Xerxes Knight: The Alpha King...

By TheLittle_Naga_Girl

|HIGHEST RANKING| #4 in Werewolf. #1 in Mate. * "He's dangerous. He's invincible." "He can take on hundreds o... More

Prologue.
|One|
|Two|
|Three|
|Four|
|Five|
|Six|
|Seven|
|Eight|
|Nine|
|Ten|
|Eleven|
|Twelve|
|Thirteen|
|Fourteen|
|Fifteen|
|Sixteen|
|Seventeen|
|Eighteen|
|Nineteen|
|Twenty|
|Twenty-one|
|Twenty-Two|
|Twenty-three|
| Twenty four |
|Twenty five|
|Twenty six|
|Twenty- seven|
|Twenty eight|
|Twenty Nine|
|Thirty|
|Thirty-one|
|Thirty-Two|
|Thirty- three|
|Thirty- four|
|Thirty-Five|
|Thirty- six|
|Thirty-seven|
|Thirty- Eight|
|Thirty- Nine|
|Fourty|
|Fourty-One|
|Fourty- two|
|Fourty-Three|
|Fourty - Four|
|Fourty- Five|
|Fourty- Six|
|Fourty- Seven|
|Fourty-Eight|
Let's discuss.
|Fourty- Nine|
|Fifty|
|Fifty- One|
|Fifty- Two|
|Fifty-Four|
|Fifty-Five|
|Fifty-Six|
|Fifty- Seven|
|Fifty-Eight|
|Fifty-Nine|
|Sixty|
|Sixty- One|
|Sixty-two|
|Sixty-Three|
|Sixty-Four|
|Sixty-Five|
|Sixty-Six|
|Sixty-SevenI
|Sixty-Eight|
|Sixty-Nine|
|Seventy|
|Seventy-One|
|Seventy-Two|

|Fifty-Three|

77.6K 2.7K 1.1K
By TheLittle_Naga_Girl

WARNING- This chapter might result in screaming at the end.

Enjoy.

*

Sealing the letter in the envelope, I refrained from stamping the royal seal. It was best to deliver this without any clues on it.

I ordered Heralt's presence in the pack study through our mind link and he obliged knocking at the door three minutes later.

He was alone like I ordered him. "Come in."

Heralt immediately greeted me with a bow. "I have a task for you."

He raised his head and his eyes met mine. "Anything, Alpha King."

It was a dangerous task, and he was one of my few men I trusted. He doesn't serve in the front lines but at the remain at the back, working from the shadows. Investigating cases was his speciality not fighting.

Refraining from actual talking, I mind linked him. 'I want this letter delivered.'

Confusion registered all over his face but he didn't question my action instead replied through the mind link. 'Yes, Alpha King.'

'I don't want anyone to know about this letter, no one but the receiver.'

'As you wish.'

We maintained eye contact as we spoke through the link. I made sure to shut everyone else out so as not to let anyone listen in to our conversation.

If the letter gets in the hands of someone from the opposing side, everything will be in ruins and it will be our ultimate end. Many lives will be at stake and I wanted him to know  the severity of the situation.

Even the walls have ears, as the popular saying goes and I was the end of my wits dubious of the people around me. Regarding the strength of our foe, I didn't want to take any chances.

'Deliver to this Gordon by tomorrow.' I said through the link, pushing the unnamed letter forward over the desk. Heralt visibly paled when I named the destination. 'It's a dangerous task, can you do it, Heralt?'

With hasty steps, he got near the desk and picked the letter off the desk, shoving it inside his coat. 'I will comply by your order, Alpha King.'

Seeing his strong resolve, I was pleased. With a nod, I gave him the name who was supposed to receive the letter.

'Very well, Alpha King. I shall take my leave now.' Heralt made his exit after I gave the name of the said receiver of the letter.

Despite the raging tension that was going around the pack and everywhere, I believe Heralt will deliver the letter in time and will be back with good news.

Letting out a breath, I exited my study and the pack house. Damien stood by the door, waiting for me. "Is everything ready?" I questioned looking forward.

There was a peaceful air surrounding our pack and I will make sure it stayed like that forever, for as long as I lived by.

"Yes Alpha King. The emergency safe house is ready and prepared, if the situation arises for the evacuation of the pack members, it will be done without any trouble." Damien notified me.

