changing our colors || chaeli...

By longdalilisaa

Lalisa Manoban was a young award winning chef with no life outside of work when she realized she needed a cha... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five || end

nine

5.3K 225 52
By longdalilisaa

Lisa was reviewing specials for the night with her line cooks when her business manager walked into the kitchen.

"Chef, I've got a corporate client on the line that wants to come in and talk to you about a buyout night," she said, "is there a good time to set up a meeting?"

"You've already gone over the buyout policies with them?" Lisa asked.

"Yep, week nights only, price, everything," she answered, "they are good to pick a date and a menu. They didn't even seem to flinch at the prices and I priced it as high as a weekend night."

"Ok then, any weekday at four is fine," Lisa said, "but let them know politely that I've only got about 20 minutes or so open to give them."

"Is today okay?" she asked, "they said as soon as you were open."

"Sure," Lisa said. She had everything in order and the line cooks were already well into the preparations for the night. It was Tuesday so the restaurant was mostly booked but it looked to be a manageable night.

Lisa continued her work until the manager stuck her head into the kitchen to let her know that the client had arrived. Lisa walked out into the dining area and broke into a smile when she saw Jisoo waiting for her at the table.

"You know, you don't have to buy out the whole restaurant to get my approval," Lisa said as she sat across from Jisoo, "I'm okay with you dating my sister."

Jisoo laughed, "I'm glad to hear it but I'd date your sister with or without your approval. And I'm here to do a buyout for a YG function because this is the hottest place in town and your food is fucking fantastic."

"Okay then, Jisoo" Lisa said, thinking that Jisoo's boldness fit with Jennie's personality perfectly, "what can I do for you?"

"So every year we do a dinner for some of our employees," Jisoo said, "It's kind of an awards thing for employees that go above and beyond, both at work and in the community. Strangely, it's something that Alice started. It's about the only thing we still do that he had a hand in. The employees love it. It's kind of a big deal to see who gets invited to the dinner each year. Winners can be anybody from any department and the employees pick the winners by vote."

"Interesting concept," Lisa said, "It doesn't get too competitive?"

"No, it doesn't," Jisoo said, "It's kind of a 'pay it forward' kind of thing. People get noticed for kind acts. It's not really a competition."

"That doesn't sound at all like the infamous Alice Park," Lisa said. "I'll admit I went and googled her after my first dinner with Chaeyoung. I mean I know the internet doesn't give the whole story but she didn't sound like a very nice woman."

"I hate the girl. She is truly the only person on this earth that I can say I actually hate," Jisoo said, "but even I have to admit that it's complicated. My feelings mostly come from how much she hurt Chaeyoung. She doesn't talk about her much. It's just too hard for her, I think. When she does open up she remembers her sister back when she was a decent person, or at least she thought she was. I don't think anyone understands what really drove her to madness."

"That makes me really sad," Lisa said softly, "I mean for Chaeyoung." Jisoo noticed that Lisa looked like her eyes were glazed with tears but she quickly composed herself.

"Well, I didn't come here to get us both depressed," Jisoo said, "I came here to plan a celebration, so let's get to it."

They picked a Thursday night about a month away. Jisoo explained that they always had the dinner on a Thursday because the winners were given the following day off as an added bonus. They agreed that Lisa would pick a limited menu of appetizers, entrees and desserts and the guests choices would be made ahead of time and sent back to the restaurant for ease of service.

"At these prices most of my clients insist on a tasting before hand of the menu," Lisa said, "Do you guys want to do that?"

"I don't need to taste it to know it's going to be great but I think it would be fun. I'll bring Chaeyoung along," Jisoo said.

"Should we schedule it for a Monday when she is not so busy?" Lisa asked.

"She's always busy," Jisoo said, looking at Lisa with a confused expression, "but I'm sure she could make a Monday work."

Lisa looked down and smiled knowing she had just caught Chaeyoung in a little white lie used to spend time with her. The kitchen door swung open and Jisoo looked up to see BamBam waving at her.

"Jisoo!" BamBam said excitedly, "I just noticed it was you through the window. It's good to see you again."

Jisoo stood and gave BamBam a hug.

"I was hoping I would see you today," Jisoo said, "I owe you an eternal debt of gratitude for being the best wingman ever."

"I heard you and Jennie have been dating," BamBam said, "that's really cool."

"Yeah, Lisa tried to play the scary sister role when I got here today," Jisoo said, grinning wickedly at Lisa.

"Well, she's about as scary as a three legged puppy," BamBam said and he and Jisoo broke into laughter.

"Hey, I could be scary if I wanted to," Lisa said, looking seriously at Jisoo, "Don't make it happen."

Jisoo smiled, "That actually was a little intimidating. Lisa, for what it's worth, I really like Jennie. She's great and, well, I just really like her."

Lisa grinned back at Jisoo, "She likes you too, Jisoo. I wish the best for you guys."

"I've got to get back to work, Jisoo," Lisa said, "Just get my number from Jennie and let me know if Monday works for you and Chaeyoung to come to the tasting. Bam, you'll need to be here to do the dessert stuff as well."

They all said their goodbyes and Jisoo walked back to YG. She texted Chaeyoung that she was on her way up and went to see her in her office.

"I set up a tasting for the employee dinner this coming Monday afternoon," Jisoo said.

"Did you check with Joy?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Why would I?" Jisoo said, "word on the street is that you are not actually busy on Mondays, which are also conveniently the same day that Lalisa Manoban is off work."

Chaeyoung blushed and shook her head, "I might have just said that in passing, it's no big deal."

