Xerxes Knight: The Alpha King...

By TheLittle_Naga_Girl

|HIGHEST RANKING| #4 in Werewolf. #1 in Mate. * "He's dangerous. He's invincible." "He can take on hundreds o... More

Prologue.
|One|
|Two|
|Three|
|Four|
|Five|
|Six|
|Seven|
|Eight|
|Nine|
|Ten|
|Eleven|
|Twelve|
|Thirteen|
|Fourteen|
|Fifteen|
|Sixteen|
|Seventeen|
|Eighteen|
|Nineteen|
|Twenty|
|Twenty-one|
|Twenty-Two|
|Twenty-three|
| Twenty four |
|Twenty five|
|Twenty six|
|Twenty- seven|
|Twenty eight|
|Twenty Nine|
|Thirty|
|Thirty-one|
|Thirty-Two|
|Thirty- three|
|Thirty- four|
|Thirty-Five|
|Thirty- six|
|Thirty-seven|
|Thirty- Eight|
|Thirty- Nine|
|Fourty|
|Fourty-One|
|Fourty- two|
|Fourty-Three|
|Fourty - Four|
|Fourty- Five|
|Fourty- Six|
|Fourty- Seven|
|Fourty-Eight|
Let's discuss.
|Fourty- Nine|
|Fifty|
|Fifty- One|
|Fifty- Two|
|Fifty-Three|
|Fifty-Four|
|Fifty-Five|
|Fifty- Seven|
|Fifty-Eight|
|Fifty-Nine|
|Sixty|
|Sixty- One|
|Sixty-two|
|Sixty-Three|
|Sixty-Four|
|Sixty-Five|
|Sixty-Six|
|Sixty-SevenI
|Sixty-Eight|
|Sixty-Nine|
|Seventy|
|Seventy-One|
|Seventy-Two|

|Fifty-Six|

81.4K 2.5K 786
By TheLittle_Naga_Girl

"What d-does that mean?" Fear crept in me, my voice came out shaky. The worst possible scenario crossing my mind from the conclusion I could draw from his words.

It was just a dream, wasn't it? It wouldn't be anything serious, just a bad dream which coincidentally, we both happened to dreamt about.

No matter how much I tried to assure myself, I wasn't a fool but I didn't want to admit. I didn't want my dream to become a reality or anything close to it. I didn't want to lose Xerxes or Karl or any of our pack members.

Xerxes remained quiet not answering me, not meeting my questioning, fear filled gaze. He seemed to be deep in thought, and I left him alone with his thoughts because I had too much on my mind.

'Alpha King.'

My shoulders straighten when I heard Damien's voice in Xerxes' head through the mind link.

My eyes snapped to Xerxes but he was staring at the wall intently. He replied to Damien after a beat, 'What is it?'

My brows furrowed in confusion when I heard their conversations in my head. I wasn't aware how I was able to hear them, it had never happened before.

Perhaps, Xerxes left the link opened unintentionally and that's how I was able to hear them but it was not possible until now. I was hardly able to mindlink Xerxes and the fact that I could hear them both in my head was was quite astonishing yet exciting.

'Celestial is here.'

'Not now.'

'But he's here as per your orders, Alpha King.'

'I said, Not. Now.'

I could sense the change in his mood through the mindlink. He cut the mindlink and I took it as an opportunity to shuffle closer, holding his hands, plastering a smile on my face.

He instantly calmed down and tucked a strand of my tresses behind my ear. "You should go and meet Celestial. It seems like he came all the way here to meet you." I spoke slowly, trying to make him understand.

His eyes slightly narrowed on me and I retracted my words wondering if I said something wrong but I was pretty certain I didn't say anything wrong.

"How did you know?" He asked gruffly.

I blinked at his question, confused by it for a second until it struck me. He didn't know I heard him and Damien. "Oh, I heard Damien inform you about his arrival." I said it like it was no big deal and it was not but his reaction was unexpected.

Surprise registered in his eyes and he pulled back a little, looking at me intently that had me creasing my forehead.

"What?" I deadpanned.

"How did you hear it?" He was reacting way too surprise at such a small thing or was he?