The passage from where we were certain they were going to attack our pack was at more than two hours distance from the main pack grounds.

I didn't want my people to panic and create a state of fear in the pack and disrupt their peaceful live, I will do anything to keep the fight away from our home.

The pack members were already notified of the fight that was going to occur but I assured them their safety and they were ready to comply by any order I gave out. Their faith rested in me and our win.

Giving a curt nod to the information he gave me, I asked. "Is everyone ready?"

"Yes, Alpha King. Everyone is ready, we await for your command." He stated.

"We will move out in an hour." I informed him, walking away, making my way back home. Once it was just a place I live in but now it was my home because that's where Meryl lives, that's were my heart resides.

I saw a familiar house and walked to the front door which was guarded by Thomas and Henley. There were ten guards guarding the house in total at every exit and entrance. I wanted her safe and without any underlying threat.

"Is everything checked?" I addressed Thomas once they bowed and greeted me. Thomas was the head of the security team to keep the house secured. He was one of our best fighters- either human or wolf form.

"Yes, Alpha King. Everything is checked, the enemy wouldn't be able to get pass us if they decide to show their faces. There are guards  on stand by if any unfavorable situation arises here." He assured me and I nodded my head in appreciation at his preparation.

Walking in, I made my way in the kitchen where two intoxicating scent was coming from- Meryl and chocolate.

When she saw me by the entrance, she had the widest grin ever and ran towards me, instantly enclosing me with her small frame, giving me the tightest hug she could.

Pulling back, she smiled broadly yet she wasn't fooling me with her strong facade. I knew she was sad, fear lurked behind those pretty blue orbs of hers. I could sense her worry through our bond which grew stronger after our mating and was growing stronger everyday.

"What are you making?" I questioned, caressing her plump cheek.

"A cake, chocolate cake." She answered.

She wasn't fooling me with the strong act she was pulling but I didn't comment on it. "And do I get a taste?"

"No, not now." She shook her head, her smile dimming and her eyes  dropped down to my chest. "But you will get to eat it, the whole cake if you come back to me- safe and sound." She whispered, her eyes glistening with tears.

Something tugged at my heart and made me feel absolutely worthless for being the reason behind her sadness. "No matter where I go, I will always find my way back to you. And that's not just words, that's my promise to you, my love." I said before brushing my lips over hers lightly.

"I will hold onto your promise then." She pressed her lips over mine and kissed me deeply.

Pulling back, I rested my forehead against hers. "I have to go now."

With an understanding nod, Meryl pulled away completely. "I will be here, waiting for you." She smiled at me. "I believe in you and your warriors."

"Our warriors." I corrected her making her smile more.

Nodding her head, she repeated after me. "Our warriors."

With a final peck on her forehead, I left the kitchen and walked out of the house. I stopped short in my tracks and turned to Thomas. "Keep her safe at all cost."

Thomas looked flustered by my sudden commanded but quickly regained his composure. "Yes, Alpha King. I will lay my life in line to keep her safe."

He was one of the most loyal and trusted men in the pack. His ability and loyalty towards the pack and me, a renowned characteristic I appreciated about him.

"I believe in you, Thomas." I didn't wait for his response but I heard him saying thank you behind me.

*

At midnight, the warriors were stationed at their respective places in their wolf form except me. They were in their armour, ready to attack at my command.

The moon shone brightly, cascading the entire area with its light. Huge trees covered the forest where my warriors stayed hidden, while I remained hidden behind the thick tree, the end of the forest and from where the empty field started. Lush green grass covering all through the horizon, trees at the either sides of it where my warriors stayed hidden.

'They are here.' Damien informed everyone through the joint mind link.

Judging by the frequency of their steps and vibrations in the ground, there were roughly a number of hundreds of them, in human form. They were in no hurry to invade the pack and were approaching towards the passage in caution.

The fighters were hidden behind the bushes in four groups. We surpassed them in terms of numbers and before they could lay their feet in the pack, they will lose their head.

'Everyone, be ready.' I ordered through the link.

The four divided groups stayed well hidden, each taking refugee in four directions while I stood alone masking my scent, hiding behind the shadows. The four groups were hidden at an accurate distance disabling the enemies senses to smell due to the distance. If we move an inch closer they would smell us.

