Never Letting Go (Draft)

By AnnMichiefics

Status: Complete Hermione Granger has spent twenty years searching for the missing Potions Master. When she f... More

Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
AUTHORS NOTE
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
AUTHORS NOTE
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three (updated)
Quick Note
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Authors Note
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine

Chapter Two

3.1K 87 6
By AnnMichiefics

Note

I'm not the best writer, but I just love it.

-A Birthday Party-
Part 1
17 years later.....

"I bet you five galleons you won't do it."

"I don't need your petty money, I'm plenty capable of just walking right over and snogging her right now."

"Oh yeah, if you're so sure of yourself why haven't you done it then?"

"Are you sure you're Harry Potter's son?"

A flame caught behind the boys eyes and pure determination settled over him.

"I better have five galleons in the palm of my hand when I get back." Albus said, and rushed over towards the daughter of Neville Longbottom, who stood beside Cassie Thomas.

"Oh, hello Albus, having a nice party?" She asked with her sweet smile as soon as he stopped in front of her.

All of his determination died as soon as their eyes met and his shoulders sank.

He smiled and his cheeks reddening, "Uh, yeah."

"You're mother is quite the party thrower, I may need her to throw me a birthday party as well." Eileen said, smiling brightly at a very red Albus.

He smiled bashfully and scratched the back of his neck. "Uh yeah, so Eileen, listen, I uh,"

"Oh look, Albus, you're Aunt has just arrived."

Albus' eyes dart over towards the front door and there, in all her glory, is Hermione Granger. His bashful smile brightens and he excuses himself quickly.

She had been staying with his father for the past few weeks, his mother told him in his letters. It's been months since he's actually saw her though. Good thing Headmistress Mcgonagall has a soft spot for his father or this birthday party would have never have happened outside of Hogwarts grounds.

"Aunt Mione?" Albus exclaims, engulfing Hermione in a bear hug.

"Albus, how are you, happy birthday." She said, smoothing his wild hair, reminding her to much of his father.

"I'm great now," Albus said with a snort, "I asked her not to do all this."

Hermione laughs, "That's where she's like your grandmum."

"I think they're conspiring against me." Albus said, earning a laugh from his Aunt.

"I think so." Hermione said, "How's second year treating you?"

"It's good, Professor McGonagall hasn't changed a bit if that's what your asking."

"I never assumed she had, stubborn witch she is."

Albus laughs, "All of your stories of her were true, I only wish she was my head of house." His smile fades.

Hermione smile falters again, knowing Albus never wanted to be a Slytherin.

"I'm proud of you, you know, you've made loads of friends."

His face brightens at that, "I know, isn't it brilliant." Albus pauses, knowing his next question is a delicate matter, "How's the search?"

He knew that's where she was arriving from, another lead which led to another clue.

Hermione's smile lessens but she keeps it in place, "Only time will tell."

"And has it?" Albus asked.

"Have you seen your father?" Hermione asked, changing the subject, a small frown appearing in her eyes.

"Yeah he's in the dinning area with Uncle Ron and Mum." James said, pointing towards the kitchen.

"Thank you." Hermione said, flashing him a small smile.

As she goes to move passed him he steps in her way and she frowns.

"I didn't mean to seem harsh, I'm just worried about you Aunt Mi," Albus said, sending her a small smile. He's always been wise beyond his years.