"Mindlink, duh." I giggled shaking my head at him.

'Meryl.'

My brows furrowed when I heard his voice in my head. "Why are you using mindlink, I am right here." I frowned.

"Try replying me through the link, love." He muttered softly, his brows creased.

Nodding, I tried to do what he told me to. My brows creased and I tried to concentrate before using the mindlink. I felt him and smiled before mindlinking him, 'Yes, Xerxes.'

Grinning broadly, I uttered, "I think the mating strengthen our bond." I blushed a little when I used the word mating.

Xerxes nodded his head, rubbing his thumb over my ample of my cheek. "It certainly has and we have to meet Celestial like you have wanted me to, now."

"We?" I thought he had some work with Celestial, why do I have to go along with him?

"Yes love, we." He murmured, his tone patient. "Unless, you're not feeling well. We can go and meet him tomorrow." He stated, worry etching on his face. "Do you still have a headache?" He thumb traced my forehead, blocking the view of my eye.

I shook my head in negative. "We can meet him now. I don't want to keep him waiting, he already came so far to meet you."

He held my hands in his before placing a kiss at the back of each hand. "We can come back anytime you feel like." I nodded my head as a response.

He turned my hand and kissed the inner pale skin of my wrists. "Tell me, if you feel unwell, okay?" His eyes bored in mine. I nodded again and bit my lip at the intensity of his stare. "Use your words." He ordered softly.

A frowned at his tone but answered nonetheless. "Okay."

Xerxes got off the bed and I sat up, swinging my legs off the bed. My eyes looked down searching for my shoes which were missing. "What's wrong?"

"My shoes." I muttered making a move to get up but Xerxes placed a hand over my shoulder keeping me seated in place.

I looked at him in question not able to comprehend his action.

"I will get it for you." He didn't even wait for my response before turning around and making his way towards the closet.

My heart warmth at his words and a squeal almost made its way out of my mouth but I held it in. Unable to contain my happiness, I smiled widely looking down at my bare feet as I wiggled my toes grinning broadly.

I saw a pair of shoe in my line of view, they were ballet flats. I raised my head up to see Xerxes kneeling in one knee before me, his eyes on me. "What's with the creepy smile?" He asked in all seriousness.

My smile dimmed a little at the word creepy. Did he think my smile was ugly? Or did I look creepy?

My self-questioning moment dissipated in the thin air when I saw his lips twitch and he looked slightly amused. I gasped in realization. "Did you just crack a joke with me?" I smiled at my own question.

"Maybe." He muttered, holding my ankle and slipping the shoe in my foot, followed by another.

His action warmth my insides and tugged my heart. He can be sweet when he want to be.

"Come." He offered me his hand after getting to his feet, standing tall.

Accepting his hand, I got to my feet. Strangely, I didn't feel weak like I had expected instead I felt good. Xerxes kept his hand around my waist pulling me close to him. He was looking down at me as if searching for something.

"I am good, don't worry." I smiled at him in assurance. Worry was written all over face.

We made our way out of the bedroom and set out towards the pack house where Celestial probably was.

On our way to the pack house, I looked around, everything seemed to be in place and back to normal. I didn't need any confirmation that the fight turned in our favour.

Xerxes had won, we had won.

I feared to ask him about the causalities and how many lives we lost, but as a Luna, as their Luna I have to face the problems squarely and could no longer cower when enemy come at us.

I have to perform my duty as their Luna efficiently and with utmost pride.

Despite what and how I feel towards Thomas, I couldn't let his action go unpunished but I would request Xerxes to give him a chance to state his reasons for taking such a drastic step. Thinking about Thomas and what had happened left a bitter taste in my mouth. They were probably caged in the dungeons by now.

Chasing away such depressing thoughts, I focused back on the present. Those questions can wait until later.

"Just so you know..." I started to say pushing my head to look up at Xerxes who turned his head before looking down at me. "You don't have a sense of humour." I bit my lip trying to stop the smile that threatened to spread over my lips.

Xerxes' eyes twinkled in amusement before he looked away, staring straight ahead. "I can't be good at everything." He muttered, an air of arrogance surrounding him.

