The Kingpin's sister

By Baabiiee_doll

Whenever you hear the name Kimani Sumner in the streets of the.Bronx, her older brother, KJ's, name is spoken... More

001
002
003
004
006
007
008
009
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
023
024
025
026
027
028
029
030
031
032
033
034
035
036
037
038
039
040
041
042
043
044
045
046
047
048
049
050
051

005

29.1K 1.1K 493
By Baabiiee_doll

It has officially been a week since i have been back. The longer i am here the more it feels like i never even left. I finally had fixed up my room to my liking and while I was shopping with Ebony I bought a stereo which makes it easier for me to drown out the sound of KJ and his loud obnoxious friends.

It was a pretty late Friday night. I was expecting to hear music blaring throughout the house like it usually does but it was strangely quiet.

Laid up in my room listening to Ella Mai, 'Shot Clock' there was a light knock at my door.

"Hmm?" I waited another moment, maybe the knock was an accident.

"Are you in there?"I didn't recognize the voice behind the door. As I stood up slowly moving towards the door my heart began to race

"It's Dash.."

I swung the door open. My eyes landed on a sweaty and bloody Dash. "What happened ?" I continued to examine his body, only his shirt and forearm were bloody.

"Got In to a fight ?" I asked, knowing that if he dealt with KJ that was most likely the case.

"Surprisingly no" Dash chuckled. "I accidentally cut my arm trying to cut open a dutch.... Ebony said you could help?" He looked down the hall as if he was checking for someone.

"Oh... KJ doesn't know you're coming to his little precious sister for help?" I couldn't hide the slight taunt behind my voice.

He rolled his eyes, "I know you think that's cute and all but if your ass is going to do that can you at least let me in so he doesn't see me?"

Although I had a playful look on mine and thought the whole situation was kind of funny, Dash had an anxious look on his face and it was clear we were both on two separate sides of this.

No matter what I do or say KJ won't lay a hand on me. Dash on the other hand could be taken out any minute with just one word from Dad or KJ. I stepped aside letting him step in to my room.

I had a feeling Ebony only referred Dashawn to me because of our little talk at the mall awhile back.

"How do you cut your arm trying to roll a blunt?" I took hold of his arm wiping away the blood with an old shirt I planned on throwing out.

"I had the blade in my hand and trying not to stab ol' girl I stabbed my self." He kept his eyes down on his arm watching as I continued fixing it up.

"Ol' girl?"

"One of the females jumped in to my lap"

I decided to leave the conversation there. I was strangely prepared for this. I had peroxide on my dresser which I was using to clean my jewelry.

"The cut is small, you seriously bleed like s mother fucker, I don't know how you got it all over your shirt and you're sweating?"

"The sight of blood freaks me out..." He clenched his jaw a bit as if he tense.

"I'm guessing you never got your red wings." I laughed as I ripped the shirt in two and wrapped it around the small cut.

"What?"

"It's when you eat out a girl on her period.... the bl-"

"Aye, Kimmy" KJ's voice blared from the other side of the door.

Dash took hold of my hand as if KJ could detect my movements from behind the door.

"Hey, wassup?" I called back, pulling Dash towards the closet door but he was reluctant to hide.

"I need you to watch something for me."

I could hear his hands on the door knob.

"Get in the damn closet" I whispered. "I know this is considered a pussy move but please I can't have you or anyone hurt cause of me."

Dash bit his bottom lip and nodded, kneeling down in to my closet, I shut the door behind him and discarded of the bloody shirt and other evidence.

"Come in."

KJ stepped in wearing nothing but sweats and a pair of Nike sandals. He had a small bag in his hand and shortly after he stepped in Ebony came running in after him.

"Da- daddy... hey daddy" She quickly corrects herself as she sees only the two of us standing in the room.

"Daddy?" He looks at her confused. "When I asked you to call me that before you said it was inappropriate.."

"What do you want ?" I was set beside my dresser trying to look as if I was preoccupied.

"I need you to hold this for me." He handed me the bag which was filled with large rolls of hundreds.

"No... I refuse I'm not getting involved with your bullshit." I shoved the bag back at him but he placed it on my bed

"I wouldn't ask you to hold it if I felt like you were going to get in trouble." KJ gave me a warm smile I haven't seen since back when I lived with Aunty. "

I sighed reluctantly, I was completely against it but I couldn't say no to him. "Fine... I'll only hold it for a few days."

"Thank you ! Deadass you have no idea" KJ pauses for a moment his eyes were starting around the room. "Have you seen Dash?"

My body tensed up as I heard the name leave his lips. The entire room seemed to tense up and I even felt like so did Dash from us did the closet.

"No.. was I suppose to?" I asked trying my hardest to be nonchalant.

KJ didn't seem to believe me but after a moment he shrugged it off. "Hey, Ebony why don't you stay in here with Kimmy for a bit ? Ight." He didn't wait for her to answer, he just walked out closing the door behind him.

Once the door closed, Dash stepped out of the closet and Ebony dropped her head in defeat.

"Are you okay?" I asked her not even paying any attention to Dash.

"Yeah" Ebony smiles. "It's not a problem, I'm just going to go to the bathroom." She took a few steps before fumbling but she continued out of the room.

"These are nice."

When I turned to face Dash he was holding a pair of my thongs that I wear with certain pairs of jeans.

"Really ?" Snatching them out of his hand, I threw them on the bed. "Is that appropriate? Right now?"

"Is it not the right time ? Because of Ebony and King?" Dash sat down on the bed staring up at me.

"Don't you think it's fucked up he does that to her ?"

"Don't you think it's tucked up she sticks around ? She's not no dumb bitch she knows what's going on behind closed doors."

He wasn't wrong. I wouldn't agree that it's fucked up she sticks around. She's in love and all you can hope for is someone to change for the better.

"You know what no, I'm going to say something." As I turned to leave the room Dash's hand was wrapped around my arm.

I couldn't budge

"Don't do that." His voice was stern but soft.

"And why not ? I know you probably think nothing is wrong with that shit but it's disgusting." I looked down at his hand on my arm before turning to face him.

"You're just going to make shit worse for her." Dash lowered his hand. "She either has to leave or KJ has to drop her.... if you say something KJ will just think she complained to you and make it worse on her."

As soon as he finished explaining, Ebony walked back in smiling. "KJ is back in the room so now is the time to go."

Dash nodded dismissing himself from the room.

"You think you could help me out with something?"

I looked at her with a raised eyebrow but I nodded m.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.4K 2.2K 36
I wrote this when I was 14-15...so you have been warned! - (FIRST BOOK) CJ Mendéz is a girl who just wants to live a perfect life. She has the boyfri...
7K 270 27
KD Bryant has just moved from Philadelphia to California with her little brother, the up and coming basketball star, Kobe Bryant, and her boyfriend...
414K 20.9K 45
When Ryann meets Ava - she's intrigued right away from the smooth woman who is more than just a mystery. From her luxurious lifestyle to her love lif...
20.6K 496 27
17 year old Kylee had hard times growing up as a toddler. Her father being in and out of jail and her mother on Drugs. The only constant in her life...