Moonstone's Grace

By AbellonaTheWrathful

On our normal world, we think of monsters as a myth, something that is imaginary, or simply is in our imagina... More

The early bird
Retrieval
Out of the nest
Legacy

Flying into the frying pan

34 1 0
By AbellonaTheWrathful

(Authors note: it's been years since I remembered I had this account, and I've been on hiatus due to life issues, unfortunately or fortunately there are 10 chapters, but once all ten are up, I will be restarting the story when I can)

At the Pontifex guild underground, secret hideout 12 days ago ...

As the members of the guild were in communion, a tall woman was in the back room. She had long and smooth platinum blonde hair. She also had various tools in her robe as she grabbed a few strange small containers. She poured them in carefully into the set bottles in front of her, and she began mixing some weird and odd chemicals as a random member brought a large, blue bottle.

"So, what is this for Ma'am," the member asked as he handed her the large bottle.

"It's a special chemical known to provoke biological mutations," she replied," with it as the catalyst, we can transform our human members into monsters, and this will turn the tide against the tyrannical countries that wish to separate us."

"So instead of increasing our quantity," said the member," we increase our quality?"

"Yes," the Witch Doctor replied as she poured a bit of the volatile liquid into the mix," the mixture is rare, a blend of three elements; Ruthenium, Thallium, and Cadmium."

"Is there a bad side to it," the member asked.

"This is meant to turn humans into viable monsters," she stated," I don't know what will happen if a natural born monster is given a dose of this."

"So, you have made this already once already," the member asked.

"Yes, she has," a man said as he emerged from a root, he is known as Amaranth.

"I was born human, but thanks to her, I can fight for everyone here and protect them. Now, move along back to the party, this interview is over," he continued.

Name: Amaranth

Creature: artificial Dryad

Recommended Rank to engage: Specialist.

Wanted priority: fugitive.

Magic use: possible plant magic

Cautionary notes: approach as with any rogue dryad, may have new attacks not normally associated with dryads. Consistently accompanies the Witch Doctor. Expect the unexpected.

The member quickly left the room as Amaranth asked," are those human brothers healed now?"

"Yes," the Witch Doctor replied," they seem to have a grudge against that winged boy that I heard somewhat about. It's rather odd since I never heard of such a race in all my notes. Nevertheless, the brother's will for revenge will be my chance to use the mutation shot today."

"I'll fetch them right away," Amaranth replied as he left the room. Soon the large television above began to ring as it turned on. There, on the other side was a dark silhouette of a figure.

"Ahh, so what brings the leader of the Lunar Solstice guild to contact me," The Witch Doctor asked.

"I heard that you have attained the perfect blend," the figure stated," was there any sort of, complications?"

"Not really," the Witch Doctor replied," although some subjects had to be terminated when they didn't mutate properly."

"Good," the figure replied," we would like to incorporate our weaker members to receive the mutations at the cost of valuable intel, yes?"

"Of course," The Witch Doctor replied as the two human brothers came in.

"Now will you excuse me," the Witch Doctor gestured to the brothers," I shall demonstrate that it works just for your pleasure."

"Are you sure," Lewis stated suddenly and looked at the screen," Wade and I do not want to be screwed over here."

"You won't," stated the Witch Doctor as she quickly injected both of them," I have tested this before, and soon you will be more useful to our cause."

"I don't really feel anything," Wade stated as Lewis began to sweat.

"Is it getting hot in here," he stated as he pulled his shirt collar. His face began to turn red as more sweat dripped from his body.

"I feel heavier now," Wade replied as he moved his arms," and stiffer."

Lewis took off his shirt as he stated," is it normal for you to get a fever from this?"

"Umm bro, your hair," began Wade," it's on fire."

"What," he stated as he looked over to Wade," your arms Wade, why do they look as if they are made of stone?"

"What," Wade yelled, but before he could look, they both screamed in pain as Lewis's body was on fire. Lewis fell onto the ground in flames as Wades' body began to grow. His arms, legs, and chest ripped through his clothing as they turned into stone. His head went into a spherical shape and turned into stone as well. Once he was done changing, he roared as the whole room shook.

"So how do you feel," The Witch Doctor asked as she brought a large rock.

"Amazing," Wade replied deeply," I can feel the strength, the power from this."

