The Blessed Wolf's Rejection...

By shyloner2000

My name is Angel White. At 15, I found my mate. That wasn't supposed to happen for another 2 years. He didn't... More

Characters/Quick Facts
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10. Tyler's Flashback
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18

3

14.6K 442 184
By shyloner2000

3 Years Later

Jake's Pov

"Yo Jake come here", Eric called from across the cafeteria

"What's up Eric?", I ask

"I just wanted to know if you've found your mate yet."

"Not yet. Why?"

"Well you just turned 18 yesterday, so it's now been a year since you should've found her."

"Okay but you haven't found yours either and you'll be 18 in a couple months."

"That's my point. I feel like we're cursed man."

I look at him weirdly. Is he high?

"Why would you think that?"

He throws a quick glance to other kids around us and pulls me aside.

"Jake, you of all people should know why."

"I'm still lost here man. Just spit it out."

"M-maybe the Moon Goddess is punishing us for beating on your sis."

"Are you seriously considering that?"

"Yes!", he whisper yelled, "If I don't find my mate by 21, I'll have to wait until I'm 25 to take over the pack. And without my true Luna since I'll have to find a replacement."

"I thought that was just a rumor.."

"Nope. Dad sat me down and told me that's how things are. And my wolf is driving me insane bro."

"Well shit. Maybe we are cursed."

The bell rings and we part ways for class.

• • •

Getting home before my parents, I grab an apple and sit in front of the tv. I don't focus on the channel though, my head already spinning. Could what Eric said about being cursed be true? Probably! You beat our sister and now she might be dead! That's my wolf, Ren. Ever since I shifted two years ago, Ren has given me grief about Angel. Even after she ran away, that bitch still haunts my life. Our sister is not a bitch! YOU ARE! Until you realize how stupid you are, you won't be able to shift. Don't call on me. Bye bitch! Fuck my life.

These last three years have been pretty bumpy since Angel deserted. After Alpha Lambert ripped me and my parents a new one on my birthday, he told us to search for my sister. We searched (me halfheartedly) for 2-3 months up until we had a bad rogue attack. We hadn't had any major rogue sightings since our previous third-in-command, John, died about 13 years ago. But this was worse. We lost a fourth of our pack and had many casualties.

That first year, Alpha threw us into extra training, even if we couldn't shift yet. There were more rogue attacks, in small amounts, but we still kept losing members despite winning those battles. Now we are down to 2/3 of our original numbers (600's).

To have a better chance of survival, Alpha Lambert signed a treaty with two other packs to expand into our land a year and a half ago. They were the Blackwater Pack and the Blue Midnight pack. They each have more members than us too so when there are attacks, we help each other.

And things have gotten a bit better since then. Now I just hope Eric's theory about being cursed is just him being a worry wart. We'll find our mates soon. Right?

• • •

Eric's Pov

I'm pacing around my room when my mom calls me down for dinner. I go down and sit across from mom while dad sits at the head of the table. We eat silently until dad speaks up.

"I talked to the council today", he starts, "they've accepted our petition for help."

"What kind of help honey", mom asks

"Rogue help", dad says

"Wait", I say, "isn't that why we have a treaty with those two packs?"

"Yes and it has helped. But you need to look at the bigger problem Eric.."

"Which is what?", I interrupt

"That we need training. Our fighters are weak compared to those savage rogues and especially compared to the other packs. If they aren't around to help when a bigger attack comes, then we're dead."

"So are they sending people to train us?", mom asks

"Yes", dad replies, "They are sending their best warrior actually."

"They're sending the Lone Warrior here?!", I shout

Dad fixes me with a look but nods. The Lone Warrior popped up about two years ago and has since made a name for themselves as the wolf council's best and strongest warrior. Not many know their name, rank, or even gender. But they're not to be messed with.

"When will they be here?", I ask

"After winter break. There will be a pack meeting tomorrow night to let everyone know. And Eric?"

"Yeah dad?"

"Don't go all macho on him. I don't want him deciding to leave because you think you're top dog. They're coming to help. Understood?"

"Yes sir."

• • •

Parking my car, I quickly go looking for Jake. I want to tell him what dad told me yesterday. I find him at his locker and grab his shoulder, making him jump.

"Shit man, don't do that", he says

I just laugh and lean against the locker next to his.

"Dude you won't believe who's coming to our pack", I say excitedly

"Who?"

"The fucking Lone Warrior!", I whisper yell

"You're shitting me!", Jake gasps

"I kid you not bro. They're coming in four weeks."

"Wait, why?"

"Dad says the pack needs major training. If it wasn't for the treaty, we'd probably all be dead."

"He's right though. Our pack has gotten lazy. Guess we need the Warrior to whip us into shape."

We talk about some other things before heading to class. I bump into Jake's back as he freezes up.

"Jake? Why'd you stop?"

He doesn't move but whispers one word: "mate". Then he hurriedly starts running while sniffing the air. By the time I catch up to him, he's stopped again. Right in front of Jessica who's looking somewhat scared. Well shit.

Jake and Jessica had started dating two years ago. They'd lasted about 5 months until Jake caught her cheating on him. Turned out that Jessica had cheated on him multiple times. Bad fucking luck to get paired with your ex. Still think we're cursed though.

I shake Jake's shoulder and drag him to class. He's so rigid right now and has an unreadable look in his eye. This is gonna be a long day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 45.8K 44
||Highest ranking-29 in werewolf|| • Find the rewritten version on my profile, it's not complete yet but it's written better than this original• I g...
1.2M 30.2K 32
(Unedited) Rejection hurts. It can break many people apart. Slowly crushing their souls and silencing their wolfs forever. Unfortunately, that happe...
114K 6.9K 52
Book 2 in the Rootbridge Pack series. You DON'T need to have read book 1 in order to enjoy this. You'll find a plot summary for An Alpha's Alpha (Boo...
441K 13.9K 59
My wolf Flicker start roaming my head demanding to go towards our mate. And I did just that, I started looking for him. And my eyes stopped at a gro...