'At your command, Alpha King.' Damien said through the joint link.

'Wait for my command.' Saying this, I walked out of the shadows and approached the invading enemies.

A familiar scent hit my nostrils, and my hands itched to kill him.

Bretton Black.

That fucking traitor.

Collective steps halted almost instantly when the moon light glowed over me, revealing my presence to the enemies.

Bretton Black stood before the hundreds, a smile playing on his lips as he saw me yet I could sense the fear rolling off of him in waves and also from the filthy wolves he called fighters behind him.

Inhaling deeply, Bretton chuckled. "You don't have a scent." He commented, his voice taking a curious tone. His eyes diverting around, unable to keep eye contact.

His resolve was weak, he wasn't fit to lead a fight yet he dared to. He will be losing his head and wouldn't be able to see the end of the fight he started.

"How did you do it?" Bretton went on, cocking his head to the side. He was never fit for the role he played between Gordon and the future Alphas yet he was a perfect fit for a puppet.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" I kept my face neutral, taking a step towards him.

"Ah, I see. Just like your brother." He peered at me, a snarl taking over his face. So he was aware about our abilities.

My stomach coiled at his words and my anger intensified. "Who is behind you?" I demanded.

He shook his head, flicking a finger at me. His defiance clawing at me to kill him in the most brutal way possible. "That's not the real question." He tsk, his eyes gleaming with something dark. "The real question is, how did you know about our planned attack?"

My eyes narrowed at him as he scratched his beardless jaw feigning a thoughtful look. "Perhaps, we have a rat amongst us." He declared with a clap of his hands.

I was left at unrest by his words but maintained my calm demeanour, not giving away anything. "Stop talking nonsense, Bretton." I spat his name. Uttering his name left a bitter taste in my mouth.

"Am I, Alpha King?" He sneered at me before waving his wrist in the air.

The action got my attention. It resulted in causing some shuffling and noises from within the fighters standing behind Bretton then a man was brought to the front, two men holding onto his arms keeping him in place.

My jaw tightened when I saw who it was. Charles. He was the rat Damien planted amongst them.

Charles stared at the man beside him with hatred filled gaze. "You're a fucking bastard." He spat.

"I know." Bretton smiled at him while the two men brought Charles before him, his back facing him.

My fist clenched beside me as anger coiled in me but Charles smiled at me, his eyes shining with pride. "It was an honour to be a part of your pack, Alpha Ki-"

Before he could finish his sentence, his neck was snapped, his eyes going lifeless and I didn't miss the lone tear that trailed down his cheek.

He feel down on the ground with a thud, his eyes wide open.

"Bretton." I growled, my entire frame shaking with rage.

He smiled at me secretively, though I could almost taste the palpable fear in the air. "Where's your warriors? I doubt you came alone." His eyes wondered around, his nose perched up sniffing the air. When he didn't get a whiff of any unfamiliar scent, he smiled at me coyly.

"I am enough to take you all down." I grounded the words out looking behind him. They were all well built and from the looks of it, they were not mere wolves but warriors. "Tell me who is behind all this and I will let you live." I tried to lure him.

Bretton laughed talking a step back, taking cradle between the warriors he brought along with him. "You're not very good with lies, Alpha King." He stated, a sadistic smile over his face. "Either way, I have my death written at the hands of one of the brothers, and I'd rather die at the hands of my Lord."

He had already made his mind or he was forced to make his mind. Either way, he was going to die, at my hands.

'NOW.' I gave my command before the hundreds of them charged towards me, all at once.

Cranking my neck, I beat the ground behind me with the tip of my shoe and charged forward. My hands were about to get bloody.

Their steps stopped immediately for a second when they sensed we were not the only ones in the ground but soon continued their run and shifted mid air, ready to attack me, coming for my neck.

Bretton stood in the middles still in his human form, watching the scene unfolding before him.

It has been more than five decades since I last shifted in my wolf form to fight. I free my wolf every once in a while to run and get the steam off my body.

They couldn't even fight me in my human form, so they had little to no chance to defeat me in my wolf form. The reason why I refrained from shifting during fights was because my wolf once get a taste of the enemy's blood, it goes on a rampage and wouldn't stop unless every single enemy was slain.

