The Alpha Of Darkness

By justyourordinarynerd

Cruel, vindictive and murderous. His name lingered in every wolves' mind, the bitter hatred, all consuming... More

Authors update
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 48
**Important**
Chaper 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58

Chapter 47

2.8K 117 7
By justyourordinarynerd

"Lo?" A confused Isaac croaked.

"Don't bother" The Alpha rubbed his temples in irritation, "she doesn't remember anything" he bitterly added, stepping away from the girl. An air of unjustified anger lingered around him, poisoning the atmosphere with his toxicity.

Throwing a last impending glare at his insubstantial mate, Damien stormed away. His influx of emotion taking the shape of a double-edged sword, swung with his rage at Lolita's state. Irritation crawled through his skin like a sea of spiders as the source of his confinement and comfort was mercilessly snatched away from him, enlightening the alpha of his growing dependence on the girl, further fuelling his self-hatred.

"I don't understand why he cares so much" The brunette begrudgingly drew out before slumping onto the comfy seat under her.

"I don't think anyone does" Her companion muttered, running his fingers his sandy locks, emerald orbs meeting Lolita's own but carrying a look of immense distance, the boy inhaled sharply. "But the point is, he does"

A look of pain etched Isaac's features but nonetheless, he continued. "I know you don't remember anything right now however, that doesn't change the fact Damien needs you. He's awful, sure, yet there's something about your love which makes him, uh somewhat bearable I guess" Content with his words, he faced Lolita to examine the impact of them, only to be displeased from her unreadable expression. "What're you thinking?" He urged.

Lolita, who could not recognise the strange man who seemed so deeply invested into her, more so, the petite girl felt she could harbour the same emotions for him. Through all of the uncertainty of these individuals, her family, her mate and herself, a vivid picture of a pale, lean man were ingrained into her mind. Soft alluring words of a promised marriage left his lips, vibrant chestnut hair spilling over his dark glimmering eyes. The urge Lolita felt to return to this man was almost primal.

But who was he? A figment of her imagination?

Shrugging her shoulders at the foreign boy in front of her, Lolita forced a smile, mumbling a reply. "I'll try"

"Thank you" Her so-called best friend voiced, placing a warm kiss on Lolita's temple, he exited the room with a new air of hope. Pleased at the desired effect, Lolita's silvery began scanning through the endless rows of history books, running her fingers along the dusty spines, the sharp brunette settled for a copy covering important figures of the supernatural world which a coy smile playing on her pink lips.

Isaac paced down the corridors in the determination of discovering the brooding Alpha and enlightening him with his mate's promised cooperation. Arriving at the heavy oak door, he eagerly swung the contraption open, now wasn't the time for formalities, he reasoned. All sense of relief drained from him, the air filled heavy with such gloom his throat felt clogged up.

"I'm going to kill him" The deadly Alpha uttered, all colour draining from his pale, lifeless face.

~~

"I want to see my daughter" A broken voice coughed out. "There's so much she needs to know" The voice further croaked, like each syllable scratched against her achy sandpaper throat.

Sensing the immense pain, his fallen angel was in, the king hushed her like a child. "Not now my dear Elizabeth" Nursing her forehead with a wet cloth, he continued. "You need to rest, your health is rapidly declining, please darling" He pleaded through heavy breaths. "Please stay with me"

A small clammy hand clasped against his own, the heat emitting through his skin sparking the blood flow back into his stiff veins, the euphoria almost enough to wash away his pain.

~~

"You ought to stay with her" A familiar voice suggested. "Tame your temper for her life is at stake"

The Alpha huffed, gritting his teeth together, his large hands balling into stiff fists. Isaac observed as the shaking man attempted to calm himself, his pale fists clamping impossibly tighter. I wonder how many throats those fists have tightened around. He shuddered at the thought, relieved to see the lethal weapon unravel, paler than usual.

"You're right Lucius" He voiced. "You always are" his words no more than a breathy whispered.

Turning to the stunned boy, he finally chose to acknowledge his presence. "Does my anger amuse you? What the hell do you want?"

