When Duty Calls (RWBY X WW2)

By ussamerica2018

When Weiss is Near completing a dust project for one of Team RWBY's assignments it all goes south when she ad... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Meeting the US Marine Corps
Chapter 2: Team JPNR meets General Patton
Chapter 3: Fighting a New enemy
Chapter 4: Patton Talks some sense into Jaune
Chapter 5: Team JPNR vs The Afrika Korps
Chapter 6: Getting a new life
Chapter 7: Team JNPR and RWBY Prepare for Battle
Chapter 8: Team RWBY invades Tarawa
Chapter 9: Things heat up at Beacon
Chapter 10: Team JNPR Invades Omaha Beach
Chapter 11: D-Day in the Pacific
Chapter 12: Team RWBY vs Tanks
Chapter 13: Finding Private Ryan
Chapter 14: The Roses Meet again
Chapter 15: Defending the town part 1
Chapter 17: A time of Rest
Chapter 18: Liberation of Paris
Chapter 19: Landing at Peleliu
Chapter 20: Memories from Training
A big announcement!!
Chapter 21: Taking the airfield

Chapter 16: Holding the Town Part 2

1.6K 22 21
By ussamerica2018

The sound of Machine gun fire can be heard from the returning bait crew from the rabbit coming back to the town.

"There's a lot of infantry captain not sure if they took the bait though." Private Reiben said as the rest of them stood up slightly so they were barely exposed from close up. They also had their weapons pointed at the kill box street. The squeaking sound of Panzer tracks could be heard in the distance coming closer. Then a Panzer Self-propelled gun stopped for a moment and then went pass the kill box street.

"Panzer's  didn't take the bait." Miller said as he looked up toward Jackson in the tower. "Infantry's moving to the left." 

"Half-track just went by with about 20 troops." Ryan said as Miller turned his attention back to the main street. Then a tiger tank almost passed the intersection when the commander looked down the road and decided to head down it approaching the kill box. Behind the tiger tank was about 20 or so men the was the tigers escort. Team JNPR was shocked when they saw the tiger tank coming there way as they knew it was a tough tank to knock out with a bazooka in training.

Then as soon as the tiger passed where the mines were Private Toynbe then triggered the switch and the mines exploded and killed most of the infantry behind the tiger. The both .30 Cal machine guns made quick work with the remaining German infantry that tried to get around the tiger but were killed.  

"Mellish, Henderson Displace!" Miller yelled as a airborne soldier tried to plant a sticky bomb on the side of the tiger but he accidently blew himself up. "You! Do it now! Light it up! You light it!" Then 2 other soldiers lit their sticky bombs. Miller then looked up at Jackson and looked at his hand signals. "30 infantry on the right flank! Get over there, find a hole, and stop them! Displace!" The tiger tank the turned its turret to try and kill the machine gun crew but it hit the building and Henderson, Mellish, and Upham ran to a close by building and set up the Machine gun there.

Team JNPR meanwhile was helping the rest of captain Miller's squad dealing with German infantry soldiers and Jaune with his BAR was a really big help as he was able to mow down most of them. The as soon as the tiger was close enough the airborne soldiers put their sticky bombs on the tigers suspension wheels and then took cover to avoid the explosion. The sticky bombs exploded and then the tracks of the tiger blew off and stopped the tiger in its tracks. Then team JNPR saw a self-propelled gun  coming up behind the tiger but the back end exploded when the other guys threw Molotov's into the back of it killing its crew.

Then a few airborne soldier got onto the tiger tank and the commander stuck his head and opened the hatch only to be shot in the face by a airborne soldier. Then 3 of them threw a grenade into the tiger killing the rest of its crew. Jaune was next to the tiger with his Bazooka out and ready.

"20mm!" one of the soldiers said and Jaune looked and saw German 20mm anti-personal canon being pointed at the soldiers. Jaune then put the bazooka's sights on the 20mm and then pulled the trigger and sent a rocket right at the cannon and blew it and its crew to pieces saving the lives of the soldiers on the tiger. The soldiers then got off the tank and then went back into cover and then more German soldiers came around the corner and started shooting at the Americans. 

"Fall back!" Miller said as he, Team JNPR and the rest of the soldiers fell back closer to the bridge. Then Pyrrha heard Mellish saying Upham from the building she was passing. She then saw Upham standing half-way up the stairs looking scared. Pyrrha then ran pass him up the stairs and saw that Henderson had been shot in the neck and Mellish was tangling with a German soldier who was trying to stab Mellish with a knife. Pyrrha then ran up to the German soldier and pulled him off Mellish and threw him into a wall. The German soldier hit the wall and didn't get back up.

"Thanks Pyrrha." Mellish said as Pyrrha pulled his to his feet. "Henderson didn't make it." Pyrrha then felt bad as Henderson was dead. Then The top of the Church exploded killing Jackson and the Machine gunner.

"We'll avenge his death later, we need to move." Pyrrha said. "Grab the .30 Cal and lets get out of here."

"Yes ma'am." Mellish said as he grabbed the Machine gun and followed Pyrrha down the stairs to where Upham was and then he soon followed them.

