changing our colors || chaeli...

By longdalilisaa

Lalisa Manoban was a young award winning chef with no life outside of work when she realized she needed a cha... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five || end

twelve

5.4K 223 60
By longdalilisaa

Chaeyoung spent the next two days finding herself lost in thought more times than she cared to count. She couldn't get Lisa out of her head. She kept wondering what would have happened if she had the nerve to kiss her behind the bar Monday night. In that moment it really felt like Lisa was interested in her too but she couldn't be sure. She was lost in that moment again when she heard a quick knock on her office door and Jisoo came strolling in with a big smile on her face.

"I just got a bouquet of flowers delivered to my office," Jisoo said in a sing song voice.

"Is there an occasion?" Chaeyoung asked, "Because I feel pretty confident Jisoo is getting laid as much as she wants without the flowers."

Jisoo laughed, "Actually it's one month since our first date, which I didn't even realize until I read the card."

"So are you going to do something for Jennie now?" Chaeyoung asked.

"I'm going to stop on the way home and buy some new lingerie," Jisoo said, "I don't think you really want to hear the rest of what I'm going to do."

"Why, why did I ask?" Chaeyoung said laughing. She looked over to her phone which was buzzing from a text. She could feel her face blush as she read the message.

"Can I please have one guess who that is from?" Jisoo said.

"Oh, shut up," Chaeyoung answered.

"Come on, I know it's Lisa," Jisoo said, "you looked so thirsty for her Monday night."

"Do you think she noticed?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Did you notice how she was looking at you?" Jisoo asked.

"No, she wasn't," Chaeyoung said, "Well maybe one time I thought she might be."

"You two are seriously hopeless," Jisoo said, "Come on, what does the text say?"

Chaeyoung laughed as she showed Jisoo the text.

Lisa: Are you available this Monday?

"She is totally calling you on your Monday bullshit," Jisoo said, "that's hilarious."

"Well, for your information, I told Joy not to schedule anything for Mondays in the future so it is no longer a lie," Chaeyoung said.

"So, she's asking you out," Jisoo said, "hurry up and answer. She's probably dying somewhere waiting for your reply."

"She's not necessarily asking me out on a date or anything," Chaeyoung said typing.

Chaeyoung: I'm free after 11:30 for the rest of the day

"Look, three dots, she's answering already," Jisoo said, "I told you she was waiting for you."

Chaeyoung laughed at Jisoo's giddiness.

Lisa: Do you want to go to Gyeonggi-do with me? I haven't been there since I've been back. Just want to explore a bit.

Chaeyoung: Sure, do you want me to drive?

Lisa: Probably best, I hardly ever drive and I might terrify you LOL

Chaeyoung: (laughing emoji) see you then

Jisoo read along with the text string.

"My goodness, Park Chaeyoung replying to text messages, let alone using an emoji," Jisoo said, "you've got it bad."

"I use emojis with you sometimes," Chaeyoung said.

"Only since they created the middle finger emoji," Jisoo answered, laughing.

"So, I wonder what's to do in Gyeonggi-do," Chaeyoung said, "I've only passed through there."

"There is pretty much just a few blocks of main street with some shops and cafes," Jisoo said, "It's a quaint strip of a town."

"Sounds like a fun little day trip," Chaeyoung said.

"I'm sure it will be," Jisoo answered, grinning, "Ok, I'm going back to work because I am definitely getting out of here before it's too late today."

"Have fun tonight," Chaeyoung said, "And I don't need to hear anything about it."

•••

Jisoo texted Jennie to thank her for the flowers. She also gave her instructions to come to her apartment for dinner at 8:00. Jisoo left work a little early. She gave herself time to stop at a high end lingerie shop and buy something for the night. She also stopped and bought some new candles. When she got back to the apartment she ordered dinner and when it arrived she placed it in the oven to stay warm. She jumped in the shower and when she was done she blew her hair dry and left it a little bit more tussled than usual. She rubbed lotion all over her arms and legs until she was satisfied that her skin was soft and smelled sexy for Jennie. She applied just a touch of makeup, mostly going for a natural look. Finally she put on the deep green thong and camisole she purchased and a pair of black heels. When she looked in the mirror she was pretty pleased with herself.

It was nearly 8:00 when she got a text from Jennie that she was on the way. Jisoo replied for Jennie rayon l pp lol m. m  to just let herself in when she got there. Jisoo lit the candles that she bought earlier and turned off all of the lights. She sat down on the end of the table and waited for Jennie to arrive. She was beginning to wonder if she had gone too far over the top when she heard footsteps outside the door. She decided it was too late to change her mind now so she just crossed her legs and leaned back on her elbows and waited. When she saw the look on Jennie's face as she walked into the apartment she knew she had done just fine. They were definitely going to need to clean the table before dinner.

