The Boy Who Cared For My Brui...

By harmonlee

Love has lost meaning in Sky's lifetime. Her bruises never seem to go away. Her boyfriend is literally killin... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
part 4 and 5
part 6
part 7
part 8
part 9
part 10
part 11
part 12
part 13
part 14a
part 14b
part 15
part 16 (final part)
Epilogue <3

The Boy Who Cared For My Bruises and Scars <3

27K 439 39
By harmonlee

I walked through the unfamiliar halls of this new place I would roam everyday. It was a new sight, a new smell, a new feeling, and a new sound. A lot for my brain to take in as I saw everything going on in this school. I saw cheerleaders putting loads of make up on their already perfect looking faces, and guys checking them out while doing so. A group in the corner was reading books and looked to be doing homework, which I presume are the nerds. And the skater kids were outside, well, doing their thing. Those were just a few groups I saw in this hallway of cliques. Which one would I fit into? I'm not sure what I am. I'm not preppy, or too girly, not that smart, or like skateboarding, sports aren't really my thing, and I've never really been good at making friends. Where would I fall into place in here? This question haunted me, giving me the knot in my stomach I expected on the ride here. Dana, my mom drove me here for my first day, just making sure I would be okay. Because that's the kind of person she is.  

She's not really my mom. She adopted me when I was 7. My mother and father were alcoholics, and I was abused when I was a child. Dana was my neighbor at the time and knew something was going on. We became close, and later on she had permission to adopt me. So it was that way.  

I moved into her house when I was 7, and three months later moved about 2 hours away. It may have been a long drive from my old home, but it wasn't far enough. I could still feel their handprints on my arms from them dragging me to the closet to sit and do nothing for hours. They were always drinking, and always blaming everything on me. Dana gave my life a new start, a whole new perspective at life. She taught me how I was supposed to live my life. I learned how to be a normal child, what a closet was really for, and how a mother should treat her daughter. Over the years we've become very close, Dana became my best friend. I could tell her anything. Well almost anything. 

At my old school I moved to when I was 7, I met this boy. His name was Rob. He was a football player, and he was very popular in this school. The first day I came to this school, he noticed my right off the bat. His eyes stared me down and he just kept grinning at me. Soon he was approaching me, as his friends watched with big smiles on their faces.  

"And what is your name pretty thing?" he said with his hands in his pockets.  

"Sky," I said shyly. Not knowing any better than to talk to this boy. He looked okay. "Sky Penny." Rob introduced himself and then took me over to meet "the guys". I became very well known in his group. I was very popular in the school too. But I didn't have any good girl friends. They all talked to me, but I would only hang out with Rob and his 'guys'. I didn't know it wasn't normal. I just thought I was lucky to be hanging out with them. 

Soon middle school came around and Rob asked me to come to his birthday party. It was a friday night, and there were plenty of kids there. But he hung around me all night. I felt very special. He just made me feel good. Later in the night, he asked if he could talk to me. I agreed and we stepped away from the group of kids and went to his playground on the other side of the yard. We both sat on a swing and he looked right into my eyes. His eyes were dark green, piercing and bold. They were glistening on this night, and I loved it.  

"So Sky," he said in with his boyish cute smile. "I think we should start dating. Because I like you, a lot. Do you like me?" He looked at me, just waiting for me to say yes. I thought about it and looked around. Rob started to look impatient. I quickly answered after I saw the annoyance in his eyes. 

"Yes. I do."  

"Good. So now you're my girlfriend. I'm your boyfriend. Got it?" He said grinning now. I nodded. I didn't know what this really meant now. I had never had a boyfriend and hew as a pro at being one. What would we do? I didn't want to kiss him! That was too gross. This kid was starting to have facial hair. But I did like his eyes, and I did like the way he made me feel. So I wanted to make him feel the same way. So he was my boyfriend and I was his girlfriend. But Dana didn't know, and I wanted it to stay that way. I didn't want to talk about Rob, ever. I don't know why. I just felt it needed to be secret. But soon the secret was out.

I was in 8th grade. It was at a Halloween party. Rob was with all his friends, no one was wearing costumes, it wasn't cool. There was music, and dancing, and games. There were not parents. Just a bunch of 8th graders. Soon the kids gathered to play spin the bottle. I silently left the group to go get more punch, I wasn't kissing nobody! Then I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned quickly to see Rob in the dim light of the room. He had a huge smile on his face.  