Meanwhile with the German back in the building...(funny bit)

"oh...I have not felt something like that in a while." The German soldier said as he then moved his head around and hearing his bones crack. "aaaahhhhhh." He then fainted onto the ground.

(Like this...Skip to 0:30 to 0:45)

Back to the Americans......

But as the 3 went closer to the bridge a group of German soldiers then came at the group from their left flank and had a Panzer tank coming over the debris. Then the Panzer burst into flames as a rocket hit the side of it and Nora was the one who shot it at the Panzer. Then Sergeant  Horvath then Joined the Group that was retreating as he had a injured leg from a German bullet, but he was just walking off the pain.

Jaune Meanwhile was with Miller and Ryan as they covered the ones that were falling back to the bridge, but they were running low on ammo.

"I'm out!" Miller yelled then Ryan looked at the 60 mortar rounds and had a idea.

"Those 60 rounds, we can use them with out the tube!" Ryan yelled as he grabbed a round.

"How?!" Miller asked.

"Set the arming wire, Heave it!" Ryan replied as he pulled the pin on the round and then used a metal square to hit the bomb of the mortar round and then gave it to Miller who then threw it at a German soldier which then blew up and killed him. Then Jaune picked up a 60 round and pulled the pin, primed it and then threw it at a group of Germans which then killed them. Then the 3 just started throwing the Mortar rounds like crazy at the Germans and ended up killing a few more of them. Then all of sudden a tiger Tank came up behind the three and they ran to the bridge in order to not get crushed under the tiger.

The Whole Group rushed back to the Bridge as planned but Nora and Sargent Horvath stopped about half-way across the Bridge to fire there Bazooka's at the approaching tiger tank. Horvath fired his rocket at the tiger only to have it bounce off harmlessly, but Nora aimed for the Tigers weak spot in the front of the tiger: the drivers view port. Nora fired her Rocket and hit the drivers view port and the tiger came to a stop but the turret of the tiger turned to where Jaune and Miller were with the trigger for the explosives and fired. The Blast Knocked both Miller and Jaune to the Ground. 

Pyrrha saw this and then rush over to the 2 to help them. She Dragged both Miller and Jaune into cover while risking getting shot by the Germans who were shooting at them. Then after she had dragged them into cover behind a wall of sand bags. Jaune regained his conscience and saw Pyrrha trying to say something to him but Jaune's ears were ringing from the shell the tiger fired. He looked to his left and saw Ren and Nora Helping back Sargent Horvath into cover and then he looked past them and saw a few of the other soldiers shooting back at the Germans. Jaune then saw the detonator a little ways up the bridge and he just knew he had to get it before the Germans got across.

Jaune then got up and walked to pick up the detonator but was then shot in his upper right leg and his left arm causing him to fall down next to a broken motorbike. Jaune sat up in this position and saw the tigers Turret to face Jaune, But Jaune got out his M1911 and just started shooting the tiger tank as a last resort. The bullets bounced off harmlessly against the frontal armor, but as soon as the tigers gun was pointed at him Jaune thought 'Well.... this is how I die, good bye everyone.' as a tear fell down to his cheek. Pyrrha saw the tigers gun pointed at Jaune and she watched wide eyed as she thought Jaune was gonna die.

But then the tiger exploded into a fiery mess as she heard a plane pass over and she looked up and saw P-51 Mustangs fly over dropping bombs on the Germans.

Jaune watched as the aircraft dropped bombs on the Germans forcing  them to retreat back to there lines as the fighters kept bombing them. Pyrrha then Ran up to Jaune as the Germans retreated.

"JAUNE! Are you okay!?" Pyrrha asked worried as she checked his wounds.

"I feel better now that your here." Jaune replied as he received a slap to the face from Pyrrha.

"Don't ever do something like that again." Pyrrha whispered in his ear as she hugged him. "Promise me that." Jaune knew what she was getting that and hugged back.

"Okay, I promise I won't." Jaune said to her as they separated. "But as soon as this is over, lets go on a date." Pyrrha then Blushed when Jaune said that to her.

"Y-yes, that would be a great idea." Pyrrha agreed. However the war was far from over and their finest moment was yet to come. They had saved Most of Millers squad and many of the Paratroopers and Private Ryan  was going home back to the US, But Team JNPR wasn't done yet.

=============================================================================

Okay done with this chapter it took me forever to think it through.

I hope you guys liked it!

Let me know your thoughts on it!

And stay tuned for more!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 68 36
The Story continued after Volume 1 after the Battle of Beacon Team RWBY split up across Remnant as Yang is trying to recover from her nightmare she h...
209K 3.4K 62
This story is discontinued ( I don't own rwby or any picture in this fanfiction)
161K 2.6K 28
What Happens when 4 US Marines from different conflicts are thrown together into a new world and they have to fight together to stay alive. by the wa...
19.3K 327 55
"Y/N, you lived your life in such a farce. Thinking you could clean up the mess of the blood you spilled. Of the blood stains before you. This new fa...