My human side momentarily loses control over him and he wouldn't calm down unless he gets his fill. He was brutal, he loved the chase, the hunt and wouldn't settle anything less than to shred them into pieces.

It was best to keep him in bound unless his presence was absolutely needed.

I caught a wolf mid air who came for my neck. Then another.

Fucking pups.

With a flick of my wrists, their necks were snapped and fell on the ground with a thud.

I rushed forward, taking them on. Dodging a wolf who jumped on me, my fist landed on his stomach and it hurled down with a whimper. I swung my fist in every direction taking them on until my warriors circled them, making a barrier around them so they couldn't escape.

As my warriors enclosed on them, they stopped fighting and circled around, looking around frantically. They kept Bretton in the middle protecting him even when they were about to die. For a pathetic bunch of traitorous group they sure were loyal.

Bretton let out a loud laugh, his shoulders shaking with the effects of his booming laughter. His laughter was eerie, the now silent field rang with his laughter unsettling to my ears.

Unable to keep my anger in check, I let out a loud snarl effectively shutting him up.

'Kill them all except Bretton, he's mine.' I ordered through the joint link.

As soon as the command was out, my warriors charged forward, with their canines baring, ready for the kill.

Blood spluttered everywhere, the once lush green field covered with red stains of blood. A narrow trail of red river formed and cascaded down the lane, disappearing in forest, amongst thousands of trees.

The soil sinking the blood taking it fill, the stain to last for a very long time.

Bretton retreated his steps, shaking like a leaf with fear as I neared him. Taking calculating steps towards him, I teased him, basking in the fear that was rolling off of him in waves. My teeth baring at him showing who he had dared to mess with.

As if making up his mind, he halted in his tracks. I watched as a determined look took over his face and with a cry he ran towards me, his motive clear- to kill me.

But before he could even land a scratch on me, I ducked his attack and with a swift twirl of my body, I had his neck in my hand. My arm flexed and I had him in the air, his feet leaving the land and I leveled him an inch lower than my eyes.

He struggled in my hold, his hands clawing at my wrist, nails scratching to get out of my assault but he wasn't going to succeed.

"You will be dying at my hands and not your Lord's." I spoke leveling him with a taunting look.

He tried to cough, struggling to breathe. His face turning a bright shade of red, puffing as all the blood jammed on his face. "D-Do you t-think you wi-will win th-is w-war?" He struggled in my hold and despite holding his life in a thread he dared to laugh but failed.

"I don't think, I will." I smiled at him, my eyes glaring at him. Just a snap and his life will be over.

He sputtered, trying to say something. "Y-you're n-not...r-rat...y-your m-ma..." He couldn't even form a word.

"You better have your Lord's name on your lips." I spat at him.

My hold loosened just a little after I lowered him to the ground, giving him a chance to speak, if he had anything to useful to say that was.

Taking this opportunity, he coughed and breathe in deeply, gulping as much air into his lungs as he could. His hands gripped my wrist, not fighting to break free. A sinister smile soon overtook his face and he bared his bloody teeth at me. "Don't fucking test me, Bretton." I squeezed his neck a little in warning.

"I, in fact, w-we already bade goodbye to our lives before planning this attack, so we don't care if we live or die but..." He started coughing yet again. "You're not the only one with brains."

"Don't talk riddles with me now, Bretton. You're in position to test my patience." My growled giving his neck a squeeze to remind him who was at control.

He coughed again, his smile not once leaving his face. "You're not the only one who can plant a rat in your enemy's den." He started to laugh as he saw the anger and realisation in my eyes when his words registered in me.

"Who-"

Meryl. Her smiling face flashed on my mind. NO.

Tightening my hold on his neck , I squeezed it until I heard a satisfying snapping of bones. Blood spluttered from his mouth and I threw his lifeless body in a heap. A growled rumbled out of my chest.

Turning round, leaving behind the chaos behind me, my legs started to pick up pace and I ran towards the direction of our house.

I was vaguely aware of Luke saying something in the mind link and I felt his presence behind me, keeping up with my pace in his wolf form. Two other wolves ran behind him trying to keep up with me.

Meryl.

She must be safe, she have to be.

If anything were to happen to her...