•••

Chaeyoung felt like it had taken forever for Monday to arrive. She was really looking forward to spending time with Lisa again even if she wasn't sure exactly what was happening between the two of them. Jisoo had instructed her to dress casually. Chaeyoung tucked her black tshirt into her black fitted jeans and put a rust colored cropped jacket on over her shirt. She grabbed her purse and texted Lisa that she was on the way. When she arrived a few minutes later Lisa stepped out of her building and hopped into the car.

"Hey, there," Lisa said with a big smile, "thanks for driving today."

"It's no problem," Chaeyoung said, "I'm happy to drive. I prefer it actually, regardless of your driving skills." Chaeyoung pulled out and headed toward the highway.

"So, what you're saying is that you're a bit of a control freak?" Lisa asked, giggling.

"Jisoo would tell you that was the understatement of the century," Chaeyoung said, "and I would have to admit that she was kind of correct."

"Well, it works for me," Lisa said, "I prefer to just ride. Can I Bluetooth my phone and control the music though?"

"As long as you don't play country music," Chaeyoung said.

"What do you have against country music?" Lisa asked.

"Were you going to play country music?" Chaeyoung asked.

"No," Lisa said, laughing, "I don't really like it either, I just wanted to give you a hard time." Lisa put on a playlist and dropped her phone into the cup holder. The first song to come up was Justin Timberlake's Sexy Back. Lisa did a little dance with her shoulders and Chaeyoung laughed loudly. They settled in for the ride and chatted comfortably until they were just outside of Seoul.

"So, where to?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Let's just find a place to park and we can walk around and find a lunch spot," Lisa said, "the whole downtown is only a few blocks."

They parked and walked along a couple of blocks until they found the diner that Lisa remembered from when she was a kid.

"I can't believe this is still here," Lisa said excitedly as they walked in. Chaeyoung wasn't a big fan of diners but she was smiling widely at Lisa's giddiness. They sat in a booth and the waitress came up quickly with some menus.

"I love diner food," Lisa said, "It's my guilty pleasure. Nothing like a good cheeseburger with fries and a milkshake." She paused for a moment then laughed, "I guess I just brought you to food hell."

"Not true," Chaeyoung said, "I don't mind a good diner. I'm just averse to fast food. Don't ask me to go there."

When the waitress arrived they both ordered. Chaeyoung ordered a waffle and Lisa's face lit up.

"You can have a bite," Chaeyoung said.

"Oh, I'm taking a bite," Lisa said. The food arrived quickly. Lisa took a French fry and dipped it into her chocolate shake and ate it. She looked up at Chaeyoung who couldn't hide the look of disgust on her face. Both of them started laughing.

"You never did that as a kid?" Lisa asked.

"No, I used ketchup like a normal person," Chaeyoung answered.

"Honestly," Lisa said, "the memory was better than the bite."

They talked more about their childhood food memories as they enjoyed their lunch. When they were done they walked down the street stopping and perusing their way through the little shops. Lisa bought some local jam at one of the stores and Chaeyoung bought a bracelet made by an artist there. After a couple of hours they had visited just about every shop. Lisa's phone buzzed and she looked at the message.

"That's Minzy," Lisa said, "she wants to meet us at her favorite coffee shop."

"Ok, lead the way," Chaeyoung said, trying to sound casual even as she felt a bit nervous. She was very thankful that Jisoo had already met the woman and given her rave reviews. She couldn't imagine how awful it would be if anyone had to have coffee with her own mother.

"We actually need to drive," Lisa said, "It's one of the few places off the beaten path. It's near the house."

The ride was less than 10 minutes. The little shop was inside a white cottage with a wrap around porch. A large live oak tree shaded the parking area.

"This is the definition of quaint," Chaeyoung said as they pulled up.

"I've never been here," Lisa said, "It sure is a cute place."

They walked into the shop and Lisa spotted Minzy immediately. She walked over and they embraced in a warm hug.

"Minzy, this is Chaeyoung," Lisa said.

Minzy pulled Chaeyoung in for a quick hug as well. Chaeyoung wasn't expecting it but she managed to pull it off without being too clumsy.

"I'm so happy to meet you," Minzy said, "I've heard all about you from your friend, Jisoo, and from this one." Minzy motioned her head toward Lisa.

"It's great to meet you too, Minzy," Chaeyoung answered.

"Do you want to look at a menu?" Lisa asked.

"Oh, no," Chaeyoung said, "I just drink coffee black."

Lisa looked at Chaeyoung like she had just spoken blasphemy then she laughed, "I'll just place your order for you then." Lisa walked over to the counter leaving Chaeyoung alone with Minzy.

"Have you guys enjoyed your day here?" Minzy asked.

"Yes, it's been great," Chaeyoung answered. She went on to describe their lunch and shopping. Minzy laughed heartily about the French fry and the milkshake. Lisa was watching as she waited for their coffees to be prepared. She smiled as she watched the two women chatting and laughing. She found herself smiling every time Chaeyoung laughed. The barista called her name and Lisa brought the coffees back to the table.