"Let's see if you can manipulate rocks in general," the Witch Doctor replied as she gave him the rock. The rock melted and went into his body. Then his arm turned into the shape of a stone cannon and the rock came out at an alarming speed.

"So, you can shape your body as well," The Witch Doctor replied," that's odd, I do remember the volatile chemical came from an orphan. but why is that so far, it's only giving shape shifting abilities?"

"What, what about my brother," Wade asked as he turned to Lewis's body as the flames grew too big and intense to see through. Due to his new voice, it was hard to hear any concern from it.

"Your brother," the Witch Doctor began," he won't be making it through this it seems."

"Just hold on for one second," Lewis yelled as he stood up. His actual body was hard to see from the growing flames as he stood tall, the flames soothed down as his visible body was dark and cracked, the cracks revealing orange like light within.

"I like this power," he stated as he finished growing," I think, I can finally kill that winged boy."

"We will teach you how to use your powers for now," the Witch Doctor stated," no going out whatsoever. Am I clear?"

Both newly formed monsters nodded, the brothers looked at each other once more.

"Seems as though it's a success after all," the figure stated," time to put my plan in motion."

Back at Omega quarters...

The small crew started putting on their armor, all but Sonata.

"What do you mean I get no armor," sonata complained," I have to join along right?"

"Our mission is to protect you," Rosemary replied while putting in a small knife in a holder on her leg," we can't let you come along and risk compromising that. So, stay here and ensure the door is locked, I don't want any students barging in again. Bird brain come here."

"What's up," Ontario ran up.

"it's time to make sure you are prepared for this," Rosemary began moving specific books into odd angles. The fireplace, which wasn't on, sunk into the ground, revealing a passageway that led down some steps.

"I never knew that was there," Ontario peered down the stairs.

"Well time is wasting if you only keep staring," Rosemary went past him and she quickly jogged down the steps, Ontario soon followed along, only a small number of lights showing the way.

At the bottom, a steel door was in front of them, Rosemary turned the metal wheel, the mechanical parts unlocked, and the door swung open. Ontario saw weapons, but not just any weapons, explosives, guns and all sorts of blade weapons everywhere. The room itself was quite big of course to accommodate such an arsenal. Some of the weapons were on ammunition crates, while some were hung up on shelves and cabinet like objects.

"This is where I summon my weapons," Rosemary demonstrated by pointing towards a lance, which was hung horizontally on the wall. The weapon disappeared and reappeared in her hands. She swung and twirled the lance for a few seconds before the lance once again disappeared from her hands and it was back where it was.

"We have some magical weapons here," Rosemary walked past Ontario into the middle of the room," but to use their full potential, you must attune to the weapon. But since you can use magic, attuning is possible, just a matter of time of meditation and training with the weapon."

Ontario looked around the room, the weapons varying in types and sizes of all sorts. He reached the sword section of the armory, the swords looked fancy as were all the other weapons, from broadswords to rapiers. One weapon, however, stood out to him.

"what's this one," he grabbed a silver sword that was moderately long and thin, thinner than the other swords. The handle was a mix of red and gold but most importantly, it had an odd engraving to the blade with the name "Esmund" on the hilt.

"That one," Rosemary looked it over," you too probably sense that its magical, but if you wish for that one to be your blade, you may take it."

Ontario held the blade and turned it and lightly swung it, it felt a little lighter than the practice swords. Rosemary rummaged around in one of the crates and she pulled out a leather sheath.

"Until you master long range summoning," she held out the sheath," use this to store it. it's the only one that will fit it."

Ontario carefully put the blade in the sheath and attached it to the combat armor he was provided with.

"Is there anything else you would like to have for this mission," Rosemary asked," we must depart soon."

Ontario looked around and noticed a small object on a table, it looked like you could put it on one's arm with its straps.

"what's this," Ontario grabbed the object and wrapped the straps onto his arm.

"it's a personal shield," Rosemary replied," it only has a minor amount of magic infused with it, mostly to read your will to open it."

"Let's see," Ontario replied," open shield."

The object in a clockwise motion opened into a circular shield, the shield seemed only big enough to cover Ontario body and barely protects his head.

"You don't have to say the command," Rosemary face palmed," enough fooling around, we must depart, now!"