"Well, I totally just blew your cover," Jisoo said, "I was confused when Lisa said you weren't busy on Mondays and I answered that you were always busy then I saw her grin and blush and I figured it out. Sorry."

"Ok, Jisoo, you are officially the worst wingman ever," Chaeyoung said.

"In this case you are correct," Jisoo said, "but I didn't know you told her that."

Chaeyoung just shook her head and laughed.

"I mean it doesn't matter," Jisoo said, clearly teasing, "Since you don't like her that way anyhow. I mean you always bring people to your favorite Italian restaurant and to the park. And you regularly pick out antique books of interest for your friends and share tea and stroll through the city on work days. No big deal."

"You are insufferable," Chaeyoung said. "Go get the tasting thing on my schedule with Joy please. I actually do have work to do right now."

"Whatever you say boss," Jisoo said, saluting sarcastically and heading out of Chaeyoung's office.

•••

When Jisoo got back to her office she texted Jennie:

Jisoo: Hey babe

Jennie: Hey you

Jisoo: Wanna order in dinner tonight?

Jennie: YES what time

Jisoo: I'll be home by 6:30

Jennie: k

Jisoo: pack a bag for work tomorrow and stay?

Jennie: (heart emoji) be there around 7:00

Jisoo smiled and looked at the clock. She only had to make it another hour or so but it was going to be hard to concentrate.

•••

Jennie knocked on Jisoo's door and it opened quickly. Jisoo smiled warmly and pulled Jennie into an embrace. Jennie was still holding her purse and her bag as she felt Jisoo's lips meet hers. She dropped them both to the floor so that she could hold onto Jisoo's hips. They smiled at each other as they parted from the kiss.

"Come on," Jisoo said, "you can put your stuff in my room."

Jennie grabbed her things and Jisoo showed her around the apartment. They made their way back to the kitchen and Jisoo pulled out a stack of menus from places that were close and delivered quickly. They chose Thai food and called in their order. Jisoo poured them both a glass of wine and they plopped onto the sofa.

"I saw your sister today," Jisoo said.

"Oh, how come?" Jennie asked.

"I was renting out Gureum for a night for our employee dinner," Jisoo said. "I got to see BamBam again too. That guy cracks me up."

"I know, he's the nicest," Jennie said, "We need to find him a sweet girl."

"I'm already too busy screwing up any chance Chaeyoung has with Lisa," Jisoo said, "I'm taking myself out of the matchmaker game."

"What did you do?" Jennie asked.

"Apparently Chaeyoung told Lisa she wasn't busy on Mondays, thereby opening up her schedule so that they could hang out," Jisoo explained, "only Chaeyoung didn't tell me that. Lisa said that Chaeyoung wasn't busy on Mondays and I just blurted out that she was always busy and looked at Lisa like she had four heads. I realized the mistake pretty quickly when Lisa started blushing like a school girl and I remembered that they spent yesterday together."

Jennie laughed, "Well, I'm out of the matchmaker game too. If it's meant to be those two will figure it out."

There was a knock on the door and Jisoo went and grabbed the food from the delivery guy. She and Jennie moved to the table to eat. They chatted over dinner about work and regular day to day stuff. As they were cleaning up Jennie noticed Jisoo seemed to be quietly thinking.

"Something on your mind?" Jennie asked.

"Yes," Jisoo said, she led Jennie back to the couch and they sat down. "Look, I don't want to scare you off or anything, Jennie, but I really like you. If we are going to do whatever this is that we seem to be doing I'm not sure I'd be comfortable if we were doing it with other people too."

"Jisoo, are you asking me to go steady?" Jennie teased.

"Really, you're going to make fun of me right now," Jisoo answered with a big smile.

"Jisoo, there is nothing more that I want than for you to be my girlfriend," Jennie said a bit more seriously, "I don't even want to entertain the thought of you with anyone else." She leaned forward and kissed Jisoo softly, "Plus, I have something even scarier to ask you."

"Ok, you've got my attention now," Jisoo said.

"My parents are coming to eat at Gureum Friday night and I was hoping you would join us," Jennie said.

"You want me to meet your parents?" Jisoo asked, looking completely flustered at first then composing herself. "I'm sorry, that just surprised me."

"I know it's kind of quick but they are super laid back and it's just dinner at Lisa's restaurant," Jennie said. "I promise they are the least scary people you will ever meet. I'd just like to have you there if you're up to it."

Jisoo took a deep breath, "I'm up to it, Jennie. I'd love to meet them."

They settled together closer on the couch.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" Jisoo asked.

"Nope," Jennie said, grabbing Jisoo's hand and pulling her up from the sofa.

"Me either," Jisoo said pulling Jennie into a kiss then leading her into the bedroom.

They spent the next hour making love and talking and making love again. When their energy was finally depleted Jisoo looked over at the clock and laughed.

"It's only 9:00," Jisoo said, "wanna watch a movie now?"

"That sounds great," Jennie said.

They picked a silly comedy and watched it in bed together. When it was done they kissed and cuddled for a while before falling asleep in each other's arms.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.8K 1.7K 42
Kim Jisoo and Cha Eunwoo were a famous campus couple until something happened, which led them to break up. Since things didn't end well, they promise...
2.2K 73 10
When CEO Jennie Kim of Asan Medical Center meets Lisa Manoban, they start to encounter unearthly situations.
64.7K 2.2K 27
Jennie has everything she needs in life - except the ability to loosen up and break free from her demanding work once in a while. So she hires someon...
68.8K 3K 14
Jisoo is dealing with her breakup from Jennie, drowning her sorrows at the bar, when she stumbles upon a Book Exchange, choosing a book and getting e...