I Need You | KSJ (REWRITING)✔️

By curiousbangtan

"Being in love with your playboy of a best friend can hurt more than anything..." - Kim Seokjin ~°~ (Best Fr... More

Disclaimer
One
Two
Three
Four
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty*
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
notice

Five

5.8K 303 305
By curiousbangtan

"I cannot even imagine where I would be today were it not for that handful of friends who have given me a heart full of joy."  Charles R. Swindoll

~°~

"For the madame," 

Raising your head, you smiled gratefully at Namjoon who was holding a cold beer out to you whilst posing his figure as though he was bowing respectfully at you.

Taking the beverage from his hand with an amused giggle leaving your mouth, you carefully watched him join you on the kitchen island that you had been sitting on for about 10 minutes while you waited for Namjoon and his brother, Taehyung.

"Where's Tae? I thought you said he'd be here," you asked the man as he got himself comfortable beside you and threw his arm around your shoulder before answering you.

"He went to put some gas in the car since he's going to be the designated driver today." 

Taking in his response, you simply nodded in understanding and finally chugged down a good amount of the bitter beer Namjoon had given to you before comfortably placing your head down on his shoulder as he started speaking to an acquaintance of his that had just approached him.

Now being left to your thoughts, your brain decided to grab this opportunity and remind of the horrifying events that had taken place earlier on in the day.

You honestly wanted to drown in a bunch of alcohol at this point.

Seokjin saw you naked. As if your day wasn't already bad enough from having to deal with all your assignments, this happened.

How convenient huh?

After only a few moments, you moved your head away from Namjoon as the strongest urge to scream had you almost fighting for dear life.

The conversation that Namjoon he having quickly seemed to be starting to get a little bit more serious, so you decided to let him be instead of being a bother simply because you let your mind run wild yet again.

You then took a decent gulp from the bottle in your hand and let out a satisfied sigh, smiling blissfully as soon as you swallowed, appreciating the way the liquid seemed to send pleasant chills through your system before eventually settling as your body finally began to relax properly.

Your schoolwork throwing quite violent punches at you and was suffocating you with its overwhelming intensity as you tried it struggled quite a bit to get through everything in due time. Suddenly deciding to come to this part with Namjoon and Taehyung for a little bit was probably what you needed to prevent yourself from going completely insane because you couldn't solve some stupid questions in your assignment.

Could this have been just another excuse to procrastinate for just a while longer? Perhaps it was. Did that stop you? Not at all.

Laughing internally, finding your own thoughts and bad life decisions oddly humorous, you mindlessly started to allow your eyes to graze around the kitchen you were and out through the arched entryway, immediately catching sight of what was part of the rest of the house, with the living room completely filled with intoxicated youth and loud music blasting from the speakers around the tv somewhere else in the living room.

The smell of sweaty bodies and alcohol that filled the air immensely could have been far more unbearable and nauseating if it was not for the beer that was now beginning to seep into your system slyly the more you took careful chugs from the bottle and soon enough, the mere sight of the dancing crowd suddenly gave you the energy to join in the fun.

You were about to hop off of the island and join the crowd just as another familiar song started to blare from the large speakers when you suddenly stopped in your spot as soon as you caught sight of Seokjin dancing chest to chest with some redhead in a bright blue dress, with his mouth being extremely close to her ear as he whispered something into it with a light smirk on his face.

At the seemingly ordinary sight, you soon felt a sore pinch in your heart as you gulp on nothing. 

Without realising it, you began to stare at the pair a bit too intently. 

Your chest hurt the more you started, but for some reason that was the very thing that forced you to keep staring.

You just couldn't see to take your eyes off of them as they danced oh so closely to each other, as though they were having the absolute time of their lives in the middle of some random person's living room.

You mindlessly took yet another gulp from your beer, this time taking in what honestly felt like double the amount that you had been chugging before.

As pathetic as it could have been, such a sight was not one you could ever find yourself witnessing and actually getting used to. You've known Seokjin to have a girl on his arm wherever he went since the man hit freaking puberty and successfully discovered the glorious world of pretty girls and boobies.

And you simply watched what, at the time, felt like your whole world was crumbling at the mere realisation that you no longer had the full attention of the boy you liked so much. Dramatic, wasn't it? The remainder of your childishness made you sick every single time you thought back to it.

Regardless of the theatrics, realising that the boy you liked, your best friend, was now interested in several other girls and the more he grew into the man he is now, ultimately made your poor teenage heart completely shatter into a million pieces.

The realisation even hurt you now that you were well in your twenties.

The whole thing was quite childish, you had to admit. But your excuse for it was simply the fact that you genuinely did not think that your little crush was actually going to last so long. You truly believed that it would fade away over some time - but it didn't. It remained, standing as strong as ever, showing no signs of making its supposedly anticipated departure. 

Yet here you were, getting butthurt every time you saw Seokjin getting nice and cosy with some girl, every single time feeling just as painful as the first.

How foolish.