"Alright fine," Ontario went to the door in a hurry," this stuff is so cool you know."

Rosemary locked the metal safe door as Ontario waited.

"Remember," Rosemary said," don't get cocky just because you have new equipment and magic, you can still easily die if you are reckless."

"Yeah, yeah I know," Ontario smiled, and he kept looking at the shield.

The two went back up and joined up with the rest, which was leaving Sonata behind, they headed to the military truck behind the school building.

"Illena we are heading south," Rosemary said as she hoped into the truck," I hope you all have your stomachs empty."

Some of the students in the classrooms above looked outside to see the squad get in.

"When it comes to the use of magic," Ms. Topaz began, until she looked on over at the students looking on over the window.

"Who is that," one of them asked, pointing to Ontario.

"I never seen anyone turn into that," another one added," and he's in the squad with the Grimrose right?"

"Everyone back to your seats," Ms. Topaz looked at the window," don't be distracted by the younger military squads."

Ms. Topaz was curious about Ontario, and she thought," I'm sure he's going to get the attention of many, if not all guilds."

"What do you mean empty stomachs," Ontario climbed in.

"We are going to the aftermath of a massive guild strike on a city," Rosemary replied," these attacks are rare, but always result in civilian casualties, mostly those that resist them."

"Right now, the only threat that remains is salvagers," Alexander added," the bigger fish have been driven out by the royal army. But there is a chance that SHE might be there."

"She," Ontario asked.

"A dangerous criminal known as the Witch Doctor," Rosemary said while the truck pulled off," she leads her own guild, and is a mastermind of evasion. She has been evading the authorities of the world for decades and has kidnapped monsters for her own experiments. Fortunately, we managed to rescue the only formerly human survivor from her crutches, and he teaches gym at the school."

"He's really strong when he transforms," Illena said from the driver's seat," he's the second strongest monster at the school right now."

"Uhm," Ontario looked around," how strong is he."

"let's just say Alexander at full strength won't be able to faze him," Rosemary implied.

"Geez that's strong," Ontario replied," no offense."

"Either way the witch doctor is extremely cunning and often has backup, mostly a dryad she created herself from a human. Expect them and some others to be looting whatever she finds valuable."

After a couple of hours of awkward silence, as Ontario wondered how you can make a dryad, the rubble and smoke from a torn city was in view over the hills. The glowing hot embers now became visible as the truck arrived.

"What in the world happened here," Ontario said while looking out the armored windows.

"Yesterday while you were training," Rosemary opened the back door," there was a massive guild strike on this city, most of the time such a strike is rare, but fortunately the royal forces intercepted before too many casualties could occur. Once the zone has been cleared completely, we will dispatch wizards and other magical beings to help reverse the damage."

"Still," Ontario walked around carefully," how many were killed in this disaster?"

"Too many," Rosemary loaded her rifle," but to precisely give an amount, only 67 innocent bodies were actually found, many others are assumed to have been vaporized."

"Ouch," Ontario replied.

Rosemary marched on forward with the other three following suit. Ontario soon noticed that there were bodies, torn apart, or burnt to dark charcoal. Some of the bodies weren't human of course, but that didn't stop the churning in Ontario's body.

"I think I am going to be sick," Ontario clutched his stomach, just the smell of their flesh was horrifying to him.

"Now you know why I fight," Rosemary said while she breathed slowly," no one deserves to lose the people they care about for no reason."

"So why do we have to arrive on the surface," Ontario wondered," can't we just teleport in?"

"There are wards in place to prevent people from leaving or entering with teleportation," Alexander replied while transforming, he began to lift over some rubble to a damaged storm drain, it was rather large just like the other ones nearby. The drain was around a five-foot drop to the bottom.

"Be aware that the security could still be active, if it wasn't destroyed by the battle above," Rosemary jumped down while the rest followed. The sewer was dark, until the lights on the vests turned on automatically.

"it's weird isn't it," Ontario turned to Alexander, who was human again.

"What is perplexing to you, I must ask," he replied.

"How is it you turn into that bull monster and yet your vest and shorts remain mostly intact," Ontario asked," jeez this place stinks though."

"I am sure this may sound familiar," Alexander replied," but our combat gear is much more advanced than Earth's, and these combat clothes and armor is more flexible and stronger."