"Ok, so I want the scoop on your sister and Jisoo," Minzy said when Lisa sat down.

"That's not awkward at all," Lisa said sarcastically, "Jisoo is Chaeyoung's best friend."

"You know Jennie is not going to tell me anything," Minzy said, "You must be able to give me just a little, tiny bit of information."

Lisa rolled her eyes at Minzy dramatically.

Chaeyoung just laughed at their interaction. She could see quickly why Jisoo had felt so comfortable with the family. Minzy's relationship with Lisa was adorable.

"I'm fine giving you some scoop," Chaeyoung said and Minzy stuck her tongue out at Lisa playfully.

"I can't believe you're encouraging her," Lisa said.

"I was just going to say that they make a great couple," Chaeyoung said, "Jennie really makes Jisoo happy."

Minzy beamed.

"Ok, for what it's worth," Lisa added, "Jisoo makes Jennie really happy, too. They are pretty serious for just having dated a little while."

"Well, that's a perfect answer," Minzy said looking at Lisa, "you know all I want is for my girls to be happy."

They spent the next hour chatting. Minzy and Chaeyoung got into a long conversation about science and research and Lisa was happy just listening to them getting along so well. Eventually, they finished up their first coffees and their refills.

"I think it's probably time for us to start heading back, Minzy," Lisa said.

"I'm just so glad you gals found time to visit with me today," Minzy said genuinely. She pulled both of them into big hugs before they parted.

When they got back to the car Chaeyoung looked toward Lisa, "You ready to head back?"

Lisa sat silently for a few moments before answering softly, "Chaeyoung, I know this is kind of morose, but do you think we could pass by my parent's grave before we go back. You don't need to get out or anything. I'd just like to leave some flowers. There was a florist on the main street."

Chaeyoung instinctively put her hand on Lisa's shoulder, "Of course, Lisa."

They drove quietly to the florist and Lisa jumped out and bought some flowers. When she got back into the car she told Chaeyoung which way to go. Other than Lisa giving directions they just rode quietly. When they arrived at the grave site Lisa got out and walked over to her parent's tombstone.

Chaeyoung watched as Lisa gently placed the flowers up against the tombstone. Chaeyoung felt like her heart was breaking. She wasn't sure what she should do. Lisa stood by the grave for a couple of minutes then Chaeyoung saw her wiping tears from her eyes. Chaeyoung decided she couldn't just stay in the car. She got out and walked slowly towards Lisa.

"Lisa?" she said softly, walking up beside her. Lisa turned toward Chaeyoung and wiped away another tear. Chaeyoung held her arms open and Lisa immediately stepped into her embrace. Chaeyoung held Lisa as she cried softly for another minute. Chaeyoung heard Lisa take a deep breath as her crying ebbed. Lisa pulled out of the hug and crossed her arms around herself.

"I guess this is something you just never get over," Lisa said.

"I know," Chaeyoung said, "I feel the same way about my dad. Sometimes I just hear a song or I get a whiff of a certain smell or whatever and the grief just hits me. I kind of never know when to expect it, even though it's been years."

"I'm glad you're here with me, Chaeyoung," Lisa said. They stood quietly for a moment and then walked back to the car. They drove back to Seoul mostly just listening to music and lost in their own thoughts. Chaeyoung pulled up to Lisa's building.

"I'm sorry we ended on kind of a sad note," Lisa said, "I really had a great day."

"Lisa, I had a lovely day," Chaeyoung said.

"About the graveyard," Lisa said softly, looking like she was struggling with her emotions again, "well, just, thank you for understanding."

Chaeyoung leaned over and hugged Lisa as best she could across the car seats. They both smiled at each other when they pulled apart.

"See you soon?" Lisa asked.

"The party is next Thursday if I don't see you before," Chaeyoung answered and Lisa brightened up immediately.

"Oh, yeah, that's right," Lisa said, "so I will see you soon."

Lisa hopped out of the car and waved before she turned around. Chaeyoung didn't drive off until she watched Lisa walk all the way into her building. She was absolutely sure of it now. Her feelings for Lisa were way past platonic.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.1K 1.1K 16
Jennie Kim, 27 years old, and a successful CEO of her company finally takes a day off after months of non stop work. When she walked into the cafe th...
54.7K 1.8K 42
Chaeyoung's father is put on life support, and becoming Lisa Manoban's girlfriend is her last chance at paying his bills. It was supposed to be about...
47K 2K 28
Lisa Manoban is the Head chef of Lilies Restaurant. Chaeyoung Park is the Head Chef of RosesandSunflowers Restaurant. Both of them hate each other d...
223K 5.3K 40
There's unexpected event that we can meet our special someone from the past, that's the work of fate. But sometimes, there's someone and something th...