ON HOLD The perks of being a...

By UmmTameem786

In the name of Allah, the most gracious, the most merciful. With everything in life, there are enough ups an... More

Introduction; That's what they call it right?
Aliens have expressions; ya know?
Mr."Fish Lips"
When Plan A doesn't work..run!
Desi life lesson; worth a note
Girls can talk a lot; trust me!
White
Thowbian power is undeniable!
Love for your sister what you live for yourself
Author's Note!
A true perk of being a Hafiz
The knock
The voice from the corner of the room
Story time and Authors note!
The name that changes....
Liar
Yahya!!!
Ain't nobody wanna mess with me!
Someone liked Physics
Javed
Why not Yahya's POV?
It's all my fault
Sorry!
Mission possible (In sha Allah)
Superwoman!!
Get lost!
The truth
Broken
Hey, whats with the update?
Promised Present
The Silence that was loud
Paper
Hardship and ease?
Pasta!
Exams
Just an odd day in the life of Yahya
Dark Beauty
Forgive and try to forget
Termination
Good Morning!
Nabila
Pain does hurt....a lot
Allah swt is with you
Light
The time before everything changes
My star and hers
Rigidos!
Where?
In loss...in complete and utter loss
When things get a little awkward...
This is as serious as my notes get
A release before a release
Where did I go?

Who is'nt liking a little glitter?

1.5K 111 30
By UmmTameem786

Amatullah's POV

"Great idea! Subhanallah!!!!" She said squeezing my arm.

Despite what had happened yesterday, I brushed it past holding unto it from a string. It was hard to forget completely, for whatever reason Zahra was upset about, I don't know. All I know is who I shall be going to first when getting into the madrassah....Zahra. She has questions to answer and so did I.

I entered the car with my mom

"Assalamualaykum mom!" I said in full energy.

"Hi Amatuallah" she responded.

"How are you?"

"Fine just tired. How was school?"

"Great. How are you?"

"Oh fine"

"How are you?"

"I said I am fine"

Half a minute passed of silence.

"How are you?"

"Fine"

"How are you?"

"Amatuallah stop it!"

"Lolz mom!" I said laughing.

The journey consisted of us talking about nothing and so when we reached home, I fled upstairs and ripped myself of my uniform and leaped along the stairs to attend to my Quran.

I was excited as always and so foolishly remembered to go to the most beautiful of ablutions; wudhu.

As I went to do wudhu I had discovered the most painful of things. I don't think detail is necessary but let's just say, I had to keep my distance from my Quran.

I was gutted and already felt moods wings coming there way.

Despite this dilemma, I still attended the masjid and joined my friends to study other fields of Islam such as fiq, Seerah/Tahreekh, Hadith and so there wasn't an excuse for me to miss a day.

"Amatullah" I heard a voice behind me as I made my way to the kitchen to comfort eat.

I turned around to see the brother. Yes. The brother. My only brother. The geek.

Little time did he spend with me being a University student yet when he came out of his room, it became a miracle.

"Subhanallah! Allah hu Akbar! Out of the room" I said.

"Haha. You know your jokes get worse and worse you know" he replied smirking.

He possessed an innocent face, so his smirk just looked odd. He was fair skinned like me yet possessed much lighter brown eyes than mine would ever be. His hair was very short, seeing as he got a one length hair trim so that he could grow it out the halal way.

He was changing alhmdulilah, and it made me happy yet it was a slow one, with university of course.

"My jokes getting worser, bro your eye bags are so deep that I can make a swimming pool out of them" I said.

"That was worse than what you said before. And I don't even have eyebags and you know that" he replied straight faced but it wasn't long until he started to smile.

He had a disease, a lot like mine, where we ended up smiling at everything......I mean everything. Not normal I know, but hey! It's a sunnah!

He walked closer to me and gave me a.....hug.

That wasn't normal of him to do, and as surprised as I was a squeeled.

"Bro what on earth are you doing?"