"Done talking," Rosemary asked as she passed her hands along the wall and soon stopped.

"It just as I thought," Rosemary ripped open the panel," power is out, I need to restore the emergency power and then use the access code."

Rosemary began pressing some buttons on the side and the panel soon lit up. The panel soon said to input code. Rosemary once more now began to put in the code, but it kept on rejecting her.

"Don't tell me that they changed the code already," she said with annoyance," I typed in C-H-R-O-N-O-S yet why isn't it letting me in.

"Let me try," Illena pushed Rosemary to the side and began to mess with the panel.

"Illena, you are my best friend and all," Rosemary began," but I am not sure you know- "

"Got it," Illena said bluntly as the panel granted access and the wall slid to the left, revealing a passage that went down.

"Remember," Rosemary once again moved in first," avoid touching anything and everything. Due to the effects above we could have possible contaminations in high-risk areas. Masks on now."

Everyone put on their masks as the vault door ahead of them opened. The main room was mostly empty except for a desk with three monitors, and several lights above were broken. Rosemary drew out two of her machine pistols and held them low.

They approached the desk and Rosemary typed into the main computer, she took off her glove and

"Everyone move carefully as I said," she looked at a screen on her wrist," we should take a left and go down the elevator to the bottom floor."

"This place is very creepy," Ontario noted," must have been some big ass battle above."

"I know," Illena said," but once we finish this, we can go play some more video games again."

The gang proceeded to the elevator and while they went down. Ontario looked on over how a massive facility could be under a city.

"It's easy Birdy guy," Illena replied," they build it before the city is even anything close to major! I think they have different people do different parts, something brain frying like that."

"As if you had a brain," Rosemary scoffed," we are here."

The elevator opened hesitantly, and the group headed towards the door.

"I smell people," Illena whispered," and its fresh."

"No one is supposed to be here," Rosemary said," all data has been wiped and any important and all salvageable substances have been recovered except for the target at hand. Squad, prepare for combat."

The door opened and upon sneaking in, Rosemary noticed a familiar duo of people, and two she didn't know who they were. They squad didn't realize certain flowers blooming nearby. The room ahead was very large, empty shelves everywhere.

"The witch doctor," Rosemary muttered while clenching her guns tighter," of all people to be here, it had to be her."

"Who," Ontario asked.

"She's a fugitive on all the countries of the world," Alexander whispered," known to experiment on those that aren't of her guild. She has eluded every single authority in the world as of now."

"She's wanted dead or alive," Rosemary replied," I am not letting her get away, get ready to follow up."

The Witch Doctor was typing into the main compute there, while the others looked around.

"I detect a presence," Amaranth said," two magical, one beast, and a possible fiend or undead."

"Hold them off," the Witch Doctor continued typing," the security is tough this time."

Rosemary jumped off from the ceiling, firing off all her shots, but Amaranth lifted his arm and a large wall of roots sprouted up and blocked all the shots.

"Do not proceed squad," Rosemary landed, and she dropped the clips from the guns onto the ground. The wall came down for a moment, Amaranth walking forward.

"Nice to see the Grimrose come to this hole," he chuckled," approaching any authority is against my motto, but I have two friends who have a score to settle."

"Friends," Rosemary asked, and she saw two men step forward from behind Amaranth, the two she didn't recognize.

"Well, you all have some fun," Amaranth walked away, the root wall separating him from the brother duo and the squad.

"I remember now," Ontario said," you guys wanted my necklace."

"We simply thought you were just human like we once were," Lewis sneered," but now your little wings won't save you this time."

"Wait once humans," Ontario asked.

"Enough of this chit chat," Rosemary yelled in annoyance," take care of these two, I'm going after the doctor."

A fireball was formed in her hand, and she threw it at the wall. A hand stopped the flaming ball from hitting the wall and Lewis looked at this scorched palm.

"That felt like a prick," he said as he shook his palm, his hand returning to normal," like getting bit by a flea."

"How," Ontario asked," I thought these two were human?"

"Hehe," Wade laughed," we once were, and you humiliated us, but now it's time for revenge."

They both began to grow, their clothes tearing apart while wade's body turned dark and rough. Lewis's clothes ignited as his flaming body was now inhuman.