You were beyond sick of it. Getting rid of this stupid little 'crush' of yours was long overdue.

At the thought, you took one more gulp of your drink, before making a weird sound with your throat as the bitterness ran down your throat before you placed the bottle down next to you.

"Can I have this dance, my lady?" you suddenly heard someone say in your ear, thankfully taking your attention off of Seokjin and whoever he had his arms so comfortably wrapped around.

You turned your head over to the new, returning presence beside you, a brown-haired Taehyung, as what was probably an overly relieved smile pulled at the corners of your lips. Regardless, you nodded at the man eagerly and quickly excused yourself from Namjoon as you hopped off of the island. You were more than thankful for the much-needed distraction before you ended up wallowing away in your sadness.

Finally grabbing a hold of the brunette's hand, and pulled him into the sea of people, leaving Namjoon in the kitchen to fend for himself and his acquaintance.

As soon as you stepped onto the makeshift dance floor, hand-in-hand with Taehyung, you quickly figured out which part the song was on before you soon began to sing along to the all too familiar tune and dance closely with your friend. 

"You don't waste any time, do you?" he laughed as he slipped the hand that was holding your to slightly hold your side as he caught the rhythm you were moving at.

"This is my song!" you giggled excitedly and shouted back at him humorously above the music.

Simply shaking his head and chuckling in response, feeling no need to really say much else, Taehyung simply laughed before the two of you allowed yourselves to get lost in the good music.  

The two of you continued to dance for a few more songs before as seemingly breathless Taehyung eventually suggested that you go to get something to drink with him since he was probably starting to feel a bit parched from all the dancing and humidity in the room.

Following Tae into the kitchen, you soon picked up on the fact that Namjoon was no longer in the spot you had last seen him in. Your eyes then quickly shifted before falling onto Jungkook and Yoongi standing together, the two apparently having just arrived at the party yet still keeping to themselves, unsurprisingly so.

Yoongi had his arms wrapped around Jungkook's around Yoongi as the two slowly swayed side to side to the music and you couldn't help but fawn at the endearing sight. You watched the couple in utter adoration as Jungkook gently snuggle his face into Yoongi's neck with a peaceful smile on his face.

Their love for one another still amazed you, you had faith that the two of them would definitely last for a really long time.

A sudden tap on your shoulder brought you out of your daze, causing you to quickly turn around.

You then saw Taehyung standing there with two bottles in his hand, one bottle of beer and a bottle of soda, and he handed the beer to you, before taking a large gulp from his own beverage.

"That was fast." you commented before mindlessly a sip from your own.

"I told you I was thirsty. Let me breathe, damn!" he laughed jokingly before gently clanking his bottle against yours and taking a large sip from it afterwards.

The two of you stood there as you bopped your head to the song that was currently playing on the loud speakers, whilst occasionally taking sips from your beers.

"I'm going back to dance." Taehyung informed you, just as your eyes were about to start wandering around again, "Are you coming?"

"I'll join you in a bit. I want to stay here and rest for a little while." you smiled.

He shot you a thumbs up and cheesed brightly at you before soon sauntering out of the kitchen with a slight skip in his step and leaving you by yourself.

You placed your beer down onto the island for a short moment before you quickly hoisted yourself up onto the counter, hoping that whoever owned this place wouldn't come for your neck for sitting on their counter so much. Hopefully they won't mind too much.

"I think I've seen you before." you soon heard someone say from your left just as you got comfortable in your spot and grabbed your bottle once again.

Eyebrows furrowed, and you turned your head in the direction that the new voice had come from. 

Now standing in front of you, you were met with the sight of a man with bright red hair and a bright grin adorning his face, radiating such refreshing and joyful energy.

It took you a few moments for you to actually process and recall where exactly you had seen this face before this interaction you realized that it was the guy with the bright red hair who had caught you in the hallway with Seokjin, the two of you being found in a very questionable position.

"I-uh..." you unintentionally stumbled over your words as the realisation finally hit you.

Awkwardly clearing your throat as you prepared yourself to speak again, subconsciously tightening your hold on your bottle's neck, "Hi."

"Hey." he laughed in response, seemingly amused with your reaction before he casually took a small sip from the medium-sized cup he had in his hand.

"You're the guy from my apartment building." you stupidly stated.

"Is that what you call me?" he asked, raising a brow at you in amusement, "I'm kind of disappointed that, as my new neighbour, you'd give me a much more 'revolutionary' nickname," he stated, dramatically making jazz hands with his free hand.

"Uh..." you stuttered, "No! Of course not! I just didn't know what your name was so I just called you the first name that came to mind." you tried to explain yourself in a slight panic.

"Wel, sweetheart," he started, "I think the normal thing to do, would be to actually ask for my name."

"Oh, my bad." you sighed and chuckled sheepishly, "Then what would your name be?" you then asked, putting your drink down on the counter beside you.

"My name's Hoseok." he chuckled.

"Hoseok..." you repeated after him to yourself quietly, almost as if you were testing what his name would feel like on your tongue.

