the right choice?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.9K 9.5K 196
"For if the devil was ever to see her, he would kiss her eyes and repent." ___________________________________ Falling from 38, 000 feet after her pa...
55.7K 82 27
Indulge in a seductive journey through a world of secrets, desires, and illicit passions. This Smut Book is a collection of short stories that explor...
39.7K 1.8K 24
""SIT THERE AND TAKE IT LIKE A GOOD GIRL"" YOU,DIRTY,DIRTY GIRL ,I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE BOOK🌝🌚
141K 5K 59
|A COURT OF THORNS AND ROSES| Perhaps it was her own fault that the people around her always ended up hurt. Perhaps she had done something, stumbled...