"What the flying fuck," Ontario said as Rosemary raised her eyebrows at the sight. Illena didn't understand what was so off about this. Alexander was indifferent but curious.

"Alexander and Illena," Rosemary drew her blade," find a way around this and get the Serum now! I'll take the fire one, bird brain, take the stone one."

"Uhm okay," Ontario got ready slightly nervously.

On the other side...

"Are you sure they are ready to fight the Grimrose's squad," Amaranth asked," this is the Grimrose, and we know that those on her squad are competent warriors."

"In any case," the witch doctor typed in a few more command prompts on the computer," ill bail them out, security is tougher than I thought. Time for virus upload."

She plugged in a drive that began an upload screen.

Into the fight

"Hey, watch it," Ontario dodged Wade's hand which formed a mace, the fist slammed onto the floor, creating a large crater.

"Why are you scared little man," Wade laughed as he sunk his hand further into the floor.

"I am not scared," Ontario stood confidently, until a rocky fist hit him from the wall beside him. But as he flew across the room, he used the wind to slow down, and he landed on the wall.
"Here I come," Ontario yelled and used a strong gust of wind to boost himself forward towards Wade and swung his sword. The sword hit Wade hard enough to knock him back and crack some of his shoulders. But Ontario bounced back, dropping the sword as he soothed his hands.

"Ow," he said," why are you so hard jeez."

Meanwhile Lewis observed Rosemary's sword stance for a second, and he simply smiled.

"I don't see what's so scary about you," he roared as he blew flames from his mouth.

Rosemary began to walk forward, the flames hitting her body, but not even fazing her while she jumped forward and swung her sword at Lewis. The blade hit his body, but it melted off into two instantly before it could cut him. Lewis swung his arm at Rosemary, while she ducked under it and leapt at him once more, delivering a two-hit kick with both her feet before landing a few feet away.

"Ow, so you're a pyromancer," Lewis snapped," just because my flames won't hurt you, doesn't mean their impact wont!"

He ran forward and swung his large fist at Rosemary, the translucent antennae and wings appeared on her as she moved to the side. She grabbed Lewis's arm and slammed her foot into his knee, which caused him to tumble down. She grabbed his neck and began to punch him in his face several times, before upper cutting him back.

"Bro," Wade yelled, and his fist shot out towards Rosemary, she got into a defensive stance with her palms out to catch the rock. Her palms caught the fist, but it was far heavier than she anticipated, so her boots scrapped the ground as she slid deep into a wall.

"That bitch is too much for me," Lewis got back up," I'll take on the bird."

"But he barely does shit against me," Wade complained," he's barely strong enough to just scratch me."

"But yet my face is in fucking pain because of the bitch," Lewis yelled back," she can't do much against you however."

"Fine," Wade sighed," ill tak- "

A flaming grapple came out of the wall and wrapped itself around Wade's body, it forced it him towards the wall all while Rosemary flew out, her foot in flames, and she slammed it into his head. Wade flew into the wall across.

"How much longer," Amaranth asked," they won't last long being outnumbered."

"The virus is almost done," the witch doctor continued to type in codes as the progression nearly finished."

Rosemary walked towards Ontario, her armor still slightly glowing hot.

"These guys aren't much," Rosemary told Ontario, "Their weaknesses are pretty obvious, figure out the fire one's and take him out."

"Madam," Alexander stomped in," Illena has found a vent that only she can go through, but I'll take over for you madam, you are much faster than I."

"Take on the rock one over there," Rosemary pointed over to the wall that was smashed in. The lights flickered as some rumbling was heard.

Wade stumbled out of the hole, but he was soon greeted by the minotaur grabbing him and throwing him onto the ground, causing the room to shake once more.

"Bird brain watch your back," Rosemary yelled out, Ontario was watching unaware that Lewis missed a fireball, but it lit Ontario's behind in flames.

"Heh," Lewis scoffed as he formed another fireball," what do you think of that?"

"My butt is on fire," Ontario yelled as he ran rapidly around the room.

"Just don't get yourself roasted," Rosemary shook her head and went over to the root wall. She placed her hands onto the roots, the roots turning blueish white and freezing over, she slammed her palm into the wall and the wall shattered forward.

"It done," the Witch Doctor turned over to a module which released a liquid into a metal container.