"Why aren't you playing? It was going to land on you before you left!" he laughed. I giggled nervously, pretending to enjoy this conversation. But something inside of me was telling me something was going to happen. Rob grabbed my hand and pulled me to another room. He looked at me, then leaned in closer and closer to my virgin lips. I looked at him with wide eyes and was just trying to figure out what I should do. But I couldn't decide in time, because his lips were heavily placed on mine. He acted like he had done this a million times and seemed to move his lips naturally. I was unsure of what I was doing, still surprised by the fact he was trying to make out with me. His tongue slowly came out of his mouth, begging to get into mine. I opened my mouth, because if I didn't, I know he would get angry and wouldn't talk to me. Whenever I didn't give him a hug after school, he would ignore me until I said sorry. So I knew what to do and what not to do with him.  

He was exploring my mouth and it felt weird. I never got how people enjoyed this, it was so weird. Rob's hands were rubbing my arms gently. I just stood there, waiting for this to be over. He finally came out of my mouth and looked at me, please with the work he had done. Then he grabbed my hand and walked me back out to the group of people. They all saw us come out of the room together and made ooh and ah noises.  

"Did you get some Robby?" one of his friends yelled so everyone could hear. I could feel my face getting hot and I let go of Rob's hand to go get more punch. The rest of the party, people kept poking at me to find out what we did in there, I ignored them. 

From then on, whenever I saw Rob, he would kiss me for everyone to see. I didn't like it, but knew it was what he wanted. So I did it. But soon, he wanted more. 

"You should come spend the night tonight, my parents are gone," he whispered in my ear on a friday after school. I was a freshman and knew what he wanted. But I shook my head.  

"Sorry, Dana and I were going to go out for a night. Maybe another weekend." I said quietly. I knew he was going to ignore me for awhile. I looked at him. I thought I saw smoke coming out of his ears. He gripped my arm tightly, and whispered in a harsh tone this time. 

"You're coming over, or I will hurt you. I know where you sleep Sky." I gulped and nodded, telling him I would call him later. He then let go of my bruised arm and kissed my forehead.  

That night, I told Dana I was going to a sleepover with some girls from school. Another thing I had kept from her. I felt so guilty. But it was either that, or I the risk of me getting killed in my sleep. So I walked to Rob's house and he let me in. Right away he kissed me and led me to his room which I had seen many times. Never had I dreaded going into it more than now. He pushed me onto the bed, and starting stripping me and himself. That night, I lost my virginity. It was hard, because I knew that he didn't even love me. He just wanted that night for himself, it wasn't special, it was hurtful.  

Every time Rob's parents went out of town, he would tell me to come over. And I did. For fear of him hurting me. One weekend I told him that I was grounded and I couldn't go out of the house, he came to my house and Dana let him him. Dana knew him as my friend Rob, so it wasn't a surprise to see him there. He came in my room, then shut the door. I remember the way he pushed me to the wall, the way he hit me and slapped my face. I cried, but that didn't make him stop. Not until he heard Dana's footsteps did he stop. She came in and saw my tears, she told Rob it was time for him to leave. He did politely. Dana wrapped her arms around me and begged me to tell her what was going on. I told her he hit me. But that was all I said. Rob never came over anymore, but I knew better than to deny a trip to his house on 'those weekends'. He had been my boyfriend ever since. I was too scared to break up with him, because I knew he would probably kill me.  

So now, at this new school, I was hoping to get away from all of that. It was a new start. And I knew Dana just wanted that for me. That's why we moved in the first place. It's 2 hours away from my recent school, and 4 hours away from my parents. But still, it wasn't far enough. 

And as I saw the jocks formed in a huddle around a guy with shaggy, blonde hair and brown eyes, I walked the opposite way. For the fear of being around those kind of people. Thats what Rob was. The one that was in the middle, now with his eyes on me. And they followed me until I couldn't see them anymore. It scared me. So I walked away. Trying to contain all that was going on inside. But where, God please tell me, where would I fit in this school? 

I'm just a girl who was abused more than once. And had moved more than once. To get away from the life she once had. Where were the people like that? Well you can't see them. So I guess I shall try to be invisible.

KEEP READING! THERE WILL BE ROMANCE, AND SKY IS GOING TO GO THROUGH A LOT OF THINGS IN HER NEW SCHOOL!!! KEEP READING! THIS STORY WILL BE BETTER THAN MY OTHERS! :DD HAHA. VOTE AND BECOME FANS!! I'M EXCITED FOR THIS STORY! IT WILL GET BETTER! <3

Continue Reading