She smiles and hugs him, "It's fine, Albus, I won't break."

~~~

"She said she'd be right back."

"Ron, shut it, she'll be back."

The trio were sitting amongst a table full of gifts and desserts, the party that'll never die was slowly transitioning into an evening party. Nearly Albus' entire year at Hogwarts including his Slytherin friends were roaming about the Potter Manor, a property filled with twelve year olds meant a property filled with old Order members and Dumbledore's Army, which was something the trio liked to avoid.

"I don't know why either of you bother, she's always working, researching, and all for someone who treated her like straight shit in school." Ronald said, sipping his whiskey from a bottle, his entire appearance in disarray.

"Ron I told you, stop raiding the bar while the Manor is full of kids, and if she thinks it's for a good cause then we'll support her, like she's always done for us." Harry said, smiling when Ginny lays her head on his shoulder and rubs his chest affectionately.

"Nice to know you're on my side, Harry." All heads turn and a smile blossoms on their faces.

"Hermione dear, where have you been?" Ginny said, standing from her place on the lap of the Chosen one to give her friend a hug.

Hermione returns it and they exchange kisses to the cheek.

"Working, researching as Ron's said." Hermione forces a smile at that, doing everything to avoid Harry's eyes.

"Well we're glad you could made it, have you spoken to Albus yet, we're about to bring out the cake." Ginny informs, rubbing her friends shoulders.

"Yeah, I've just spoken to him, actually, he pointed me in your direction."

"That's good, he's missed you dearly." Ginny said, sounding more and more like her mother every day, but Hermione won't tell her that.

"Alright then, since everyone important is here, shall we get this party started." Harry said standing from his place at the dinning table, with a bright smile that shows in his green eyes.

"We shall." Hermione said.

~~~

Albus has never been much of a dancer, but he's always been a lady's man, so when Eileen Longbottom asked him to dance with her on the dance floor that was surrounded by the Potter garden full of friends and family, he couldn't say no.

It's been twleve years of him running after her like a rogue pixie fairy, and there was no way he was about to turn her down.

She's never showed the slightest of interest in him, she's never liked him. She's even gone as far to say that she despised him and his gang of misfits who walk the Hogwarts halls like they own the place because they're children of the great Harry Potter.

And he always failed in his quest to gain her affections, that was until a week ago.

If only he knew all he had to do was be himself, then he would have done it long ago.

He and the sons of Luna Lovegood, Lorcan and Lysander, were standing beneath the Womping Willow, it was meer coincidence that Albus had stubbled upon the boys in the first place. You never see to many Slytherin and Ravenclaws mixing and mingling. It wasn't as if it were unheard of, it just never happened.

They were known throughout Hogwarts as the Looney Scamander's, they were like their mother. So very intelligent. Their intelligence was looked upon as complete madness.

Albus saw them, in the same aspect as his father saw their mother, completely intelligent. He enjoyed hearing about the nargles and such. He loved that he could talk and they would listen and vis versa. It was a calming friendship.

But no one knew it, no one knew that the son of Harry Potter was friends with the Scamander twins, no one. Until that day.

Scorpius Malfoy with a few of his friends rounded the corner of the Willow and started laughing pointing fingers at the twins as they picked flowers.

"Oh look the Looney Scamander's are at it again with their load of rubbish." Scorpius had said, hunched over in laughter.

"Why don't you go choke on your pride somewhere else Malfoy." Albus snapped, having had enough of Scorpius' attitude towards the twins.

"I didn't mean any harm by it Albus." Scorpius said, seeming completely shocked at his friends tone toward him.

"Yeah?" Albus had said, "Then don't do it again."

"I was only having a bit of a laugh, no harm done." Scorpius said urging his friends around him to agree, and they did.

Albus had clinched his wand in his hand, which didn't go unnoticed to Scorpius and the rest of them. Albus wasn't lacking in the dual department, and the young Malfoy and his friends knew it.

"Just leave them be from now on, will you Malfoy?" Albus sighed, to which they all agreed and were leaving just as Eileen walked seemingly from out of no where towards Albus.

Albus' eyes were as big a saucers when he saw her approaching him.

"Well done Potter, well done."

And nothing could have made him happier.

Note

I hope that wasn't to horrible. 😅

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 97 22
❝𝐇𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬.❞ - After Hermione Granger breaks up with her boyfriend, Ronald Weasley, everything f...
513K 15.4K 63
"Well, Malfoy, you won't tell me, but I will find out your secrets." Draco Malfoy has secrets. Lots of them. Returning to his 6th year, many no lon...
46.4K 763 30
Spoiler alert! Based on the time after the events of Deathly Hallows. This a Romione fanfic after the war. "I don't." "You do." "Nope." "Yup." "Your...
80.2K 1.9K 28
When Hermione starts the seemingly impossible task to find her biological family. The only clue she has is a letter that her father gave her on the d...