"I will only ask this one time," Rosemary formed a sword of fire into her hand," surrender while you can still breathe, you know that you have charged with over 89 current crimes worldwide."

"The Grimrose is somehow showing a bit of mercy," The witch doctor asked with confusion," Amaranth make sure to hold her off and get the other two once I'm out."

The witch doctor began to run off and just as Rosemary was about to give chase, she soon realizes she couldn't move her feet due to vines grabbing her feet. A lot of plant matter broke into the walls and some of them shot out sharp spikes and thorns. Rosemary easily made them all burn up as they all hit the fiery blade. She smiled as she sunk into the ground, the floor burnt around.

"she's not under the ground," Amaranth closed his eyes," but where..."

The ceiling above glowed red as rosemary fell through it blade first, Amaranth split himself in half as Rosemary landed in between the pieces. She realized her miscalculation as the two halves turned into plant stems and wrapped themselves around her.

"How easy," Amaranth's voice echoed the room as a large Venus fly trap like plant grew up from the ceiling and opened its jaws, Rosemary was sent into its mouth. The plant creature chewed for a couple of seconds before swallowing.

"Good boy," Amaranth reformed and scratched its chin. He walked towards the root wall when the plant monster began to whimper. Amaranth turned around and noticed its body was growing and glowing red brighter and brighter, until it exploded, revealing Rosemary with steam radiating from her body and damaged armor.

"Really," rosemary growled, her eyes glowing red," did you really think that will kill me?"

The flame sword reformed in her hand, it was blazing with more ferocity, and she charged forward.

The Witch doctor continued to move quickly along the halls.

"I hope they don't get flustered and rely only on brute strength," The Witch Doctor huffed.

From the vents above Illena came crashing down in front of the Witch Doctor.

"Haha, I found it," Illena sniffed towards the Witch Doctor.

"Not dealing with this today," the Witch Doctor formed a glowing blue ball of pure magical force, and hit Illena with it, blasting her into the wall.

The Witch Doctor continued to run down the halls until Illena fell through the vents again.

"What the," The Witch doctor asked," how did you?"

"I Don't know myself," Illena replied," but I need that blue thing you got there."

"Yeah, how about no," the Witch Doctor formed a blue crystal hand and squished Illena under it.

The Witch Doctor continued to run, but something felt off as Illena jumped in front of her yet again.

"Oh, for fucks sakes," The Witch Doctor sighed," what the hell are you."

"A vampire," Illena scratched her hair.

"Of course, the Grimrose sends the vampire after me," The Witch Doctor sighed in realization.

Now Ontario ducked under a wave of flame from Lewis and charged towards him, and with a thrust of his palm, Lewis only slid backwards. But his flames grew much bigger.

"Haha," Lewis laughed," yes, feed me, make me stronger!"

Lewis slammed his fist into the ground, causing it to crack forward towards Ontario, and the ground beneath sunk, which showed a pit of fire. Ontario fell into the hole, but he soon rose out.

"I can fly you know," Ontario scoffed, until he realized that the edges of the pit were surrounded in flames.

"This is where it ends now," Lewis laughed as he held his hands together in a cup like form to the side of his body, a bright fireball forming in it.

"Shit," Ontario tried to fly towards one of the flame walls, but the heat was too intense for him.

"Say goodnight," Lewis yelled as he thrusted his hands forward, the bright fireball flying towards Ontario.

Ontario held his sword forward and thought," come on, if you have a power, show me it please!"

The sword glowed and soon Ontario vanished from the fireball, the ball hitting the wall behind and causing a massive shockwave across the halls.

"Did it hit," Lewis asked with confusion, and he looked to his left. Ontario stood there with his eyes closed, the silver sword glowing and soon faded back to normal.

"That's impossible," Lewis said," how can a weapon grant someone the ability to teleport?"

"Huh," Ontario opened his eyes," oh cool I'm not roasted yet! Haha, you missed!"

"Cocky little shit," Lewis threw a barrage of flaming balls. Ontario swung his sword up, the wave of wind making the fireballs more intense, but they went upwards. Chunks of the ceiling fell in between the two.

"My wind hitting his fire fuels it, making it stronger," Ontario thought," but what if I do the opposite?"

