changing our colors || chaeli...

By longdalilisaa

Lalisa Manoban was a young award winning chef with no life outside of work when she realized she needed a cha... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five || end

twenty-nine

3.3K 129 13
By longdalilisaa

Jennie sat down at Noonan's a few minutes early for her Sunday sister time with Lisa.  Her phone vibrated and she wondered if it was Lisa before seeing that it was a text from Jisoo.  She had only left Jisoo a few minutes ago at her place.  She opened the text to see it was just a heart emoji.  She smiled softly.

"What are you smiling about?" Lisa asked, startling Jennie.

"It's just a text from Jisoo," Jennie said, "I already ordered for us."

"Great," Lisa said, sitting down, "So how was the big weekend?"

"It was perfect," Jennie said, "And I've got some news.  Jisoo and I are going to start looking for a place to move in together."

"Jennie, that's great!" Lisa said, "I figured you guys were headed in that direction.  Where are you guys going to go?"

"Well, we decided to stay in my neighborhood," Jennie said, "It's a little bit farther from work for Jisoo but still not a bad commute at all.  And honestly we are both more comfortable in the gayer part of town."

"You know, I'm thinking that when I'm ready to open up my next place I want to be in that area," Lisa said, "Something way less formal than Gureum.  Maybe like a smaller, funky neighborhood kind of diner."

"That sounds great," Jennie said, "I didn't know you were already planning for a second place."

"Well, I'm not quite ready yet," Lisa said, "It's just more of an idea swimming around in my head.  And, speaking of ideas, I'm a little stressed about Christmas with Chaeyoung."

"Why?" Jennie asked.

"I mean, what am I supposed to get her?" Lisa said, "She's got everything a person could ever need and money to buy anything she could ever want.  I've been racking my brain and I just don't know what to get."

"Lisa, what does she love more than anything?" Jennie asked.

"I don't know," Lisa whined.

"You, you idiot," Jennie said, laughing, "What she wants is you.  Why don't you plan to take a long weekend off of work and take her somewhere.  Put the plans together in a cute little package. Talk to Jisoo to figure out her work schedule and book a place.  Give her a long weekend of you.  The place we just went was perfect - there are a bunch of places right along the coast."

"That's a really good idea, actually," Lisa said.

"You don't have to sound so surprised," Jennie said laughing, "I'm pretty good at this kind of stuff."

"So what are you getting Jisoo?" Lisa asked.

"We talked about Christmas this weekend and agreed we are not doing any big gifts," Jennie said, "We just gave each other really nice presents this weekend and we would rather spend money on apartment stuff.  Really, finding the apartment together is our big gift to one another."

"That makes sense," Lisa said, "How did she like the necklace?"

"She loved it and she gave me some beautiful earrings," Jennie said, smirking "I'm not sure she loved the necklace as much as the incredible vacation sex, though."

"TMI, Jennie," Lisa said, laughing.

"I'm just saying, if it's Chaeyoung's Christmas present you better bring out the big guns," Jennie said grinning.

"My guns are just fine," Lisa said, giggling, "We don't need any help in that department, but I am going to take your advice on the trip.  That's a perfect gift."

•••

Chaeyoung walked into the small Mediterranean café to find Lisa waiting for her for lunch on Monday.  She loved how Lisa's face lit up in a huge smile when she saw Chaeyoung.  She walked over and gave her a quick kiss before sitting down.

"Hey babe," Lisa said, and Chaeyoung's heartbeat picked up a bit just from hearing the term of endearment.

"Hello, my love," Chaeyoung said, "how are you?"

"I'm starving," Lisa said, laughing, "Last night was crazier than usual at the restaurant and we closed really late.  I didn't get a good dinner and then I slept in this morning."

"We can order as soon as the waiter comes by," Chaeyoung said, "We come here enough. I know what I want."

The waiter came by and they placed their order.

"So Jisoo told you about her and Jennie?" Lisa asked, knowing that Jisoo definitely would have told Lena by now.

"Are you kidding?" Chaeyoung said smiling, "She practically tackled me she was so excited.  I'm really happy for them."

"Me too," Lisa said, "And it sounds like their weekend was great all around."

"Yeah, I got a little more information than I needed about that," Chaeyoung said shaking her head and smiling.

"Don't you start," Lisa said, "Jennie tried to tell me all about it but I really don't want to hear about my sister's sex life."

"Well, I'll just say this," Chaeyoung said grinning, "Your sister is pretty impressive.  It takes a lot to surprise Jisoo in the bedroom."

"Oh god, Chaeng, enough," Lisa said laughing, "Let's change the subject.  Are you good for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day?"

"Yep, I'm good to go," Chaeyoung said, "You're able to do both?  I didn't know if you would get Christmas Eve free too."