I scowled at him but he was right, he ought to be bad at something or else that'd be unreal, he was already too prefect to be real.

"At least you realise it." I mumbled under my breath but he heard it.

His hold over my waist tighten a little and he smiled down at me beautifully. His eyes brighter and happier. He hardly smiled and when he did, he looked utterly, inhumanly gorgeous making my insides melt at the sight.

Xerxes stopped walking, making me do the same and leaned down to placed a firm kiss over my forehead.

Few of the pack members walking by gaped at the open display of affection by their Alpha King. When he pulled back, I smiled at the pack members as they quickly bowed their head in respect.

Xerxes started walking again and soon we reached the pack house. "Why do I have to join you?" I asked quietly, keeping my voice as hushed as possible.

"You will find out." He answered, nodding at Damien who followed behind us closely.

Xerxes opened the door to his study and let me in through first before walking closely behind, Damien following suit.

My eyes instantly went to the two familiar faces that took comfort in the couch. The bald guy from the previous meeting was seated beside Celestial who instantly got to his feet and bowed when he saw Xerxes or us.

"Alpha King, Luna Queen." He addressed us, raising his head and standing behind the couch.

I grimaced slightly at the new title. Now that it was obvious, Xerxes and I had mated because of the mixed scent mates give out after mating, everyone addressed me as Luna Queen. I was still not completely used to being called Luna when they started addressing me as Luna Queen, the title felt like a burden that' was weighing me down. The responsibility that came with the title had me questioning myself.

Xerxes jerked his chin towards the vacant couch before using his words, "Sit." I obliged and he took seat beside me, close. "I will like to talk with Celestial alone with my mate." Xerxes spoke, his eyes unwavering from Celestial who had a hood over his head.

The bald guy bowed at the two of us, avoiding my eyes before walking out of the room along with Damien.

The bald seemed much polite unlike our first meeting. He avoided my curious eyes that were on him probably ashamed of his first impression on me. I was still very curious about their pack- the pack of abandoned as Helen had told me.

Celestial kept his hood on and before Xerxes could utter a word, he spoke up breaking the silence, "The scar has vanished."

My mouth parted at his words in surprise. He was an Elder, Chief of an Elder and it shouldn't be surprising that he knew that but I still was.

"Yes, it has." Xerxes was strangely calm and unaffected unlike me. "What could that possibly mean, her amulet vanishing?"

"It vanished because she doesn't need it anymore." Celestial spoke softly his velvety voice smooth and soothing for ears. "The mating process has unleased her wolf, she is now one with her wolf."

My heart leaped in delight at his words. His statement made sense, after the mating, my bond with Vivi was stronger and I always felt her presence, even now. Her happiness could be sensed and it resulted in me feeling ten times more happier.

Xerxes looked deep in thought. "That would explain the mindlink." He mumbled more to himself than to me.

My eyes went to Celestial again and I asked what I had long wanted to, this time hoping for a positive answer. "Does that mean I can shift?" I waited in anticipation to hear his response.

Celestial didn't answer me, he remained quiet. Xerxes kept a hand over my shoulder before they trailed over my arm giving it a rub as if to comfort me.

I swallowed at Celestial's unresponsive state. My hope dimming and disappointment started to seep in me.

After what felt like eternity, Celestial responded, "I am afraid not."

His words cut me deep and my insides felt like it was being twisted and someone was pilling then out, I felt nauseous and sick.

"Why?" I whispered meekly.

Vivi's sadness and disappointment was effecting me and my mood. I wanted to shift, I wanted to let Vivi out, I wanted her to run on her fours, I wanted to see the world through her eyes.

Instead of Celestial answering, Xerxes did. "The shifting age for a werewolf is between seventeen to eighteen years." His voice was calm, his eyes staring at me in pity, sadness and sympathy. He didn't seem surprised by the news instead he looked like he already knew that was going to be Celestial's answer.

"I am eighteen." I pointed out, wanting to hold onto the tiniest glimmer of hope that I saw only to find it void.