"Yes. That's my name." he laughed, furrowing his eyebrows slightly as if he was wondering why you were mimicking him.

"Sorry." you apologised and sighed sheepishly yet again, looking down as you felt your face heating up, and you weren't too sure if it was because of the alcohol or the fact that you were feeling extremely embarrassed by the extremely good-looking male.

"What's your name, sweetheart?" he smirked.

You mindlessly grabbed your bottle to keep your hands somewhat busy and distracted from your embarrassment and you answered, "I'm y/n."

"You know," he started, looking like he was momentarily lost in thought, "that kinda sounds like my next girlfriend's name."

That statement caught you off guard and quickly had you bursting out into a sudden fit of laughter and you soon found yourself clutching onto your stomach for dear life as you started to feel your breath running out a little bit.

Hoseok simply watched you as you cackled shamelessly as a small, amused smile formed on his face.

He couldn't help stop himself from admiring the hearty sound of your cute laughter.

For whatever reason, he found himself enjoying the way it echoed around the kitchen, feeling like, to him, your laugh was somehow even slightly above the music that was currently playing in the background. To him, in that short moment, your laughter couldn't even compete with the said music - for some odd reason, it almost felt as though it had unexpectedly become personal music to his ears.

"You have such a beautiful laugh. I'd honestly love to hear it more often," he said, smiling softly, once you had finished laughing, as he placed himself between your legs after politely asking if he could with a few gestures of his hands.

And he just stood there.

His words caused your face to heat a little bit and you instinctively tried to turn your head away in an attempt to try and hide your blush from him.

"Don't hide your pretty face from me, sweetheart." you heard him say, as he gently turned your back to look at him. You honestly had to fight the urge to turn your head right back because you honestly had no idea how you were supposed to act anymore. 

What was one supposed to say after hearing something so corny yet somewhat embarrassingly melt-worthy?

He just looked at you, with a smile on his face, "Come hang out outside with me. I think I'd appreciate some fresh air." he suddenly suggested as he stepped back and gently pulled you off of the counter after putting the drink you were holding aside for you.

You hummed in agreement, seeing that you actually enjoyed Hoseok's company.

He then began to lead you to the back door, holding both of your drinks in each of his hands before the two of you soon stepped out into the backyard where there happened to be fewer people lingering around. Thankfully so.

"So where is that boyfriend of yours?" Hoseok eventually asked some time after the two of you took a seat on the grass and got yourself settled.

He handed your drink back to you, watching carefully as you took it from him and he waited for you to answer.

You furrowed your eyebrows, turning your body slightly to face him, "Boyfriend?" 

"The one you were getting with in the hallway yesterday?" he simply clarified, sipping some of his drink once he spoke.

"Oh!" you laughed, feeling your face heat up in embarrassment yet again, as you realised that he seemed to be referring to Jin, "That's not my boyfriend." you tried to explain, "He's just my best friend."

"Best friend?" he raised an eyebrow, clearly questioning your answer, "You two looked like a little bit more than that to me."

"I promise." you stated sternly, scrunching your face up a little as you tried to ignore how embarrassed you were, "We're just best friends. Nothing more. Nothing less."

Ignoring the weird pinch you felt in your chest as soon as you spoke, you quickly took a gulp from your bottle before soon noticing how Hoseok's expression had now suddenly changed.

It had literally gone from a curious one to a relieved one, which made you wonder what might have been going through his mind.

"Why would you think he was my boyfriend?" you decided to ask, noticing that he was seemingly getting a bit lost in thought again.

"I don't know." he shrugged and took a sip from his cup before talking again, "It was probably because of the position I found the two of you in." he shrugged, taking a sip from his cup.

Instead of really saying anything, you simply let out an awkward laugh, not really knowing how else to really even try to defend yourself.

"So then," Hoseok slowly started, carefully watching your face as if he was checking for any changes in your expression,

"You don't have a boyfriend, right?" he then eventually asked after a few seconds.

"Nope." you answered with a small giggle that was probably caused by the alcohol in your system, even popping the 'p' in the word 'nope' like some special effect of some sort.

"So... I'm hoping that it wouldn't be a problem if I were to do this?"

"Do what?" you asked, confused and looked at him with your brows furrowed.

"Kissed you."

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°

Hey, loves!!

Please leave your thoughts with me and kindly point out any errors.

I'll try my best to update soon, okay?

~J🌻

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.1K 1K 36
***Book 3 of BTS Delululand Series*** Two friends meet in college, but life separates them, only to bring them back together later in life. Twists an...
31K 2K 28
One year. 365 days. 365 days since your perfect boyfriend invited you to a perfect restaurant and with exquisite tenderness broke your heart and en...
7.9K 547 15
(Previously The Darkness) When I closed my eyes at that time, I felt scared and worried... I became drifted into the dark, and couldn't hear anything...
6K 223 2
Jeon Jungkook is in love with his best friend. Every time he sees Yoongi his heart instantly warms like an oven, his chest feels all nice and cozy, h...