His tone cut into Isaac like venom, like in an unbegotten state, sentences failed to string from his mouth. "I..Lolita..she'll try..She-"

Cut off from the blast of air which encompassed Damien's swift motion, Isaac closed his swung open jaw and took a moment to process the unreasonable fear he suddenly felt towards Damien.

"His aura can do that" The ancient Lycan chuckled. "It changes, but, that- that only happens when his anger draws upon the underworld"

Isaac's jaw returned to its previous state earning another chuckle from the Lycan. "Don't worry about it"

"What's up with Lolita" Isaac added, averting the topic, his voice rather higher than usual.

"She's under a spell of some sort, drawn to whoever cast it" Lucius sighed. "Until she returns to the individual, she won't feel at ease, hence the need for Damien to stay with her. She's a danger to herself like this" his monotone voice furthered.

~~

Flicking through the stiff, ancient parchment paper, Lolita willed her eyes to remain open, scanning through the pages, the brunette felt enraged at her inability to register the words, her confused state left her feeling out of practice, hence the extreme focus she needed to retain a simple task which she did not usually need. Huffing in irritation, she swung the book away, startled at the low murmur which followed.

"You missed" The voice mused, a creak following as his figure leaned against the door frame perfectly moulding into the empty space.

"I didn't mean- I'm sorry" Lolita sighed, placing her pale face into her delicate hands.

"That's quite alright" The deep voice responded, growing closer to the girl, sparks colliding into her shoulder. "Aren't you tired?"

Shrugging his warm hand from her shoulder, Lolita nodded, "show me to my room please" She muttered, disregarding the slight look of hurt Damien's features formed from her action.

"Alright ma'am" Damien smirked, causing Lolita to register the demanding way she spoke to him, however, she was too tired to reply, dragging her feet along behind the Alpha as they exited the library.

"Here" Damien smirked, gesturing towards the large room, sliding onto the mahogany floor, the timid girl approached the large bed before slipping onto the comforter beneath her, sliding her delicate fingers along the crimson silk.

Sitting upward, she contorted her face that of annoyance as the object of her irritation continued leaning against the door frame. "You can leave now" Lolita retorted.

"And have you escape?" The smirking Alpha replied. "Not a chance" Gliding towards the girl, his slender fingers tucked a loose strand of her silky locks behind her ear before huskily whispering "I'm never going to leave your side, ever again"

Shuddering from his proximity, Lolita pushed the werewolf back, with all the force her body could muster, resulting in little difference. She felt weak, he made her feel that way. Despite how much the girl tried to hate him, her body and mind reacted in a different way, urging her to be near him, embrace him, accept him but lolita knew this was wrong. Despite how she may have previously felt, those true feelings were now gone, the memories, love and even pain they shared, gone. All she saw when she looked at him was a handsome stranger, one which held a look of raw emotion in his glistening ocean eyes orbs which she could not return.

The thought of learning to love him too did not appeal to the girl. All Damien's touch brought to her was a sheer force of guilt accompanied by the only face she remembered, the dangerously beautiful face which she could not depict, but the urge to return to him kept her from connecting with the people around her, her senses told her this would be betrayal and she daren't share this information with anyone. How could she know they were telling the truth? For all Lolita knew, these could be her captors.

A shift from the mattress below her caused
Lolita to slip towards the weight, only to meet a shirtless Alpha she wanted nothing to do with. Shooting off the bed, agitated girl ran towards the bathroom, slamming the door shut.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14K 949 112
When I locked my gaze with hers, everything became clearer. While my wolf screamed 'Mate' in my head with joy and excitement. I whispered with despai...
6.7K 716 25
Who knew that a Faery and a Werewolf, much less an Alpha, could be destined to one another? But, there is nothing special about their bond, it is as...
3.6M 79.1K 23
"Beau, stop," I gasped, but I didn't want him to stop. "Amabelle. I am your alpha and your mate. You are mine and only mine. I am yours and only you...
14.5K 705 23
(Sequel to ALPHA) Recommended to read first book first. *EDITING* Diana's journey continues when the prophecy actually happens. When one of her close...