Xerxes shook his head. "You're eighteen and four months." He stated but whatever he meant by pointing that out flew right over my head. Seeing my confused stare, he explained, "If a person doesn't shift a month after they turned eighteen then they never can."

When his words registered in me, I swallowed hard. Does that mean, if we had mated earlier, I would have been able to shift? Regret washed over me in waves and I felt downtrodden, pathetic and sad.

As if sensing my inner conflicts, Xerxes held my chin and raised my head to meet his determined gaze. "It doesn't matter to me if you can shift or not. You are my mate, you are my love and you are the Luna Queen of our pack." His tone was filled with confidence and his eyes shone with sincerity.

Slowly, I nodded my head but I couldn't get rid of the 'what ifs' thoughts that plagued me.

"But if we had mated earlier..." I couldn't finish my sentence, I felt like crying. I had the chance right before me but I didn't grasp it and now I lost my chance.

"No." It was Celestial who answered. My head snapped at his direction. "You wouldn't have shifted either way."

Xerxes went stiff behind me, his front pressed on my back, his hand still over my arm. "What do you mean by that?" I whispered, my voice sounding weak.

Celestial shook his head as his right hand held his left hand's wrist. "Your fate is already written and you were never meant to shift, at least not in this lifetime." His words were hurtful but it was not his fault, he was stating what he knew and saw. "The amulet was there to protect you because of your predetermined fate. It vanished because it had served its purpose to you- to keep you safe until you're capable. Now, it has found a new purpose- to keep your pup safe."

"Pup?" Xerxes and I questioned in unison.

"Yes, she's bearing a pup." Celestial statement knocked the wind out of me. "One week, to be precise." He added.

*

Dazed, I walked into the bedroom, Xerxes close behind me. His hold over my waist was firm, no sign of letting go anytime soon. He led me to the bed and gestured at me to get on.

Mutely, I got on the bed and pushed a pillow against the headboard to lean on it. "I can't be pregnant." I was a child myself, I added mentally.

Moreover, it wasn't the right time. The situation in the pack wasn't stable even though it looked like that from the surface, it wasn't. The Revolutionist, the one behind the attack, the one behind my kidnapping were still not caught and on loose and behind us ready to attack when they get an opportunity.

Thinking about everything and through, I felt the headache creeping back.

"Why can't you be?" Xerxes tone was hard and his eyes narrowed. From the looks of it, he took my words in a different way than the way I meant it. "We've made love for an innumerable amount of---"

"I didn't mean it like that." I squeaked blushing furiously by his words. "I am just surprised and nervous." I mumbled, my eyes dropping to the covers.

"There is nothing to be nervous about, my love." Xerxes held my chin and brought my face close to his. His lips brushing over mine lightly. "You will be a great mother. We will do this together." His voice held a promise. He used my previous words back at me. His confidence in us making me believe his words and I nodded my head.

"Can I have a headache medicine?" My head hurts." I whispered pulling away.

Despite my hate for medicines, I needed one desperately  so I could get rid of this pounding headache once and for all.

"No." Xerxes replied making me confuse but he explained before I could ask him the reason. "You're pregnant, it might be dangerous." I had the urge to roll my eyes at his words but I refrained myself. "I have called the pack doctor again, she will be here to check you up. She will suggest what's good for you and the baby in this situation." His eyes drifted to my stomach briefly before they were on me.

"Again?" I asked confused.

"She came to check you once when you were unconscious." He replied.

"She didn't know I was pregnant then? She might have got the new smell or something..." I mumbled furrowing my brows staring down at the the covers. I thought pack doctors could sense the bearing of a child by a she wolf sooner than their mates could.

If she had caught onto my pregnancy then and informed us, we wouldn't have been so shocked when Celestial broke the news to us.

"It takes at least two weeks for the unborn pups to give out a scent and three weeks until their scent gets distinct and stronger. The pack doctors could sense and smell it after two weeks, so she couldn't possibly have known." He explained to me.

"Oh." Was my only reply.

I realized then how little I still knew about our own kind. I had so much learn but it felt like time was running out, slipping from the gaps of my fingers. The thought was unsettling and my mind instantly flashed with the images and scenes of my dream.