"I am," Lisa said.

"Great, I'm really excited," Chaeyoung said, "Tell me how this all works in your family.  After Thanksgiving I feel a little better but I'm still kind of nervous about the whole thing."

The food arrived and they both took a few bites before continuing.

"There's nothing to be nervous about," Lisa said, "My family adores you.  I swear every time I talk to my mom her first question is how you are doing."

"Lisa, have you noticed that you are regularly calling Minzy "Mom" now?" Chaeyoung asked, "You even just referred to her that way.  It's sweet."

"I don't know exactly how that happened," Lisa said, "But I kind of think it's way overdue.  Maybe it's taken me moving back and being with my family regularly again to really appreciate how special it is.  Calling her mom just seems natural now.  I'm so incredibly lucky to have been raised by them.  I can't even imagine how my life would be different if they hadn't saved me."

"Do you think about having children?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Yes, I do," Lisa answered a bit nervously.  They hadn't ever talked about having a family before, "Do you?"

"I do, but it kind of terrifies me to be honest," Chaeyoung answered, "I don't have any reference for being a good mother."

"Chaeng, you are going to be a great mother," Lisa said tenderly as she reached across the table and held her hand, "You are so loving and just so innately good.  You don't need a reference – you're going to be great."

"If all else fails I can always just think about what CL would do and then do the opposite," Chaeyoung said, laughing softly.

"Seriously, Chaeyoung, if you trust your instincts you will be a great mom," Lisa said smiling.

"I hope so," Chaeyoung said, sighing, "So, back to Christmas.  What do I need to know?"

"Well, we each get one gift from Minzy and Daesung on Christmas Eve but we don't give them anything back," Lisa said, "I have no idea why.  We tried to fight them on that a couple of years ago but it went nowhere.  Honestly, I think it's just to drag out the gift giving because they love it so much.  Then I make hot chocolate for everyone and we watch 'Elf' then we go to bed."

"You guys are big on the holiday movies," Chaeyoung said, eyebrow raised and shaking her head.

"I love 'Elf'," Lisa protested.

"I'm fine with it," Chaeyoung laughed, "I just think it's kind of funny."

"Then Christmas morning we open up our stockings, which are pretty much full of candy – again, I'm not sure why – then we exchange our gifts with one another," Lisa said.

"So are we going to give each other our gifts in front of everyone?" Chaeyoung asked.

"I guess we can decide that ourselves," Lisa said, "what do you think?"

"I think we can exchange one gift with the whole family but maybe we can have a little something private after we watch the movie," Chaeyoung said.

"Oh, I was definitely planning for something private again," Lisa said, grinning.

"That is not what I meant!" Chaeyoung said, laughing, "I guess I just want to have some part of Christmas that is just for us."

"I completely get it," Lisa said, "I love my family but I would really love some time just to be with you, too.  I'll figure something out."

"I'll leave it to you, then," Chaeyoung said.

They chatted as they finished up their lunch then walked outside.  It was a beautiful, sunny day even if it was a little bit chilly.

"What do you want to do with our afternoon?" Lisa asked.

"Do you mind if we head over to visit with Joyce for a little bit?" Chaeyoung asked, "She called and said a book came in that I've been waiting for and she's always asking about you."

"Of course," Lisa answered, "Let's just walk.  It's such a nice day."

They turned and started walking hand in hand to the book shop.  About 20 minutes later they arrived.  They were both a bit chilly from the walk.  Chaeyoung pushed the buzzer.  It took a couple of minutes before Joyce answered the door.  Chaeyoung and Lisa both noticed that she looked a bit more frail than usual but her face lit up with a big smile when she saw who was visiting.

"Well, hello ladies," Joyce said, "What a glorious surprise.  Come in, look at your cheeks all red from the cold.  Chaeyoung, go put a pot of water on.  I'd have had it waiting if I knew you were coming."

"I wasn't sure of our plans, Joyce," Chaeyoung said, walking into the back.

Joyce grabbed Lisa's hand and led her into the sitting room.  Lisa smiled and followed her as she walked slowly to the back.  She looked so genuinely happy to see them that it warmed Lisa's heart.  She understood why Chaeyoung had formed a special relationship with Joyce.

"So, my lovely girl," Joyce said as she sat, "How have you been?"

"I've been great," Lisa said, "really busy with the restaurant and stuff."

"Chaeyoung told me all about your sister," Joyce said, "I'm sorry she was hurt but what a hero.  And you, too, taking care of her with your family."

"Yes, that was all really scary but she is doing great now," Lisa answered, "And Chaeyoung really helped out so much, too."

Chaeyoung was walking back into the room to sit and wait for the teapot to whistle. She sat down on the small sofa next to Joyce.