"Grrr die you little shit," Lewis charged forward rapidly and swung his flaming fist down towards Ontario. Ontario jumped back with a smile, and he began to run as fast as he could around Lewis. He soon opened his wings, forcing the areas around Lewis to become a vacuum. Lewis grabbed his own throat, his flames dying down and he choked on the lack of air.

"Bro," Wade turned around and he swung his fist forward towards his brother. His fist was detaching just as Alexander body slammed him, making his detached fist hit the wall nearby.

"And now for the finishing touch," Ontario muttered, until he realized Lewis swung out his fist in a last-ditch attempt. The silver sword glowed again, causing Ontario to disappear and reappear above Lewis.

Ontario swung his sword so fast and with all his might, but only hitting him with the flat side of the sword, that Lewis was flung into the ceiling. He melted through it and Ontario could only see the light of the sun that came from the surface.

"Lewis," Wade yelled," how, we are supposed to be stronger!"

Lewis slammed the ground, many spiky rocks rising towards Ontario, but Alexander stepped in front of Ontario and punched the spikes just as they rose in front of him. His fist was cut on contact, but he smashed the spikes dead in their tracks.

"Ahhh, shit fuck," Wade lifted his arm from the ground, it was cracked and crumbling. He soon realized he was outmatched and sunk into the ground.

"We did it right," Ontario asked," that was fun."

"We won the battle," Alexander said," but the mission isn't over yet, let's wait for madam. I can feel that it's not wise to help her right now."

"Can you now buzz off," The Witch Doctor formed a magical wall, but Illena smashed right through it, slobbering slightly.

"I need that bottle," Illena now started running on all fours.

"Fine here take it," the Witch Doctor grabbed an empty bottle that looked exactly like the one she had. She threw it past Illena and Illena stopped and dashed for it.

"Finally," the Witch Doctor placed two fingers on her temporal, and she continued moving towards the elevator.

Rosemary ferociously sliced through many of the plant minions all while Amaranth was backing away from her getting closer and closer. Two plant figures lunged at her, but Rosemary's flame sword diminished, letting her grab both figures from their necks, and slam them together, freezing both at the same time and shattering them. She lunged at Amaranth, the fire sword reappearing in her hand as she swung, but many vines grabbed her limbs before her blade could come close to his body. The vines flung her into the metal wall, she hacked a bit of blood after a loud crunch echoed.

Rosemary glared at Amaranth as many plants formed around her, with holes on their heads and arms.

"Amaranth," the Witch Doctor said in his mind," I have the serum, I'm going to warp you all to my position soon. How is the Grimrose treating you?"

"I see why she got that nickname," Amaranth replied, the plants firing many thorns at Rosemary, she detached her arm from the wall and formed a large ice shield, catching all the thorns.

"Well, I am almost at the edge of the ward; I will activate the warheads once you are here."

Rosemary melted her shield and lunged at Amaranth once more, but he soon turned into a light blue shining crystal, and it shattered onto the floor.

"Coward," Rosemary growled, her eyes turning back to green. The vine wall, or what was left of it, shrunk away.

"We showed them," Ontario danced while floating on the ground," that was awesome! We gotta do this again!"

"Ugh," Rosemary clenched her left ribs," he's celebrating a temporary win over a novice enemy. I hope Illena is back with the serum."

"You rang for Illena," Illena popped out from the hole in the wall," aww you guys looked like you had fun here. But I brought it!"

She brought the serum canister to Rosemary, but before she could grab it, an alarm sound came in as the red alarm lights flashed.

"All personnel please evacuate immediately," a voice said that sounded like an audio recording," grounded warheads set to detonate in 5 minutes, all personnel please evacuate immediately."

"What is happening," Ontario asked.

"The city and facility are compromised," Rosemary replied," the warheads are normally set to self-detonate upon those conditions, or our little friends have delayed their arming. Let's move, there are warheads on the surface, so getting out is half the ordeal!"

Alexander turned back into his human form; the only clothing remaining was his torn pants. They quickly made their way to their own elevator.

"Here you go Rosey," Illena gave Rosemary the canister.

"Thank you, umm Illena," Rosemary moved the canister slightly up and down," you do know its empty right."

"But it's the one the Witch Doctor gave me," Illena replied.

"She tricked you," Rosemary sighed, still holding her side with her other arm," why of all things does she want that serum for?"