A shiver went down my spine when I was reminded of Xerxes getting stabbed, it felt too real. The emotions I felt at that moment surfacing back tugging at my heart painfully.

"Are you cold?" Xerxes came closer and pushed the covers up, till my chin.

Celestial had left for his pack shortly after breaking the news of my pregnancy to us but bot before mentioning that my bond with the pack members were linked, that would explain the excoriating pain I felt that day, and despite my inability to shift, I will have the strength and abilities of a wolf. I will be in a true sense be a Luna of this pack.

Ever since the pregnancy news, I noticed Xerxes was being a little too cautious and protective but I chose not to comment on it.

"I want to talk about our dream." I pushed the covers down and faced him.

His hands that grabbed the hem of the covers to put it back on me again froze mid way. "What about it?" He asked lowly, letting go of the covers.

"Is it true?" I asked quietly, biting my lip. When Xerxes didn't answer right away, I added, "Is it one of the moon goddess ways of warning us about our future? Will that really happen?" I asked fearfully.

Xerxes lifted his head, his eyes gleaming with uncertainty in them. "Maybe, maybe not."

"Wh---"

"I don't want you to worry about it, it's not good for you and our child." He reprimanded me.

If I was the only one who had that haunting dream then there was a possibility it was nothing too serious but we both had the same dream so it meant something, didn't it? So how was I not supposed to worry when his life was in danger along with the pack members? We have to do something about it. If the moon goddess warned us about it then that could possibly mean she wanted us to be prepared.

"How can I not worry?" I asked him in bewilderment. "We have to do something about it, the moon goddess warned us so we have to be prepared. We can change our future." I rambled on whatever came to my mind.

I thought hard and deep about my dream and tried to remember if there was anything important or suspicious that could help us in any way, perhaps identify who was behind all this.

"Meryl, it's not good---"

"The mark!" I exclaimed remembering the mark of the Royal I saw on the stabber.

Royal mark, did that mean one of Xerxes' brothers was-

When it dawned in me, I saw the hard look on Xerxes' eyes and his jaw were clenched. He knew, he knew who it was.

Roman, Zues, Nickolai and Armenes.

No matter what my relationships were with them, I would have never thought one of them would be behind this. They were brothers. One couldn't possibly think of killing their own brothers, could they?

Discarding such ill thoughts, I reprimanded myself. I shouldn't jump to conclusions like that, I shouldn't judge them so soon but Xerxes' reaction was saying a different story.

My hands held his and unclenched them, lacing my fingers with his. "The head of the white wolf, who does it belong to?" I asked, dreading to hear his answer but it was necessary for me to know.

At this moment, I didn't even know who to be suspicious about. I trusted Lisa and Thomas, everyone did but they turned out to be a part of the Revolutionist. I didn't know who to trust and who to not anymore.

"There are three white wolves in our family." Xerxes answered calmly.

It there were white wolves then that meant it would be one amongst them, I wasn't expecting whose name he would utter and whose name he would not. I didn't know what to expect anymore.

Xerxes' eyes were set on our joined hands as he uttered the names of his brothers who had white wolves and one amongst them who wanted to kill him.

"Roman, Zues and Armenes."

***

She's pregnant! That was the surprise.

We hit 50k, oh em ze!
Thank you so much, pretties.

And who do you think is the one behind this? Which brother?

Comment your theories, I love to hear them!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.1M 325K 49
BOOK 1 OF THE GIFT CHRONICLES ••• When the Moon Goddess created the first werewolves, she split one soul between the two of them, thus creating a per...
197K 5.3K 57
Book 4 in the Redemption Series. FINISHED! Will edit once I'm done procrastinating. **** "You will always be my possession, but you're not an object...
16.6K 379 17
"Darling." He smirked and eyed my lips. "Promises can be broken." "I don't break promises," I aimed to assure. "I know because I know you." He stretc...
747K 32.8K 79
Alphas did not have daughters. They never have. It just didn't happen. When an Alpha's mate gives birth to a baby girl, he refuses to recognize her...