My wolf was losing his control, demanding to be released. There was only so much my human side could resist and without skipping a beat, he took over. My bones popped, taking an odd form and soon within seconds I landed in my fours.

Through the joint link, I could sense their shock and surprise at the sight of my wolf. They have never seen it, they didn't need to but it was an easy call to make because it concerned Meryl.

I shook my body and let out a howl in the empty night air. My fur blew with the wind, glistening under the moonlight, the jade black fur mixed with a trail of white on my chest, a mark of being a warrior. Every warrior in my pack have it. There was a patch of white fur on the crown of my head, a sign of being a King.

Within seconds, my pace increased tenfold than my human side. Through the link, I let Luke know where to follow me- to my house.

I pushed myself to run faster and ran in synched with the wind. The gust on wind blew my fur, my heart hammering at the possibility of the scene that I would be greeted with if things took a worst turn.

No, she will be safe. I made myself believe and chanted the words over and over again.

'Meryl.' I called her out through our link but there was no response. I tried again and I was greeted with the same answer.

Growling under my breathe, I mind linked Thomas but there was no response either. Then I felt it, the bond breaking, one after the other. It was of the guards who guarded my house. It could only mean one thing, they were killed or dying.

Meryl. I snarled in anger, anguish and pain that spread through my entire chest.

I pushed myself to run faster, the scenery around me a blur as my sole motive was to get to Meryl and hold her in my arms, keep her safe from every danger.

Within twenty minutes, I reached the pack grounds and dashed for the direction of my house.

As I neared the familiar area and saw the familiar sight of my house, something stirred in me, something that felt me at unease.

Fear.

Never did I ever fear anything until now. My pace slowed as I neared the unguarded house.

Henley laid dead by the front door, his eyes wide open as he stared ahead. And I knew the the rest of the guards had faced the same fate as him, I couldn't feel them through the bond anymore.

My ears perked up when I heard a noise from inside the house. Meryl.

When I neared the front door, it was already opened. With my mind set to kill any intruders, I rushed in and anger instantly coiled in me when I sensed four presence. Two I was familiar with and the other two were unfamiliar, they were not from this pack. My snout got a whiff of their scent, and my mind reeled with recognition.

Yuta. Bretton's right hand.

I broke down the bedroom door ready to kill any enemy my eyes lay on but the scene before my eyes had me frozen in place.

Meryl.

The room was dark except the moon light intruding through the window. There were two bodies of men laying unconscious on the floor, my ears vague aware of their faintly beating hearts. While Meryl straddle the other, hitting his face with her elbow. A crack sound resonate around the room as his face was pushed to the side by the force of her blow and effectively knocking him unconscious.

As if sensing another presence in the room, she got to feet instantly and turned towards my direction, her stance ready to fight. Her fist mid air prepared to throw her blow, her eyes widening at the sight of me, my wolf.

Though I was enthralled by her ability and strength to take down three men, my eyes and mind couldn't look away and think of anything else other than her eyes.

Her once beautiful blue orbs were no longer visible.

Instead, her now silver orbs glowed in the dark. The prettiest eyes I've ever seen and had ever seen.

***

Soooooo, how was it?! And the ending!

And about the 'bad' brother, I've already dropped so many hints regarding who the real mastermind behind the Revolutionist is. I hope you guys piece it together and solve it.

IMPORTANT- Someone said the story was dragging and I wanted to know if you guys think the same.

But If I fast forward the story, you guys wouldn't get to enjoy the evolution of Meryl and I wanted to pull at every strings of your heart through Meryl's transformation.

P.s- If the enemy is revealed so soon what's the fun in that?

Comment your thoughts.

VOTE, COMMENT & SHARE.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

747K 32.8K 79
Alphas did not have daughters. They never have. It just didn't happen. When an Alpha's mate gives birth to a baby girl, he refuses to recognize her...
745K 21.7K 40
Opposites attract. Everyone has heard this phrase at least once in their lives. Well, what if the person you're meant to be with is truly the opposit...
883K 26.4K 55
"Yes, you are. Don't you have any shame?" "Shame?" I asked, confused with what shame has to do with being jealous. "Yes, shame. Don't you have any sh...
16.8K 379 17
"Darling." He smirked and eyed my lips. "Promises can be broken." "I don't break promises," I aimed to assure. "I know because I know you." He stretc...