The elevator finished rising and the squad rushed to the sewer exit. As they reached the truck, the ground shook as many explosions were seen underground.

"Drive Illena," Rosemary climbed into the back as well with Ontario and Alexander climbed in. Illena floored the accelerator and the truck sped off, the explosions following closely behind.

"Hey bird brain," Rosemary yelled out," can you hold the flame back from reaching us, it's getting too close. I can resist but Alexander and Illena can't."

"I don't know," Ontario wondered," I can try."

He flew out above the truck," good thing I don't have to deal with her driving."

Ontario noticed that the explosions were creating some wave of flame wall that was approaching them.

"Wind fuels fire," Ontario thought," and fire follows the wind for more oxygen, maybe..."

He waved his hand with lots of force, a large gust of wind pushing the wave of flame into another alley.

"Haha, I did it yet agai-ow "he exclaimed while hitting a bridge from two torn buildings.

"You idiot," Rosemary yelled as she took off her mask," get up and run!"

"Ugh" Ontario held his head, the explosions fire catching up again and he looked towards the truck. The sword on his leg holster was glowing once again.

"What do you want," Ontario looked at it, he realized that it was able to teleport him. He focused on the truck ahead and he disappeared, just as the final explosions around him went off.

Ontario noticed he was back on the truck, on top of the roof of the truck, the sword losing its glow again.

"Neat," he put it back in its holster.

Rosemary opened the hatch," how did you get back here, you didn't master Misty Step yet, did you?"

"I think this sword gives me that ability," Ontario said," It just did it out of its own. And I don't feel tired at all when it happened."

"Get back in here," Rosemary said," I need to know more about it."

Pontifex guild hideout

"Even if you two were beaten," The Witch Doctor said to Wade and Lewis, who were both injured," you two will get stronger, don't lose hope. But most importantly I have this!"

She pulls out the serum and pours most of it in with her current mutation formula, the formula remains stable as she poured it into many syringes.

"Now the dosage will be much smaller than before," The Witch Doctor said," and I may be able to replicate it again. Soon our army will be strong, but we need outside help soon."

Back at Omega quarters, the next day...

"Madam you really should be resting," Alexander grabbed some drinks and placed it on a table. Rosemary was doing sit ups with her sides bandaged up. There were heavy weights on her back, arms, and legs.

"Resting is for the lazy ones," she said while straining from the pain," I need to be stronger, much stronger."

"Thanks for the Cola," Ontario teleported in, sword in hand. He grabbed the cup and teleported away.

"He shouldn't be using that sword so casually," Rosemary grunted," but you tell me he did well in combat, even against a type that would have the advantage?"

"He showed promise during it, I can assure you madam," Alexander grabbed a hot cup of cocoa and motioned it towards Rosemary.

"I'll drink it when I'm done," Rosemary began doing pushups, she was shaking per push up as her body was giving out.

The main monitor began to ring near the fireplace. Alexander grabbed it and soon said," Madam, it's from the leader."

"What does she want," Rosemary huffed, she struggled to get up. She grabbed the tablet and looked on over at the message, it read:

Good morning Grimrose, I hope you are treating the new guy well, or at least I hope he isn't scared shitless. Nevertheless, I have come to inform you that I have reached Adelmoed, the stealth trip was rather bumpy you can say. But once I reach home I'll take command, so no more massive chocolate imports. That stuff will get you fat, no matter how much you train, toodles!

"Ugh why today," Rosemary growled while she bit into a chocolate bar and drank from her cocoa. Rosemary walked out of the room in a huff as everyone looked at each other with confusion.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 1 87
IT'S THE RISE OF THE FIRST FAIRIES AND THE ENTIRE WORLD IS ABOUT TO CHANGE. WHEN THE TWO GIRLS MEET SIX OTHER GIRLS THE ADVENTURES DEFINITELY START...
107 2 4
A group of unusual individuals exploring their way through a twisted and scarred world discover dark secrets and legends that are more than just stor...
905 158 52
Creatures of myth are thought of as monsters. What if one person doesn't believe this. This person knows that they are not monsters, but friends. She...
655 18 20
This story talks about a mysterious world who appeared out of nowhere and no one knows about it. Now a group of friends are dragged into it, without...