He let go and smiled.

"It's called showing a sign of affection."

"And why do you decide to show it after 16 years of my existence?" Now he was grinning.

"Just gotta say YouTube can influence you in ways you can never imagine." He said and walked into the kitchen devouring at the food.

It was time to set off to the masjid and it seemed my brother, wanted to tag along.

"Rahim (yes, yes that is my brothers name) chaloooooooooooo" I screamed.

"Amatuallah! Stop shouting" my mom screamed from the kitchen.

"Sorry ummi" I screamed.

"What am I going to do with you?" She screamed back.

I let out a small smile and down came Rahim, fitted up in black shiny thowb with cool white design at the shoulders.

"Bro it's not your wedding" I said at him

"Bro not is it yours"

He stared at my abaya that was jewelled up at the wrist area.

"Ya Allah! Rahim! Leave me alone" I moaned.

He turned to the mirror and admired himself.

"Don't I look like a fitnah" he said stroking his stubble that looked like it was forming into a beard.

"A fitnah?"

"Yeah I fitnah. I think I should cover up before I end up causing curroption to people"

I laughed manically.

"You still look like a swollen donkey to me." I said patting his arm.

From here, we walked up to the masjid. At this time, it was reaching maghrib. The sky was a beautiful orange colour and the light was warm. I leaned unto Rahim when we were travelling up the hill out of exhaustion when an old man walked pass and gave us a look of disproval.

"What was that?" Rahim said looking at me.

"I don't know"

"Seriously I wish people will stop being so judgemental really. He might have got the wrong end of the stick there"

"Yeah....as weird as it sounds, wise words bro" I smiled at him and we carried on walking to the masjid.

As we reached the masjid, we intended to part our separate ways yet it seems we had company.

A tall, medium built guy walked towards both of us. I lowered my gaze and all I saw was a flapping black abaya.....why not white?

"Assalam u alaykum wa rehmatullahee wa barakatoo" his voice was soft but heavy nonetheless soft that made it settle into my ears.

Rahim and I replied in unison.

"Urm sorry for coming up to you like this but because you were with your brother I thought it may have been more convenient"

I stared at Rahim blankly and continued to lower my gaze.

"I am very sorry ya ukhti, if I had caused you any damage, I mean more of my brother to be honest, and If he had done something wrong that had effected you, please forgive him on behalf of my presence."

"Is your brother Khilal?" Rahim burst out.

"Yes brother Yahya. I am so sorry to you also"

"I have forgiven him many years ago. The mercy of Allah is more precious to me than his stupidity; I put that aside"

"Jizakallahukhayrun so much Yahya"

"And yes ukhti, I am deeply sorry if you can forgive your brother in Islam?"

Ok what was I supposed to forgive him for.......hif behaviour yesterday?

I wanted to forget it and I don't know if I also forgived. The man was pleading and what can surely be more important than the mercy of Allah?

"Na'am Akhi" I replied.

"Jizakallahukhayrun so much my sister really. Sorry if this was awkward and stuff" he slightly giggled which made me smile.

"Like of course it was for me too like I had to have the guys to come up to you..."

"I think you have addressed what you need to address Akhi." My Rahim said sternly.

"Sorry" he said innocently.

"What is you name?"

He hesitated a bit "Javed"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44K 3.5K 45
Meet Shazray. Shazray is a cute, sweet and most importantly kind girl. She is a girl who doesn't talk much to boys. Shazray has feelings for that one...
21.5K 1.7K 12
Assalamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullah Wa Barakatuhu! May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah swt be upon you! This is a book filled with random chapter...
21.1K 5 5
Greetings Your Majesty. Have I a story for you? This is the heart-warming tale of the world-renowned Muhammad Hussein. Yes. We all cherish his story...
2.1K 83 8
A TALE OF ACCEPTANCE OF IMPERFECTIONS. ______________________________________ She loved him but not anymore. He never loved her but he is falling for...