"Of course she helped," Joyce answered Lisa, "this lass is head over heels for you."

"Oh my, Joyce, really?" Chaeyoung said shaking her head.  Lisa was smiling widely.

"What, is it some sort of secret?" Joyce asked, "Life is way too short for that.  I tell you what, I'd give up every one of my tomorrows for just one more day with my Henry.  We only had 23 years together before he passed.  I thought we'd have 50 or more.  When you love somebody you tell them and you show them and you enjoy every single second of them.  Listen to this old woman, because I'm telling you the truth."

"Ok, fine Joyce, you're right," Chaeyoung said, "I am head over heels in love with Lisa, it's no secret."

The teapot began whistling and Joyce started to get up slowly.

"Joyce, let me and Chaeyoung do it, please," Lisa said as she stood.

"I'm not going to object," Joyce said, sitting back down.

Chaeyoung and Lisa fixed the teas and brought them back into the room.

"So, did the books get here?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Oh, yes, I almost forgot," Joyce said, pointing to a table across the room.  Chaeyoung got up and walked over and grabbed a couple of books and brought them back to where they were sitting.

"Um, is it ok if I show you what I was thinking of giving Minzy and Daesung?" Chaeyoung asked Lisa, "I don't want to break any rules or anything."

"It's Christmas, Chaeng," Lisa answered laughing, "It doesn't have a strict set of rules."

"You clearly didn't grow up in my household," Chaeyoung said, "Everything had rules."

"Well, get used to something new," Lisa said, "Christmas is fun and full of love and happiness and candy and hot chocolate and all that is good in the world."

"I see why you are perfect for this girl," Joyce said smiling, "You two make me happy."

Chaeyoung put the books on the table in front of Lisa.

"I was thinking of this for Daesung," Chaeyoung said.

Lisa picked up the book.  Gerard's Herball.  She opened it and looked at the date.  It was from 1633.  She very carefully turned the pages.  The book was by a London apothecary describing all the botanical knowledge of the day.

"Chaeng, he is going to go crazy over this," Lisa said, "This is amazing."

"And this for Minzy?" Chaeyoung said, "Look inside, there's a handwritten note."

Lisa picked up the book.  Madame Curie.  It was a first edition from 1938 written by Eve Curie, Madame Curie's daughter.  Inside was an inscription to the publisher – To Nelson, whose confidence in this book has been my first, my best encouragement.

"Wow, Chaeyoung this is incredible too," Lisa said, "Minzy's gonna flip."

"Is it too much?" Chaeyoung asked, "Or is it ok?  I want it to be special."

"Oh, it's way too much.  My gifts really suck in comparison now," Lisa said laughing, than she saw that Chaeyoung was serious.

"Chaeyoung, it's perfect," Lisa said leaning over to give her a quick kiss for support, "They know you own this place so they'll get it.  Really, your choices are just perfect."

"I told her the same," Joyce said, "She worries too much."

"Joyce, you are still spending Christmas with Judith, right?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Yes, and her family," Joyce said, "I'm looking forward to it, except for that one awful grandson of hers."

Chaeyoung laughed, "Joyce, he can't be that bad."

"Should have named that one Lucifer," Joyce said, taking a sip of her tea.  Chaeyoung and Lisa both laughed loudly.

The women spent the next hour together chatting and relaxing.  Chaeyoung and Lisa cleaned up from the tea then Chaeyoung carefully wrapped the books in cloth before wrapping them again in thick brown paper.  After they were bound she carefully placed each book in its own wooden box.  They all exchanged hugs as Lisa and Chaeyoung left.  They promised to visit during the holidays for their own Christmas gift exchange.

"Got anything else in mind?" Lisa asked.

"Let's hop in a cab or get an Uber.  I want to bring these to my place and drop them off before we do anything else," Chaeyoung said, "I don't want to lug these around."

"I can think of something we could do at your place," Lisa said pulling Chaeyoung close and kissing her softly.

Chaeyoung pulled back and looked at her phone grinning, "The Uber is only two minutes away, thank God.  Suddenly I feel the need to get to the apartment very quickly."

A/N:
i'm baaaaaack :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

322K 11.9K 32
She was unemployed, had a dream she thought she was never going to be able to fulfil, and a fiancé that she was going to tie the knot with in a years...
62.2K 1.1K 16
Jennie Kim, 27 years old, and a successful CEO of her company finally takes a day off after months of non stop work. When she walked into the cafe th...
805K 14.6K 43
Choi Lalisa Manoban is the CEO of MN company , she is 25 years old , she is a very rich person who from Manoban's family who is very famous in the wo...
54K 1.8K 42
Chaeyoung's father is put on life support, and becoming Lisa Manoban's girlfriend is her last chance at paying his bills. It was supposed to be about...